main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED ESAF ESPAC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 17, 2021.

1. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    IC: Keldan Darach

Keldan literally had to hold himself back. He didn't miuch like draksiders, especially sith as they had killed his father before he even had the chance to meet him. But nonetheless he estrained himself as he knew this was not the time for battle. He listened to Polmath's news of the threat.

''This isn't the first time Darksider have been hiding in the unknown regions. The Resurgent Sith Empire for example, they used the same tactic biding their time till they were strong enough to challenge the republic.''

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Kato Sai
    Everyone Else Here

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Gildar
    Green Room

Gildar felt the conflict in the dark side temple, even at the distance he had kept. Every bit of it felt disturbing. So much so that he left the droids that had been sent and took a walk back to the Grey facilities. He needed some time to think. After a mile or two of as much of a "leisurely stroll" as he could manage, he headed back. They'd be back in the Green Room by now.

Though, as he approached, he felt the same darkness coming from the Green Room. It confused him no end. He walked in and hung back at the entrance. He took in that this was a Sith. A darksider. A Sith Prince, no less. He felt his hands curl into fists. His nails bit into his palms. He felt the... the... evil was the best term that came to him.

As they finished the explanation of their actions, Polmath continued on to describing what was happening locally, in system. From the way it was described, it seemed to be a miracle that none of the people recently arrived had seen the planetoid he mentioned. There was so much debris out there, that he supposed it just appeared to be more debris.

At the same time, he was shocked and he was excited. There were many times that he'd been off-planet for one reason or another. But this was the beginnings of a mission.

One person did speak up. He offered, "This isn't the first time Darksider have been hiding in the unknown regions. The Resurgent Sith Empire for example, they used the same tactic biding their time till they were strong enough to challenge the republic."

Gildar nodded. "Still," he spoke up, "aren't we 'hiding' ourselves? People don't know about Decameron Alpha unless we tell them about it."

He started walking forward from where he'd walked into the room. As he walked toward the front of the room, and the girl he'd met earlier, he looked hard at the "Sith Prince." He needed to find out what this person really was and what he was doing here.

Tags: @greyjedi125, @clone commander bossk

3. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    OOC: I'm back!

IC: Narancia and Yuffie C'baoth

Yuffie looked on at the events that transpired in complete horror; her visions were right again. Narancia was also looking at the conflict between Nkri and his FATHER?!
    The twins quickly regrouped together, each slowly processing the events that just transpired; it was all a complete blur; they needed time to comprehend fully. Narancia nudged Yuffie on the shoulder,

"You look like you saw a ghost are you okay?"

Yuffie looked on in surprise at Narancia shook her head,

"Yeah, no, no, I'm okay."

Yuffie still hated showing weakness around people, especially Narancia, and this was further compounded by the fact that she never told anyone about her ability to "see." Yuffie couldn't straight up see the future, but instead, she could sense approximations of various threads and try to piece them together.

"I need some air."

Yuffie stated as she quickly left the gathering and headed outside on the foyer overlooking the habitations of the planet to ponder if this trip was a good idea, as now the siblings were once again caught in the middle of another crisis. Narancia, on the other hand, thought about going after her, but he was still befuddled by everything, the announcement by Polmath, the arrival of Nkri, and these other people named Stark and Kerra. Narancia decided to look at the event before greeting Nkri again; he needed to understand everything truly.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @darthbernael, @Kato Sai, @spacelady, @Ktala, @Jedi_Ascension, @clone commander bossk @DarthIshyZ @greyjedi125

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Sor-Khan and Nkri Tzenti
    The Gathering

The Sith Prince adjusted his knuckles in their gold gauntlets. He listened with great interest and then looked at Stark.

So you were a Darksider, I sensed aggression in you at the Med Tower. You wanted me to attack, now I understand.”

Khan turned to Polmath. “Greater than the Infinite Empire?! That remains to be seen. You say more of these ‘sparkling’ personalities are planet side? Hmmm..”
    The Sith Prince raises his gauntlet to his naked chin and stroked it. His mind went wild with the possibilities, perhaps The Terentatak wasn’t the prize afterall.

Nkri stood almost motionless, he saw Narancia and Yuffie enter and eyes them with a downcast look. The reveal of his identity, a Khan, made him lower his visage. The Disciple.. was he still one? Felt nothing but shame.

TAG:
    @greyjedi125
    @Narancia
    and everyone else present at The Gathering.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Polmath the Caretaker
    The Gathering, The Green Room

"Peace, Guildar...."

Polmath intoned calmly and made a lowering motion with his hand, a familiar gesture indicating for the young man to manage his emotions.

"Everyone here is a guest, and we must in turn be good hosts." He reminded, before turning once again to the Sith Prince.

"Your attempts to provoke Stark are useless, Prince. But the effort is yours to waste." The Grey Elder informed.

"And I see the sith practice to misinterpret a narrative is alive and well with you, may it lead you to its natural conclusion." A small warning.

Polmath paused for several heartbeats, witnessing the exchange between the C'baoth Siblings, but otherwise did not interfere. It was critical that all of the sub-sets of events playing among those gathered, resolve themselves as they would, one way or another. Choices and decisions needed to be made, both silent and voiced. Before speaking once again, Polamth did look upon Nkri, yet offered only a sympathetic glance. The heir apparent to the Sith Throne needed to assert his path for himself, if he was ever to realize a chosen destiny.

"Indeed, Keldan, this is not the first time would-be-conquerors hid themselves in the Unknown Regions." Polmath said, now addressing the zabrak.

"Still, we have detected no subsequent activity or disturbance after Lady Xaan's encounter many moons ago. However, we hypothesize there will be another in the near future, and for that we must make ready."

Polmath offered a slow nod.

"A great deal of Will Power and Discipline will be needed for the challenges ahead, that, and unwavering conviction. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I will take a few more questions before we adjourn for a mid-afternoon meal. You have travelled far to reach this place, it is only proper that we provide some much needed sustenance."

The Caretaker wished for an atmosphere of exchange of information, not agitation, therefore, a meal and some relaxation seemed to be in order.

Tag: @clone commander bossk, @Darth_Elu, @darthbernael, @DarthIshyZ , @Jedi_Ascension, @Kato Sai , @Ktala, @Narancia, @spacelady

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti and Sor-Khan
    The Gathering

The Grey Novice looked up as Polmath acknowledged him and with the annoucement of a meal, Nkri approached his Father.

“I need to speak with you.”

Sor-Khan was deep in thought, his mind like a labyrinth of schemes and plans. He came out of his daze, “Very well..”

Nkri nodded to Polmath as he and The Sith Prince exited the Green Room and into a hallway. There the Disciple turned to his Pater.

“I tried hard to forget you, and escape your plans for me. I chose a new path, one that embraces the light and the dark.”

Sor-Khan interrupted, “A great folly, you are a Son of Darkness, this internal juggling is beneath you.”

Nlri pounded his fist on the wall. “You are wrong!.. about me. I am not who you want me to be.”

The Sith Prince grinded his jaw, “And what do I want you to be?”

The Grey Novice turned to look at his behemoth sized Papa. “Heir Apparent, the next Prince of the Empire.”

Sor-Khan nodded. “Yes, that is because it is your destiny.”

Nkri shook his head. “No,, no! I am a Jedi.”

Khan rolled his eyes. “That again, you do this to spite me. When are you going to cease with this charade? You are no Jedi! You are my son! It was you who contacted me to come here!

Nkri shouted, “And you know why?! Do you? Do you! I wanted you to be here..”

Sor-Khan had befuddled look on his bald face. “Of course, that is what I said..

Nkri shook his head. “No.. I wanted you here, because I needed you. I thought I was dying, and I wanted to see you.”

Sor-Khan walkes over and placed his hand on Nkri’s Shoulder. “You.. you have too much of your mother in you.

Nlri lashed out. “Father! Its not weakness! You matter to me.. even that I could not kill, all my work to forget you, and on that table torn open, I saw your face.”

The Sith Prince turned away, obscuring his face in the dark.

Nkri approached his Father, “I know anger, and hate take precedent in you. But is there any room for love? Love of your only son?”

Sor-Khan took s breath. He then turned, his eyes like torches. “No.. love makes us weak, saps our strength and makes one hesitate. It is not the Way of the Sith.

Nkri sighed and lowered his head. “Well.. I believe it matters, and if I must die as a cost for love, then I consider it well worth it compared to the promise of eons without it.”

