main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Essence of Dagobah (Padawan Yoda story) 7/ 3 /07 Yoda Best Non Human Thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Chapter Five - The Long Ride Home

"Okay! Once again, which way is home?" Moth asked the little green passenger sulking in the corner.

"Can't say!" Yoda answered stubbornly.

"I'm under orders from the Head of the Jedi Council to take you home so please give me a destination." Moth asked for the umpteenth time.

"Trained as a Jedi, I am to be. Not go home a ?" Yoda stopped in the middle of his sentence as his voice broke off into a whisper.

"I know how important it is for you to be a Jedi. I feel that way myself but if the Council forbids it there is nothing anyone can do. I have to take you somewhere give me a planet's name and I promise never to reveal it to anyone." Moth pleaded. They had been sitting in space waiting for a location to punch into the nav-computer for two days.

Moth sighed, "I am going to meditate and let you think about it for a while if you don't give me a destination soon I am going to have to take you back to Thyferra and leave you there home or not."

"hummp" Moth heard as he started opening himself to the Force and discharging his frustrations into the peace that comes from allowing the gentle ebb and flow of the Force enveloped him, cradled him in security. He loved the way it renewed him, fortified him to face the challenges ahead. As he drifted where the Force took him he felt like a small boy floating down a river on a hot summer day. Refreshed and renewed all the world was spread out before him; he could see the clouds floating overhead swirling in a gentle breeze. He could see faces forming in the clouds and some familiar some strange. One cloud started turning green and solidified into his companion only older and wearing the distinct garb of a Jedi Knight.

Moth jerked into reality and saw his companion sitting across from him picking at a callus on his foot looking like a small boy. His words rang in his head, "If the Council forbids it there is nothing anyone can do?anyone?"

~`~`~`~`~`~

Moth flew over the lush forest and clear blue lakes of his home planet welcoming the peace that came from visiting his home. He followed the broad Tajal River to the Summer Palace nestled in the shadow of the Northern Dinall Mountains.

He received a message from the Council two days ago telling him not to be in a hurry to return. He was persona non grata because of his failure as a host to properly supervise his guest. Since said guest refused to give him a destination of where to return him and the Force seemed to be telling him there was a possibility of his new companion being trained; Moth chose to take Yoda to his personal home instead.

"Landing authorization code accepted. You are free to land on the palace space landing pad C at your convince. Prince Bantn is being notified of your arrival."

Moth landed as instructed and finished the end of flight check list then looked up to see his brother and sister-in-law coming out of the royal exit of the palace. Seeing his brother never ceased to amaze him, they had been separated so early in life and he always felt as if he was looking through a porthole into another dimension when he saw Bantn. There was his face on another person, living another life yet in almost every way they were the same. They could hear each other's thoughts, feel each other's pains and joys even at great distances.

'I see the royal family is growing.' Moth said, noticing Anaca's growing girth. 'When do I become Uncle Kotn?'

'Five long glorious months.' Anaca answered as she waddled toward the ramp as it opened.

'Twin girls, an heir and a spare as the local news reporters put it.'
    Bantn added.

"Thankfully this is a female oriented monarchy. I never want to go through this again." Anaca said out loud as Moth bowed and kissed her hand. "Kotn, you're family you do not have to do that."

"Yes, Milady but how would it look for a Jedi to show lack of appreciation for the royal princess." He shook his head and clucked his tongue against his teeth.

Bantn though got no such respect as

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    "Yes, I agree. I wonder what Moth has gotten us into this time." Master Poof chided.

Moth's gotten you into big trouble now, that's for sure. [face_mischief] I love the humor in this. The suspense is good too, oh, it's all good. :)

Add me to your pm list, you must.

3. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Yay, Yoda's going to be trained after all. Figures they only wanted to train him after they saw how high his midichlorian count was! [face_laugh] Another great update, and I look forward to more. =D= =D=

4. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    'It's amazing how they changed their tune when they want something.'

Hehe. Amazing isn't exactly the word. Now they're afraid of him ending up with the Sith, so the have to put in a good bid for his soul. :D I am all caught up and awaiting more!

Still waiting...

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! =D=

'Well I think this is the first time a rejected application has been reconsidered much less the Council requesting the applicant reapply. I guess the Force does want him trained.'

Moth left the ship and walked down the path leading to the royal gardens and stopped to watch as Yoda rolled and tumbled, acting out some funny adventure to make the princess laugh. She finally caught her breath and noticed Kotn watching them and asked, "What's going on? You look like a man with a secret."

"I do." He walked over and sat beside her and looked down at Yoda. "The Council has reconsidered their decision and would like to interview you again." He watched as Yoda's face lit up and he squealed as he turned a cartwheel.

