main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Essence of Dagobah (Padawan Yoda story) 7/ 3 /07 Yoda Best Non Human Thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A heartbreaking chapter! :_|

=D=

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Sorry I'm late in reviewing this.

Poor Anaca, that must to be so incredibly hard to loose so much all at once. :_| :_|

This was such a sad, but incredibly well written chapter! I can't wait to find out what happens next. =D= =D=

3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005

AN: I promise the sadness will end with this chapter If you can bear with me for one more chapter. Thank you for reading.

Chapter Twelve

Yoda opened the door quietly and sent his message through their bond so as not to wake the sleeping patients. // Message from the Council, I just received. Reward placed on the heads of all the royal family. In danger the twins and their mother are. Hide them, we must. //

// Where do they suggest? //

// One to the temple to be trained and the other into seclusion to a secret place. //

// They want to hide them separately? Anaca will never go for that. //

// Only way to keep them safe, known to be having twins the Princess? Queen was. Looking for two they will be. //

// There's more! //

// Yes. Hidden separately from the twins, they suggest the Queen be. //

// She will definitely not like that. // Kotn told his padawan.

Then wondered to himself, 'Could she survive loosing them both after loosing Bantn and her whole family.'

// I need to speak to the council. Can you watch them for a few minutes? // Moth laid the girls in the warming bed near their still sleeping mother and hurried to the cockpit to the holo-imager.

~`~`~`~`~

"Master Poof, I just received word from my padawan that the Council suggested separating the twins from their mother. Is that true?"

"Yes, under the circumstances we think it would be for the best. An unusually high price has been placed on their heads and it will bring out all the scum of the galaxy. We also think three separate target will make it more difficult for them to be compromised and supply the best chances for one of them to survive."

"Are you aware of what she has been through in the last two days? She lost all her family, her home planet, her kingdom and her hus?" Moth couldn't finish is sentence for the lump growing in his throat.

"I know and I? we are sorry for your loss but we foresee this is the best." Master Poof assured him.

"What good will it do to save her if she looses her will to live? We have to arrange for her to keep one at least." Moth pleaded with his former master. // I can't let her loose everything. I couldn't save Bantn... I have to save Anaca... I owe him that much. //

"There is one way but I'm not sure the Queen would be willing to do it. The family who agreed to take one of the twins will need a wet nurse to care for the child. She would be a servant in the people's home. That's such a step down for a Queen." Master Poof suggested.

"To get to raise her child herself she would scrub floors I'm sure." Moth said without a doubt in his heart.

"I will contact the family and tell them she is being accompanied by a nurse. They have longed for a child for many years. She still must be separated from the other child. There is no way around that. I am sending the coordinates for the private transport to meet you at to take the... Anaca and the child to their new home."

"I'll go tell her." Moth stepped out of the holo-imager and shut it off. 'How do I tell her she has another loss to bear.'

~`~`~`~

Anaca opened her eyes to see the face of her brother-in-law trying to be brave as he told her something she knew she was not prepared to hear. "The girls! Are they all right?" She gasped and sat up straining to find them in the darkened room.

"Yes! They are fine, both are sleeping but they will be hungry soon. I have to talk to you first." Kotn calmed her but fell silent when it came time to tell her the news.

"Kotn, except for that Jedi beard, I have looked at that face for many years now and I know when it holds bad news. The two of you wear you feeling in your eyes... wore. The girls are well, I don't know what else I have to loose but just say it." Anaca smiled the 'everything's all right' smile again.

"An extremely high price has been placed on your and the girls' heads." He paused to allow the shock of his statement to sink in and t

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    =D=
    =D=

Awesome job, Lea!.
    Exciting and sad at the same time.
    Please update soon.

5. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    That was really good. I feel bad for Anaka. I hope that the council agrees to let Moth train her, if not him maybe Yoda.

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm so happy that everything got sorted out, but it's so sad that Anaca has to be parted from one of her twins. At least she is going to the Temple. This was such a sad and but excellent chapter!=D= =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

Oh that was devestating!!

Poor Anaca - but at least she gets to be with one daughter.

I'm relieved Yoda was able to retrieve Bantn

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| but =D=

Neither could say what they felt but both knew the feeling in the others heart so words were unnecessary. He carried the other infant to the docking port so she could have as much time with her as possible. "Can she be named Nyla? It's not a name from our planet but I have always loved it."

Kotn nodded, wondering how to explain it to the Jedi Council but as with all else he would see to it her wishes were fulfilled. He touched Anaca's forehead and gave her a wave of calming strength and assurance that all would be well for his change. // I will not fail her. //

// Tell her she was loved. // With that she turned and quickly disappeared into the other ship. The air locks closed and the docking seals broke, he swore the breaking of the seal sounded like Anaca's heart breaking.

Kotn noticed a chain around the infant's neck, a green stone hanging from it. He and Bantn found the gemstone and made the necklace for the young princess who stole Bantn's heart, she always wore it next to her skin so no one knew it was there. No one would connect it to her family.

