main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Essence of Dagobah (Padawan Yoda story) 7/ 3 /07 Yoda Best Non Human Thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've said it before, but I must say it again - you've made me LIKE Yoda! :eek:

Glad to see this one updated! =D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I like how you show the bond between the two strengthening.

[face_laugh] That note just made me laugh out loud... as did this:

Very good update. =D= Thank you for the PM. :)

3. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Funny how they all think Yoda is vermin! [face_laugh] I like where this is going! Keep PM-ing me! :)

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Yoda peeked out from behind Moth?s leg and snorted, ?Humm! Taken him, I could have.?

Most definitely. I still totally love your Yoda.

The back door opened and a much more presentable lady came in. Moth looked surprised at the change and her doing it in the back yard. As if she knew his thoughts she explained, ?I be having a cleaning room in my gardening shed so I not be tracking mud into the house. Oh, my manners be escaping me, my name?s Taryn.

I like Taryn and I'm curious to learn more about her.

Great update, can't wait for more! =D= =D=

5. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    but Moth knew he was because his ears move when he smiles.

LOL!

The old man just sighed and handed him a board with a note clipped to it.

"Don't be bothering to talk to old Angus, he only know six words in basic and three you don't want to hear. If you managed to land without killing yourself or someone else come to the last cottage on the left."

Good ol' Angus and his two words for polite society. :p They must be "Over there!" lol.

I loved that, 'if you managed to land' gib, lol!

Another update, another great update! =D=

6. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    [face_laugh] Love Angus, he's hysterical!
    Nice update! A reader's tip is watch your commas. I noticed some sentences were run-on, which can be distracting from your intriguing writing. ;)

7. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Yoda getting chased and swatted at with a broom, that was priceless. Very good update, can't wait for more.

8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Well done again. Thanks for the update and I be looking forward to more.

9. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Kelia: Yep Yoda knows how to impress.

Vader Lvr: I've corrupted a mod.[face_worried]

Alexis Windstar: Glad you liked it.

Darth Muis: Where I come from little green with claws is vermin.:D

Lily: Thanks I love writing Yoda.

Brentus: Yep I thought Angus was funny too.

justisjedi: Thanks for the tip I tend to get excited when I write.

Cody Mon Kenobi: Thanks More's here

darth gresh: Thanks and your welcome

Chapter Eighteen ? Shock and Awe

Moth woke up to the unfamiliar sound of the tropics. He lay there enjoying the smells of dew on the flower and the smell of Taryn?s cooking coming from the next cottage. She insisted on cooking for the ?men? as she called Yoda and him. Surprisingly enough Yoda liked her cooking maybe the tart aromatic roots had something to do with it. As Moth coaxed his eyes open he was greeted by a green face looking him eye to eye.

He screamed and jumped to his feet causing a large lizard to fall off his chest. The sounds of scurrying, the lizard out, Yoda coming in lightsaber buzzing and Taryn running up the walk and bursting in with a large wooden spoon, added to the confusion. As the morning light came in the door it became more evident what had been resting on his chest.

?Hen-Rey, you be scaring our visitors.? Taryn scolded the lizard, picked him up and shooed him out into the garden. ?He?s harmless, really he is.? She assured Moth as she turned back to see him sliding his tunic over his head. ?Oh, excuse me I didn?t mean to burst in on you in your night clothes. I heard you scream and forgot meself.?

?That?s perfectly all right I was just startled at waking up to Hen-Rey sitting on my chest. I thought Yoda?d procreated.? Moth tried to explain then realized his Padawan was insulted.

?Throw my offspring onto the floor, would you? Humm!? Yoda huffed, shut off his lightsaber and turned to get his robe.

?Sorry, I didn?t mean it to sound like that.? Moth muddled through an apology.

Taryn snickered, ?I be never hearing a man scream at quite that pitch before.? She quickly composed herself as she saw Moth blush. ?Sorry, morning meal be ready.?

~ ~ ~

After morning meal Moth and Yoda went out to the meadow beside the cottage to do their morning kata. As they slowly preformed the moves Moth started to see small faces peeking through the fence at them. It appeared Yoda was drawing a crowd. He could hear murmuring of a discussion among them.

Finally, a small skinny girl spoke up, ?They be wanting to join you if you done be minding.?