And I can picture him doing that! [face_laugh]

6. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    great update! it's funny how quickly stern Master Poof changed.

thanks for the PM!

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Yoda squealing and turning a cartwheel; that's so funny and cute.

Excellent. I look forward to reading the next chapter.

:)

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What I would give to see Yoda doing cartwheels!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wise the Council was to reconsider their decision. Not Yoda's fault he wandered into a restricted area.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    This is truely a great story. You are so true to his charecter, he is so hard to write but you do it well. Please put me on the PM list.

10. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    An: Thank each and everyone for reading and reviewing and please pardon me for not replying to each one personally it is by no means lack of appreciation. I do the happy dance for each review.

PM List

BrentusofGath
    CodyMonKenobi
    Darth_Drachonus
    justicejedi
    Kelia
    Kynstar
    LilyHobbitJedi
    prj1
    saraynet
    __Vader__
    VaderLVR64

Chapter Six ? The Declaration

Moth would have probably stayed longer if nothing else to spit the Council for exiling him again but the bouncing green kid tugging at his robe asking, "Go now, can we?" got annoying after a while. So he requested the Queen's permission to leave and took his eager charge and returned to Coruscant.

His second arrival at Coruscant was as exciting as the first as they flew over the crowded planet and saw new traffic laws were being implemented allowing for multilevel flying lanes. Yoda's nose pressed against the glass of the window as he looked for the Temple to appear over the rest of the buildings. "There, there the Temple is!"

"Thank you Yoda I would never have found it if it wasn't for your help." Moth teased his companion but Yoda was too excited to notice.

Moth landed the ship and quickly shut the systems down. This time there was no committee to meet them but a padawan messenger delivering a message to come to the Council Chamber as soon as they arrived. Moth sent word he had an errand to run first; he realized he was dragging his feet about the meeting but couldn't imagine why.

"Yoda, I have to go see Healer Felipe before we go to the meeting. It won't take long. Can I trust you to sit here and not get into trouble?" Moth asked his charge as he pointed to the chairs in the arboretum outside the healer ward.

"Trust me, you can. Never want to get in trouble again, I do." Yoda empathetically assured him.

Moth grinned at his charge as he turned and walked into the healer ward. "Master Felipe I have to meet with the Jedi Council in just a few minutes but I wanted a heads up on what to expect. What was the results of the test on Yoda?"

"Kotn, you know the results of the test are to be sent to the Council directly and not distributed amongst the general population. Future Master of a Padawan is the only exception to that rule."

"Master Felipe if he is trained, I will be his Master, the Force has already spoken on the that." Moth assured the Head Healer.

"All right, I will hold you to that. Yoda's midichlorians count is the highest we have found to date. It's even higher that Master Poof's. Which really perturbed him since I suspect he was secretly proud of his holding the record." Healer Felipe rattled off in his typical professional slightly smug manner.

"Are there any indications of a problem that would keep him from being trained?" Moth asked.

"None, now if you will excuse me I have a procedure to handle." Felipe turned and started out of the room before Moth could reply.

"Thank you," Moth said as Felipe disappeared around the corner.

Moth turned and walked out of the Healer Ward and found Yoda setting on the assigned chair swinging his legs looking at the plants around him. "Come on Yoda, we have an appointment with the Council."

Yoda slid off the chair and ran after Moth. 'Why so tall everyone here have to be?'

~`~`~`~`~

Moth and Yoda walked quickly into the Council Chamber and stood on the center medallion that was traditionally the appropriate place to stand. "As you requested I have brought Yoda back for another interview."

"Yes, thank you Moth and Yoda, thank you for coming. We received the test on the blood sample Master Moth supplied us and there are some interesting aspects to it. We are wondering if there are others among your species that are as Force sensitive as you?" Master Poof inquired.

"Not allowed to talk about others from home planet, I am." Yoda said puzzled at the reason for the question.

Moth's blood started to boil as he realized what was going on. "Master Poof, we are dealing with Yoda individually not his people."

"But we

11. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    Yay they let him in.

This is really funny, I can see a young Yoda doing all of this. You are so true to his charecter. I can't wait to see what other head aces he causes Master Q-Tip head.

12. justicejedi

Oct 8, 2006
    good luck, Poof, for the future. any attempts to outsmart him will make Poof look like an idiot! [face_laugh]

13. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    "All right, I will hold you to that. Yoda's midichlorians count is the highest we have found to date. It's even higher that Master Poof's. Which really perturbed him since I suspect he was secretly proud of his holding the record." Healer Felipe rattled off in his typical professional slightly smug manner.

[face_laugh] Nice, love the fact that Yoda's count is higher than Poof's!

