main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED ESAF ESPAC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum

The Newly Christened Dark Lord stood on the bridge of his ship, looking out the view screen that was alight with the planet swirling with colors. One side of it was aflame. The screen zoomed on a volcanic tower.

Tanya approached.

“Master. What are you looking at!”

Tormentum took a deep breath.

“I sensed something. i had every intent of returning to Moraband. There is something there.. It calls.”

Ulic robbed his eyes and saw Tanya was standing beside the Master. He felt perturbed, that the Twi’lek had gotten an edge and was talking with The Master. He tried to interject but Lord Tormentum turned and left the room, Tanya and Ulic in tow.

The Interceptor ship detached from the Sith Falgship, and descended back to planet.

The Dark Lord turned to Tanya and Ulic who were strapped into jump-seats.

“Whoever finds what I seek will have proved themselves. This will be your trial.”

Tanya nodded, her tendrils. She felt her heart flutter at the thought of being proven.

Ulic made a maniacal smerk, and he looked at the Twi’lek, plotting in his dark heart to destroy her.

IC: Nkri Tzenti

Nkri and Ian began hiking a mountain, the woods becoming less dense, until on the horizon they saw the mountain of flame.
    Ian pointed.
    “That place contains life and death. The Force is strong there, and deadly.”

Tormentum Ship flew overhead.

Ian looked at it, he sensed it, ao did Nkri.
    Nkri felt his brother’s dark presence. But why? Why had he returned and so soon?
    Ian turned to Nkri, “Its him isn’t it?!” Nkri nodded.
    Ian slid a pack on his back.
    “What are we waiting for! Lets go after him and avenge the ones we love!”
    Nkri did no dissuade his Master, he knew that his desire for revenge was not the Jedi Way, but grief made the most sagely lose their serenity. So he followed, knocking on the Force in his mind, sending a message to the one who sees all.

2. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum, Tanya, and Ulic

The ship sat sown on black volcanic slab, where falls of molten lava fell like a waterfall. Darth Tormentum exited the ramo which was covered in steam, his titan frame a shadow. Tanya and Ulic followed, the path a great bridge of sharp rock that lead deeper into mountain of fire. Tormentum sensed the tension, life and death were here. He then turned to his apprentices.
    “The time has come for your trial. You both will go ahead and navigate the perilous path. Whoever survives will be my successor.”
    Deep in his heart Tormentum chuckled, he was using them like slaves, promising them something he’d never give them without his own death. That was the way of the Sith, manipulate the pawns until one becomes a king, having clawed its way across the board.
    Tanya and Ulic both bowed. They were unaware of what danger laid ahead. Tanya smiled and ran ahead, her tendrils flying back in the wind. She was full of such hope, certain at last she had found her place in the galaxy. Ulic had altogether different feelings. He wanted to kill Tanya, and ensure his elevation, so he began looking for ways to give him an advantage.

3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti and Ian
    Tormentum, Tanya, and Ulic
    Tears and Torment

The two climbed the mountain range till they came to hard volcanic rock. They walked over the black path before them, occasionally the ground gave way, and a eye of Magma peered at them. One such cave in nearly took Ian, but Nkri reached put in the Force and caught him. They came to the base of mountain of fire, and saw the great bridge of rock.

Up on the bridge, Tormentum peered down. He had sensed his kin, The Force heralded his arrival.

Nkri looked up to his brother, his naked eyes to his dark visor. Ian was heading into the the lower opening, when he stopped, and turned.

“Nkri, come on!”

The Grey Novice looked to his Altisian Master and shook his head. He began free climbing the wall of the great bridge with The Force, there were cracks and holes for his fingers. Ian came running and shouted.
    “What are you doing?!”
    Then Ian saw the Shadow of Tormentum.
    “No! Wait! He’a mine!” Ian began following his apprentice’s movements as they slowly ascended the great slab. Tormentum did not make it easy, he pointed his hand and unleash bolts of lightning upon them, the gnarled viens glowed purple against the black rock and weaved around the two Jedi, one making comtact at the leg of Ian who lost his footing. Nkri reached out his hand to catch his Master by the hoood.
    Ian shouted.
    The Grey Jedi felt great drops of sweat pour from his face, the tempature rising. Tormentum looked at the falls of lava behind, and he began levitating balls of it that he hurled them at Nkri and Ian. Most of them passed them like great tears of flame. Then Tormentum looked down at Nkri who looked up at him, the Dark Brother hurled a ball of molten lava at him with great force. Nkri had no means to evade in time, him holding on to Ian’s hood with one hand, and the other dug into crack that held them up. The lava landed on Nkri’s eyes, and left cheek.
    He cried out loud as his vision went dark. Tormentum laughed, which sounded like thunder.
    “Now you see brother, the cost of your foolish middle path has cost you your sight!”

