main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Alright, I'm back with some questions. Sorry if you've answered these questions previously in the GOL thread but it's been awhile now.

1) What state are you based in?

2) What state were you born in? (That timeless question, "Where was ya born?" )

3) Name one thing wrong with the state you live in. Name one thing right about the state you live.

4) What is your favorite new story (Comics, novel, RPG, anything) set in the Sequel Trilogy Era?

5) What styles of music do you listen to most often? Who are some of your favorite artists?

Thank you @vncredleader :greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber:

vncredleader likes this.
  2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    [face_thinking] ok then
    1. Soooooo many things
    2. Allegedly no ;)

@Tython Awakening

What state are you based in?

Pennsylvania

What state were you born in? (That timeless question, "Where was ya born?")

PA, only moved once in my life actually, and that was essentially just to the other side of the Ohio River. In PA still, actually my county is right after it forms at Point State Park

Name one thing wrong with the state you live in. Name one thing right about the state you live.

PA overall has the problem of being so rural in places that our votes are essentially skewed based around really small populations in big areas getting electors and representatives in a way that is far and away unfair. Though even in Pittsburgh we have problems, mistreatment of trans women in our women's prisons, and the recent Antwon Rose murder and subsequent lack of police accountability highlight a lack of real strength behind the diverse populations of Pittsburgh and Philly. We are skewed and held back by a the boonies in a way that genuinely has a human cost.

One thing I love about my state is that we polluted ourselves to the point of damaging generations of people......ok that came out wrong. Particularly in the Steel City, but also across the state, we had a long tradition of coal mines and other industrial power. This essentially meant that we created a dense smog around Pittsburgh and have lingering effects which are still deadly https://www.post-gazette.com/news/e...-risk-from-air-pollution/stories/201311210326 https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsb...lity-is-still-pretty-gray/Content?oid=2643357

The reason this is sorta my good thing is this https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/May-2014/Collaboration-Innovation/ we have some of the biggest green initiatives in the nation, and in response to our terrible environment, we have one of the best hospitals in the nation. So it is depressing that we have large cancer rate, but we have some of the best cancer research in the nation as a response. I grew up with terrible asthma, everyone of my family members has gotten it at some point, my dad got Hodgkin's Lymphoma, my uncle had stage 4 colon cancer (which ended up interrupting his studies......with advanced cancer research tech including the cutting edge gamma knife that UPMC interestingly enough had. He fully recovered thankfully, almost certainly because he returned home for treatment, to one of the absolute best places he could have been lucky enough to be treated at), and so on. I never met my paternal grandfather cause he worked at a steel mill with no mask protection and thus had his lungs slowly shredded with metal fibers, and charred. While all of this is frustrating, it is something great about Pittsburgh in particular, as well as other parts of the state, that we are actively combating our old legacy.

It's why when a certain tangerine mocked clean air initiatives and cited Pittsburgh as needing protection FROM green movements, our mayor slapped right back. We poisoned ourselves and built a legacy on terrible treatment of laborers, so to be a leader in fighting against fracking and the reopening of steel mills, and coal mines, and plants that routinely dump toxic waste right into the Ohio River and simply pay out a small fine; is something I am really proud of.

I guess in terms of genuinely something good that is not a part of a larger flaw would be that we where incredibly involved in the Civil War, and served as the buffer protecting the Union. Got an Irish ancestor who was a first generation American born in PA, who fought for the Union. The legacy of PA as fighting the confederacy and the lost cause myth is one I am proud of.

4) What is your favorite new story (Comics, novel, RPG, anything) set in the Sequel Trilogy Era?

Ooohhhh tough one. So TLJ is a masterpiece and genuinely one of the greatest SW things ever. But I will say Resistance as great stories like Bloodline I expected to be good and everyone thought so right off the bat. Resistance I did text reviews of from day one and even among ST stans I was really defensive of it.

Resistance managed to be one of the most important Star Wars stories in how it handled fascism and authoritarianism. It found a way to do so even more firmly and maturely than some far more violent and in depth stories. And that is something that never ceased to surprise me. It knew what it wanted to be from day one, and it let things play out. After seeing TCW just dance between static states, and Rebels go back and forth between whether or not anything matters week to week; having a show that genuinely paid attention and managed to have depth at points that the viewer would underestimate it on, was a treat to watch, and an even greater treat to review.

Plus doing podcasts on it was really fun, mostly due to a particular in joke we began running with that I will not specify cause mature content. But it involves how anime and shonen the series is at times

5) What styles of music do you listen to most often? Who are some of your favorite artists?

