main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU inclusive Grand Trilogy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor_Ewok, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I've been thinking about George Lucas's original idea of telling the story over 9 films and I that that some of the pre ROTS EU novels would work very well in that regard, so tell me how this sounds:

Ep.I The Phantom Menace
    Ep.II The Approaching Storm
    Ep.III Attck of the Clones

Ep.IV Labyrinth of Evil
    Ep.V Revenge of the Sith
    Ep.VI The Rise of Darth Vader

Ep.VII A New Hope
    Ep.VIII The Empire Strikes Back
    Ep.IX Return of the Jedi

2. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Interesting. I heard TAP wasn't very good, so I think some people won't like the idea of it being a movie. I like the idea though. Cool.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Well you could probably do Rogue Planet instead, I think that TAP would work better because it would serve as an introduction for Count Dooku as well as the Clone War. The other thing that migh work is to film Jedi Trial as Ep.III Although personally I think that AOTC works better in the number three spot when you consider the fact AOTC marks the beginning of Anakin's descent into darkness while LOE, ROTS and TRODV depict the actual fall.

4. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    Personally I think that both Rogue Planet and The Aproaching Storm would be awful movies.

The other chance would be Cloak of Deception as EpI but I don´t think it would do a very exciting movie neither.... oh yeah, and there´s no Anakin...

Alright.. maybe TAS is the better choice indeed

5. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    You run into quite a few problems when trying to convert books to films. Especially bad books.

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Rogue Planet has no real connection to the core saga. You know. Anakin Skywalker. Luke Skywalker. The Jedi. The Sith. Zonoma Sekot. Wait... Zonoma Sekot!?! I just don't see it holding much relevence. Give Tarkin more screen time? I think his RotS cameo does just fine to lead into the OT portion of the "Grand Trilogy."

I've always felt that the Dark Empire trilogy would be a perfect story to port to a "sequel trilogy." It's free from needless tangents such as alien Imperials and other uniquely-EU creations, and very much related to the core saga.

In fact, it would be absolutely awesome if, similar to The Lord of the Rings, the first fifteen minutes of the Phantom Menace is a summarized first-hand account of the TOTJ series. That and Dark Empire trilogy as the final trilogy would be the perfect bookends to Episodes I-VI.

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.