Nkri hung and almost lost his grip. Ian grabbed a hole with his foot and now helped his apprentice. They reached the top of the wall thanks to leaning on one another. They fell over the edge and were at the entrance to the mountain of fire. Tormentum stood with his red blade lit, behind him his ship. Ian helped Nkri lie down and checked his eyes. One was black, the other milky white.
    “Nkri? Nkri! Can you hear me?”
    The Grey Jedi nodded. “Yes Master..”
    Ian looked up and saw Tormentum, a great rage filled him. He laid Nkri against a railing of solid volcanic rock that rose from feet to knee cap, and stood, removing his lightsaber hilt.
    Nkri cried out, “Master? Master!”
    ian replied. “I must avenge my family!”
    Nkri stumbled, and shouted, “No! Don’t!”
    Ian rushed the Dark Lord, igniting his ivory blade, it was met by a great stroke of Tormentum, which knocked Ian off balance and then he felt his head grabbed by the black gloved hand, it then applied pressure in The Force, snapping his nose. Ian fell back. Tormentum leapt and stabbed down with both hands. Ian rolled barely in time, and swung his blade, which cut the top piece of the Sith Lord’s mask off. Tormentum grabbed the mask and tore it off to reveal a square forehead and chin, and eyes that burned like the lava flows.
    “You fight well Jedi, but now I shall not hold back. You have breathed your last.”
    Tormentum rushed with a Sarlaac sweep, and Ian parried, but the common stroke was a ruse, Tormentum drew a knife and stabbed Ian in belly. Ian looked down, life draining from his face.
    “Go swiftly into the sweet night, follower of the Light.”
    Ian fell and began to cough blood from his mouth. Tormentum angled the edge of his saber at Ian’s neck. As he made a jerk to severe the Master Jedi’s head, a peridot green blade stopped it. Tormentum looked up and saw Nkri.
    “Haven’t you had enough dear brother? Why do you care about this Jedi? You are far more powerful then him!.”
    Nkri pushed Tormentum’s blade away. “I care about more than power.”
    Tormentum scoffed.
    “Your are blind and pitiful. Why father favored you I will never understand!”
    Nkri swung his blade wildy, and lost track of Tormentum, who laughed and took the tip of his saber, and singed the back of his tunic.
    Nkri stumbled about, Tormentum took his pommel and smote the back of Nkri’s head, making him fall forward, on his face.
    “Look at what your search for Balance has brought you.. you can’t even keep your balance!”
    Nkri stumbled, but with purpose. He counted on the overconfidence of his brother. Nkri swung wildy, and Tormentum caught him with his free hand.
    “Pathetic!”
    Nkri then headbutted Tormentum, and drove his knee into his underbelly, and using the momentum pushed him over the edge of rock railing. Tormentum fell and landed on a small isle of sharp rock, his back snapping.
    “Aghhhhhhhh!”
    As this happened Ulic emerged from the mountain, in hand was a holocron in shape of a magma cube. Ulic saw his Master lying far below, lava rose.
    “Master!”
    Ulic ignited his saber and charged Nkri. Nkri felt his rage and parried the cuts, the boy undisciplined. Tanya wmerged from entrance, one of her tendrils missing, and her left eye bruised. She looked down at her master and then saw Nkri fighting Ulic, she ran past them and fired uo the engines of Infiltrator class ship, hovering over the bridge and then descended, the ramp extended.
    Ulic kept striking, some cuts got through and burned into Nkri’s left arm, the boy leaping on top of him. Nkri held the boy’s arms back, when Ian appeared behind the boy and grabbed him from behind and tossed him aside.
    Tanya helped drag Tormentum inside the ship and ser coordinates for the Sith Flagship. Inside Tormentum had lost consciousness.
    Ulic stood up and cried out. “Wait!!!”
    Nkri leaned on Ian.
    The boy crying.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum and Tanya

The Sith Infiltrator class ship flew into the hangar. The ramp fell and troopers came running with a stretcher. Tanya followed as Tormentum was placed on floating stretcher and taken to the med bay. There three Becta tanks sat, one occupied.
    Tormentum was placed into the tube and it was flooded with fluid. The Med Droid did diagnostics as Tanya looked at her wounded Master. He looked so normal without his mask, even handsome. She turned her eye to a woman with brown locks in the other tank.

IC: Nkri Tzenti, Ian, and Ulic

The boy let out a cry as he knew he now was abandoned.he turned and channeled his rage, ready to charge Ian who was tending to Nkri who has collapsed on the bridge, his body overcome by his wounds.
    Ian saw Ulic charging and with point of his hand he threw the child into air, him landing with a crash, and almost sliding off the landing pad.
    Ian had left the blade in his belly, and now pulled it put with a wince. He then took his saber and ignited it, using the tip he burned the wound to seal it. Ian took Nkri by the shoulder and leaned against the floor railing of stone, and kept his eyes on the petulant pawn of the Sith who kept rushing over and over, Ian tossing him with Force push.

Suddenly the mountain of fire erupted and a great fount of fire soared into air. Ulic held on ro magma holocron, and suddenly lava flows began to cross the bridge. Ian turned at the heat and saw the liquid death.
    “By the Force!”
    Ian began to drag Nkri towards the landing pad, Ulic leaping at him in another sortie.
    “Hey kid! Stop it! We are all in danger here!”
    Ulic saw lava coming.
    “Oh no! What am I gonna do!”
    Ian kicked the kid off the bridge, and he smashed against smaller rock formations all the way down. Ian lifted Nkri.
    “Alright my apprentice.. this is gonna hurt!”
    Ian grabbed Nkri and leapt, the two following Ulic down the long tumble. At the bottom Ian felt the agony, his bones crackling and his muscles heavy. Ulic laid on ground grasping his arm.
    “Oh my arm! It hurts! It hurts!”
    Ian tried to stand and fell, then tried again and grabbed the bot arm and jerked it, break the bone back into socket. Ulic cried out.
    “Alright.. you’ll be alright.”
    The lava began to fall from above, and spread.
    Ian shouted. “Keep moving kid!” Ian dragged Nkri and then took him on his back, and began to slowly walk as Ulic ran ahead and disappeared into the forest.
    Ian successful got up a hill covered in gnarled onyx trees. The lava was unable to follow, giving them a respite.
    Ian tried to revive Nkri using his limited knowledge of healing, but to no avail. Standing nearby was Ulic who if he wanted could attack, but he rubbed his arm that Ian had set. He stepped out from shadows.
    Ian leaned against a trunk and eyed the kid.
    “You alright kid?”
    Ulic eyed his arm.
    Ian replied, “It’ll heal fast, especially at your age.”
    Ulic sat next to the Jedi.
    “Why? Why did you save me?”
    Ian looked at the kid.
    “Because you are just a kid.”
    Ulic made a angry face.
    “I am a Sith!”
    Ian nodded. “Yeah, and a kid. I am a Altisian Jedi, I believe in saving people, not killing them.”
    Ulic gave a look of confusion.
    “You tried to kill my Master.”
    Ian paused, the kid had him there.
    “Yeah.. and it cost my Padawan’s sight and possibly my life.”
    Ulic looked at Ian oddly. He could not sense the fever in Ian, a sign the poison on Sith knife was at work in his blood.
    Ian began to cough, and he placed his palm on his mouth, blood spotting the naked flesh.
    “Listen kid.. promise me you will look after him.”
    Ulic made a face of great ire.
    “He hurt my Master! I hate him!”
    Ian nodded. “But he is your Master’s brother.”
    Ulic blinked.
    Ian said, “He could have killed your Master, but even though blind, sensed the rock that saved your Master from certain death.”
    Ulic sighed. “Alright. I’ll help.”
    Ian closed his eyes to rest. He was so tired, but he knew if he drifted asleep, he’d never wake.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri, Ian, and Ulic
    Survivors