I traditionally am not one for listening to lyrical music, at least outside of soundtracks from shows. Most of my tastes are the scores of franchises I love, Batman (anything), SW, ST, DA, AC, and above all Pokemon. However I started to get into lyrical music with anime, particularly the soundtrack of Attack on Titan, which I feel proves that adaptation can beat out the original not even through story or structure, but by adding to the experience in a way only its medium can.

I have begun to listen to some lyrical stuff, mostly political in nature, American Idiot by Green Day, and The Wolfe Tones along with other Irish political music like "Come out Ye Black and Tans". Which brings me to other older stuff like "Fight for Uncle Sam" which is Irish and Union based, funny given my feelings on Uncle Sam and American Nationalism. And then John Brown's body, particularly Pete Seeger's rendition

Something so perfect about it, a song that was turned into a more overtly patriotic and pat on the back type with the Battle Hymn of the Republic (which I do love make no mistake). One which highlights the lack of our nation living up to the ideals it exposes hypocritically. I am someone with a lot of anger, and yet I am fiercely american. Mostly do to it being my shame and accountability to bear as one. So men like John Brown are the type I am proud of, someone hanged as a traitor, yet like Thomas Paine, braver and more "American" than so many of our national heroes are.

Oh and Assassin's Creed Odyssey and its turning of Greek hymns into something more song like by our conventions, with the Athens choir. Freaking breathtaking. Songs like the sung version of Flander's Fields, and especially the Extra Credits version of "Farewell to Greta"

I know our many Aussies present will be very please at the fact that I love Ned Kelly

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    6. Do you play video games? If yes, what platform is your favorite?

7. What era of history is your favorite, and why?

8. If you could have any career, what would you choose, and why?

9. Are you ab early bird, or night owl?

10. What is your favorite meal?

4. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    6. Do you play video games? If yes, what platform is your favorite?

Yup, while I like the diversity with older games the PC provides, I find the PS4 to just be easier to use and to have a solid number of IPs I like. Plus they get the best DLC exclusives, that is why I got a PS4 with arkham knight actually, it came down to the dlc for which system I would buy as I didnt own either from that gen

7. What era of history is your favorite, and why?

It is kinda a toss up between the early Hellenistic Period (IE the era in and around the Peloponnesian War) and The Great War. I think I would settle on the First World War as it is so emotionally raw, and directly effects everything in our present day. Not just as it is so recent, but due to just how utterly the world that started it died during it. An Ancien Regime becoming a thing during the course of a single war is just absurd and both heartbreaking, but also sorta inevitable as monarchy must fall and will always bring itself to this cataclysm. Plus the direct consequences are things I love, Oktober Revolution and the Irish Revolution. it is bitter, depressing, brought about important change in the most awful of ways, leaving lessons that the "greatest generation" promptly forgot all the while patting themselves on the back. The idea of The Lost Generation is just so utterly depressing and angering. Oh and the dang plague, which tbf the Hellenistic period has as well, with the same utterly depressing slaughter of a generation told to die needlessly to prove themselves

8. If you could have any career, what would you choose, and why?

Probably being in the LucasmFilm story group. I am self conscious about my own writing, but being ore or less just in charge of overall continuity would be amazing

9. Are you ab early bird, or night owl?

Night owl, Crippling insomnia like nobody's business

10. What is your favorite meal?

Most things I like end up destroying my stomach, but the club sandwich at a Pittsburgh diner chain Eatn Park is really great and doesnt disagree with me

Sinrebirth and Sarge like this.
  5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    @vncredleader

I’ve been to Eatn Park many times! I’ve got family in the Pittsburgh area. :)

11. What other fandoms do you follow?
    12. Have you ever been to the Warhol Museum? I have to ask since I love it!
    13. Who shot first?
    14. Are you a fan of conspiracy theories?
    15. Do you imagine yourself more like Luke Skywalker or Kyle Ren?

Thank you for being patient. :) I’m away from home for an extended time and it’s been hectic.

6. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oops I totally forgot to answer these

11. What other fandoms do you follow?
    Pokemon, Star Trek, superheroes, and that's about it. Most of my fandom experience comes from only a small percentage of franchises I follow for one reason or another.

12. Have you ever been to the Warhol Museum? I have to ask since I love it!
    Yes, and yeah its amazing. Sadly I have not been since field-trips probably a little under a decade ago. Our museums are fantastic, I need to go to Heinz soon. My sister will be in town soon so we really need to go, they have a Vietnam exhibit up currently. As a kid I went there most often, but only for the sports section due to my obsession with Buckos history.

13. Who shot first?
    Gilbert Taylor ;)

14. Are you a fan of conspiracy theories?
    Honestly I am not sure, I had a big cryptozoology phase back in the day, and that intersects, but I don't think I ever really believed in any conspiracy theories.
    I guess I have some history ones, I agree with OSP's theory that the canal built to form a naval base out of nothing in the middle of Italy by Marcus Agrippa (Portus Julius) was "Agrippa equipped with nothing but a bucket, a shovel, and a mission dug the whole lake himself in a night"

Unfounded? Sure, but Agrippa is cool enough to pull it off.