Moth smiled, they took that as permission and scampered over the fence, lining up beside Yoda and awkwardly started imitating his moves. The little girl continued to peek around the fence. ?You don?t want to join us??

?Girls don?t be doing that here.? She said sadly.

?Where I come from they do.? Moth enlightened her.

She paused for a minute, looked both ways then slid between the rails of the fence and lined up by Moth. ?Like this??

?Yes, just like that, now try this.? He complimented her and showed her the next move. She moved as he did and grinned up at him her green eyes shining.

?That?s enough for a first lesson, we don?t want you getting sore. Do you want to practice with us in the morning too.? Moth offered and four little blonde heads bobbed.

?Hurry on to school and I will see you in the morning.? He watched as they slipped through the fence and down the road to the school, arriving before the teacher came out with the bell.

?I think I am going to like it here don?t you?? Moth looked down at this Padawan, who smiled in agreement.

~`~`~`~

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hehe, I'd be insulted, too. [face_laugh]

*Covers her mouth to hide a snicker*

=D= I can't wait for more!

11. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    And suddenly, it's a cute story. With an idyllic setting! I like it. Moth is a well-written character and like I've said before and will probably say many more times in this thread: I really love your Yoda! Keep me updated! :)

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Yes, just like that, now try this.? He complimented her and showed her the next move. She moved as he did and grinned up at him her green eyes shining.

?That?s enough for a first lesson, we don?t want you getting sore. Do you want to practice with us in the morning too.? Moth offered and four little blonde heads bobbed.

?Hurry on to school and I will see you in the morning.? He watched as they slipped through the fence and down the road to the school, arriving before the teacher came out with the bell.

?I think I am going to like it here don?t you?? Moth looked down at this Padawan, who smiled in agreement.

=D=

13. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    yay they are finally happy. good update.

14. elcid

elcid Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I love this story. Hope to read more of this story or other works you have done..

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh poor Moth!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

At least he has Taryn and Yoda to protect him.

I loved the younglings joining them for their morning katas. Very sweet.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    He screamed and jumped to his feet causing a large lizard to fall off his chest.

LOL! Screamed like a girl. Over a lizard? [face_shame_on_you] Poor Kotn.

"He's harmless, really he is."

Try telling that to the mess Kotn just made. :p

"That's perfectly all right I was just startled at waking up to Hen-Rey sitting on my chest. I thought Yoda'd procreated."

*falls on the floor laughing*

Oh my, that was hilarious!

"Where I come from they do." Moth enlightened her.

Maybe, but you're not there, you're here. :p

Another wonderful update. That was certainly a great shock, but where was the awe?

17. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005

AN: The awe from the last chapter comes from the little girls respect for Moth and Yoda's abilities.

Chapter Nineteen ? Discovery

The trek into the mountains was long and arduous, made more so by having to follow Taryn and hear her singing as she set the brisk pace. The gravity must be stronger on this planet than what I am accustomed to Moth thought. It didn?t help that Yoda was bouncing along as if he was on springs, tasting plants and fungi as he bounded. Moth cringed when he realized Taryn was taking a break for his benefit.

?It?s the air.? Taryn announced as she settled on a rock.

?Pardon me.? Moth replied, puzzled at her statement.

?You be wondering why you?re having trouble breathing. It?s the air, it?s thinner here than on most planets.? Taryn explained then realized she read his mind without permission. ?Sorry, I seem to be having trouble staying out of your head.?

Moth tried to think back over his mental observations of her and the trip to see if any were offensive.

?I have to think to hear others from around here but for some reason you are an open book.? Taryn explained then realized he was even more embarrassed. ?No, I wasn?t offended by your observation of how my skirt moves. Oh! Grub worms, I?m shutting up now.?

?I was aware of the inhabitants being strong in the Force.? Moth started and realized she wasn?t familiar with the word Force. ?The Force is the energy that binds everything together and assist us in moving things,? He floated a pale yellow flower over to her. ?like this.?

He enjoyed the blush spreading across her nose and cheeks. ?It assist us in being where we are needed and even allows us to hear others thoughts.?

?Around here it?s called ?being touched by the wind? and it gets you into trouble or at least it always does me.? Taryn looked down at her hands resting in her lap as she thought of some of the times she got caught being touched by the wind. ?I can?t count the times I?ve?? She allowed her voice to trail off as she heard Moth think.