Nkri woke up, his body seething with pain. His limbs burned from scrapes. Worse waa his eyes which felt like molten holes. The Grey Novice stumbled about, searching with his hand. Ulic stirred and went to Nkri’s aid.
    “Hey.. you alright?”
    Nkri shook his head.
    “The pain.. is.. great.”
    Ulic fetched some water he had procured from a streak and guided Nkri’s hand to it. The Grey Novice took some sips.
    “Where is..”
    Ulic replied bluntly.
    “He’s dead.”
    Nkri dropped the makeshift cup.
    “Where is he laid?”
    Ulic took Nkri’s hand to Ian who was leaning against a tree.
    Nkri placed his fingers on his Master and felt his thraot and opened his mouth, he could smell something rotten.
    “Poison.. quick look for Nysillin plant. Its petals are like orange eggs with spots.”
    Ulic ran off and began his search. He came upon thorns, and other flowers, till at last he found some of egg shaped plants. He tore it from its earthen roots and made his eay back to Nkri and Ian.
    The Grey novice took it and tore the bud open and sprinkled dust into Ian’s mouth.
    “Make a fire, I’ll brew the rest.”
    Ulic did as Nkri commanded. He was surprised with what ease he followed the Jedi’s commands, perhaps it was yhe concern for one another, that Ian and Nkri shared that moved the boy’s heart.
    When the broth of Nysillin was ready, Nkri poured it in his Master’s mouth in intervals.
    Now they waited.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Flagship in Orbit

The Eyes of Tormentum opens in the tube of water, bubbles dancing around them, some overlaying his ember colored eyes, making them briefly larger. The Sith Lord took his hand and tore at the tubes that protruded out of his chest and black like leather rib cages.
    A med droid came trying to stabilize the systems, but Tormentum broke out of the glass and crashed on the floor. Water rushed past consoles and caused sparks, Tormentum rose ro one knee and tore the respirator from his mouth. The agony of his spine now felt. There was great obsidian rods protruding like an exoskeleton and forming to the tubes on his chest. He felt the mechanical rivets as he rose, and vague memories of the apparatus being installed into his flesh and bone returned.
    Tanya came into the room, her face painted with worry.
    “Master..”
    Suddenly her windpipe closed and she levitated into air close to Tormentum’s face.
    “Where is he?!”
    Tormentum’s mind was fixed only on one person, Nkri.
    Tanya nearly suffocated and was released, her collapsing at his feet.
    Tormentum turned to see the brunette lady in stasis. He smacked his hand against the glass causing cracks.
    “Alright.. little brother. No more games. I am going to cause you undue pain and suffering. When its over you’ll beg me for death!”
    He then looked at Tanya still prostrate.
    “Wake her up, wake up my new apprentice.”
    Tanya looked up aghast.
    “But.. I..I’m.. your..”
    Tormentum commanded the Force to slam her against the wall.
    “You are nothing better than a servant. You don’t have what it takes. You should have killed Ulic, but you hadn’t the will. No! I will make the Jedi my apprentice.”
    Tormentum then walked and felt a little woozy, a Med Droid approached with a mask and respirator. Tormentum put it on and the oxygen pack draped across his naked chest like an amulet.
    “Wake her up or die Twi’lek!”
    Tanya fell down and made for the controls, she gave the command to drain the fluid. Kerra’s eyes opened. Tormentum walked up to the glass.
    “Hello pretty thing, we are going to do great things things together.”

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum and Kerra

Kerra awoke with a jokt. Her bacta tank drained and she coughed up fluid despite the respirator. The glass retracted and she fell on he naked knees and lega, her body in white tunic and undergarment. She shivered, the room was very cold. Standing there in shadow was a shade. At first she thought it was a statue or figment of her imagining, when she heard the echoing of pressured breathing and lights on the chest plate glowed red. The Shadow steps of his element into the flood light, his golden b-shaped visor peering at her.

“How do you feel?”
    The voice was like one in a tunnel, it shook as if in a urn.

Kerra coughed more fluid.

“Where.. where am I.”

Tormentum crossed his black gauntlet arms.

“Safe.”

Kerra Shivered.

“Where is.. where..”

Tormentum finished her question.

“My brother? He is dead.”

Kerra felt the word tear into her heart like an arrowhead. Then she tried to cope in the most common way, denial.

“That’s not true.. that can’t be!”

Tormentum chuckled.

“The Force does not suspend death.. save for those who command its dark side.”

Kerra looked up at Tormentum with hatred in her eyes.

“Did you kill him?!”

Tormentum took his black leather glove and held her chin to his mouthpiece.

“No. He did that himself.”

Kerra shook her head.

“I don’t believe you.”

Tormentum let go of her chin rose to his titan height once more.

“Do you know what he was doing when I last saw him? He wasn’t mourning you or rmy father, he had taken a new pater, and was training to be a Jedi.”

Kerra shielded her heart, she choose to believe Tormentum was lying.

“My brother only cares about himself. Even his love for you stems from his own selfishness. If he really loved you, he’d have never undertaken the perils that separated you, and put you in my care.”

Kerra shook her head as she shivered more, only it wasn’t a natural cold, it was something else.

Tormentum crossed his arms once more.

“I have chosen you to be my apprentice.”

Kerra hissed.

Tormentum turned and raised his hand to levitate Kerra into the air with his command of the Force.

“You have spirit. You have anger. You have hate. I will show you how to use them.”

Kerra retorted, “I will never join you! I am a Jedi!”

Tormentum placed his other hand over Kerra’s hand and she felt him fingering in her brain with the Force.

“You pledge yourself to my father to serve your interests, for your survival. I suggest you do as you once did, or die..”

Tormentum peered into her frightened eyes.

“There it is! You fear death! Good. The fear of death makes one stronger.”

Tormentum released his grip of her. He was content that her turn was now only a matter of time.

Kerra nursed her heart and wounds. She didn’t fear death for the reasons the Dark Lord suspected. She clung to hope that Nkri was alive, and that Tormentum had lied.