Sor-Khan clenched his teeth. “So be it, Son. But remember this, those you love will do greater harm than a legion of Terentaktak. On that day that when you are betrayed, remember my voice, for I tried to warn you.”

Nkri sighed again. “We should rejoin the Gathering.”

The Sith Prince nodded, and the two entered back into The Green Room.

TAG: @greyjedi125
    Everyone who is interested.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ori Yakeka
    The Green Room, Arboritum

My, my, how wild does the current flow now! Ori thought to herself as she watched the interactions of the others, while she was on one knee, gently scratching Zeze's ears. She looked about, and she could feel the difference of the flows. Or sometimes, the LACK of them.

And then there were those who called themselves Siths. The reactions from the others was much interesting to watch. The flow was in a rapid flow now, very much agitated as one had entered the room. He gave a bow to Polmath, and then spoke..

Greetings, I am Sor-Khan, Prince of the Sith, and Lord of Darkness.”

Polmath's response was quick. “Welcome to ‘The Gathering’ and well met, Prince Sor-Khan. Thank you for honoring us with your presence. I am Polmath the Caretaker, please join us so that we may continue our discussion.” and then returned the man's bow.

Then the woman with guards, which further agitated the flow. It was getting interesting. Force pulls, a shout, lightsabers ignited. Zeze whined, but Oni simply shook her head. OOhh... how much the current struggled. Hate, anger disgust, all negative emotions. She looked over at Polath, who seemed rather calm. More angry words. A woman storms off.

Words from the other man now. Tysos.

“Stand down.”

With a little hesitation, lightsabers deactivated and blasters were holstered or slung back over the shoulders, animals reluctantly relaxing and sticking close to their companions. The line of Varmiri became less defensive. Slightly. A few more words. But she keyed in on the sentence that was most important.

“Just what approaches from beyond the boundaries of our galaxy?”

“Peace and civility. Let us adhere to these virtues my friends.” Polmath bid aloud to all.

“Your actions will reveal who you are.” Polmath declared with a measure of emphasis. “I ask again, let there be peace.”

Traya!

Jedi. Sith. Simple titles enough. It was actions that drew the true meaning. People could give themselves the most grandiose of titles. Lord of darkness? What exactly did that mean? Polmath continued.

“To answer the Potentate’s question, we do a periodic patrol of our galaxy’s edge. This time, it was Lady Xaan’s turn to respond to a disturbance in the Force deeper in the unknown regions. Long range telemetry seemed to suggest some kind of rift or portal had opened as well. In this instance, one of our fastest Crystal Vessels was needed for the task.”

“According to Lady Xaan’s report, she encountered a large refugee vessel fleeing the pursuit of a planetoid, or rather, a remnant of what used to be a planet, as revealed by the ships scans. The fleeing vessel was under the protection of powerful lightsiders, while the planetoid was under the control of darksiders.”

Lightsiders and darksiders?

Polmath gestured and the one called Stark stepped forward.

“This is Stark, the latest member of the Grey Order, who is now a more than capable guardian of the grey path. I will have you know that most of the darksiders aboard that planetoid were his spitting image- and from what we have gathered, there are many, many more of him. They are but the scouts of what appears to be a force much darker and much greater than that of the Infinite Empire.”

Ori turned her head to study the one called Stark. What was within his flow, that made a group create an entire army of him? He was a grey. Cloning a force user was tricky business. TO clone a large group of one man. There had to be a reason.

Another man spoke up then. ''This isn't the first time Darksider have been hiding in the unknown regions. The Resurgent Sith Empire for example, they used the same tactic biding their time till they were strong enough to challenge the republic.''

A man who just walked in spoke up then. Gildar nodded. "Still," he spoke up, "aren't we 'hiding' ourselves? People don't know about Decameron Alpha unless we tell them about it."

The sith spoke up then, speaking to the man who had just walked in. “So you were a Darksider, I sensed aggression in you at the Med Tower. You wanted me to attack, now I understand.”

Khan turned to Polmath. “Greater than the Infinite Empire?! That remains to be seen. You say more of these ‘sparkling’ personalities are planet side? Hmmm..”

Polmatch responded, "Everyone here is a guest, and we must in turn be good hosts." He reminded, before turning once again to the Sith Prince.

"Your attempts to provoke Stark are useless, Prince. But the effort is yours to waste." The Grey Elder informed.

"And I see the sith practice to misinterpret a narrative is alive and well with you, may it lead you to its natural conclusion."

Ohh, the flow positively bounced with all the sensations rolling about. It was getting a bit much. Ori listened as Polmath spoke up once more.

"A great deal of Will Power and Discipline will be needed for the challenges ahead, that, and unwavering conviction. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I will take a few more questions before we adjourn for a mid-afternoon meal. You have travelled far to reach this place, it is only proper that we provide some much needed sustenance."

Ori stood up, and gave Zeze a gesture. His tail wagged furiously.

Ori brushed herself off, and then looked over towards Polmath. She gestured towards Stark. "No offense to you Stark, but what makes you so special, that someone would clone you? Your abilities, your skills, you enate abilities, or the lack thereof?...."

Ori shrugged her shoulders. "They must be after something specific."

She then smiled, looking towards Polmath. "And yes, a meal sounds lovely, Guardian.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @DarthIshyZ @Narancia @Darth_Elu @Jedi_Ascension @clone commander bossk @spacelady @Kato Sai @darthbernael

8. Jedi_Ascension

Jedi_Ascension Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 20, 2020
    Lucahz Sarbor

With everything suddenly whirling into chaotic motion around him, Lucahz merely allowed his hand to rest calmly upon the hilt of his lightsaber. So much was said or done, it was nearly difficult to keep track of it all, but he did and made sure not to move a muscle in any way that could be interpreted as aggressive. There were insinuations upon him, distrust, both voiced and not but he did not allow himself to fall prey to such things. A pleasure he would not give the misguided. He was a man of action and that's how they would read him; no matter what they thought, he did not move to attack. Let them figure out what that means for themselves.

When the Sith appeared and Force Puled another across the room, Lucahz would have normally jumped in there, but something in The Force told him to stay his hand still and allow things to pass. Without no small amount of trepidation, he did and was rewarded with things calming down again. If still tense. At all the comments of the a moving planet of dark side clones approaching the galaxy, he could only frown.

Allowing the conversation to continue, he spoke up finally while keeping an eye on the group with the animals, more out of curiosity. "Do you have any ideas as to where such celestal bodies are originating from, let alone how they have jedi and Sith already battling on them? I find this very strange. There is a puzzle here beyond just the threat. One that may prove far more important than what we physically may need to deal with."

Tag: @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Kato Sai @Darth_Elu @Narancia @clone commander bossk @spacelady @DarthIshyZ @darthbernael

9. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Veira Rynn

The beautiful Hapan noticed the warning look from the Potentate and quickly fell silent. He was right. They were there as guests and should not provoke the others... not matter how interesting that would make things. She owed her life to him and she wouldn't disrespect him or his values. Although, it seemed clear that Art'tan shared similar views as her. It was a wonder they hadn't really met before all of this, she could imagine some ruckus made with him. She turned her gaze onto the siblings while Art'tan conversed with them. She studied their armor while they spoke. She hadn't had any known interaction with Jensaarai in the past and admitted she didn't know much about them, but felt in good company with being adorned in an emerald green armor herself.

Before she could get any word into the conversation between the three, the leader of this place began speaking. She focused her attention to him and listened, carefully, to his words. She kept her thoughts to herself about his speech, looking to Trysos for his reaction and trying to assess his thoughts by any expression or body language.

It wasn't much long later when they were interrupted by a new arrival. “Greetings, I am Sor-Khan, Prince of the Sith, and Lord of Darkness.”

Veira's eyebrows raised at the claim of prince and lord of darkness and that was all the reaction she would be allowed to have before things escalated quickly as he Force pulled one man to him. The Shado Varmiri were well trained and each flowed so seamlessly, it would be obvious to those around them of their skill. The Hapan's moves were smooth and swift as she withdrew and ignited her green lightsaber, holding it aloft, and standing next to Trysos and Art'tan, while the other Shado Varmiri formed a circle around them. She wasn't sure who was the most dangerous in this room and so she made sure to eye each and everyone, as well as extend her sense out beyond the room for any further threats.