Gorgeous. =D=

9. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    =D= That was your best chapter yet.

I wonder how Yoda got the body offplanet? It must have been difficult, but I'm sure the little sprout did quite well. :p

Looking forward to more.

10. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    AN: I getting a little loopy I almost posted this in Taryn. Let's try this again.

Chapter Thirteen ? The New Assignment

Moth stood over the crib looking at the tiny infant wondered, 'What did I do wrong?

What happened to keep the plot from being discovered sooner?

Usually the Force warns you of danger but not this time. Why?

Was it the will of the Force for Bantn and the Queen to die?

That goes against everything I have been taught. Everything I know in my heart.

Right now my heart is not the best sort of judge of right and wrong.

I want to go back with an army of Jedi and deal with the assassins for what they did to my family.'
    He took a deep breath and tried to release his feeling into the Force. For the first time he felt as if his feeling would not drain away into the Force as it always did in the past.

'Am I being rejected too?

Are Nyla, Anaca and the other twin doomed by my beloved Force also?

I don't even know what she is to be named, what they are named, even Anaca is being given a new name.

Why do I feel that is a punishment for me rather than a protection for them?'

Nyla squirmed and fussed.

"I'm sorry! I'm disturbing your sleep with my dark thought." Moth whispered. "I'll think about happier things." Moth promised, reaching down and stroking her silky hair.

"Go back to sleep." He Force commanded as she quieted and breathed deeply drifting back into a deep sleep.

Moth smiled at her and turned towards the door to leave and saw his padawan watching him.

Moth asked through their bond, 'You couldn't sleep either?'

'Concerned about you I was.'
    Yoda replied.

'Let's go I'm interrupting her sleep.' Moth took one more look at his precious charge and turned to go.

As they got out into the hall outside the creche Yoda said softly. "Want to speak to you in the morning, the Council does."

"Did they say what it was about?" Moth asked dreading the answer.

Yoda looked up at him with dread in his eyes too.

"Yes, I know they want me to go back to Pyotr." Moth exclaimed.

~`~`~`~

"Master Moth, I know this is a difficult time for you but we must deal with the Pyotr issue." Master Poof said sympathetically.

"What do you need?" Moth said and nodded, acknowledging his gesture of kindness.

"We need you to go back to Pyotr to investigate how this happened. The newly formed government is not asking for our help but the former Queen and ... her daughter were under the Jedi's protection so we feel it is appropriate for us to investigate the coup. We understand it will be difficult for you to go back under the circumstances but ... "

"I don't think you understand what you are asking? My brother and I are identical twins. Mine is now the most recognizable face on Pyotr at this time. There is a reward offered for me also because of my relationship to my brother." Moth said and breathed deeply to release his emotions into the Force.

"We know that but we think it is an acceptable risk since you know more about the planet than anyone else." Master Lange spelled out their reasons for the seemingly unreasonable request.

Seeing his reasoning wasn't moving Moth he added, "Then there are your parents. Are you going to leave them on the planet to suffer at the hands of the new government?"

"I was told they were taken into hiding by some of the loyalist." Moth said torn by the emotions churning inside him.

"Yes but several groups have already been found and executed. We are not sure how much longer your parents can allude the new government." Poof cut deeper into Moth's emotions with this last piece of information.

Moth stood there for what seemed to him an eternity weighing his vow to his sister-in-law to watch out for his niece and his concern for his parent's safety. He knew Nyla would be safe with the Jedi but it was his responsibility to guard her.

Finally, Master Poof said to his former padawan through their former bond. 'Do you intend to sit in the temple an

11. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    'This could almost be worth going back to see the prim and proper Lange dirty and stinky.'

[face_laugh]

it was the distinct smell of wild garlic stew on a tradesmen's breath.

They must not do much trading on Pyotr, what with their tradesmen having horrendous banthabreath!

~ Less likely to get caught in the archive too, I will be. ~

'Oh! No!'

[face_laugh] Poor Moth. He'll either get killed on his home planet, or he'll get killed by the incensed Archive Master, lol!

12. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    LOL what a great update, we sort of did need a break from the bleak happenings of the last two chapters and this chapter was hilarious! Great Job Lea-El!

=D=

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! :D

As the team lifted off in a common galactic freighter and set coordinates in the nav-computer Moth suddenly heard the words ring in his ears, ~ Less likely to get caught in the archive too, I will be. ~

'Oh! No!'

[face_laugh] =D=

14. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    This story just keeps getting better and better. I have a feeling that Yoda will someday be the little ones master, but I hope Moth makes it back okay. I have a really bad feeling about this mission.

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh no, the council is sending Moth off without Yoda?

:eek: :eek: [face_worried] [face_worried]

Now I'm worried for the poor guy.

Yoda in the creche...that should be very interesting.