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Dai Bendu

The medicine had done its work. Ian began to breath, though strained. Nkri checked his heart, the beat was faint at first, then it rose. The Grey Novice leaned against another tree, Ulic came and sat beside him.
    “Is he gonna be ok?”
    Nkri nodded.
    “By the grace of the Force, yes he will.”
    Ulic took a deep breath.
    “I’m glad.. glad he’ll be ok.”
    Nkri turned his head.
    “Its good you care. My father taught us, my brother and I not to.”
    Ulic frowned.
    “Is that why he left me?”
    Nkri shook his head.
    “No, no. He I imagine was too hurt and unable to pick you up.”
    Ulic shrugged his shoulder.
    “I know he’s not.. nice, but he is my master.”
    Nkri nodded.
    “Your wrong. He is bery nice. Deep down. He helped me find my way, took my place so that I may come here and learn Dai Bendu. It was a great sacrifice.”
    Ulic then looked at Nkri.
    “Why did you fight him?”
    Nkri saw the child shiver a little. Despite his sight being impaired from the burns, The Force seemed to be helping his vision.
    Nkri stood up and took off his outer robe and wrapped it around Ulic, taking a seat beside him.
    “Being brothers is never easy. He took my place, which was a throne of shadow. Now he serves that shadow. I being a Jedi am seen as a bright light, which makes the shadow recoil or strike.”
    Ulic blinked.
    “You don’t look like a Jedi.”
    Nkri nodded.
    “That is because I’m not, at least not in the traditional sense. I am Dai Bendu, which means “mystical center”, I live between the light and darkness, seeking to bring them into balance.”
    Ulic wrinkled his nose.
    “Dai Bendu? Isn’t he a Jedi?”
    Nkri nodded.
    “Indeed. I an learning from him. As I did from Revanites in the snowy pass, and my Father, a Sith Lord. We Benduists embrace the whole spectrum of the Force, and learn from everyone.”
    Ulic nodded.
    “I understand.. so nice and strong?”
    Nkri smiled.
    “That’s a good way of putting it. Now get some rest, we both need to heal from that fall.”
    Ulic drifted off, for first time not restless in his sleep. Nkri looked at the child and saw perhaps saw himself in the lad.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Bridge

The Dark Lord stood on the bridge, his arms crossed, and his visor fixed on the view screen.
    Tanya approached.
    “They are near the temple of fire.”
    Tormentum breathed heavily in his mask, like puffs that echoed.
    Tanya motioned tp touch Tormentum’s arm.
    “Don’t touch me..”
    Tanya stepped back.
    “Shall I send HK-8s to eliminate them, Master.”
    Tormentum turned.
    “You do not understand Twi’lek. Your head is as soft as your tails. I do not wanf my brother killed, I want him to feel undue agony.”
    The door to the bridge slid open, and Kerra emerged in black robes. Her eyes aflame like amber.
    Tormentum turned to her as she stood beside him.
    Tormentum turned to Tanya and said “leave us!”
    Tanya begrudgingly left the bridge. She tired of her Master’s affection for the brunette.
    Tormentum stood there looking at the view screen which now was fixed on Temple of Bogan.
    “The time has come for your first lesson. If our empire is to thrive, we must have a foothold on all worlds, especially those that pose a threat. I have selected a shrine to be the foundation of a fortress. We shall survey it together, and build a new world.”
    Kerra bowed her head.
    “Yes, my Master.”
    She knew how to play the part well, and hoped Tormentum would believe her act of sincerity. That he was not aware she would use the mission to look for Nkri.

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

As the shuttle engines primed, Tormentum was in a lab with Doctor Arca who handed him an orb of obsidian with a red eye upon it.
    “The amulet was placed at her brain stem?”
    The doctor nodded.
    “Yes, already she turning.”
    Tormentum placed the orb in his belt compartment.
    “Will it kill her?”
    The Doctor took off two white gloves.
    “If she resists it shall hurt her, if there is a major episode of an emotional level, her brain activity will still and she will be put in a coma. The device you requested I planted within huer lower rib cage. Press the orb’s eye and she will perish in flame.”
    Tormentum’s breaths echoed.
    “Good. Well done doctor.”
    The Dark Lord left the lab and made his way to his shuttle. There he joined Kerra who was piloting the Sith Infiltrator class ship. The long monolithic nose of the ship came out of hangar and penetrated the atmosphere. The ship soared through the morning blue sky and headed for the Temple of Bogan.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti, Darth Tormentum, and Kerra
    No More Torment

The Grey Novice awoke with a jolt and heard the loud sound of a ship fly overhead, its shadow familiar. Ulic awoke to see Nkri walking deeper into the forest. Ian was breathing with ease, but still asleep. Ulic wanted to prusue, he followed till Nkri disappeared into shadow.

The Temple of Bogan was teeming with the dark side. Kerra felt light headed, and grabbed monolith of black rock to steady herself. The Dark Lord himself went to the exterior shrine which had a broken holocron upon it, he used The Force to reassemble it and it glowed red as it slide down and the table began to descend into darkness. Tormentum went down, leaving his apprentice on the surface, for she was feverish.