She watched as the Sith "Lord" rip off the mask on the man and eventually it was announced he was the prince's son. She watched, confused and uncertain what to do now. Did that even mean anything? Blood relations never meant much to her and the Sith weren't the most loving people around, she had to admit. She gripped the cool hilt of her saber tightly, ready for anything until...

“Stand down.”

Veira blinked and briefly glanced at the Potentate to make sure he was certain. And she wasn't the only one.

“But Potentate! The Sith —“

“Stand down.”

The young Hapan shot a look to Art'tan before following the orders, deactivating her saber. She chose not to put it away, but keep it in her hand for the time being. She'd much rather have a fair fight. However, when Trysos sighed and removed his helmet, she hung her lightsaber from her belt so that she would have free hands to accept his helmet, holding it carefully. How embarrassing would it be to drop it now of all times?

"We have a Sith Prince, or so he calls himself, and what would appear to be a Jedi Knight or two. Jensaarai and others. Are we all willing to play along with this conversation? Or are we standing amidst some kind of plot? Should we not just turn around and leave now?”

Veira stealthily shot Art'tan a look and a quick whisper under her breath, so only he could hear. "I vote leave..." She innocently shrugged before looking back at the events unfolding, promising that was her only time of distraction.

“Peace and civility. Let us adhere to these virtues my friends. Your actions will reveal who you are. I ask again, let there be peace.” Polmath easily controlled the conversation again, steering it back to civility, but how long would that last? She, guardedly, heard his answer to Trysos’ question, explaining about some kind of a portal and a refugee ship in flight. Lightsiders and Darksiders fighting yet again, about the same as usual, it seemed.

“This is Stark, the latest member of the Grey Order, who is now a more than capable guardian of the grey path. I will have you know that most of the darksiders aboard that planetoid were his spitting image- and from what we have gathered, there are many, many more of him. They are but the scouts of what appears to be a force much darker and much greater than that of the Infinite Empire.”

“So you were a Darksider, I sensed aggression in you at the Med Tower. You wanted me to attack, now I understand. Greater than the Infinite Empire?! That remains to be seen. You say more of these ‘sparkling’ personalities are planet side? Hmmm..” The Sith Prince spoke up.

"I need some air.” The sister announced and took her leave of the green room, her brother remaining, though looking rather confused by everything, much like how she felt.

"Your attempts to provoke Stark are useless, Prince. But the effort is yours to waste. And I see the sith practice to misinterpret a narrative is alive and well with you, may it lead you to its natural conclusion.” Polmath calmly responded to diffuse the situation.

"A great deal of Will Power and Discipline will be needed for the challenges ahead, that, and unwavering conviction. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I will take a few more questions before we adjourn for a mid-afternoon meal. You have travelled far to reach this place, it is only proper that we provide some much needed sustenance.”

Veira rested Trysos’ helmet at her hip now, her arm cradling it against her and feeling a swell of mixed emotions. Her eyes caught the Sith Prince and his son leave the audience chamber to speak in private, curious about how that would go down. She allowed some of her focus to ebb into the hallway, simply to stay aware of any fights beginning. It was better to be prepared.

"No offense to you Stark, but what makes you so special, that someone would clone you? Your abilities, your skills, you enate abilities, or the lack thereof?....They must be after something specific.”

Veira didn’t know if that was supposed to be a jab, but it seemed that way to Veira. She forced down a laugh, pushing her lips together hard to keep her face from breaking neutral awareness.

"Do you have any ideas as to where such celestal bodies are originating from, let alone how they have jedi and Sith already battling on them? I find this very strange. There is a puzzle here beyond just the threat. One that may prove far more important than what we physically may need to deal with.” She heard one of the quiet ones in the back finally voice his opinion.

The Hapan had her own opinions forming, but due to the dangerous tension in the room and her position in the Shado Varmiri, it served no one for her to speak up. And so, she kept her thoughts to herself, her blue eyes scanning everyone in the room while her bird flapped quietly at her side, feathers slightly bristled in readiness.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Darth_Elu, @Narancia, @Ktala, @Jedi_Ascension, @Kato Sai, @clone commander bossk, @darthbernael, and @DarthIshyZ

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Alejac Ridicuf
    Green Room

One didn't need Force sensitivity to sense the tension that was growing in the room. First with this darksider coming into our safe space. Alejac wouldn't call him a Sith since that religion died out with Vader and Palpatine. Polmath indicated he would take care of this one.

But, then, he dropped his own bomb. That of the battle between light- and dark-side forces nearby. Alejac had mixed feelings about this. He felt excited, simply because he could use his military training for the first time in years. Yet he felt apprehension. Here we had a fighting force, he was sure. But they were all independent thinkers. For any cohesive, organized force, it took months of work by Staff Sargeants like himself to get them thinking as a unit. If they went into battle now, it would be like herding lothcats.

Alejac took a dep breath to center himself. He walked up in back of Polmath to indicate his support for their commander. He looked around at the crowd listening and discussing. There was Gildar, being snarky, as usual. There was more than a few people reacting negatively to this Sith Prince claiming one of their number as his son. Newbie or not, that should have been done in private. Others were expressing their own emotions about the Polmath's revelation. And, then, there were one or two that looked like they wanted to say something, but were held back.

Whatever happened, this would be an eventful coming weeks.

Tags: @greyjedi125, everyone else in attendance.

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne, Art'tan'kaameras, & Aicurn Ihi IC:
    ~Green Room, Temple of Bendu~

The revelations being given and the subsequent reactions around them all made Trysos frown and lapse into silence for the time being, a hand becoming tucked under his chin in thought. His eyes would take in the others as they spoke in return, but for the most part kept to himself this time. The Shado Varmiri with him remained complacent with the situation for now, following his lead. That was good, though there was one possible exception.

Art'tan.

"I vote leave..."

The nikto Varmiri grunted in what amounted to an agreement with Veira. So far, there was not much meriting their stay here he felt. But he knew how the Potentate was with establish relations with other groups. Especially with The Force coming into play. Now the situation being relayed to them sounded pretty exciting, he liked the prospect of a good fight coming their way.

But he wasn't sure he trusted anyone here aside from his other Varmiri. The Jensaarai? Maybe, but he didn't really know them either. And what did this apparent threat really mean in the big picture? That eluded him too, but he wasn't surprised. The big picture was never something Art'tan bothered with. Put an enemy in front of him.

He'd hack them down to pieces.

Simplistic? Yes. Effective? Oh yes.

That was where he shined.

"Potentate. May I ask them a question?"

Trysos, coming out of his thoughts for a moment, raised an eyebrow at the man. "You are always free to voice your thoughts. You need not ask."

Art'tan grinned ferally under his helmet. The Potentate was wise, but he knew that it probably wasn't wise to let him voice his thoughts always. He could be rather...prickly.

"Tell me. How do you expect us to work as a team? A lot of us don't mesh well it feels like and I'm not sure all of us are even interested to fight, though I'm up for a challenge. How much time do we have?"

And just like the onslaught of questions came to an abrupt stop. His tone sounded like there would be more, but there was none. Almost like a flurry of saber strikes that came to a sudden end upon realizing the receiver of the strikes was already dead. The Varmiri's eyes shone with intense interest in how this Polmath would respond.

Meanwhile, off to the side of the room, mostly quiet since the beginning was a certain purple twi'lek. This whole given scenario was a bit more than she could have bargained for. It was the first genuine threat she had ever heard of Polmath speak of since she had first arrived on Decameron Alpha a few years ago. She wasn't sure how she felt about it.

But there was worry, of that there was plenty.

"Should..." she started in a small voice before clearing her throat and timidly taking center stage briefly. Not something she often liked to do and using Basic...not her first language. She had come to know it well in her years there, but she was still not fully comfortable speaking it in front of strangers. But it felt prudent to do so now.

"Should we be asking for greater assistance from the outside galaxy, Master? Is this...rogue planet coming here?"

Just how big a threat were they facing? Her eyes briefly darted toward Stark as she spoke. She still didn't know him very well, being a most recent addition to the Greys.

What was it like to be cloned, she idly wondered?

Tag: Everyone Gathered

@spacelady @greyjedi125 @Narancia @Ktala @Jedi_Ascension @clone commander bossk @darthbernael @DarthIshyZ

And Should You Return To Us: @Kato Sai

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    GM Approved

IC: Alejac Ridicuff

Green Room

Alejac noticed Polmath wasn't really here. There are times that happens. He'd be meeting with The Caretaker and suddenly he'd go into a trance. Generally speaking it was important. Something coming to him through the Force. Some meditation that couldn't wait for convenience-sake.

