main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Esira's art stuff (updated 21/06/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Esira, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I really like the design. You've managed to make her look very creepy and sinister, but without making her look ugly. I think her mask is beautiful and disturbing at the same time, very neat touch. Nice detailing on the gauntlet armour and saber-hilt, too.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wow!! What a finish it is!! =D=

This is just gorgeous, Esira!! I agree with everything soits said in his reply--everything is just beautifully done! I love the shiny look of her clothing, and those gauntlets/gloves are positively evil-looking! I think it was the claws on them that made me think Nautolan to begin with--now she's colored, I can see everything more clearly. I love her stance here, sort of coiled, but with a fluidity that's just so natural. And the "flares" behind her are perfectly done--not too much, just enough! Another wonderful piece, and I think you've definitely figured out "how to do evil Sith Lords" now! ;)

FF

3. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Ooo...how could I have missed your latest update? *shakes head* Oh well....the important thing is I've seen how marvelous it is! Well done on a great piece! I love the lighting in the background, really packs a punch and makes quite a simple pose that little bit more dynamic.

Oh and I totally know what you mean with the twi'leks who look like they would break if they had to move. It's ridiculous. Nice bending of the sterotypes there, Esira! :D Love your work and hope to see some more wonderful images!

4. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I was bored whilst doing my english homework today so I did this oekaki of Darth Guile, my Twi'lek Sith Lord. (Who now has a name!)

Darth Guile

If anyone is wondering what an oekaki is here is a screenshot. Its basically a very simple, low-res painting program.

5. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks for your comment Soits! You've managed to make her look very creepy and sinister, but without making her look ugly
    Thats exactly what I was going for, so I'm glad I pulled that off! :)

Thanks FF! You have no idea how many designs I tried before I finnaly ended up with one I liked! All the others I tried ended up looking to brute-like or too femenine, and not very menacing at all. I was wondering if the flares behind her were a bit too much, but I'm glad I got them ok! I used similar flares on my entry in a picture of DZ's that I'd coloured for the colouring competition and I really liked them so I thought I'd try it agian! :p

Thanks for commenting C_R! You probably don't realise but I spent quite a while studying some of your pictures whilst I was doing this, they're so awesome, I really hope that my work can reach your standard someday! :D

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! I love both of your newest ones! Great job! =D=

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Darth Guile" looks amazing, Esira!! I really, really like her--and this new painting certainly leaves no question as to which Side of the Force she comes down on! ;)

This one is beautiful in its simplicity, while still conveying a strong mood: the Force-lightning coming toward the viewer has a powerful impact, as though we're the poor schmuck in front of her in the instant before we get fried! And that impassive mask, stark white with expressionless black eyes, surrounded by the black of her robes, is riveting! I love the red highlights you've made on her, balanced on the other side by the rim lighting on her body...
    The entire thing is a stunning composition, with a real "pop!" Beautiful job!!
    =D==D=

FF

8. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I must have some severe problems, I missed yet another art update! *smacks head against nearest wall/hard surface*

Great work here, great atmosphere going on here, and great work with the lightning. All I'd suggest is maybe some more glow from the lighting, maybe a brighter bolt in the centre of the hand? Dunno, looks great as is, I like the crispness of the mask! And those boold red streaks are very eerie.

Thanks for commenting C_R! You probably don't realise but I spent quite a while studying some of your pictures whilst I was doing this, they're so awesome, I really hope that my work can reach your standard someday!

Aww...I'm truly honoured! And about the standard, you're so there! You've got a wonderful grasp of your media and a real sense of form with your images, its like you could actually reach out and touch them...and get your hand cut off in the process! :p Great work and thanks for the compliments *blushes* :D

9. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I decided to draw a christmassy picture, and Revan is my favourite character so thats how this came about!

Festive Revan

I've finnaly managed to dig my thread up from the last page! :p

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wow!! I love the "Christmas Card from the Unknown Regions!" What a great painting, in addition to being "festive:" I love the shading and colors--the red in the cloak isn't too bright, and the little sprig of holly is a wonderful touch! It's almost a "Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come" sort of feel to the whole thing...beautiful! Great work! And Happy Holidays to you Esira!

FF

11. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wonderful!

And I love how you made Reven look happy, even in the armor! [face_laugh]

12. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Just like I said before Esira, I love it! (Just thought I'd post here too). Keep it up!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

13. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks FF! Yeah I like the ghostly feel to it, it captures Revan as a character, but its also got a merry feel to it! :p

Thanks ThrawnRocks! I though you would like it, KOTOR characters get left out at christmas I feel!

Nice to see you here Talon! Thanks for your compliments! :)

14. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Just digging up my thread from the 6th page! :p

I haven't been doing much Star Wars art recently, I have a few non SW pieces if you're interested here and here.

But fear not, I'm working on some new peices right now! ;) Here's a little sneak preview! :p

15. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Finnished the pic of my Exile form KOTOR II.

