main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_tee_hee]

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Here's my final set of questions for Skywalker_T-65

11. What is your favorite time period in history and why?
    12. Who is your favorite SW character and why?
    13. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    14.What is your favorite non SW book?
    15. What are the top 3 historical sights you'd like to see in person?

That's all the questions I have once Sky Guy answers all others may chime in. There's already one question from someone else on the last page for you Sky Guy ;)

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Most likely the Byzantine Empire period. Eastern Rome was the last part of that Empire, and its decline is an interesting subject to read about.

As the username suggests, Luke. Probably has the most interesting story arc of any character in the movies/books.

Black Hawk Down. History major remember? :p

Lord of the Rings probably.

Hmmm...Constantinople's churches is one (as a Byzantine fanboy(tm) I can't call that city Istanbul :p )
    London could be nice.
    I think there's an old Civil War battlefield near where I live, though I can't remember the name right now for the life of me.

o_O

:p

I think that sums things up.

4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks so much Sky Guy! The floor is open for all to ask questions now :)

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sky Guy! I have heard rumors you are in the planning stages of a new RPG! Are they true? What can you tell us?

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

If you could interact with any group of aliens shown in the movies / shows / books, what group or organization (non-Jedi / Sith) would you choose?

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    RP has stalled rather badly to be honest. Then again, everything has :p

Hmm...probably the Rogues.

7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Good Morning! This week's interview features Mitth_Fisto

Starting with a few basic questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What is your favorite SW book?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Okay. *Flexes interlaced fingers out to stretch them before the strain of replying*

Right for the juicy stuff, eh? Well I came to the EUC after rattling around the RP server here when I followed a couple of posters I looked up to here, never left since. I cannot remember if it was one of the inter-group rps that caught my eye and led me back here, or if it was merely a poster like Sinre that I followed. Huh, never thought I would forget and now the thing is blurred in memory just enough.

Cute story actually, my earliest memory is playing with Star Wars toys with my brother, you know the old ones with the lightsabers blade in their arms you pushed out? I was hooked. Been so ever since, even after my brother became sick of it and moved on (which was before news of Jar-Jar even was foreshadowed).

No Jar-Jar. :p Actually my expectations are being kept low, just cause I figure I miss some heartache if I don't put too much on it. Before the LEGENDS announcement I was hoping for a true to major points of the EU, now I merely am hoping that the Solo kids and Luke marriage/family are kept at least somewhat intact.

That has changed a few times over the years. Used to be Starfighters of Adumaar, then Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, and so on and so forth. With some back and forth. It really depends on my mood. Right now, since now is all we got, no remorse and no regret I would have to say The Jedi Path :p Hey you didn't specify fiction so I figure this works ;) Although I have seriously used it a lot with RPs and my role/member of the Jedi here in the EUC.

You mean I am not always logged in like Bardan! :eek: Shocking :p

I am just finishing my degree (which took a couple years longer than I thought it would when I first started, ignorance is bliss!), and now job hunting and prepping my job applications. And helping my Mom on the side as able. Since I cannot play any of my games on the computer I have taken to playing some simple ones and reading some books, something which will see a large up-tick as this is my last finals week.

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A few more questions for Mitth_Fisto

6. If Del Rey were to announce tomorrow that a new SW book was being released what would you want it to be about and who would the author be?
    7. What is your degree in?
    8. What is your dream job? Is that the job you are currently applying for? If not what type of job are you applying for?
    9. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    10. What is the best RP you have ever joined, what character were you and why was her or she special to you?

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That all you got? No! Oh, alright then :p

They already have stated new releases :p Although if I got the one I wanted, either something about an X-wing or B-wing squadron by a good author still living *cough* wish Alston*cough*, or a good book reintroducing the chiss by Timothy Zhan! Or really any book by him to officially plug him back into the story writings of official SW stuff.

I am of the dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. That is my lot ;)

To be a seer, and soon I shall be by being a maker thereof.

When I was younger I would say Robin Hood: Men in Tights, today I would have to say the Princess Bride.

Once more with the hard questions with you. My, my. What a question as only the women I have RP'd as apply o_O I have only played two women in my RPs and the most prominent would be Natasi Daala in a Sleepy game. As she lost her mind and began falling for Indiana Jones on a tangled belief of salvation of self from the horrors, well it was interesting and the first RP with a time limit and rapid posting on the boards.