Nkri was surprised how he made his way across such a distance. He knew he had felt it, he had felt what he believed was impossible, Kerra. When he arrived at the crest of hill, he looked down on the temple, and he saw her through his milky eye and The Force. He made haste to her. Kerra was consumed by the pain she felt. Then she sensed someone, she tuened, her eyes tearing up from the pain, and the sight of Nkri. She ran to him and Nkri dod the same and held each other, all around them fading away. Then they kissed, their mouths one and their heads titled. After this passionate exhange Kerra looked at Nkri, his eyes greatly altered.
    “Oh my love.. your eyes.”
    Nkri held Kerra close.
    “Do they disturb you?”
    Kerra shook her head.
    “No. They are beautiful! Because they are part of you.”
    This touching moment was cut short when Tormentum re-emerged from the tomb.
    “Well.. so you’ve found each other. Good. Now your torment begins brother!”
    Nkri ignited his green blade. Kerra looked at it.
    “My saber! You kept it!”
    Nkri nodded.
    “I wanted my every draw to remind me of you, the one who drew me to a love.. a love I can’t even describe.”
    Tormentum in a very snigh tone said, “touching..” As he said this he extended his hand at Kerra and she suddenly jerked, and her hands reached for her saber, igniting it.
    She screamed.
    “Nkri! Help me! I can’t..”
    She landed a blow that Nkri parried.
    He then saw Tormentum and tried to assail him, when his brother removed the orb.
    “Stop! If you touch me, she dies!”
    Nkri halted.
    “Inside her is a bomb, and this trigger will turn your beloved into a flaming corpse! You must fight her or she will die!”
    Kerra attacked again, he blade sweeping over Nkri’s hood, burning it.
    “Nkri help me!”
    Nkri pointed his hand at his brother’s hand, and sent a shockwave that tossed the trigger. Tormentum caught it with the Force.
    “Now.. now, just for that I will hurt her.”
    Tormentum made Kerra take her blade and strike her own wrist.
    She cried out.
    Nkri shouted.
    “Stop it! Stop this now!”
    Tormentum laughed.
    “Never! My agony you caused for a moment, and now I am imprisoned in this suite of admor! I shall make you suffer far more, until you beg for death!”
    Nkri’s eyes began to burn like embers of fire. And suddenly black loose stones from all over the shrine levitated all around in the air.
    Tormentum, “A nice trick, but amateur work. Lifting stones is..”
    Suddenly Tormentum was thrown on his face, his helm smashed against a rock that dug into his head, making him drop the orb.
    “Agh!”
    Nkri raised Tormentum up with his hand and used Force Lightning that Shocked his respirator system, making him cough, and weeze. Then Tormentum was thrown against a monolith and held there by the Force.
    Kerra passed out, the amulet and her resistance to it blacking her out.
    Tormentum tried to regain control, but before he could try and reach with his hand, it was lopped off, and then his other was similarly cut asunder by a green blade.
    Nkri levitated Kerra’s saber, really his from before, and held the blades at Tormentum’s neck. The helm of the Dark Lord was pried off by the Force, his forehead bleeding and his eyes shaking, his mouth covered in the respirator.
    Nkri looked with the fire in his eyes.
    “I have had enough! You, Father, and the demons of darkness that came from me trying to kill my love! I won’t let you.. I am going to end this!”
    Tormentum chuckled.
    “At last.. your hate has made you powerful. Strike me down brother, and take my place. Father was right, he was right about me. I never had the potential, I am a placeholder, a second prince doomed to follow in your shadow. I would rather be nothing.. strike true.”
    Nkri paused, Tormentum counting on his Jedi training to make him hestiate. His boot revealing a blade at the tip of his toe. Then suddenly his chest was stabbed through, and he was raised up the monolith, a magma trail of orange following him and then at he dropped, Nkri cut his head, and the monolith asunder. Tormentum’s body collapsed, and bolts of lightning came out of the hole where the head had been. Even death was a fight for the dark lord.
    Nkri deactivated his sabers, and clipped them to his belt.
    He took Kerra up into his arms, and headed to the Sith Infiltrator, standing there was a Twi’lek on her knees, Tanya.
    She had snuck aboard the vessel, and watched in horror as her Master was torn to pieces.
    She ignited a shoto ivory blade that Nkri stopped with his hand, he then commanded the Force, levitating and tossing her off the ramp against the table with the holocron. When she tried to regain her breath, and rise, a l blade tore through her chest. Nkri looked her in the eyes, she was in shock, and then removing the blade, she fell into the pit. Nkri returned to the ship, his face etched with seriousness of purpose. He acrivated the thrusters and began flying to the Medbay that Dr. Holloway had set up to replace the tower. He hailed her. She received a beep on her datapad, scrolling to said “Urgent, incoming vessel with injured Jedi.”
    Dr. Holloway ordered personal to prep surgery and the Becta Tank.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti and Kerra

The Infiltrator landed on a runway near the Medical Facilitu which was a dome of chrome. Dr. Holloway stood with a group of medical personal. The ramp descended, and Nkri emerged holding Kerra in his arms, his hood cloaking his face. He reached the hover stretcher.
    Dr. Holloway ordered the personal place her on it. Nkri leaned into the doctor and said, “she has a foreign body in her, one is explosive, and will need care removing it.”
    Holloway nodded, she was surprised to see Nkri so altered from when they last saw each other.
    Kerra was taking to surgery. There Holloway in white scrubs and a mask had a droid scan Kerra, finding the metal amulet at her neck and the explosive in her rib cage.
    Dr. Holloway used a laser that hung from the ceiling, and cut the flesh and tissue at the neck. A claw of a drpid reached in and plucked the amulet which looked like a creacent of black metal. Holloway placed it in a sterile glass tub and a droid came and took it away.
    Now came the hard part, a droid resealed Kerra’s neck, while, now the abdomen was opened, and Holloway peered at the lower ribs.
    There observatory with glass that Nkri looked through. His heart beat anxiously.
    12 hours passed, and Holloway had removed the device, which a team of men took and escorted out of Med facility lest it delay detonate. Nkri breathed a sigh. Kerra was sown back uo and placed in a Becta Tank. Holloway removed blood stained gloves, Nkri entered.
    “Is she going to be alright?”
    Nkri’s voice was heavy with worry.
    Dr. Holloway nodded.
    “Her vitals are stable, and the surgery went smoothly. But ai have to ask, who did this to her?”
    Nkri face was shrouded.
    “A Sith Lord. He’s dead.”
    Dr. Holloway lifted her head slightly.
    “I see. I’ve never seen anything like this. Her wounds will heal, but this Sith committed a violation. It seems her tubes are scarred.”
    Nkri titled his head.
    “Meaning?”
    Dr. Holloway sighed.
    “She cannot bear children.”
    There at last Tormentum last act of inflicting pain on his brother was felt. Nkri tried to contain it, but he cried out in a wail.
    Dr. Holloway placed her hand on his shoulder. Tears only came from his milky eye, the other duct damaged.