The security chief walked up to him and looked in his eyes. Well, as much as he could. Polmath was taller than he was. That confirmed it. He spoke up to the guests. "Nothing to fear, folks. It happens from time to time. He's in a Force-induced trance. Likely when he comes back to us, he'll have some important insight into this squabble happening near our border or something else of major importance. If I could have your attention, please."

He walked back to the stage so he could get some altitude on the rest of them. "We need some intel. I need some volunteers. First of all, I'd like one of you who have a stealthy ship. Take a few people with you to privately find what you can. We don't need to be giving ourselves away right now. The key here is to go out there, investigate quietly and come back to let us know what you find.

"The rest of us will train. Anyone who wants to work with me on basic hand-to-hand combat, come to me. I'll invite the rest of you, if you have some particular skills, talk to Gildar. He'll arrange for small groups to train together. I'd like us to be tight, so we can defend each other, have each others backs."

OOC: Grey is having DRL issues. He'll be back presently. Communicate in here with Gildar what skills you can train or would like to learn.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Polmath the Caretaker
    The Gathering continues

Eyes that had been still fluttered awake as a speaking voice caught his attention, informing him of the moment. Alejac’s voice.

"Nothing to fear, folks. It happens from time to time. He's in a Force-induced trance. Likely when he comes back to us, he'll have some important insight into this squabble happening near our border or something else of major importance. If I could have your attention, please."

Polmath’s eyes remained hooded for the moment as he allowed himself a few centering breaths. Inwardly, he was pleased by Alejac’s presence of mind and initiative. The Security Chief had a way of continually reaffirming his pivotal role in the greater scheme of things, though he was likely unaware of it. Polmath simply smiled as he continued to regain his senses and center himself, post-trance.

"We need some intel. I need some volunteers. First of all, I'd like one of you who have a stealthy ship. Take a few people with you to privately find what you can. We don't need to be giving ourselves away right now. The key here is to go out there, investigate quietly and come back to let us know what you find.

The rest of us will train. Anyone who wants to work with me on basic hand-to-hand combat, come to me. I'll invite the rest of you, if you have some particular skills, talk to Gildar. He'll arrange for small groups to train together. I'd like us to be tight, so we can defend each other, have each others backs."

Polmath couldn’t help but wonder what this man would be if he had the Force. What path would he have chosen? What would be his ultimate destiny? Who could tell, for Alejac was ‘just’ a man, yet even without the ability to touch the force, he was a pivotal cog in the works of Decameron Alpha. The Force had a plan for him. What sweet irony!

“A good plan, Alejac.” Polmath declared as he finally came to. “One that I would like to see implemented in short order. At least that is my hope.”

The bearded grey force user bowed to the security chief respectfully. “Thank you for stepping in.” He intoned graciously.

Righting himself, Polmath’s eyes looked across to where the banquet was made ready and waiting, with a great number of servers and attendants on hand.

The meal banquet was originally meant to be a modest affair, but had grown quite large and extensive, offering a great variety of consumables that would represent all those in attendance. Some might even find the variety quite surprising, down to small details - given the fact that they were so recently arrived. Indeed, the meal banquet even boasted a station for animal companions.

Among the humanoid servers, there were also serving droids, for those who preferred them. For everyone’s comfort, a great number of tables were furnished with a dozen places or more, in order to accommodate all the attending guests. There was even a fairly charismatic female in jedi robes acting as maître d’ for the event.

Though considered a rare occurrence, Polmath had gone into a sudden and unexpected ‘trance’ while speaking, and though it had not lasted long at all, it had only seemed that way due to its suddenness.

Finally having regained his full presence in the moment, the bearded force user was able to ‘recall’ everything he had ‘missed’; for what was a moment in time? A part of his consciousness was still in the room after all.

The Elder Sage gazed about, his attention falling first on young Ori Yakeka and her companion.

"No offense to you Stark, but what makes you so special, that someone would clone you? Your abilities, your skills, you inate abilities, or the lack thereof?....They must be after something specific."

Polmath smiled softly at her, for her question was a good one, but it was also directed at Stark, who had turned to regard the Elder Sage for guidance. The bearded leader bid the Force Titan to hold his peace as he fielded an answer on his behalf.

“We will discuss those things in greater details at a later time Ori, but the original Stark is gifted with extraordinary and exponential force potential.”

Polmath paused briefly for a moment of reflection.

“The one who stands before you is not the Template.”

Stark offered a simple nod of gratitude to Polmath as well as a respectful one to Ori; within moments an attendant would beckon her to follow, for their meal time was at hand.

Polmath’s gaze then turned to Lucahz Sarbor.

"Do you have any ideas as to where such celestial bodies are originating from, let alone how they have jedi and Sith already battling on them? I find this very strange. There is a puzzle here beyond just the threat. One that may prove far more important than what we physically may need to deal with."

This one possessed great powers of deduction. Polmath smiled agreeably and nodded as well.

“Yes, we are agreed. There is a puzzle here, one which needs resolving urgently. Though we have not determined a place of origin, we have triangulated a quadrant in the Unknown Regions that may provide some answers.” Polmath informed.

“Our next step is to send a full investigation team. Perhaps you would be interested in accompanying them? Do take it into consideration.”

A nod is offered, followed shortly by an attendant leading Sarbor to the small banquet.

The interplay between Potentate Trysos’ entourage was both interesting and revealing. The Varmiri were forever and intriguing faction to adherents of the grey path.

"Tell me. How do you expect us to work as a team? A lot of us don't mesh well it feels like and I'm not sure all of us are even interested to fight, though I'm up for a challenge. How much time do we have?"

Still, a question was posed and once posed it needed an answer.

Polmath’s smile only widened. A good question.

“Fights should only be fought by those who are willing to fight, just as teamwork is best served by those willing to be a part of a Team. As Varmiri, I have no doubt these tenets are familiar to you.” Polmath declared with ease, as he punctuated his saying with a respectful nod to the Potentate.

“No one present will be asked to participate in something they would rather not. That is not our way.”

Another pause is given for reflection and introspection.

“If you seek a challenge, I assure you, we offer many that would suit you. As for how much time we have, that is yet to be determined. The sooner we do that the better.”

There was a hint of gravity on those last words, but such sentiment did not linger as there was another speaker. This time from Polmath’s own student: Aicurn.

"Should we be asking for greater assistance from the outside galaxy, Master? Is this...rogue planet coming here?"

A warm smile graced the Elder Sage’s countenance as he looked upon the young twi’lek. Aicurn was naturally shy and did not do much public speaking. It was good to see her actively working on ‘personal growth’.

“It is very likely that we may need outside assistance, but first we must determine the origin and true scope of the threat we’ll be facing. That’s our present course. Now, the planetoid where Lady Xaan encountered Stark was destroyed in that conflict, but thankfully, we were able to relocated the survivors that remained.”

Stark merely nodded at Aicurn once he felt her eyes upon him. By now, he was used to being ‘appraised’ by those who were curious. He now understood they meant no harm, that they were not a threat. They simply wished to learn more of his uniqueness, as doing so was no different from him learning about them. Everyone had a story.

By this point serving attendants began to lead guests into the banquet hall and helping them with their meal choices. It was time for less formal interaction, relaxation and regeneration.

Tag: @DarthIshyZ, @darthbernael, @Darth_Elu, @spacelady, @Ktala, @Narancia, @Jedi_Ascension, @clone commander bossk

OOC:
    My 2 months from HECK are finally over ( until holiday season ). So getting back to regular posting. Thank you for sticking with this and please accept my apologies. Here’s hoping to get back on a great adventure! :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC Note to participating players:

I was thinking of ending the scene here as a cliffhanger or continuing a bit further, perhaps up to the meal time scene or shortly thereafter.This could serve as a teaser for the actual game, but I would much rather hear from you before making a final decision. If you would like to continue a bit further with the scene, please chime-in as time permits.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Sor-Khan
    Banquet Hall

The Dark Prince took a seat at the long table prepared with a feast. The Sith had an appetite after his exertion at the Medical Tower. He did not follow an decorum, simply he took Arguez saudages and tore into them with his serated teeth, making chunks of the red meats dance upon his wet tongue. The words of his son played in his mind, ‘love’ a word that his mistress had once used. A word he detested because it had made his heart weak, that had like a parasite dug itself into his soul at her death. Sor-Khan tried to shake off the thought, his resolve greater than this fleeting feeling. He had come to obtain power, nothing less, nothing more.