Here

Hope you like! :)

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Very cool. Feels very dark :D

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo!! [face_dancing] More work from our beloved Esira!!

I just adore "After the Battle," and oh-yes on the "chicks that look like they can kick @$$!" This woman, complete with torn-up flesh and armor, not to mention bloody weapons, is every bit of that: a woman that not only wields her weapon, but does so in a real battle and ends up with real injuries to herself in the process... I can sort of see her as a military leader, now surveying the aftermath of the melee... Great dark lighting in this one, really gives it a sort of oppressive atmosphere, which is so appropriate to the scene. In "Suffocating" I'm really struck by the powerful use of pose and the monochrome pallette here--is this a musician you favor? He really seems to bring a tremendous amount of energy to his performance, in any case! And your most recent piece, "Malachor V" is wonderful too--I'm completely unfamiliar with the game, but with all the scenes and characters you've illustrated here, I'm actually beginning to get a "feel" for the whole thing! Again, nice pose and lighting--the illumination from beneath is both cool and eerie, and really lends an almost dreamlike quality to this. Excellent work, as always! :D

FF

18. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Exile form KOTOR II
    The lighting is so interesting - the eerie bright green not only makes the character stand out, but also makes for a really strange but intriguing BG. Nice addition of the bright glare on the edge of the character from the lightsaber behind. The details in the face are also well done (I envy your digital painting skills). BTW, the woman in red in your sneak preview looks awesome.

Suffocating
    OMG! That is outstanding! It was nice that you blurred his arm in the front so that you can really focus on his face and make it realistic. The mid-action pose really draws you in - like he's in the middle of belting out a tune. I must mention how much I love his hair! I don't know who he is, but Rock on baby! Rock on! (that's to say if I'm correct in assuming he is a musician like FF asked. He seems to give off that impression.)

- Suz ^_~

19. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks ThrawnRocks! And Thanks FF! I'm glad you agree with my 'girls and war' issue, it's a battle not a fancy dress party! o_O
    You should really pick up the game if you have chance, it has some of the best characters in the Star Wars universe! And some of the planets, like Malachor V, are just mindblowing! Thanks again for commenting like you always do, you don't know how much I apreciate the feeback! [:D]

Thanks for you comments Suz! :) You don't know how much I envy your pencil skills! :p
    And yes, Suffocating is a painting of Matt Tuck, who is the singer of my favourite band Bullet For My Valentine. He rock soo much, and I'm glad I'm not the only one in love with his hair! :p
    Hopefully the other picture won't be too long coming, though I am a little worried that it won't be because I have so much exam prep to do for my art exam. School art projects are so boring... [face_plain]

20. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Visas Marr is finnished! I did rush her a bit, but tomorrow I have to commit to science revision and art exam prep, so no more free drawing. :(
    I probably won't have anything else new to submit for a while because of school, so sorry guys.

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "I couldn't be @$$ed to do a background this time."

LOL! Loved that comment in your DA post! But IMHO, she really doesn't need a background in this piece: her beautiful brilliantly colored costuming really catches the eye, and a background might just detract from her. I love her almost reverent pose here, with face downcast a little and the saber held in a vertical salute--as though she's honoring someone or something... Very pensive, contemplative. Great lighting, as always! And a big rah-rah for you tackling all the difficult work with school--we'll wait patiently for new stuff! And I know it'll be worth it, because it always is! :D Good luck!

FF

22. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I've done a new picture of the greatest KOTOR charcter of all, HK-47!
    Hope you like him! :D

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WOW!!

That looks fabulous Esira!! =D= I love the sort of burnished sheen on the metal surfaces--it really gives them a "lived in" look! This is just awesome! Again--don't know the characters from KOTOR, but the artwork you bring out on their behalf is just beautiful! Another wonderful addition to your gallery!

FF

24. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    "Suffocating is a painting of Matt Tuck, who is the singer of my favourite band Bullet For My Valentine. He rock soo much, and I'm glad I'm not the only one in love with his hair!"

Ah...The band name rings a bell, but I don't think I've ever heard any of their music before.

-----
    Visas Marr
    Oooooooh she's finished!
    :eek: The lighting is spectacular! The work on the veil really catches my attention - from the gold trim design to just the way it hangs off her head and covers her eyes to make her look so mysterious. I like the character design very much as well - very cultish in appearance to me which I find to be enticing. The added design put on her black robes really makes them stand out more.

HK-47
    'oly shmokes! The colour on it's bronze-gold-ish armour is great! So bright and beautiful and realistic on how the surface shines. Yeah, I know nothing of KOTOR either, but seeing all these characters that you bring out from it makes me want to. :D

Lovely new artwork, Esira. =D=

- Suz ^_~

25. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    *dusts off thread*

Just to let you guys know I'm not dead! :p

I've been studying hard all year with exams and stuff, but now those are over and I have some free time again!

A few pieces I've done recently:

Bastilla From KOTOR

Another painting of Revan

And if anyone here likes Tomb Raider check out the rest of my gallery because there are a few Lara Croft pieces too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.