main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ETERNITY #1; War of the Heart [Jaina/Kyp/Cenev] (All over folks) *Completed* August 25th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, May 23, 2002.

1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    UP! :D

Jae Angel

2. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Have any of you picked up the back story to this? I've been dropping hints as to what took place between Clara and Kyp that led to their explosive break up. Have any of you worked it out yet?

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm not sure, but I'm always glad when I can't guess the ending. I'm notorious for doing that, and if you've managed to keep me from it then you're dropping the hints very well. :)

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Kyp is Cenev's father. ;) Heh, if I'm wrong then that might be good for a laugh. :D

Jae Angel

4. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Not his father, but nearly his Uncle!!! :D Cenev is the son of Clinton Maganna, Clara's younger twin brother, and his wife Liana Mia'jon.

But you did pick up on something that I want to point out about Kyp and Cenev's relationship!

...the look on his (Kyps's) face similar to that of a concerned father for a son.

5. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    It's all coming into focus... :D

Great job tjp!

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome post Princess, keep posting.

7. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Okay, let me point out those hints:

Kyp glared at him. ?What? You wanted me to forgive her just like that? After what she did? That I should have just said ?go ahead and flirt with a married man, I don?t care???

?And its okay for you to flirt with that same mans wife?? Cenev returned the glare.

"...Right after she, Uncle Luke, and Lando Calrissian managed to get back from being stranded on that planet. Clara and Uncle Luke were close after that.?

It had also been about then that Kyp and Luke had stopped talking civilly to each other, and Mara had lost all respect for Kyp.

Understand now? :D

8. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Oh my God! :eek: I understand now!
    Clara was flirting with Luke and Kyp was flirting with Mara....
    Wait a minute... Kyp and Mara? :eek: :eek: Maybe Kyp was just trying to make Clara jealous, am I right? I don't think he was interested at all in Mara.

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for pointing that out, I can't really seeing Kyp flirt with Mara like that, but hay it was a cool and shocking thought.

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Man, I don't know about Kyp flirting with Mara. They seem to really hate each other. ;)

Please post more soon! :D

Jae Angel

11. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Why do you think they hate each other? The whole story will come out in a later post.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------

Jaina slipped in the doorway of her Aunt and Uncle?s room. In the crib in the corner, she spotted Ben sleeping calmly. Mara looked at her by the reflection in the mirror as she carefully pinned her fiery hair up. Her face stilled held a tired look, but she looked stronger then she had the last time Jaina had seen her.

?Can I talk with you??

?Sure.? Mara finished pinning her hair up and turned the chair to face Jaina. She gestured to the bed. ?Sit down, Jaina, and tell me what has been troubling you these last few days.?

Jaina glanced at her as she sat on the bed. ?You?ve noticed??

?I used to train you, remember??

Jaina smiled.

Mara straightened her top. ?What I?ve noticed Jaina, is that from the day Cenev began moving about again, you?ve seemed a little distracted. Especially when you?re with Cenev and Kyp, and even more so when your on your own.? She leaned forward. ?You haven?t been sleeping well, either. I can sense it when I?m feeding Ben in the middle of the night.?

Jaina sighed. ?I would go to Mum, but I don?t think she?d listen. Its not that she wouldn?t be interested, its just? who it involves.?

Mara started laughing. ?Ah yes. Boys!? She came to sit on the bed beside Jaina. ?Now, tell me who, although I think I can guess one.?

Jaina smiled, her heart quickening at the thought of him. ?Cenev. He?s changed so much. He used to just be the boy whom I trained with, but now??

Mara smiled, turning her wedding ring around on her finger. ?I know just what you mean.? She cleared her throat. ?Who?s the second boy??

Jaina glanced at her cautiously. ?That?s the problem??

?Just tell me.?

Jaina drew in a deep breath. ?Its? its Kyp.?

?What!? Mara lurched to her feet and began pacing the room. ?I can?t believe this, Jaina. Kyp Durron!!! The man is 16 years older then you for kriff sake!!!?