IC: Nkri Tzenti

The Disciple had intially planned to follow his father to the banquet hall. But instead he made his way to the Room where the Gathering had taken place. There on the floor was his helm, shattered and worn. The Grey knelt and lifted the marred mask and looked into visor now a shattered mirror. His pale face distorted. Nkri peered at the reflection, he saw his father’s likeness. The Grey Jedi took the helm to a room and there a work desk with welding tools he began to fuse the broken pieces into a whole. The mask now was restored and looking into the vision Nkri lowered his downcast eyes, one drop, a tear fell and met the visor that was still warm from torch making sizzling sound and puff of steam.

A voice disturbed Nkri moment of solitude.

“So you are the son of a monster.. is that why you hide your face behind a mask?!”

Nkri turned to see Kerra there her face warm with rage, her cheeks flushed and pink.

“I am a monster too.. I have done things.. things I am not proud of.”

Kerra stepped into the room and gripped her saber hilt ready to ignite.

“This is all your fault! The Terentatak! Summoning your father! Even me! I came because of your Dank Farik message!”

Nkri felt himself thrown against the wall as she commanded the Force. Kerra felt her hold over hik, she could feel his windpipe and a deep longing to tighten it with The Force.

“No! I am a Jedi! I cannot..”

Kerra released Nkri who showed no resistance or attempt to do her harm.

“Your anger is not without cause.. I have caused so much distress.. for that I am profoundly sorry.”

Kerra turned once more, her teeth clinched and ready to hit Nlri with the pummel of her saber hilt.

“Dank you! You think because you say your sorry it makes everything ok?!”

Nkri shook his head.

“No.. my atoning will take the sum of my life.”

Kerra drew closer and beat her left fist on Nkri’s armored chest.

“Dank you! Dank you! I hate you! What you are, where you come from, what you have done! I hate you.. I..”

The Grey Jedi took Kerra in his arms and held her as she wept. He could see she was angry about something else, that he was a placeholder for her ire, and with this he was content, to be her sounding board of sorrow.

Kerra laid her blond hair and head on Nkri’s breast, tears steaming down her flushed cheeks. Then she heard a heart beat, which pounded softly beneath obsidian armored shell her head rested on. It was calming.

The stood there a while, until at the door a messenger bid them join the others in the Banquet Hall.

Kerra raised her head to look into Nkri’s eyes, in them was something she did not expect in a Sith, tenderness.

Nkri looked down into this young woman’s face, she was so full of emotion, and this did not bother him, rather he drank in her every feeling, which seemed to stir some of his own.

“May I escort you to the banquet? I have much to amend, let this be a token of my lifelong aim to atone.”

Kerra looking into his face felt something strange, a lightness in her own heart, and is urged her to say, “Yes.”

Nkri taking her hand in his with his right and taking hold of his helm with his left escorted Kerra to the Banquet Hall. There he seated her and took a chair of white wood by her side. Nkri placed the helm beside a dish of Arguez Sausage and Bantha meat in a wine reduction sauce. He looked into pool of red liquid, and paused before returning his gaze to Kerra, and then seeing hIs father at one of the ends of long table gorging himself, beauty and the beast.

TAG: @greyjedi125 and everyone else attending the banquet.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Closing 'THE GATHERING' Scene

At the end, after the midday meal was enjoyed by all the invited guest at the Temple of Bendu, questions would be answered, which would lead to more questions. Some would be satisfied by what they would hear, others not. In the end, it would come to pass, that not everyone would stay and join the effort, for such was the natural order of things. Many are called and few are chosen. For this one principle would forever remain true: The Force presided over all things, both great and small, and would meet the need for the upcoming challenges in some form or another, known and unknown.

Aicurn, Adexan, Alejac, Arren, Art'tan, Lector Ghamal, Galvan, Gildar, Dr. Hallaway, Kaldon, Karana, Kerra, Lucahz, Narancia, Nkri, Ori, Polmath, Stark, Lord Sor-Khan, Potentate Trysos, Uzuriel, Veira, Lady Xaan, Yuffie and Decameron Alpha itself; they ALL had a part to play within the grand tapestry. Some were keenly aware of their roles, while others were just coming to such realizations.

And so, what would seem as a conclusion, was not what it seemed at all, for it was preparation; a pre-emptive step against encroaching darkness the likes the Known Galaxy had never seen.

New friendships would be made, diplomatic ties would be drafted as well as other accords. But for those in attendance, those who did not remain, at the very least, they would know to become vigilant. To watch for signs. Signs which would alert them to the dangers they'd been warned about. To be the vanguard for those who without foreknowledge, would be ill-prepared for the epic struggle that was foretold.

To trust in the Force.

Always.

Thank you all, @darthbernael, @Darth_Elu, @DarthIshyZ, @Kato Sai, @Ktala, @clone commander bossk, @Narancia, @spacelady, @Jedi_Ascension, I find it prudent to end the scene at this point and not have it drag on indefinitely. Know that I greatly appreciate your contribution and look forward to more ventures with you all. I'm more than happy and willing to continue group or individual adventures here, as initiated by yourselves and the things that inspire you. This is by no means and end, just a closing of that specific scene and a much needed breather for everyone. Feel free to post questions in the EUC thread or PM me, whichever you prefer.

The Force is One!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Road to Revanite Enclave
    PART I

[The gathering had ended. Nkri gave Polmath a bow and left the feast, with Kerra following him. Sor-Khan stayed behind, his place in Spectrum still uncertain, though he took note of his son and the young lady, shaking his head.

Polmath has closed this Gathering for now. Sor-Khan will return, but now the focus shifted to Nkri and Kerra.]

The Grey Novice made his way on winding roads of the frost, which now had a hint of frost. Kerra was close behind, she seemed to follow the Disciple like his shadow.

Nkri paused, tunring to her, his black visor reflecting the brunette hair and beautiful face.

“You follow..”

Kerra nodded as she drew closer.

“Yes.”

The Grey Novice held hus hands by his sides, he felt strong impulses stirred by this Jedi.

“Why?”

Kerra drew closer to Nkri, her hazel eyes flickering like in a fire.

“We share a bond..”

Nkri placed his right grauntlet hand on his metal chin, and rubbed it.

“A bond?”

Kerra nodded.

“I felt it immediately when we met.”

The Disciple turned his head and took a step.

“Curious.. since I am severed from the Force.”

Kerra shook his head, her hair swaying like veils in the wind.

“This is not the work of the Force.”

To that The Grey Novice stopped in his tracks. His heart beating wildly, like drum beneath his armor.

“I see.. so your intent is to follow me.”

Kerra drew closer.

“Where you go, I go.”

Nkri felt his wrist shake, the firsy since he use to command the Force through it, but this was not the Force, it was something his father had warned was sinister, but in fact he believed was essential.

“Very well, we head for enclave in snowy mountains. The Order of Revan dwells there. Well.. what is left of it.”

Kerra’s face became rosey, the tenoatuee had dropped.

“As in Revan the Savior of the Galaxy and Jedi Prodigal?!”

Nkri nodded.

“Yes, and the legendary Dark Lord of the Sith. I must warn you Kerra, my path is not that of an ordinary Jedi, I am dedicated to the Grey Way, and so I shall be balancing my Sith nature with Jedi dogma. This is bound to challenge what you were taught.”

Kerra nodded.

“I will follow you. I fear nothing.. long as we are together.”

Nkri turned to look at Kerra. Her words stirred his soul, though apart of him feared them.

They began their ascent of the snowy mounts. The ground white as ivory, and the air chilled, creating icicles on Nkir’s masked mouth piece. Riding down from a hill was a figure on a Tauntan. He wore a mask, not to dissimilar to Nkri’s.

“Halt.. who approaches the Lord’s domain?”

Nkri bowed his head.

“I am Nkri Tzenti. Grey Novice and Disciple of the Whills. I have come to learn the Way of Revan.”

The Tauntan Man dismounted and reached for a saber hilt.

“If your words be true, answer this,
    Why did Revan offer power to all seekers?”

Nkri took a breath which formed a white cloud.

“Revan knew servants who were more powerful were more useful.”

The Figure stopped his hand on his hilt.

“You answer correctly, but who is she?”

Nkri turned to Kerra and then back to the Revanite.

“She is my friend, and wishes to learn The Way of Revan too.”

The Revanite stepped forward.