Great udpate

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Whoa, I'm getting really worried about Moth. He's going from one danger to another. [face_worried]

As the team lifted off in a common galactic freighter and set coordinates in the nav-computer Moth suddenly heard the words ring in his ears, ~ Less likely to get caught in the archive too, I will be. ~

'Oh! No!'

[face_laugh] Oh boy, I can't wait to see what Yoda does this time.

Great update!! =D= =D=

17. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
  18. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Okay Darth_gersh Supper on the table!

An: I have to confess I made a slight mistake. I accredited Moth as killing his master and had Poof being his master. My daughter, who is an expert on everything Star Wars, assures me after his master was killed he could have had a new one assigned to fill in, to finish his training or as an adviser.

Chapter Fourteen ? The Landing

"Moth, we got an all clear to deliver supplies to the Southern continent of Aquilla. Our papers are approved by the provincial government and we are ready to enter the planets atmosphere. Is there anything else we need to do first?" Lange asked, visibly worried about his companion.

Moth delayed in answering then said. "I think that is all we need to do. You are sure this is where the Force is leading us?"

"Yes, we all agree. Do you sense something we don't?" Hask asked.

"No! I feel this is where ou? my parents are. I just can't tell if it is a trap or not. I'm not used to this absence of Bantn yet."

~`~

"Are you sure he's ready to go an a mission yet? I know he and his brother were close being identical twins and this has thrown his balance off." Hask asked Lange.

"Yes, I think he just needs to get back up on the bantha. Once he feels the Force messages in action he will be fine." Lange assured his worried friend.

~`~

"We are landing in the small village of Veran. Do you know it?" Hask asked.

"Yes, I was there once, my grandfather was from there. The people are simple and friendly but keep to them selves."

Moth felt the ship softly bump the ground as it landed and heard the engines go silent. He walked to the ramp and palmed it open. The smell of verdanian blossoms in bloom flooded the ship as the ramp opened. A small boy peeked out from behind a tree at the edge of the country landing area commonly know as a meadow. Moth couldn't suppress a grin at the way he looked like Bantn the first time they met. This was definitely his home planet and from where his roots extended.

On seeing he was spotted the boy turned to run and tripped over his feet or some imaginary object. Moth sent out a wave of safety and friendship to the boy and walked swiftly over to help him up.

" 'I dun't know anythin'! I dun't know whur anyb'dy is!" He stammered looking like a caught animal as Moth picked him up.

"It's all right we are not with the planetary guard we are just here to deliver supplies and find my parents." Moth feeling the comforts of his home planet and a sense of belonging felt safe to tell him the truth.

The boy looked up at Moth surprised and reached up and pushed his hair out of his face a look of amazement appeared on him dirt smudged face. "Your him!"

Moth chuckled, "Yes! I'm him!"

"We're hidden your Ma and Pa. They thought you'ud be coming so they left me ta watch cause I can run like the wind. At least I c'uld afore my feet started grow'n. I didn't tell um about that cause I really wanted to do this for them."

"What's your name?" Moth asked smiling at his new friend energy.

"Bantn, I's named after the Princess' Consort cause he? Ya'll are from here. Course you know that! I can take you to your parents if you 'ant to."

"That would be great Bantn." Moth pushed the word past the lump in his throat.

"Moth, Hask and Makiel will stay here and unload the supplies. I'll go with you." Lange ordered.

Moth nodded but was watching the boy point the way to a faint trail through the woods.

"You alm'st had me fooled with that garlic stew breath. I just knew you's real drop shippers. Sum of them's been spying fur the g'vernment. But I'd know those eyes anywhur. They look jest like my Pa's cuse we're related ya know." Bantn rattled so loudly he didn't hear the guards approaching.

"Hold still or you're dead!" A gruff voice ordered.

"It's Kotn! Can't you see!" Bantn announced. "I rec'gnized him right off."

An older man stepped out of the woods a few feet away lowering his blaster. "It's him!" He crossed the distance in several large steps and grabbed Moth.

19. NerdWOMAN

NerdWOMAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was too adorable!! lol. I loved it.

'The Force couldn't save our Bantn but it gave us another one.' She shared her thought with her Jedi son.

Moth smiled, bittersweetly and nodded.

How bitter sweet.

Very good! It pulled me in from the beginning!!

20. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    That was sweet, I am glad Moth got out safe, and with his parents. Looks like things will be all good.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    'The Force couldn't save our Bantn but it gave us another one.' She shared her thought with her Jedi son.

Moth smiled, bittersweetly and nodded.

[face_love]

=D=

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Thanks for the meal it was fantastic.

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a lovely reunion between Moth and his parents!

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

I'm glad he was able to see them and get Bantn off the planet.

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

24. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

I love that line! I'm SO happy Moth got out with his family all safe, great update! =D= =D=

25. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    'You know I hate it when you do this!' Moth could hear her scold her husband.

"Yah! Yah! Yah!" He said out loud.

LOL!

That was a good update. Somehow though, I don't think that particular chapter is quite closed. I suspect more bad news will be coming in the future. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.