?I know, and I don?t care.? Jaina glared at her Aunt. ?You?re not helping.?

Mara glared at her. ?What do you expect!!! I mean? Kyp Durron!!!?

?This is exactly why I couldn?t tell Mum.? Jaina sighed. ?I?m confused. I like them both, but I know that she wouldn?t agree with either of them.?

?Your certainly right about that.? Mara closed her eyes and forced herself to calm down. ?I have say one thing; you certainly have a way with the rogues.?

Jaina smiled. ?They are, aren?t they.?

Mara nodded, sitting on the bed again. ?I?ve heard about what happened in the garden room, so I know that Kyp has already made his move. But what about Cenev??

Jaina shook her head. ?Its like? like he doesn?t feel that way. He?s always watching me, but when I try to get close, he moves away.?

Mara smiled, a knowing look on her face. ?Just remember that he?s a Maganna, Jaina. The son of Clinton, one of the shyest men I know.?

?Who also became a father at 16,? Jaina pointed out. ?And married the mother of his two children two weeks after they were reunited. He might have been shy, but he always showed what he felt. Even Mum could tell you that.? She looked away. ?Cenev?s different.?

?We?re all different, Jaina.? Mara touched her shoulder. ?Personally, I believe that what we?re looking at is fresh, untouched flesh.?

Jaina glanced sharply at her. ?What do you mean??

?What I mean, is that despite the fact he is 19, he has never loved.? Mara grinned. ?He doesn?t know what to do.?

Jaina shook her head in disbelief. ?I doubt that. Not Cenev. He?s got everything going for him; good looks, great personality, a kind heart. How could he have not loved??

?Easily.? Mara paused. ?I also believe him to be the sort of person who doesn?t like hurting people. He?s scared of hurting those he loves.?

?He?s been hurt himself.? Jaina told her about the conversation in the hallway.

Mara nodded. ?Yes, you?re right. Something has indeed happened. Give him time, and he?ll tell you.? She glanced at Jaina. ?If he does, tell me, but no one else.?

Jai

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Man, Mara certainly hasn't forgotten about Kyp's flirting! ;)

Great job!! :D

Jae Angel

13. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Good post! I loved the talk between Jaina and Mara. :)

14. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm back and I'm diggin this! More soon!

15. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Thanks guys. The next post is a short one, but meaningful. Then, I believe, the mushfest begins!!!

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow great post. Can't wait for the next one.

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay mushfest!!! :D I can't wait! Ya know, if Jag were cool like Cenev then I wouldn't mind any sort of mush going on in the books. But alas, Jag is not "teh kewl" as Genghis12 would say. ;) But I LOVE this triangle! :D

Jae Angel

18. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Love Kyp-Jaina mush, but look Jaina over there. Fresh, untouched flesh [face_devil] ;) 7

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I know, I couldn't help looking at the fresh, untouched flesh if I were Jaina! ;)

Hey, I had a dream last night that I saw a thread for a story with just Cenev in it. Do you have any stories like that written? :)

Jae Angel

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    UP! More soon please! :)

Jae Angel

21. Rev_Leidu

Rev_Leidu Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2001
    *is supporting Kyp* :D More soon!

22. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Like Cenev, do we? No. There are no stories with just Cenev. Most of what I have written with Cenev in it has him as a 13-year-old.[/color]

?Thick or thin??

?Definitely thick.?

?Large or small??

?I would say large.?

Kyp shook his head. ?I give up. I can?t think of anything in this room that matches that description.?

Cenev grinned, pointing his fork toward Kyp. ?Your head.?

?Why you little?? He picked up a handful of nuts and threw them at the younger man.

Cenev shielded his face with his arm, chuckling. He leaned forward. ?Well-?

The two men?s heads jerked around to face the doorway as Jaina stepped into the room. She grinned over at them and waved, before turning to wait for her Aunt, who carried the cooing Ben in her arms.

?She is so hot,? Kyp said softly.

Cenev sighed. ?Yeah??