But that is to the letter of your question, as to the spirit of it. Well, I have played in many, my favorites is a list not a thing I can sum up with one. I played in Sinre's games, a few, even was a Yuuzhan Vong and had a blast (mega spied on the Yuuzhan Vong thread whilst playing that one). I played in SotS trilogy of Fins and had fun and challenge as well, with BobaMatt I was a character I never even read about and somehow pulled it off in the EU AU game of if Luke had joined Vader. I played in the Jedi Outcasts and found my first long running place here until they ended with a long running Trianii character. I played many games and right now am playing in one as a Kubaz for the GoL Jedi that Bardan is leading and one with Bravo called Intervention as an Arkaanian&Chiss&Terellian Jango Jumper that top my list of active games at the moment. All have a place, and ordering best to last has never been a priority. All are grand things to be in, and fun has been had many a time.

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll try not to make any typographical errors on this set of questions. No promises though! Here is my last set of questions for Mitth_Fisto

11. What are the top three SW planets you would like to visit?
    12. What are the top three places in RL you would like to travel to?
    13. What planets would you like to see in the Sequal Trilogy, new and old?
    14. Who is your favorite SW character and why?
    15. If you could get back half the time you have spent on these boards what would you do with it?

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah, once more for the Gipper then we have to go. :( So that's how it is. :p

Those that do not exist. Also known as LEGEN. . .wait for it. . . it is soo good. . .ya gotta see this. . .DARY! :p My favorite worlds to visit would be the Chiss homeworld located in the Chiss Ascendancy, known as Csilla. Ice worlds, you would think I have enough of that by living on Hoth, but you would be wrong ;) There is something about a culture we know so little about, and the conflicting stories and the inner House struggles for superiority and civil strife that have constantly reorganized the government but not the space or governing of other subsidiary worlds. Not to mention, they were the birth race of Thrawn and to them he was good, but not a swoon worthy tactician, just good high level stock. I would like to work another degree there to be honest, learn from such tactical masters would be awesome!

I would like to visit Corelia, can I just do the whole system? If not I'll stick with main world were all three races and a slew of passers by can be seen. Ah, to see Treasure Row in it's hay-day! :D Not to mention it would be so easy to cheat and wind up on extra world trips by smuggling myself without too much difficulty no matter what the era :p

Another world to visit, cannot emphasize that one enough ;) Well, it would be a bit of a toss up between Zenoma Sekot, and of course Tython. Of all the worlds those two would be hard to choose, see the Yuuzhan Vong and their biotech without being slaughtered out of hand and talking with a planet would be top notch. Then again the desert of silence and ancient ruins, ah. It is too hard to choose, which one can I smuggle myself to easiest from Corellia? I'll leave that one off the least and go to Corellian homeworld last ;)

Ireland, Bahamas, and Middle East. Surprisingly so much easier than SW location choosing :p

Something New. . .well by definition I would not know it then. :p By the new Disney definition. . .New: Csilla, Bastion, Ord Mandrel, Dac, Korriban, Arkania, and more worlds were humans are minority or non-present. As for Old, I would enjoy Coruscant, Yavin, and Geonosis.

EU? Thrawn. Need I say more? :p If you know him I think that is rather self explanatory. He is a lawful good, puts him at odds with the Rebellion, but was for the changing of the system from within instead of the tear down that the Rebels were for. And in many ways I agree with him, in some not, and am in awe at his genius.

OT? Yoda and Obi-won. Yes, my favorites both started out their careers pretending to be something they were not by misdirection and showed outstanding wisdom and subtlety even if slightly misplaced. Also, how can you not like these two?

PT? *Rubs temples* Alright you do not want who I cannot stand. So there goes the obvious answers :p The favorite from these still is Obi-won and Yoda, but that is a rehash and I don't want that. So R2 and also Kit Fisto from his first battle field grin. The date I originally created the source and predecessor of this accounts name bore testament to that.Not to mention something about an alien that awesome looking, then the book that came out later just cemented it.

Sleep. Work a job for money. Finish reading the classics I have the shelf still waiting to be completed. Dickens, how could I have stopped at the Cricket on the Hearth? I am so ashamed. :_| Although mostly play more games to my detriment since I use here as a relief from the stress of life [face_cowboy]

13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The floor is open now! Ask Mitthy some questions people :)

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    What is your favourite bug to consume!?!? Can you show us how you prepare it?

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    If you could rewrite some of the sw books, which series and why?

16. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    favorite non-SW alien?

btw good luck finishing your degree--no matter how long it takes it's quite an accomplishment imo

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Favorite Sith?

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ants. Mundane I know, but get a slightly soggy stick and put it just right and they latch on and won't let go. Twist the bodies off and then bite the head off of the mandibles. Simply decadent and delightful, if a little wasteful if you don't eat the rest, but the heads alone taste by far best ;)

Force Unleashed books and Clone Wars series of books snap to mind. Why? Because the one is like a Force Dream and should of been noted as such (blessing of the Legends indeed), and the other. Well they did such as bad job with Yoda that I could not finish the first one. The relationships were also skewered from the movies as well. *shudders*

Q. And in so saying all are included, as physical form is merely an illusion of choice ;)

Thank you, took my final final, now the real fun stuff begins.

Revan's apprentice Malgus has to be my favorite sith. When it comes to being sith he really had the roles down for nearly a Rule of Two relationship going without any instruction to that end as he tried to take out his master by using their enemies to finish the job. This is all based off of pre book and pre game that changed why they became Sith though. Blackhole comes in a close second, serving destruction and being plain evil of a darkest order was his strength. Rare to see one give themselves so completely to the dark.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    *Malak, Malgus is a bit further along :p

An actual question though: Is there any Force tradition that isn't the big Three (Jedi, Grey, Sith) that you consider interesting?

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes. Most of them. There are a couple sith traditions that are little more than cults that I don't like. But otherwise you can take a long flow walk through the Legends and you will find there are few traditions I have not heard of, nor many that I do not find interesting. ;)

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Against all logic, I hoped the answer was going to be I-5. :p

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    You know I was tempted to say a user, but between you, Sinre, and Tee. . .well how I am to choose between three vibrant and dynamic sith arch types?

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    New week, new interview! Everyone give a warm welcome to Mandalore The Uniter

Here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. How did you chose your username?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

24. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    First, thanks for giving me the opportunity to be part of the interview. I love reading these things, and it's so interesting to see how Star Wars has affected people's lives.

I've actually been visiting the EUC since 2007, but I didn't really start getting involved until earlier this year. The main attraction for me is of course the Mandalorian fan club here, it's always great to chat with fellow Mando fans and fans of other areas in the Star Wars Universe.
    I became a Star Wars fan when I was 5 years old, sitting in the theater at Town Center Mall in Boca Raton FL watching "Return of The Jedi". I guess what really hooked me was seeing Boba Fett plummet into the Sarlacc, and wanting to rescue him so badly.
    At least 1 Mandalorian that doesn't look like Boba Fett. :) Other than that I just want a good story. I've always accepted the fact that everything released after the OT is for generations younger than myself...so it's never bothered me how those stories were presented as long as they were well written.
    My screen name is actually my "title/epithet" as the founder of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club (MMCC). Of course my original screen name was "Novall Talon", which was my Mandalorian character in Star Wars Galaxies. Back in 2008 the members of MMCC saw fit to grace me with a title, and since then I've just ran with it.
    [/quote]
    By day I am a Network Security Admin, and also own a small but successful residential/small business IT consulting business. My wife and I live on a small farm here in North Carolina where we raise horses, chickens, and various other lifeforms. I also have an armory built on the farm where I craft sets of steel/aluminum Mandalorian armor as time and commissions allow, using traditional armor-smithing techniques. Recently I've gotten more involved with building realistic Star Wars props, with my current project being a life-sized working (built on a highly modified golf cart chassis) copy of the Lego "Mandalorian Speeder" toy. I also manage the global operations of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club, which takes up about as many hours as a real job. Last (but certainly not least) I am a regular contributor for the Official Star Wars Blog, writing about all things Mandalorian or MMCC related. People love to ask where I get all this time from, my reply to them is "Every moment awake is an opportunity to get something done". :)

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks so much for volunteering for the interview. I am enjoying learning more about our forum members :)
    I went to see ROTJ when I was 5! I've been a fan ever since.

6. Tell us about your avatar.
    7. If you were responsible for saving Boba Fett from the Sarlacc what would be your plan for the rescue?
    8. What is your favorite SW book and why?
    9. Who is your favorite SW character and why?
    10. Were you a cafter before you started to craft Mandolorian Armor? Can you share some of your work? What is it like to wear the armor? (is it heavy, hard to walk, exciting, do you feel invincible?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.