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Nkri watched as Kerra floated on the clear fluid, her mouth receiving oxygen and nutrients. Nkri placed his hand on the glass.
    “I love you. I will come back for you when you wake up.”
    The Grey Jedi Novice then left and made his way to the Sith ship. He fired up the thrusters and headed back to the Temple of Bogan. He hovered above, his canons poised and firing at it, the green beams knocking over monoliths. The shrine seemed to cave in, and fall like into a Sarlaac pit.
    Suddenly blue light flooded the ship screen and danced around Nkri’s head, it was like sparks of blue light that formed a face with a hood and mask.
    “At last.. l am free to pass on my teaching.”
    Nkri scoffed.
    “Have no desire to hear the ramblings of a demented darth! I am done with the dark side!”
    The hologram face smiled.
    “Good. The darkness is folly. I tried to destroy the teachings of the dark lords who came before. They mutilated the Force, twisted it for their gain and have left in their wake nothing but pain.”
    Nkri nodded.
    “Why do you spring from the Temple of Darkness then?”
    The Hologram Hooded One made himself smaller, until he was the height of Nkri and now standing in the room.
    “My knowledge was deemed dangerous the Sith, they buried my holocron in the shrine, holing the dark aura would keep it shrouded. When you fired upon it, you released me from my pyramid prison.”
    Nkri took a deep breath.
    “What do you want?”
    The Hologram took a few steps.
    “To pass on my knowledge, to ensure the philsophy of Light Sith survives, and that the empires of oppression no longer dominate the galaxy. I am Darth Gravid, I was once a Sith Lord, and I abandoned the darkness to serve The Light.”
    Nkri recognized the name.
    “What are the Light Sith?”
    Gavid smiled.
    “A Order that keeps traditions of the Sith, and that is devoted to the Light. “There is Passion, and There is Peace.”
    Nkri raised a eyebrow beneath his Miraluka bandage.
    “Isn’t that a Grey Jedi?”
    Darth Gavid drew closer.
    “We share much of the same beliefs and approach, but we Light Sith hold to Sith traditions and faith, that the Force will send The Sith’ari to save us, he I am sure will be a Light Sith who will destroy the Sith, remake them, and raise them from death. The Jedi are content with becoming One with the Force, we believe in a day of raising, when not only our spirits shall rise, but new bodies as well.”
    Nkri was intrigued.
    “I am sworn to a Jedi Master, but I wish to learn more.”
    Darth Gravid smiled.
    “I shall dwell in this ship and be here when you are ready to learn more.”
    Gravid disappeared into many particles of light, and Nkri flew back to pick up Ian and Ulic. Ian was awake and Ulic was feeding him soup.
    Nkri stepped off the ship. Ian raised up a little, he was glad to see him. Ulic ran towards Nkri, who placed his arm to meet the boy’s bug hug.
    Ian coughed.
    “I wondered if you’d forgotten about us Padawan.”
    Nkri smiled.,
    “Never.”
    Ulic was anxious to ask.
    “Did you see him? Your brother? Well?!”
    Nkri’s face became grave.
    “I need to tell you both something..”
    Ian took a spoonful of broth.
    “Well? Spit it out.”
    Nkri bluntly said, “He’a dead. I killed him.”
    Ulic dropped a bowl of soup. “Whaat?!”
    Nkri bowed his head.
    “There was no other way.. It was him or..”
    Ulic punched Nkri in cheek and ran off crying.
    Ian tried to stand up.
    “So.. you got revenge.”
    Nkri shook his head.
    “He was gonna kill Kerra!”
    Ian slumped down.
    “She.. is alive?!”
    Nkri nodded.
    “He planted a bomb inside her, and if I didn’t.. kill him, she’d die.”
    Ian nodded, stroking his beard.
    “You did the right thing. What kind of monster puts detonators in a lady?! But I realize he was your brother.. which is, well dank ferrik! Its horrible to have to cut down kin.”
    Nkri wiped his bruised cheek.
    “There’s more.. I killed his Twi’lek and I leveled the shrine a top of the Temple of Bogan.”
    Ian laughed.
    “By The Force! You were thorough!”
    Nkri nodded.
    “I intend to fight darkness wherever I see it, and erase the madness of the dark side contained in holocrons and texts. I will cleanse this planet and all others of the Dark Jedi teaching.”
    Ian smiled.
    “I have no qualms with that! The boogeymen of Bogan have caused enough damage. If we can endure future generations won’t become megalomaniacs bent on conquest, then count me in!”
    Nkri raised his eyes to meet his Master’s.
    “There is someone I want you to meet.. but where has Ulic gone to?”

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Reborn

Ulic had fled far into the forest. There he wept and beat his fist against the trunk of a tree. Suddenly he was grabbed by the back of neck and tossed into soil. He turned frantically to see a Twi’lek with a missing tail and burns all over her face. Her eyes were like embers as she ignited a crimson saber.
    “I ought to kill you for what you did to me!”
    Ulic cowered, placing both arms up.
    “You left me! Ouer Master..”
    Tanya finished his sentence,
    “Is dead. I know. I watched as that high and mighty ferrik killer him! Now I am the Master! I survived, while you cavorted with Jedi!”
    Ulic cried out.
    “It was to survive! Honest! I planned to kill em in their sleep I did.”
    Tanya laughed,
    “Sure.. you weak little Bantha turd!”
    Ulic was suddenly raised in the air by the Force.
    “I am gonna peel you till your screams fill the air!”
    Ulic pleaded.
    “Please Master.. I’ll do whatever you want!”
    Tanya hissed.
    “You seek only to save your hide!”
    As Tanya was about to strike her mind was filled with a thought.
    “Hmm.. perhaps there is a use for you after all. Come, I haven’t all day.”

Nkri could not find Ulic, he decided to trust The Force for a reunion. Ian followed Nkri into Infiltrator, and there Nkri summoned Darth Gravid, who animated once more as hologram. Nkri got on a knee. Ian looked at this with raised eyebrow.
    “My lord, this is my Jedi Master I spoke of. He wishes to learn the Light Sith Path as well.”
    Darth Gravid smiled.
    “A Jedi? I am afraid our Way is not compatible with the Jedi Way. We both serve The Light, but The Jedi reject Sith tradition, and the Sith'ari.”
    Nkri stayed kneeled.
    Darth Gravid carried on.
    “You kay assist Jedi in our aim, but remain as you are, one of Altis’ followers.”
    Ian opened his mouth wide.
    “How did you?”
    Darth Gravid Smiled.
    “I can sense it.. the Light speaks if you know how to listen. Heresy to most Jedi, but you are an offshoot and you carry a burden on your heart and face, a loss of a loved one. Attachment was only ever permitted in Altis’ sect, for whom I have great respect. If the last of his kind you be, I encourage you to keep his memory. The Light Sith on the other hand are all dead, I am but a phantom, who has waited for a disciple, to carry the torch and finish my work.”
    Darth Gravid drew nearer to Nkri.
    “You have search for your place in the spectrum, Son of Khan, you dabbled in the Discipleship of the Whills, wore the helm of Revanites, and grown in your skills as an Altisian Jedi. All of these were part of the training The Force ordained. But there is one thing that remains. You could not forsake your Sith heritage, no matter how hard you ran from it, and your passion for the Light seemed at odds with your blood. Now Light and Blood will be One. You shall be reborn a Light Sith, and carry the torch with love, compassion, and truth. But firat you must be baptized, set a course for the Temple of Ashla. There awaits you armor long lost, that you shall combine with the rest of your vestments.”

Nkri nodded and rose.
    “We shall go at once.”

Gravid smiled and his pixel blue image disappeared.

Nkri looked at Ian.

“I’m sorry I could not finish my training.”

Ian shook his head.

“You’ve learned all you can from me.”

Nkri smiled.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Temple of Ashla

The Light Sith aspirant made his way up the spire of beehive like tower of Ashla. It seemed tp stetch to the heavens, and within honeycomb-like dials and circles lit up from sun's rays. There was no traps, no forboding, no feats of strength. Here the serene was rewarded, here peace not power was the key. Nkri found that difficult. He had sworn himself to be a paladin of the Light, but the weight of all the trauma came to a head. He saw the faces of his father, brother, Tanya, and then Kerra. He found himself collapse on circular golden floor, his inner scars breaking open like fresh wounds. One could lie in Darkness and hide from it all, but the Light was piercing, it exposed everything. There the Grey Novice shed tears, they fell like clear drops of dew upon the cold basin, and it rang like a cymbal. Suddenly the walls shifted, and compartment opened with a helm and armor that matched the golden circles of light. Nkri took it and put on the helm, concealing his face, and putting on a tunic of brown with matching gold light in parta of the fabric.