“Pardon my distrust, our numbers are not many since the Empire’s Purge. Though we agree with Order as imposed by Sith Empires, we hold to Revan’s teachings that embrace Light and Dark sides.”

The Revanite took a step back.

“I will lead you to our enclave, a cano really. There you will speak with our Chief, Ravenna.”

Nkri nodded, Kerra coming to his side. She was rather disturbed by the cultic behavior of the Revanite.

The Two followed the Revanite to a high hill below a snowy pinnacle. There tents of red and fires burned lighting the white wilderness.

Part II Coming Soon…

TAG:
    Mentioned @greyjedi125

18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Ravenna
    PART II

[​IMG]

The Revanite lead the Grey Novice and the Jedi into the heart of the encampment. There at a pyramidal tent of scarlet, the Revanite entered and then came back out to motion Nkri and Kerra inside.

The moment the two outsiders entered, they were met by a woman who ignited a ruby lightsaber and held it to Nkro’s neck.

“You come from far.. you bear the marks of the Sith, who nearly destroyed us. Answer quick, What is the greatest duty of one who follow The Way of Revan?”

The saber blade was poised to detach the Disciple’s head from his neck if he gave the wrong reply. Kerra sought to remove her own saber hilt in response, but Nkri seeing the gesture of offense placed his hand on her arm and shook his head.

“The answer, Lady Ravenna, is to ensure Revan is never forgotten and his teachings live on.”

The Dark Lady gave a slight smile as she removed the saber from The Grey Novice’s neck and extinguished it.

“You have spoken well Greyhame. You are familiar with our teachings. Tell me, why do you see The Way?”

Nkri bowed his head.

“Revan demonstrated a perfect balance of the Force, his lessons will help me draw closer to the balance.”

Ravenna persed her lips.

“Well said. You must forgive my caution. We are persecuted by the Empire, and I am afraid trust is in short supply.”

The Disciple nodded.

“I understand.”

Ravenna turned back to Nkri and Kerra after a moment of starring at an altar aflame with candles, and a Mando helmet.

“I must ask.. why you cannot be sensed in the Force? I can feel her, your companion, but not you. This heightened my concerns, for you are like shadow in the Force.”

The Grey Novice cracked his fingers.

“I have been severed from the Force.”

Ravenna raises his robbed forearm, her white nails fidgeting.

“How did such a tragedy befall you?”

Kerra unable to hold her tongue any longer said:

“A Terentaktak, it bit him as he tried to save others.”

Ravenna orange eyes turned to fixing on Kerra.

“A Terentaktak you say.. how strange. Such dark side demons are rare.”

Nkri nodded.

“It is dead, and so am I to the Force.”

Ravenna laughed.

“And yet you want to learn the Way?! How without the Force as your ally?”

The Grey Novice lowered his visor.

“Any way I can.. I still have a purpose, the Force still has a plan for me. I know it, though I do not feel it.”

Ravenna clenched her teeth.

“We shall see. You may take a tent at the center of our enclave. I will summon you for training in time.”

Nkri bowed his head low.

Ravenna looked at Kerra.

“As for the Jedi, she requires a guard. We have enemies among the Jedi, who see us as apostates.”

Nkri nodded in agreement. Kerra gave a rather concerned look that changed to contempt.

Nkri and Kerra were lead to their tent, which was furnished with two cots and chaors of ebony, and a small pit with a fire ablaze. A guard stood outside as agreed upon.

Kerra looked at Nkri, her face betraying her emotions.

“I’ll say it. I am not sure about this. Her eyes had the hallmarks of a Darksider.”

Nkri nodded.

Kerra felt herself explode wiyh the words coming forth from her soul.

“I think we should leave! You’ve suffered enough already. More darkness isn’t good for you so soon after Sor-Khan’s visit!”

The Grey Novice nodded. This made Kerra furious.

“Stop that! Speak to me!”

Nkri sat down in one of the chairs, Kerra took the other.

“I agree with all you say, your caution is warranted. This cult has grown fanatical. I owe it to Polmath to investigate. I doubt they are the threat he spoke of at The Gathering, but sometimes its the deranged wolf on its own that can cause far more trouble than a healthy pack.”

Kerra waa relieved at Nkri’s words. She seemed to calm down, her chest heaving less from heart beats of fire.

Nkri then placed his hand on her naked wrist.

“You are precious Kerra. You can sense in the Force, I cannot. That makes your involvement crucial.”

Kerra looked at Nkri with those crackling hazel eyes in the fire light. It felt good to be needed.

“Is that all I am? Your Seerer?”

Nkri titled his head.

“What do you mean?”

Kerra made a face of angst.

“Am I here just to help you? Or is there more?”

Nkri rose from his chair and turned away.

“You followed me. I was prepared to face these Revanites alone.”

Kerra stood, her slender figure drawing near to his caped back.

“I told you I would follow you anywhere, I just.. just.”

Kerra eyes filled with tears, and Nkri turned at the sobbing, wiling droplets from her cheeks with his black leather fingers.

“You have feelings for me?”

Kerra lowered her head into Nkri’s arms.

“I didn’t plan this.. I am a Jedi, we are sworn to never.. never.. love.”

Nkri held Kerra in his arms.

“You love me?”

Kerra nodded and looked up into Nkri’s black faceplate that reflected her gaze.

“I don’t know what happened.. I.. barely know you.”

Nkri let go of Kerra with one arm and removed his helm with the other. Her golden hair draping at his neck and his eyes aflame like coals, but not that of violence, but a tender warmth.

Kerra looking into Nkri’s eyes moved in for a kiss, her eyes closing. But she was met with s hand. Reopening her eyes she saw Nkri’s mask back on.

“I can’t let you throw away your commitment to the Jedi. I will not be the cause of that.”

Kerra blinked, was it a dream? Was what happened a vision? The surreality of it all made her dizzy.

TAG:
    Mentioned
    @greyjedi125

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Way of Revan
    PART III

[​IMG]

The Grey Novice rose in the mourn to the sound of crackling outside the tent. Exiting he found a retinue of Revanites donning acolyte masks and wielding scarlet sabers. Standing in front was Ravenna.

“Welcome, today we begin training. The Way of Revan is not for the weak. It is a path pf rage and restraint, rancor and resolve. You will be tested, many of you will fail.”

Kerrs peered tnrough the opening in the tent. She eyed Ravenna with hint of resentment. She then turned her attention to Nkro who now joined her side.

Ravenna persed her lips.

“First we begin conditioning, the great Hike of Horns. You shall race to the top of Lord’s Peak. Victory at any cost.”

Nkri nodded and joined the retinue of Revanites who began climbing the ivory hills. It was then as they dashed up the snowy path, that each Revanite ignited their sabers and began cutting at one another. Some rolled down the hill like logs, their armor smoking and covered in trails of orange that became black in a moment. Nkri ignited his yellow jasper blade and parried a blow and struck the neckline of Revanite who’s helm flew off to reveal a lad no older than sixteen. Tqo more Revanites raced towards the Disciple who was now at the head of the pack, he swung his yellow blade like a crescent, catching their attacks. The three of them came to the peak. The Grey Novice stood ready tp duel them when they heard a beeping noise. Suddenly there was an explosion, and the peak began to avalanche. Nkri leapt unto a tree and climbed, the two Revanites close behind. They cut at him, testing limbs that burned and fell into sea of fresh moving snow. Nkri was at the too of the tree, nowhere to go, nowhere to see, the two Revanites at his knees. With two hands gripping his saber hilt the Grey Novice leapt downward in corkscrew motion his blade boring through timber and hitting the two Revanites who were tossed into the snowy sea, and carried away. Nkri sank into the white shoals, the cold turning him into a corpse.

Kerra’s heart sank and she almost let out a shriek when she saw the avalanche. She worried for Nkri.

Climbing out of the soft flake tomb, The Disciple saw the feet of Ravenna, he black booted hills dug into the ice.

“You did well. What is even more remarkable is you did so without the Force. I proclaim you victor. Join me tonight for a supper.”

Nkri took a breath, the vapor becoming a white cloud from the vent in his mask. He rose to his feet and nodded in agreement. He returned to his tent where Kerra with wide worried eyes looked upon him. She was relieved he was alright.

TAG: No One In Particular

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Mask of Revan

[​IMG]

As the sun began to set Nkri stepped on to the snowy ground. He looked back inro tent, Kerra was fast asleep on her cot. The Grey Novice saw a light on the far side hill, and passing the guard who stood watch at their tent, he began his ascent.

