main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Essence of Dagobah (Padawan Yoda story) 7/ 3 /07 Yoda Best Non Human Thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Great updates again. Always look forward to reading your newest chapters.

2. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
  3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    New chapter coming soon.

4. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005

Chapter Twenty ? Refining

Moth stood over the pot of boiling herbs and frowned. ?This is defiantly medicine if it tastes as bad as it smells it will cure the common chill.? Kotn heard the door creek behind him and realized Taryn was coming in behind him. ?Did she hear that??

Her smile answered his question. ?I be... I am ready to strain it now. If you would like to assist me??

Moth picked up the heavy pot and drained the offending liquid in a separate pot. Taryn handed him a second set of herbs to stir into the mixture while she picked up the pot to dispose of the horrendous liquid.

?Pardon, plans for that do you have?? Yoda asked.

Taryn looked down at him as she blinked to keep her eyes from watering. ?Why do you want to know??

?Add some of the roots in the basket over there and supper I will have.?

Taryn turned and looked at Moth for assurance she was hearing correctly. Moth smiled and nodded, ?He has some strange dietary habits.?

Taryn handed him the pot and said, ?Be my guest.?

They both watched as Yoda carved roots into the mixture humming to himself in anticipation of the delicacy to come. ?Where did you find him?? Taryn asked.

?I didn?t! He found me and we traced him back over half the galaxy looking for his place of origin and couldn?t find it.? Moth informed her.

Yoda smiled as he stirred his concoction, listening to their discussing him. An hour later he was slurping up the fruits of his labor.

~ ~ ~

Taryn dried her hands on her apron as she hurried to the door, visitors were unusual when she was in her herb shed out back. ?Dale, what?s wrong?? She asked as she noticed his worried expression.

?I come ta talk ta your company about Jei and wanted you there when I do.? The large husky man said solemnly.

?Sure come on in Moth and Yoda are helping me with one of me remedies.?

?I know, the whole village knows when you?re fix?n your stink medicines. You can hear Angus fuss?n all the way to the next valley.?

?Well not everyone hates my concoctions, Yoda eats them for first meal.? Taryn huffed.

Dale fanned his hand trying to wave the smell away. ?Yeah, we can tell that too.?

?I know you didn?t come to complain about my cooking. What?s wrong?? Taryn asked as she got to where Moth stood.

?Well, some of the relatives are fussin? about ya teachin? Jei to do that touched by the wind stuff. Personally, I don?t see any harm in it; her Mom could do some of it and we had no problems at all with it. Well, til she got sick and ?? He stopped and look down at his shoes composing himself to continue.

?Dale you know her fever had nothing to do with the things she could do.? Taryn assured him for the thousandth time.

?Yes, I know but they?ve vowed to make my life miserable til I talk ta you ?bout it. So here I am.? Dale clearly didn?t want to deal with what he knew would come of the conversation.

?I know how it is for people to deal with the unknown and how superstitious they can become be but the Force is nothing to fear.? Moth assured him also.

?Yes but you can?t explain away stupidity and they?re really stupid.? Dale looked over his shoulder at the houses down the row.

?What is it you want us to do? ? Moth asked.

?I want ta keep my girl with me but they won?t let her stay and be taught here so? I need ya to take her to Couruscamt to be taught properly.?

Moth smiled at his pronunciation of Coruscant. ?Are you sure??

?It?s what her Mom wanted for herself and what she would?ve wanted for Jei.?

?I?ll make the arrangements right away.? Moth comforted him with a pat on the back. ?It is the right thing to do for her.?

?I know but not the right thing fur me. Could Taryn go with you to take her ta the Temple??

?I don?t see why not if she wants to.? Moth said as he turned to Taryn.

?It?d make me feel alot better if she checked things out fur me.? Dale said softer than you would think a man of his size could.

~ ~ ~

Jei bounced with joy as they prepared to go. She hugged her father so tight his

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I loved the little banter about Yoda's dietary habits.

Jei is so cute!

First Yoda, then his neice, and now Jei... at this rate, Moth is gonna recruit a hundred initiates to the Order by the end of the story. :p

Great update! =D= Thanks for the PM.

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Great job, more more!.
    Update soon you must.

:D

7. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I don't know how I managed to miss a post, I am very sorry for that. This was a really good chapter. I guess this is where Taryn starts working at the temple. Jei is very very cute. You write children so well, it is a skill I am afraid that I haven't done very well. Keep up the great work and thanks for the PM.

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I've been so far behind with this wonderful story, but I've finally caught up.

Taryn turned and looked at Moth for assurance she was hearing correctly. Moth smiled and nodded, ?He has some strange dietary habits.?

That's for sure! [face_laugh]

"No, I wasn't offended by your observation of how my skirt moves. Oh! Grub worms, I'm shutting up now."

This just struck me as funny.

Wonderful updates, I can't wait for the next one as always. =D= =D=

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well at least Yoda found some use for what would have otherwise been thrown out. Still the idea of it...[face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]

I'm glad to see Taryn is on her way to the Temple as well. She can learn to properly use her talents and Jei will have a familiar face.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! :D

Jei bounced with joy as they prepared to go. She hugged her father so tight his face turned a slight shade of pink. ?Now don?t worry about me papa I?ll be good and learn to do all kinds of things with the wind. I?ll think of you and momma every night before I go ta sleep. Every time you see a star you?ll know I love you and so will I? you that is.? She stopped to try to figure out if that came out correctly.

Dale smiled at her rambling thought. ?I?ll look up at the stars every night them. If you ever need me I?ll always come to help you, in any way I can.?

?I know that and I?ll come help you too.? Jei bubbled. ?I have to go it?s a long way there.?

She hugged him one last time and skipped up the ramp. Taryn strapped her in to a seat and slowly the ship lifted off. The blue sky through the view window soon turned black and her adventure began.

=D=

11. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    "Pardon, plans for that do you have?" Yoda asked.

Uh-oh, I don't like the sound of that. Sounds like he's got a hankerin' fer some stew. [face_sick]

They both watched as Yoda carved roots into the mixture humming to himself in anticipation of the delicacy to come.

Yup, I knew it. [face_sick]

"I know how it is for people to deal with the unknown and how superstitious they can become be but the Force is nothing to fear." Moth assured him also.

Except for those people who've been hurt by dark Jedi in the past. [face_mischief]

She hugged him one last time and skipped up the ramp.

I hope she'll keep skipping when it comes time to put her shoulder to the wheel and her nose to the grindstone... wait, that came out wrong. :p

12. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Good update. Nice to see the story moving along! He's quite good at finding padawans, that Moth... [face_laugh]

And congrats on the nomination!

13. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Thank you, a Joy as always.

[face_peace]

14. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Thank you everyone who voted for me or those who just read I appreciate you all.

15. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Just found this.

This is great - love Yoda!

Is it too much to hope for another update??

16. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Thank you everyone for reading and voting for Essence I hope to have something up this week.

My muse has had a bad case of nerves. Okay so I channeled that nervousness into Taryn. She's loonie so no one would notice.

17. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Sounds good.

18. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    bumpy bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.