The Light Sith aspirant returned to his ship, now clade in Ashla’s Armor. Darth Gravid appeared.
    “Well done, my apprentice.”
    Nkri took a knee.
    “They time has come for you to be reborn. We shall go to Korriban, and cleanse the tombs of the dark side taint.”
    Nkri raised his head.
    “Won’t that start a war?”
    Darth Gravid.
    “Perhaps, but it will prevent many more, the dark side and its influence must be purged or the galaxy will be plunged into darkness again and again.”
    Nkri nodded.
    “I need to see Kerra once more.”
    Darth Gravid nodded and disappeared.
    Nkri called Dr. Holloway on a datapad.
    “How is she? Any change?”
    Dr. Holloway
    “No. She remains in a coma.”
    Nkri sighed.
    “If she wakes, tell her I will return.”
    Dr. Holloway titled her head.
    “Where are you going Nkri?”
    Nkri shook his head.
    “Its best you don’t know.”
    Dr. Holloway leaned in.
    “Nkri.. you’ve been through a lot. The last thing you need is another truama.”
    Nkri took a deep breath.
    “Give Kerra my message, and if you see Polmath, tell him to seek The Force for me, I need his thoughts.”
    Nkri ended the communication. He then piloted the ship into the sky and out into space. Then the hyperdrive came online and it disappeared into white light.

Mentioned: @greyjedi125

greyjedi125 likes this.
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Return

No time seemed to pass on Decameron Alpha. All seemed calm. Above in orbit a great flash of white light, and a golden ship with spider leg wings descended through the sky, smoking trailing from it as it plowed through trees and landed on its back, the arachnid like wings curling up, one sparking at the knuckle. A circular hatch depressurized and a Golden armored figure leapt out with a blood red robe. He landed on his brown boots, and tilted his helm, before taking a large sack out of the ship. He hoisted the sack on his shoulder. Ian stepped out, coughing, and tumbled out on to the ground. His face which had been smooth was now wrinkled, and his hair shaved.
    “Home sweet home, eh Nkri?”
    The Light Sith Acolyte didn’t respond.
    What had been merely minutes to Decameron Alpha, had been years for them.
    The Light Sith began walking, his wrist gauntlet had a hologram miniature of Darth Gravid. Nkri headed for the Volcano, there he reached the door into the fire mountain. Ian drank from a flask.
    “Bad memories.”
    Darth Gravid pointed.
    Nkri went inside, and came to a pool of magma bubbling and steam rising. Nkri opened a sack, it was full of scrolls, with runic symbols, and holocrons in shape of miniature crimson pyramids.
    Darth Gravid commanded.
    “Destroy them!”
    Nkri picked up the sack full and threw the bag in the magma, then he tossed the scrolls which burst into flames and sank, and the holocrons which lit up before sinking.
    “It is done. Well done my apprentice.”
    Nkri left the inner pool, Ian standing there.
    “What now? More book burnings?”
    Darth Gravid gave the Altisian Jedi a look of disapproval. The Jedi had protested much during their crusade.
    “My apprentice, there is much here to cleanse. But rest for now.”
    Gravid disappeared into Nkri’s gauntlet.
    Ian sighed.
    “I still can’t get use to him being portable. I preferred when he was part of the ship.”
    Nkri sat on a rock and rank his gloved hands over his faceplate.
    Ian noticed Nkri’s unease.
    “Its as if no time has passed here.. and yet the toll of years we carry.. and the weight of blood.”
    Nkri nodded.
    Ian looked at Nkri.
    “Do you think she’s awake?”
    Nkri tilted his head.
    Ian moved in close to look into mirror like mask.
    “You know of who I speak.”
    Nkri rose.
    “I don’t know.”
    Ian made a sarcastic face.
    “Ah! At last he speaks! You’ve been silent since Ziost.”
    Nkri wrung his hands.
    Ian took another drink.
    “I can sense your hesitation. You wonder if she can accept what you’ve become. An iconoclast knowledge destroying servant of a deranged former Sith Lord. I gotta admit its a mouthful.”
    Nkri lowered his head.
    “No. I fear the heaviness will be too much for her to bear.”
    Ian raised a brow.
    “What do you mean?”
    Nkri raised his helm.
    “With each holocron I’ve destroyed, with each life I take, I feel a weight inside.. increasing.”
    Ian’s expression shifted to concern.
    “By The Force! You have a soul after all.”
    Nkri shook his head.
    “I must complete the work.”
    Ian shouted.
    “Why? What do you owe that Master manipulator?”
    Nkri made a fist.
    “I cannot.. stop. I must free the galaxy of the dark taint. It destroyed my father, and my brother.”
    Ian rubbed his beard.
    “Oh.. so that’s what this has all been about. I thought Mr. Hologram had a hold on you.”
    Ian shook his head.
    “Its more than that.”
    Ian raised an eyebrow.
    Nkri turned to Ian.
    “Will you check on her for me? See if she is alright?”
    Ian sighed.
    “Sure.”
    Some security forces arrived to investigate the crash. Nkri disappeared when they appeared. Ian approached them and explained the ship, and got a ride to the Med Bay.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    The Messenger and the Message

From among the security detachment that now escorted Ian, one particular remote moved away from them and floated unerringly nearby, to where Nkri had ensconced himself. It tweeted in a cheerful manner, for despite its mechanical sound, it did seem almost musical. The floating remote repeated its message several times, making sure that Nkri could hear it, for he certainly understood its language.

["Hail Nkri, peace be with you. The Caretaker invites you to visit him at the Temple of Balance."]

After a moment of looking around ( one could surmise it pretended not to 'see' the Light Sith ) the remote issued a final note before disappearing into the forested area.

The message had been sent: invitation delivered. The question now was, would it be accepted?

That remained to be seen.

Tag: @Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Summons

The Light Sith Apprentice noticed the remot, and heard the message of his friend and mentor.
    He spoke into the remote.
    “Invitation accepted.”
    The Grey Novice was provided a swoop, he made haste to The Temple of Bendu.

Play first 40seconds.

Nkri arrived at the Temple of Bendu, outside was security, one of whom requested his weapons.

Nkri handed his white and green sabers, his shoto saber, and a knife, and a sabber pike off his back. He then dropped into a metal bin thermal detonators, a Sith knife, and pin blade.