The Disciple dug his boots into the white crysalline trail and found himself at a enterance to a cave. There were brazers burning at the entersnce, and candles lit and strwen against the rocky walls, some had human skulls protruding out of the bedrock.

Nkri made his way deeper in, until he came to cavern with opening in the cieling thay bathed all in white light. At the center was an altar, with many white candles, and something covered in red cloth. The Grey Novice made his way to it and laid hands on the cloth, removing it, to reveal a mask. The shape of it was like a capital T, and then oval around it. The Disciple looked at the visor which was freshly painted with res splotches. A voice interrupted his inspection.

Glorious isn’t it? The Helm of our Lord.”

Nkri turned to see Ravenna there.

We salvaged it when he was betrayed by the Jedi and Sith.”

The Grey Novice laid the helm back in its altar, and covered it with the scarlet scarf.

It is shame you cannot feel its potency, the presence of the Lord. I drink it daily, giving myself strength.”

Nkri nodded.

The final stage of a Revanite is to commune with our Lord in a ritual called The Convergence. Access to the Living Force is a prerequisite.

The Disciple shifted his weight to his right leg.

Do you wonder why I admitted you into our Sanctuary when you possess no Force ability? The answer is I want to know why Polmath sent an assassin. What he has planned, I want to know about this Gathering, and the Sith Prince who attended. You will give me all I ask, or she will die.”

Nkri reached for his saber hilt.

That would be unwise. If I fail to return to the Encampment or anything is amiss, I have given orders to have your tent lit on fire.

The Grey Novice removed his hand from his obsidian saber hilt.

I will tell you. For Polmath did not send me, and The Gathering was an open invitation to all Force Users, and you did not attend.”

Ravenna pulled her hood over her hair.

We did not trust such a summons, the Jedi and Sith have thinned our ranks until now we are but a small remnant. I will not risk the Faithful, especially when traps lie everywhere.”

Nkri nodded.

I understand.”

The Disciple was able to hide his true feelings, being severed from Force meant no one could read his thoughts or intentions. That he saw the danger of paranoid look in Ravenna’s face, and was able to disguise it would aid in his determination to help these fanatics.

Nkri told Ravenna everything about The Gathering, he ommited the revelation of his father being Sor-Khan, knowing the distrust Ravenna held for both Jedi and Sith.

Most interesting.. Polmath is quite vague even in his proclamations. Tell me, is this Sith Prince still planet side?”

Nkri nodded.

Good. We will strike back, and avenge our fallen brethren. The Empire will lose one of its precious sons!”

The Grey Novice concealed his alarm. It was obvious this Cult desired blood now. That the target was his father made it even more trying.

Yes.. I see my Lord.. to prove yourself worthy, worthy of being a Revanite, you will slay the Sith Prince! This will be your Convergence!”

The words of Ravenna were like poison, her eyes twitched as she made her prognostications.

To keep her tranquil, The Disciple said:

As the Lord wills, so shall it be.”

TAG:
    Mentioned @greyjedi125

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Ripples of Longing

[​IMG]

Nkri made his way back to the tent where he found Kerra sotting in a chair by the fire. She looked at the Grey Novice with those hazel eyes of concern, and said:

“Where have you been?”

The Disciple took another breath and sat in the other chair, his legs parted wide and arms draping over the arm rests.

“Your fears were founded.”

Kerra squinted her eyes.

“What do you mean?”

Nkri took another heavy breath, his chest heaving like the mountain in the wind. He then inched closer to Kerra, his mask close to her face. His voice dropped to a whisper.

“They are all stricken with a madness. She intends to kill my father and what next who knows.”

Kerra face became grave.

“We must stop them!”

The Disciple placed his gloved hand on her rosey cheek. The fingers carassing her skin.

“Yes, but we need my Father’s help. I have no connection to the Force. I cannot stop her.”

Kerra shook her head.

“No! I’ll do it. I am a Jedi, I will put in end to this insanity I saw the moment we got here!”

Nkri shook his helm.

“Your strong, but her power is.. elusive. Even if you were to defeat her, her followers all possess power, and worse they have a zeal that is far more dangerous than the Force. In the end numbers win.”

Kerra huffed, standing up.

“Will your father help us? Will he put an end to Ravenna and her cult?”

The Grey Novice stood up.

“I don’t know. It all depends on bus disposition in the moment. It is 50/50, fifty precent chance he helps us, fifty precent chance he helps her”

Kerra turned her mouth clinched and eyes aflame.

“That’s the best we’ve got? 50/50 chance of success?!”

The Grey Jedi placed his arms around Kerra trying to encourage her towards calm.

“Its better than certainty of failure.”

Kerrs stood there in Nkri’s arms, and she shook.

“I’d leave Jedi.. leave it all to be with you.”

The Disciple felt himself begin to quake.

“I can’t be.. the cause of.. that.”

Kerra looked up into his visor that reflected her face.

“It’s not your choice to make.”

She then removed his helm at the chin, and lifted her lips to his. Nkri met them, unable to hold back his feelings, the two locked in kissing, and tubning their arms around one another’s shoulders and back.

[​IMG]

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    **Combo Post between Polmath and Nkri Tzenti.**

His footsteps left no traces on the snow covered ground, for he was as the drifting snow. His form could not be seen, for he was as the winds of the mountain. Not a soul would sense him, as he was simply not there- yet, he was. It was a living paradox.

Polmath had come in search of the living, guided by the Force, for all living things were thus connected. Unseen and unheard, he neared a specific habitat. Gently, Polmath the Caretaker called out with his mind, to the one he intended to reach.

"Nkri, hear me, Nkri...."

Nkri and Kerra’s mouths were one when he heard an echo in his mind. The intrusion which had been the norm before his severance from the Force, now startled him. The Grey Novice pulled back from his embrace of Kerra.

“Is something wrong?”

Kerra inquired. The abruptness of his recoil made her worry he had regretted this moment of passion.

Nkri took up his mask and sealed his face away in shadow once more.

“No, I just need.. exuse me.”

The Disciple opened the flap of the tent and took steps on to the snowy ground. He heard it again as a bell, and followed the voice away from the camp. Some of Ravenna’s guards stalked him in the snowy shoals till he stood on a hill.

Nkri searched and then with his mind said.

“I am here..”

A gust of driven snow howled behind Nkri as he reached the designated spot. It was potent enough to hopefully discourage the camp guards from approaching too closely.

"It is I, Polmath..."

The Caretaker stepped forth inside the small bubble of tranquility, lowering his hood, his familiar voice still perceptible within Nkri's mind.

"Forgive the intrusion young one." The bearded sage intoned apologetically. "You alone can perceive me in this moment."

A nod is offered.

"Events are unfolding, converging..." He stated, his green eyes appraising the novice grey jedi.

"There is still time for you to be restored..." He added after a brief pause.

The Camp Guards lost track of Nkri who like a cape drawn over him was concealed by the whirling of snow.

Nkri leaned forward in a type of bow.

“Polmath! By The Force you have come. There is much I wish to discuss with you.”

The Grey Novice heard the word restore and it tingled something inside his soul.

“Restore.. what do you mean Caretaker?”

Polmath returned the respectful bow, a gentle smile upon his face.

"I will do more than explain..." The grey sage assured, his tone full of conviction.

"But first, tell me, what is it that you wish to discuss. We haven't had a proper discourse in some time."

With a common gesture, Polmath bid Nkri to remain calm and proceed. Weather conditions outside the bubble of tranquility would make certain the two remained undisturbed.

Nkri removed his biomask out of respect to the Caretaker.

“There is a Cult here, the Revanites.. they have allowed delusion to mature into action. They seek Sor-Khan’s life. They expect me to do the deed, as a rite of passage.”

The Grey Novice’s words became heavy with breaths that made his armor rattle.

“And there is.. something else.. she.”

Polmath listened, his expression evincing his focus on every word spoken by Nkri.

"so...." He said after a thoughtful pause. "What will you choose to do?" He asked.

"About either of them."

A choice. Nkri had one? All this time he felt he was being pulled along, towards some kind of destiny.

“I want her.. I cannot kill my father. Alas if I do not go along Ravenna and her Revanites will kill her. I need your guidance Caretaker.”

The Disciple felt deeply distressed. His mind went to Kerra, and all his fears for her safety.

"You mustn't allow your fears to control you or cloud your mind, Nkri. That path leads to folly. Emotions are intended to inform us, not control us." Polmath found himself saying, before allowing himself a small sigh at Nkri's predicament.