Moth shook his head and said, "Yoda this is more than I wanted to know about you, much more."

[face_laugh] Too funny!

Another great update, I can't wait to see what happs next to Padawan Yoda and his master. =D= =D=

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    If only they knew what an illustrious future that little green one has! :p

"Are there any indications of a problem that would keep him from being trained?" Moth asked.

"None, now if you will excuse me I have a procedure to handle." Felipe turned and started out of the room before Moth could reply.

"Thank you," Moth said as Felipe disappeared around the corner.

Moth turned and walked out of the Healer Ward and found Yoda setting on the assigned chair swinging his legs looking at the plants around him. "Come on Yoda, we have an appointment with the Council."

Yoda slid off the chair and ran after Moth. 'Why so tall everyone here have to be?'

=D= [face_laugh]

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love Yoda's youthful enthusiasm, though I pitty Moth for having to "learn that much" about him.

I was thrilled to see Moth stand up to the Council - calling them back to learn about Yoda's species was pretty low

Great update

=D= =D= =D==D=

16. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Story is terrific so far! Great job Lea-El!!

17. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    PM List

BrentusofGath
    CodyMonKenobi
    Darth_Drachonus
    justicejedi
    Kelia
    Kynstar
    LilyHobbitJedi
    prj1
    saraynet
    __Vader__
    VaderLVR64

If you want on or off just speak up.

Chapter Seven - The First Lesson

"When flying lessons, will I get?"

"There are a few thing that we must deal with before you can learn to fly. Patience is the first thing a Jedi must learn. All things come to us when the Force is ready for us to know them. You can not hurry the Force." Moth informed his anxious student.

"Before you learn to fly we must learn some of the basis about what it means to be a Jedi." Moth said, then noticed Yoda's face drop.

"How I got in trouble before, isn't that?" Yoda asked.

"No, This is different." Moth assured him.

"Then lightsaber, could I get? Easy that should be to learn, turn on and not cut off own head." Yoda said naively.

"Before you can get a lightsaber you must learn a few necessary things about the safe use of and appropriate reasons for using of a lightsaber."

"Just learn to fly, can't I" Yoda pleaded.

Moth sighed, then said, "Follow me."

He lead Yoda through the Temple at a full sprint to the landing pad where his ship was located, stopping only to pick up some necessary supplies. He palmed open the ramp and quickly stowed the provisions. "Sit here in the copilot's seat."

Yoda bounced up into the seat and was swallowed whole. "Just a minute." Moth said and disappeared into a storage closet down the hall and came back with two extra bed pillows. He slid the chair forward as far as possible them placed the pillows behind Yoda. "Humm! We have a problem." Yoda still liked about half a meter reaching the controls.

Moth disappeared back into the ship's storage compartment then came back with a stool a workman had left there previously. He slid the seat back and sat the stool in front of it. "This will have to do until I can arrange for a refit."

Moth sat in the pilot's seat and started going through the check list for take off, taking time to explain each feature. Finally he lifted off and showed Yoda how to navigate the busy traffic lanes of Coruscant for a couple of hours then enter space. At the appropriate time he showed him the nav-computer and how to set the coordinates for a destination and engage the hyper-drive.

Three days and several quick jumps later they arrived back at Coruscant and Yoda piloted the ship back to the landing pad at the Temple. "Well Yoda that was a very good job of piloting. You're a quick study."

"Now learn how to fly, can I?" Yoda asked hopefully.

Moth looked puzzled at his padawan then remembered Yoda's referring to the acrobatic fighting style Ataru as flying. "Yes, we can learn to fly now. Follow me." Moth led him back through the Temple to the sparring rooms.

'Lesson One- figure out what he is talking about before you go on a three day jaunt around the galaxy.'

~`~`~`~`~`~`~

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I LOVED it! [face_laugh] Yoda is adorable. I want to hug him. HARD. ;)

"When flying lessons, will I get?"

"There are a few thing that we must deal with before you can learn to fly. Patience is the first thing a Jedi must learn. All things come to us when the Force is ready for us to know them. You can not hurry the Force." Moth informed his anxious student.

"Before you learn to fly we must learn some of the basis about what it means to be a Jedi." Moth said, then noticed Yoda's face drop.

"How I got in trouble before, isn't that?" Yoda asked.

"No, This is different." Moth assured him.

"Then lightsaber, could I get? Easy that should be to learn, turn on and not cut off own head." Yoda said naively

=D=

19. joboofoo

joboofoo Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006
    Excellent job writing as yoda, I think you caught what a 30 year old who would live to be 800 or so would be like at his age, still very simpleistic and naïve. I've enjoyed the story so far.

20. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    LOL, loved it.

I would really like to know more about Moth, he is a very intresting person, and just to know that he is responsible for the foundations of the greatest Jedi ever. Maybe after you finish this you can write more stories about Moth. Yoda is so funny, so eager to learn. He is deffinatly not the patient Jedi Master yet. I love it.

21. justicejedi

Oct 8, 2006
    LOL!!!! that was hilarious! [face_laugh] I love Yoda's patience, yet rushed ambition!

22. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    "Then lightsaber, could I get? Easy that should be to learn, turn on and not cut off own head." Yoda said naively.

"Before you can get a lightsaber you must learn a few necessary things about the safe use of and appropriate reasons for using of a lightsaber."

"Just learn to fly, can't I" Yoda pleaded.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I just love seeing this young Yoda. He doesn't think there is much to lightsabers and he just wants to learn how to fly. Definitely not a Yoda we've seen before. Awesome writing as always! =D= =D=

23. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Yoda needs pillows to sit in a fighter cockpit! Poor Yoda...

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Maul had to learn the hard way not to "assume" he knows what Yoda is talking about.

Well, at least Yoda was nice enough to humor him :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005

PM List

BrentusofGath
    CodyMonKenobi
    Darth_Drachonus
    justicejedi
    Kelia
    Kynstar
    LilyHobbitJedi
    prj1
    saraynet
    __Vader__
    VaderLVR64

If you want on or off just speak up.

An: Thank you for reviewing and reading I really appreciate each one.

Chapter Eight ? The Blueprint and the Crystal

Jolanda had been digging in the holo-prints for hours. She prided herself on knowing where everything in the Archive was, she knew it was here but where was it and who moved it. She was determined to find it or find who moved it or else.

"Master Nu, are you feeling well?" Her padawan assistant asked her as she emerged from the holo-print storage chamber.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Jolanda asked blowing a strand of hair out of her face and wiping a smug of dust off her face.

"You look disheveled. I mean ? I've never seen you look anything but pristine. I mean?" The nervous padawan wished she had stayed quiet.

"I just lost something and it frustrates me to loose things in my archive." Jolanda fumed, only half realizing she was talking to someone and other than herself.

'Her archive?' The padawan thought but decided not to ask. "May I ask what you lost I might be able to help you find it?"

"Maybe, have you seen anyone in the holo-print chamber lately, besides me of course?" The muttering master asked.

"No, I don't think? Ah! ?Maybe! Master Moth's little green padawan thingy was in the archive last night but I didn't see him in there or I would have told you immediately." Now she really wished she had stayed quiet, in bed and in a healing trance as she saw the master turn several different shades of red, purple and green at the same time.

"I've spent the last six hours looking for the holo-prints for a lightdagger for Moth and his brazen little padawan snuck in and took them already. I will skin that little troll and make a seat cushion out of his hide." Jolanda marched over to the comm-link and called Moth. "Where is he and what did he do with my holo-prints?"

Moth turned and scowled at his padawan and said, "He brought them to me last night, I thought you sent them."

"Tell him if he comes in here again, he is to be escorted by you or I will dukt tape him to a chair and throw Tatooine cactus darts at him." The irate master screamed into the comm-unit.

"I will see to it he?" Moth started but the comm-link went dead. Moth stopped looked at the comm-unit then turned to see his padawan inspecting an imaginary sore on his foot then peeked to see what Moth was doing.

"I was hit by a Tatooine cactus dart once on a mission, it was very painful and itched for a week. I would suggest you allow me to retrieve any information you need from the archive for a while, I think Master Nu is perturbed with you."

"Yes, Master! Does this mean go look for a crystal for my lightsaber, I can't?" Yoda asked pleadingly.

Moth rubbed his head, 'I have a feeling I may not survive this padawan's training.' "I think it might be advisable for us to be gone for a while. Pack some supplies and let's go."

~`~`~`~`~`~

Anticipation! Moth could feel it vibrating through out the ship as Yoda prepared for his test in the caverns of Ilum. The thought of seeing possible futures he might experience was thrilling and terrifying.

Moth thought back over his trip into the awe inspiring cavern, seeing the ancient intaglio depicting the history of the Jedi Order carved into the walls of the caverns. He remembered his vision of his master turn to the Darkside and his having to kill him, which he hope against hope would not come true but unfortunately it happened, though not as he had seen it. He remembered the excruciating pain of having to go before the Council to explain his actions. 'Not many padawans get knighted for killing their master. I hope Yoda's visions are more up building.'

He felt a small newly familiar clawed hand on his shoulder and looked to see an all-knowing comforting smile on his padawan's face. 'Wow! Our bond is getting stronger, he heard th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.