Kyp glanced sharply at the teen, but Cenev was already shovelling food into his mouth. Kyp shook it off, believing that he had simply imagined it. Cenev watched him out of the top of his eye, sighing with relief that Kyp wasn?t going to comment on his slip of the tongue.

23. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Because of my absense, I think I owe you the long post. Or should I say; the begining of the mush![/color]

Jaina walked through the garden room, once again reminiscing about that kiss. She wondered if Kyp would ever try to kiss her again. Probably. But this time, would she let him? Definitely. She was amazed by how quickly opinions and feelings toward a person could change. It had been nearly a month now since that day, and things had moved at hyperspeed ever since.

She looked up toward the vines. And then there was Cenev. She was sure now that he liked her, and had a feeling that Mara had been right; he was unsure of what to do, and was scared of hurting her. He had even said it himself when she had asked him to spar with her; I?m afraid I?m too strong for you Jaina, and I could never bring myself to do anything to hurt you...

Her eyes moved along the vine, and spotted a ledge at one end of the room. She walked toward the wall, caught hold of one of the hanging vines, and climbed. She pulled herself up onto the ledge... and found Cenev.

He was sitting in a tight ball, eyes unfocused, face impassive. Jaina began to lower herself back down when he spoke.

?Don?t go.?

She stopped, looking up. He turned to face her. ?Please don?t go.?

She moved along the ledge and sat beside him. ?What?s wrong? Why are you up here alone??

?I like being alone,? he looked away. ?I feel safer.?

?What happened to you??

He sighed. ?I think its time I told someone.? He squeezed his eyes closed. ?My mother tried to kill me.?

Jaina started. ?What??

He nodded. ?You heard. It happened just over four years ago, when I?d just turned 15. It was around then that it became evident that I was no ordinary Jedi, but a Shadow Knight, a Cathern?win, like my father and Aunt.? He glanced sideways at Jaina. ?You remember what a Cathern?win is, don?t you??

She nodded. ?I remember overhearing Clara tell Uncle Luke once. Cathern?win?s a legend on Dathomir, the human version of the legendary night birds, the Cathern?waul?s. It was believed that one day, a group of beings would be born, beings who would be impossible to kill, and who would fight for what they believed, yet have no one alliance. They would be the most powerful beings to walk in the galaxy. Clarrisani and Clinanginty were the first of their kind.?

?Now I?m one.? Cenev nodded. ?When my mother found out, she became angry. She was already jealous of Clara, and now me.?

?What about your father??

?She owned him,? he smiled. ?Or so she thought.? The smile faded. ?She wanted to be able to do what we could, so she turned to the one thing that would give her that edge; spice.?

Jaina paled. ?But she?s a Jedi! She already had that edge!?

?That?s what we tried to tell her, but she wouldn?t listen.? He shuddered. ?I walked in one day to find her preparing some of her spice. I grabbed it off her, and threw it in the recycler. As I turned, I suddenly found myself thrown back, pain tearing through me.? He raised one hand, fingers clawed, sparks of blue energy dancing between them. ?She was using Force lightening to punish me for interfering. I hit the floor hard, shattering my left arm.?

He clenched his fist, lowering his hand. ?Uncle Micheal walked in, and used the Force to throw her away from me. He rushed to me, only to find himself flung back across the room. He hit one of the beams that lined the wall headfirst. We found out later he had received multiple fractures to the skull, which was why he didn?t get up.

?I began dragging myself toward him, my lower body paralysed. In doing so, I turned my back to her, and she came up behind me.? He touched his throat. ?She wrapped her arm around my throat, choking me, calling me her ?devil child?.?

He choked back a sob, tears streaking his cheeks. Jaina reached out, gently running a hand through his hair, but he didn?t notice.

?I tried to loosen her grip,? he continued. ?But with only one arm... And I was already weak. Just as things bega

24. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Circle, square, nooooo triangle- love triangle. I just wanted Jaina to look, not touch. [face_mischief] 7

25. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow! :eek: Poor Cenev! Not only has his past sucked, he's going to get into trouble with Kyp now! :p

Jae Angel