main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena ESPN Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Aug 2, 2007.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I would like to make a bold claim.

And call this the stupidest idea ESPN has ever put forth.

Does David Villa - yes, that David Villa Winner of Copa del Rey, La Liga, UEFA Champions League, UEFA European Championships, FIFA World Cup and much more. That David Villa - does he need an MLS Cup to "cement his legacy"?

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Nice way to say Happy ******** holidays: Your Fired.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    another sign that REAL MURICANS are rejecting the lib'rul maydia

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Maybe now Simmons will come back? :p

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe now some of the more talented people that were fired will be rehired?

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Crazy to think we lost Stuart Scott three years ago, today.

I also lost one of my best friends on this day 11 years ago to a car accident. One of the best sports minds I ever knew. Crazy what memories can do to you.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Always enjoy the ESPN Voices portion of the National Championship game Megacast; what a beautiful, chaotic mess.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Should be noted (for those who choose to read the link rather than the article) that it's not Jemele Hill herself that is making the accusation, but rather a former ESPN legal analyst who's filed a lawsuit against ESPN.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    That was short, Sean McDonough out at Monday Night Football. Heading back to college football.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    any reader of deadspin will appreciate this

LloydChristmas and Luke02 like this.
  15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Juliet316

Not that surprised. Nothing against Michael or Jemele but I never felt like they fit the Sportscenter format especially the primetime spot right after PTI. They are more suited for opiniated shows like “Stats Don’t Lie” which I enjoyed them both on.

@Guidman

Total new booth then come the fall since obviously Gruden is gone too. And with Mike Treico now on NBC they really do not have a ton of in-house candidates.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They should have never cancelled His and Hers just to put them on SportsCenter. I think a lot of what worked on that show got lost when they transitioned to SportCenter.

Guidman and Luke02 like this.
  17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the 6:00 sportscenter is just repetition of the 9 hours of equally repetitive programming the precedes it. i wish whoever is watching it would stop so espn would be forced to try something different.

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    And tell those people to watch The Jump instead (or just cancel their subscription tbh)

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Katie Nolan killin' it per yoozh

DarthIntegral likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ESPN+ rolls out today - 30 day free trial is available, then $4.99/mo after that.

Gonna give it a shot - expectations are not too high from what they're advertising, but that's a generous trial period. If anyone else rolls with it, let me know what you think.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm going to hold on giving it a shot until the Roku support comes. Anyone who had been paying for MLS live and still wants that service gets that with ESPN+ for a lower cost, plus everything else ESPN+ offers. Trying to find information about what baseball games will be included, and can't quite get that information.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Are they going to have Dodger games? :p

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. But subject to local blackout rules. In other words. Yes for me, but not for you.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000