main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN EU Discussion Thread v. 2 - LOTF, KotOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, Legacy and more! (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    My first reaction was the blonde Jedi in Dark Times looks like Lucius Malfoy. Not that it's a bad thing. :p

RE: Legacy 19 preview.
    "I've got a bad feeling about this." [face_worried]

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    That's what I said! "Look, Tim. Malfoy in SW!" [face_laugh]

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Has anybody read Dark Times yet? I read it last night and - uh - damn, that's depressing. And 7 pages from the end....EW. [face_sick] Just...EWWW!!!!! I seriously felt sick.

And Vader...

Somebody else needs to read this so we can chat.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This is the one with him contemplating the slavery, right? I need to order that one. I finally cancelled after they kept putting it off...

5. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yeah, that's one of his scenes.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

It's very much early Dark Lord-era Vader where he's still having flashbacks to his time with Padme and not quite sure what to do with himself.

I expected him to break-out into some whoop-ass after he found out about the women & children being sold into slavery, but he just walked off, brooding. 'course, we're very early in the story and I hope that this series incorporates him coming into his own end-of-Dark Lord style.

ETA: The art is gorgeous and Vader looks awesome! The rest of the cast is great, too. Dass Jennir is the newest addition to my Hawt-Awesome Jedi list. [face_mischief]

Comic Cellar had it on the shelf when I went and the owner said it only takes him about a week to get trades in, if you want to have him order it and not pay shipping.

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I just ordered in from Amazon using one click so I get free two day shipping. I should have it early next week, if I don't break down and get it early. Or read yours. [face_mischief]

Vader during that Dark Lord time was still a little bit Anakin, but learning to be Vader, and for the most part, walked away from his past life so I can see him walking away brooding. After all, to show he cared would be to give in to Anakin. ;) He did a lot of brooding in Dark Lord. The guy that did the art for this one, did a lot of the Empire and Dark Times art, it's awesome. Anyone who can draw Vader like that has my love. [face_love]

The new Malfoy Jedi is hot. [face_love] But unless something happens, you know Vader's gonna kill him. ;)

7. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Uh, yeah. I read this yesterday during lunch, and it isn't warm and fuzzy.

Vader = [face_love]

I like the Malfoy Jedi, too. [face_batting]

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
  9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    o_O And a girl padawn, to boot...

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Uh, yeah...

In the new Clone Wars series....

So he has this padawan and NEVER mentions her???

WTH?

You can tell they've learned the way to kick start a show/book is mention something new about Anakin/Vader and the buzz starts. He's like their free ride or something. Man, I can see continuity buffs foaming at the mouth already.

11. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I will echo Rhonda's WTH. I'm reserving judgment for now.

12. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I received my copy of KOTOR #25 (or Vector #1) last night. The story was entertaining, but the art left alot to be desired.

RE Legacy #19.....dang you, Trace. [face_frustrated] With everything going on with the house and job, I had forgotten that Legacy was due out this week. I'm trying to be good and stay away from spoilers.

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Comic Cellar didn't have Vector but I've seen a lot of crying about the art.

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS ABOUT LEGACY 19!! Trust me. You want to see it via John & Jan first. [face_hypnotized]

14. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Well, it made me long for the art from the Daze of Hate arc that is included in the 2nd TPB. [face_plain] I'll bring it with me tomorrow.

EDITED TO ADD: Per the Dark Horse website, the same artist is drawing all of the KOTOR Vector issues. The folks in Lit are going to love that nugget.

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    New stuff announced by Dark Horse comics: :D

DARK TIMES #11 - VECTOR part 5

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWdarktimes11.jpg]

Mick Harrison (W), Douglas Wheatley (P), Dave McCaig (C), and Travis Charest (Cover)
    On sale May 14

The biggest Star Wars story of 2008 comes to the era of the Empire as Darth Vader's pursuit of power releases a force unlike any he's ever witnessed!

Beginning the second phase in a yearlong, galaxy-changing storyline, part five of Vector puts the smuggling crew of the Uhumele in their toughest predicament yet, puts Darth Vader in a traitor's sights, and potentially puts the entire galaxy at risk!

Be there as Star Wars history is made!

Who is that woman with Vader? Is that Celeste from KOTOR? And she's got that talisman thingy... [face_thinking]

LEGACY # 24

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWlegacy24.jpg]

John Ostrander (W), Jan Duursema (P/C), Dan Parsons (I), and Brad Anderson (C/Cover)
    On sale May 21

Cade Skywalker determines to deal with the Empire once and for all in this conclusion to one of the most important stories of the year!

When a reunion with old friends is compromised by an Imperial intrusion, Cade realizes there's only one way to stop the Sith - a way that requires a fast ship, a custom-made blaster, and most of all, allies you can trust. Yet not all in his party are who they seem to be, and if Cade's not careful, he might just doom the galaxy's last ray of hope to a dark and devastating fate.

Introduces a surprising new member to the Legacy cast!

Hell to the YES, baybee! [face_love]

KOTOR # 29

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWKOTOR29.jpg]

John Jackson Miller (W), Bong Dazo (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Dustin Weaver (Cover)
    On sale May 28

Fugitive Padawan Zayne Carrick's quest to clear his name takes him to a secret storehouse of Sith artifacts collected by the Jedi Masters who framed him!

Propelled by the events in Vector, Zayne and his con-artist companion Gryph commit to a new course in exposing the dark actions of the secret Jedi Covenant. Yet doing so will take them not only to the homeworld of one of Zayne's murdering Masters, but into the most highly guarded place on the planet!

This new adventure promises Star Wars at its most personal with consequences at their most epic!

WTK did Jarael do to her hair?!? :eek: Zayne be lookin' good! :cool:

16. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    [face_hypnotized] Uh.....I will QFT your comment about Jarael's hair. Where's the rest of her clothes? I like the fact that it's Zayne and Jarael on the cover, though. [face_mischief]

17. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Um, what is Vader....doing? o_O

18. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I'm not sure I want the answer. [face_worried]

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Uhhhh... I don't remember Vader being in the "Sleeping Beauty" story.

20. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Sure he was in Snow White.

He was one of the not so short dwarfs.

You know, robot-y???

Cool info on the Dark Horse up coming stuff...

21. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    No, that was Dark Helmet

//hides his dolls quickly.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    [face_laugh]

"I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"

23. Jedi Trace