Nkri was ushered inside.

TAG: @greyjedi125

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Polmath the Caretaker
    The Green Room

If the guards were surprised at the amount of arms Nkri had deposited before entering the Temple, they gave no indication of it. The usher that now accompanied Nkri had smiled politely, having recognized Nkri from moons ago, as well as acknowledging that whatever you took inside the Temple, was a reflection of one's present self. Once arrived at the entrance of the Green Room, the usher gestured for the Grey Novice to proceed.

Within the familiar circular chamber, the scent of living greenery permeated their surroundings. In the middle of the room, there was a pool of tranquil water, it was there where Polmath awaited. He'd turn as Nkri entered, his grey robes flaring from the motion. A pleasant expression of gladness and welcome were upon his bearded countenance.

"Nkri...." The Grey Sage intoned warmly. "Always a pleasure, and thanks for agreeing to see me."

Polmath tapped his staff upon the ground softly, which was a sign for anyone else in the room to afford them a moment to speak.

"My, how you've grown." He observed mildly.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenrti
    Garden of Harmony

Nkri was not perturbed by the security, nor disarming. Had they known was he did to the Sith Temple on Korriban, the screams of Sith as he cleaved them and snapped them to pieces. He could still hear their screams, grown men devoted to the dark side shaking and hiding behind pillars as his blade severed their heads like corks.

Nkri felt himself come back to the present, and was ushered to the Green Room where he saw Polmath. His heart was glad to see his old friend, it lifted the heaviness if for the moment. The Light Sith Acolyte bowed his head.

“It is a pleasure to see you too Caretaker. It seems a long time since we spoke.”

To the comment about his growth he found more difficult to answer. For age had brought burdens, shadows of deeds done afar that tore at his heart and concealed scars beneath his armor.

“Grown.., aye my friend.”

Nkri stepped to the pool and looked at his reflection, a mirror looking at a mirror, where was the image?

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Echoes in the Force

As Nkri regarded his image in the pool, the still waters rippled as if disturbed. Upon inspection, Nkri would see that the ripples coincided with the echoes of the screams he carried within himself. The Grey Novice's heaviness poured out of him in waves, effectively disturbing the face of the waters of harmony, as it reflected his present self.

Polmath moved closer to the one he had unofficially mentored for a time.

"It is the way of things. We become heavier as we grow, in more ways than one."

Though the Grey Sage had spoken a platitude, it served its intended purpose.

Kato Sai likes this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Burden

Nkri felt his heart heave, je began to weep, his sobs echoed in his mask like cymbal. He looked into the pool.

“Polmath.. I need to be free of this..”

A voice interrupted.

“I must introduce myself.”

From Nkri’s gauntlet an orb rose put of the brass gold armor and an image of pale man with a hood appeared.

“I am Darth Gravid.”

The Light Sith Lord looked at The Caretaker with squinted eyes, belying distrust.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Ian

Ian areived at the Medbay, there he was escorted insixe where he found empty Becta Tanks. Sitting at white desk adjacent from them was a woman typing on datapad plugged into a access terminal. Ian approached, Dr. Holloway raised her head.
    “Hello? Can I help you?”
    Ian bowed his wrinkled head.
    “I am here on behalf of Kerra.”
    Holloway rose.
    “Are you a friend?”
    Ian shook his head.
    “I knew her, but I am here on behalf of another, Mam.”
    Dr. Holloway wrung her hands.
    “Nkri.. is he alright?”
    Ian took a seat in front of the desk, Holloway doing the same behind her desk.
    “Too be honest Doc, no. We’ve been gone a long time and well.. he hasn’t been the person I knew. He’s allowed.. well he’a being manipulated.”
    Dr. Holloway’s eyes twinkled.
    “By whom?”
    Ian crossed his arms.
    “A senile Sith Lord named Gravid. He convinced Nkri ro go on crusade against the dark side.”
    Dr. Holloway a droid bring a pot of warm tea.
    “Does Nkri exhibit total conformity to this.. Gravid?”
    Ian nodded.
    “Mostly, there are moments he questions the Light Sith Lord.”
    Dr. Holloway sighed and sipped a cup of tea, as one was offered to Ian who took it and partook.
    “I was worried something like this could happen. Nkri has suffered major trauma, the deaths of his father and brother have left his mind fractured with grief. And I am afraid Kerra’s fate will make matters worse.”
    Ian gave an alarmed look.
    “What has happened?!”
    Dr. Holloway placed her chrome cup of tea aside.
    “Kerra suffers from complete and irreversible memory loss. She remembers nothing of her time here. She will not know Nkri or that she loved him.”
    Ian bowed his head between his knees.
    “By the Force! This will destroy him!”
    Dr. Holloway placed her hand on Ian’s shoulder.
    “For his sake, I think a lie is in order. Tell him she is still unconscious and recovering.”
    Ian raised his head.
    “And if he insists on seeing her?”
    Holloway sighed.
    “Then I will have to lie, saying she is relocated.”
    Ian let out a shout to release some tension.

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The patient and his malady

Polmath's grey-green eyes fell on Nkri and lingered upon the young man for a moment, even as he briefly formed an empathic connection with the Grey Novice. It was as he suspected; there was no balance to be found therein, but a shift towards the penumbra of darkness, cold, creeping and solitary, the sort that led to maddening loneliness and regret. Nkri was being infected.

"Dear boy..." Polmath intoned, moved by Nkri's inner anguish. "When was the last time you allowed yourself the freedom to commune with the Force itself?"

The Grey Sage paused, allowing his words to linger for consideration, before he turned his gaze to the 'speaking' apparition that had introduced itself.

"Gravid." Polmath spoke the name as if it were an accusation. "Or should I say, an ersatz representation of a man driven mad by that which he failed to understand."

Polmath took a long breath, then released it. He well understood what was to come, and what needed to be done.

"I know how your story ends." he declared with prescient understanding.

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Two Masters

The Grey Sith.. Light.. what was he? Nkri felt Polmath’s words pierce his muddled mind, “commune with The Force..” The truth was he could not remember, he had drifted, even perhaps avoided communing. His barrier shame, and pain.
    Gravid listened to the rebuke of The Caretaker, then he replied.
    “Mad? Is if mad to rid the galaxy of darkness? The Sith have killed millions driven by the madness they call the dark side. I offer a cure and this is my instrument.”
    He pointed to Nkri.
    “He is able to put end to it all, the endless conflict. Would you stand in the way of his destiny?”
    Gravid had wrought his words carefully.