"Think...." he suggested. "What are your options?"

The Grey Novice listened to the the sage words of Polmath. He knew what folly he spoke of. It had consumed his father.

“My options..” Pondered aloud.

“I can either kill Ravenna and her followers, or I kill my father. Either way my saber will be wet with blood.”

Polmath shook his head lightly. "Don't be too quick to shed blood young one." He warned, but did not make that an issue at the moment.

"You're father is my guest, Nkri. Revanna would be most foolish to orchestrate such an action at our Temple, especially now that I have been made aware." Polmath shook his head again with a bit more vigor this time.

"You and Kerra have the benefit of my assistance and those who are allied to the cause. You are not alone in this my young friend."

A nod of assurance is offered.

Nkri breathed a sigh of relief. He had been so use to fighting on his own, clawing his way out of shadow, he had forgot what it was like to have someone in your corner.

“I fear if we don’t let Ravenna think she is getting her way.. she and her followers will become unstable. Its not only Kerra and my father I have concern for, its these Revanites, some are only adolescents.”

The Grey Novice hoped he was able to convey the gravity of his feelings for these Reeks at the mercy of their Shepherd.

"Playing her game is a very dangerous gamble, Nkri." Polmath warned, his gaze held the novice's for a moment.

"However, she has not acted yet and is not liable for any wrong doing, despite having a murderous plot on hand."

A sigh escaped the bearded sage, who closed his eyes but for several long breaths, before opening them once again. "I'm willing to listen to any plan you might have, otherwise I'm afraid a more direct approach may be necessary to deal with her cult, given what has been revealed."

Nkri took a deep breath, a thought entered him that was dark.

“Is saving my father’s life worth the loss of these deceived ones? He will continue to conquer, to seek dominion. While these disciples could be deprogrammed from their cultic ways.”

The Grey Novice then uttered words he did not think himself capable of saying.

“I am willing to kill him if it will save them.”

“Is that truly your heart's desire, or someone else's?" Polmath asked carefully. Whatever was decided here would have deep ramifications that Nkri would have to live with for as long as he drew breath.

The Disciple took another deep breath, his chest felt like a Bantha was sitting on it.

“Do you think I willed this Caretaker? That the Force has brought to fruition the fate I desire for my father? I don’t hate him.. or at least I didn’t think I did.”

"You could demand an honor duel with Revanna or challenge her, then if you or your chosen champion wins, her acolytes would be yours to command - or set free."

Polmath regarded Nkri very carefully, for the young force user was fast approaching a critical crossroad.

"That too is an option." He added with great certainty.

Nkri nodded.

“A duel to set her disciples free, or to end this Grey disciple. I prefer it to patricide. Can you make it happen Polmath?”

"I can do much more than that my young friend...."

Polmath smiled then, knowingly so.

"Two thousands steps to reach the sacrarium must the seeker make, led by verdant flame.

Two halves of the same in balance be made, the key to oneness will open the gate."

A brief pause and a nod.

"Do you understand?"

The Grey Novice rubbed his exposed chin, the skin having gone cold from the wintry chill.

“I must confess Caretaker, I have no idea what that all means. I do trust your ability to intervene in this matter and bring Balance.”

Polmath clapped once, a look of satisfaction crossing his face.

"Honesty with one self is the first step to real growth, Nkri. Never loose that quality."

The Elder Sage offer a nod before speaking again.

"There is a secret shrine about a mile from here, within a hidden cave, at roughly two thousands steps: You Nkri, are the Seeker. Kerra is the only one who could sense it in the Force, making her your only guide, as she is not obscured by darkness. You two must be in agreement, united in purpose, should you decide to find it, for that is the nearest place where I can perform a 'restoration ritual' on you this far from the Bendu Temple. Know that choosing to follow this path will lead you to a confrontation with Ravenna. She is the giant you must defeat if your are to free those she holds captive, both literally and figuratively."

Polmath gestures, silently requiring a response from Nkri.

Nkri nodded, his heart beats narrowing to normal cadence.

“I shall seek the shrine. I must speak with Kerra, since she as you have said alone can guide me there. Will you meet us there? The Force be willing.”

Polmath nodded and bowed to the young man before him.

"I shall be there Nkri...."

The Elder Sage form began to slowly fade, yet Nkri would still feel his presence.

"The Force is strong with you my friend, trust in the Force, always....."

The Grey Novice felt the howling wind calm that had hidden their discussion and the blanket if snow stopped. With a lightened heart he descended the slope towards the village.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Return

The Disciple made his way into the camp, all was quiet. He came to the tent he shared with Kerra and upon entereing found Ravenna standing by a fire. Kerra was nowhere to be seen.

“You return. Where have you been?”

Nkri took another step into the tent.

“I went for a walk.”

Ravenna gave a sly smile.

“And that’s not all. My guards went in search of you, and they could not find a trace.”

Nkri shifted his weight on his right leg and moved around the fire.

“Where is Kerra?”

Ravenna made motion with her head, the tent flap opened and Kerra was caste down, the fire illuminating her distressed face.

“We thought you deserted. And so I kept her as insurance, in case you sought to betray me and warn Sor-Khan.”

The Grey Novice reached to help Kerra up who resisted his embrace by digging her elbows into him. She was frustrated, Nkri had shown her so much passion and then left suddenly without an explanation, and then she had become a captive to the Revanite Madam.

Ravenna persed her lips.

“It is so hard, I cannot read your feelings because of your severance. What am I to do?”

Nkri eyed Ravenna with his visor, the flames reflecting in its single glass line.

“Trust me. You have to trust me.”

Ravenna raised her claw like nails to her lips.

“What guarantee can you give me?”

The Grey Novice placed his hand on Kerra’s shoulder.

“Her. I would never leave her. That is why you know I wouldn’t risk betrayal.”

Ravenna turned, her ember orange eyes dancing.

“Ah yes.. I can see, its painted on her face and I feel it in the Force, she loves you. Yes that will be my guarantee of your fealty.”

Ravenna took a step to the door.

“Very well, next time you take a walk, inform the guards, and tell her. My inquires afforded nothing from her.”

Ravenna exited.

Kerra rose and began to scream. Pounding Nkri’s metallic chest.

“You left me! I was at her mercy! I hate you for that!”

The Disciple let her ire beat on brass of his torso armor. He then took hold of her arms and pulled her into an embrace.

“I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt you. I had contact from Polmath.”

Kerra looked at his visor and with a hand removed it, the familiar sound of the seal breaking.

“What? How?!”

Nkri looked at Kerra with a warmth in his eyes.

“Through the Force. He was able to call me and that’s why I left suddenly.”

Kerra laid her head on his chest, her chestnut hair sparkling in the fire light.

“How is that possible? You are severed..”

The Disciple placed his arm around her back to tighten the embrace.

“He told me there is a way to restore me. A ritual and a nearby shrine. But I need your help, I need a guide.”

Kerra looked up into his eyes.

“I will do anything if it means you are whole.”

Nkri and Kerra then pressed their lips together, exchanging breaths.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri and Kerra
    The Shrine

The Jedi and the Grey Novice made there way into the ice covered world. The snow fell on them in flakes, as Kerra with the Force as her ally lead them a mile up and in. Nkri followed her every step, his boot covering her tracks like Tuskan custom.

They came to the mouth of a cave, covered in white icicles on the cieling. Nkri and Kerra entered in, seeking the shrine Polmath had described. Deep within was bright and warm citron light. They followed it and came to crystal cavern, kyber protruding out of walls in great spiked columns, the source of yellow light.

“This must be it.” said Kerra.
    “Now what?”

The Grey Novice looked around.

“He will be here, or is already.
    We need only wait.”

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Purity

[​IMG]

The Grey Novice looked in the cave of Illum. The crystals all shimmering with citrion color. Then he noticed a shard that was white a snow, he pulsed. Nkri approached the the piece of lone white crystal, he took it into his hands. He felt nothing, his severance still in effect, and yet his heart seem drawn to this crystal. He took it and laid his lightsaber hilt on rock altar. He took the emitter and other pieces of the hikt apart to reveal a yellow crystal, that he now laid beside the crown of citrion crystals. The Disciple would need the command of the Force to bond the crystal into a blade.

Kerra watched not interrupting. She simply looked at the man she loved, hoping their plans to stop Ravenna would prevail. The unease in her soul made her sweat.

DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.