Though I do actually have a sorta serious answer, or at least one that amounts to a meta pov, I don't think Socrates is real. Or more accurately that if there really was a person by that name who was a philosopher, he was likely nothing like what we find him important for. Obviously you can say that about a lot of history being from scattered sources, but Socrates is important pretty much entirely cause of the Socratic dialogues which are very firmly thought to be Plato's voice speaking through a character in order to prove a point and provide contrast.

Socrates as we perceive him is not an image built by consensuses, but a character built for a specific purpose. The various scant sources contradict one another, and he seems to almost be more of a meme than a historical figure even if he was real. Often lampooned, then used like King Arthur to be used for political agenda or philosophical points.

The Socratic Problem has these main solutions
    (1) Socrates is the individual whose qualities exhibited in Plato's writings are corroborated by Aristophanes and Xenophon.

(2) Socrates is he who claims to possess no wisdom but still participates in exercises with the aim of gaining understanding.

(3) Socrates is the Socrates who appears in Plato's earliest dialogues.

(4) The real Socrates is the one who turns from a pre-Socratic interest in nature to ethics, instead.

My view is that even if he is real, the being that is conjured when we think "Socrates" is divorced from all but number 3, as to make him a meme, a character, more than a man. He is a lesson, not even a person whose role in history is to represent a lesson. Its a more complicated version of the Homeric Question.

15. Do you imagine yourself more like Luke Skywalker or Kyle Ren?
    Luke, I take pride in having not massacred villages or tortured someone as wonderful as Poe Dameron

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    as wonderful as Poe Dameron

As dreamy as Poe Dameron, you mean.

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This...........le sigh.......:*[face_blush]:xwing:=P~

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    All the sighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Do you play Pokémon Go?

vncredleader and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Surprisingly no.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Do you RPG?

Do you play Phone Games?

Have lay awake at night plotting against your enemies?
    (oh wait, is that just me?)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Table top RPG: no. Video game RPG, yes

Phone games: yes, particularly Star Trek timelines as of late. And I am hyped for "Pokemon Masters"

The last one; nooooooo...........[face_relieved]

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    New Interview coming soon!

Are you on my list? :)

PCCViking likes this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I think I signed up. :)

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    This is slow moving! :eek:

Tython Awakening likes this.
  18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    We don’t rush things here.

PCCViking likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hooooommmm, hommmmmm, let's not be hasty.

20. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I signed up too, I think, but I think there was a long line ahead of me?

Whatever. “Jedi is pressed for time not...” or something like that.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks to the amazing @vncredleader !

Next up we have a the master of puns, @PCCViking !!

PCC get up here and take a seat on one of the comfy ronto hide loungers.

1. Tell us how you came to be a Star Wars fan?

2. Obviously you’re a Dark Side fan, tell us why the DS lured you in?

3.Which SW novel is your favorite?

4. Do you collect anything?

5. Do you enjoy games? Table top or video?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    vncredleader and PCCViking like this.
  22. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks, @Lady Belligerent !

First, I became a Star Wars fan when I first saw Star Wars. It was actually the original original A New Hope, albeit on beta tape (I wonder how many younglings here would know what that is. :p ). But my love of Star Wars soared when I read the Thrawn Trilogy.

The Dark Side lured me in because of its mysterious nature, and the ability to build on one's potential. In a way, it's a lot like Slytherin House from Harry Potter (although not all Slytherins were Death Eaters or supporters of Voldemort). It encourages ambition and cunning, forcing me to keep me on my toes.

My favorite SW novel is Heir to the Empire, because like I mentioned above, my love for Star Wars increased as a result.

For my collection: I have all of the adult-oriented Star Wars Legends novels and all of the adult-oriented canon novels so far. I used to collect Batman and Superman comics when I was a kid.

I don't enjoy video games as much as I used to. I loved playing Super Mario RPG because it was fun, and the boss theme music was cool. I do enjoy trying to solve logic puzzles.

23. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019

*squints eyes*

... PCCViking... is that an avatar still of Timothy Dalton as the Nazi Spy Villain in the underrated charming cult classic, The Rocketeer???

If so, we are holonet buddies... for LIFE.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    It is indeed. One of the only villains who does his own stunts. :p

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    6. What’s your ideal place for a vacation?
    7. If you could host a dinner party and could invite 5 people, living or not, who would you have over?
    8. I know you work in a theatre, do you have any fun stories?
    9. Apple or android, and why?
    10. What’s your favorite meal?

@PCCViking

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.