?That is one of the things I have come to help with. To find younglings and get them training at the Jedi Temple before they have bad experiences with the wind.?

?Can you help me with training at the Temple?? Taryn asked hopefully. ?I always seem to be in trouble with the wind.?

?No, I am afraid you are a little to old for training but I think Jei is just about the right age. I noticed she is strong in ... touched by the wind. Maybe we could help her together.?

?Yes, she is becoming the talk of the village practicing the moves with you and Yoda. Not a girl thing to do around here.? Taryn warned Moth.

?Have I gotten her in trouble with her parents?? Moth asked concerned for Jei.

?Not from her father, he would let her have his head if she asked for it but some of the older ones are a being nosy. Dale be strong enough to keep them at bay.? She assured him.

?I be ... Sorry, I noticed she doesn?t have a mother was that a recent occurrence.? Moth asked.

?She died about a year ago of a fever. It seems she didn?t respond well to the medicine. I be trying to help with her where I can and no, I be not sweet on him. We?re more attracted to the porch post than to each other.?

Moth couldn?t help but grin at her colloquialisms. ?Where?s Yoda??

?I sees him down by the stream picking the berries I use for muffins.? Taryn pointed him out as she got up. ?We best be moving if we plan to get home before dark.?

As they caught up with Yoda Moth said, ?I?m surprised at you for running off like that Yoda.?

Yoda turned and smiled at them, showed them his find. ?Thought privacy, you might be wanting.? He said all knowingly.

Moth cleared his throat. ?It?s getting late how much farther to the mountain meadow with the plants we?re looking for.?

~`~`~`~

18. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    "No, I wasn't offended by your observation of how my skirt moves. Oh! Grub worms, I'm shutting up now."

Hehe, love is on the wind methinks.

"No, I am afraid you are a little to old for training but I think Jei is just about the right age.

[face_shame_on_you] Kotn, you could have been nicer about saying that.

"Thought privacy, you might be wanting."

Hehe, he wasn't away long enough. ;)

Another great chapter so soon after the other one this time!

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was very sweet.

I love Kotn's awkwardness and Taryn's boldness

[face_love][face_love][face_love]

?Thought privacy, you might be wanting.?

I knew Yoda was a old/young softie inside!!

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    This was really sweet! But I have a bad feeling... is this story going to turn out to be partly why the council in later years prohibits relationships? I think too much :oops:

The trek into the mountains was long and arduous, made more so by having to follow Taryn and hear her singing as she set the brisk pace. The gravity must be stronger on this planet than what I am accustomed to Moth thought. It didn?t help that Yoda was bouncing along as if he was on springs, tasting plants and fungi as he bounded. Moth cringed when he realized Taryn was taking a break for his benefit.

?It?s the air.? Taryn announced as she settled on a rock.

?Pardon me.? Moth replied, puzzled at her statement.

?You be wondering why you?re having trouble breathing. It?s the air, it?s thinner here than on most planets.? Taryn explained then realized she read his mind without permission. ?Sorry, I seem to be having trouble staying out of your head.?

Moth tried to think back over his mental observations of her and the trip to see if any were offensive.

?I have to think to hear others from around here but for some reason you are an open book.? Taryn explained then realized he was even more embarrassed. ?No, I wasn?t offended by your observation of how my skirt moves. Oh! Grub worms, I?m shutting up now.?

?I was aware of the inhabitants being strong in the Force.? Moth started and realized she wasn?t familiar with the word Force. ?The Force is the energy that binds everything together and assist us in moving things,? He floated a pale yellow flower over to her. ?like this.?

He enjoyed the blush spreading across her nose and cheeks. ?It assist us in being where we are needed and even allows us to hear others thoughts.?

[face_laugh] Ah, a budding romance! [face_love] @};-

Thank you for the PM. [face_peace]

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks again for the PM dear! I'm really liking Taryn :D

Great work! LOL about Yoda being bashful around the ladies [face_laugh] Loved that!

Yoda ain't a ninny when it comes to knowing when folks need 'privacy' [face_mischief]

Great chapters!

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A bashful Yoda??? Who knew!? ;)

=D=

23. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    Hihi, that was funny! :) Good update!

24. elcid

elcid Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I like your story. Can you let me know when you write another part to this story.

25. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    I have been enjoying your story so much that I felt obligated to at least thank you for posting it and sharing it with us. I eagerly await your next installment.

GY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.