main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    From a religious perspective I would agree. When a Mandalorian dies, we join the manda, our "oversoul". A jedi who dies becomes one with the Force. Of course our consciousness becomes fully emeshed in the manda where as a strong enough jedi retains some sense of self as evidenced by the sparkly glowy force ghosts we see from time to time. At least from my understanding of it.

[​IMG]

JediFalcon likes this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Good night Addie

Morning all

And I agree with Bardan :)

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That should be added to the Jedi code. :p

[​IMG]

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    A great pity then that a fair number of Mandos can't seem to stand Jedi -- what is the reason for that?

Canderous Ordo counted Revan as something of a friend, despite Revan having been the death of so many Mandos; and surely it's come out by now that both Jedi and Mandos were tricked into coming into conflict at Galidraan; neither sides' fault -- just a case of ambition by the planetary governor, hatred by a rogue faction of Mandos for Jango and his Protectors and happening to coincide with the plans of a Sith Lord.

PS Morning Falcon!

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey CPL. Wont be able to post the rest of those till I get on a computer tonight. Should be just 1 or 2 that I haven't posted here yet.

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    No it shouldn't o_O

Morning Tim

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Some of it is coincidence, some of it is the fact that Jedi don't normally hire bounty hunters or mercenaries too often. Given many a Mandalorian's career choice that leaves little chance of their interacting on a "friendly" level. Sith on the other hand have no problem throwing credits around and for a Mando, a job is a job usually, so that also pits them against Jedi.

Mandalorians also like to test themselves and their combat skills. Who better to test that against than a being with super reflexes and can predict the future?

There are also philosophical differences. Many a Jedi has gone along with the idea of submitting to the will of the Force. A Mandalorian's philosophy is more akin to the Sith in terms of "being a master of one's own fate". Now that isn't universal, even Vader seemed to be a believer in destiny when speaking to Luke. Some of it is hypocrisy. Mandalorians have referred to Jedi as "baby stealers" ignoring their own history of adopting "war orphans" who may themselves have little choice.

A part of it is they are in competition in a business sense as well. Jedi vs Bounty hunter possibly going after the same criminal. The Jedi can take potential earnings away from a Mandalorian either by getting involved and ending a war too quickly or by bringing in a fugitive the Mando was after. Though that is one I blame the Jedi for. If they would just hire bounty hunters/Mandalorians themselves to help augment their strength that could in some part be avoided. In that I would say the Jedi's arrogance blinds them. In general, they look down on bounty hunters and have no use for them.

I am sure there are alot of other reasons, those are just off the top of my head. However it must be said that Jedi and Mandalorian have also worked very well together as well. The Mandalorians fought for the GA during the Sith-Imperial War (127-130 ABY) for at least one battle until treachery intervened and kept the Mandos out of the rest of the war. They worked togther during the Vong war (though any instances escape me as I didn't read that series) , as well as against Darth Caedus, though there was still some animosity between them. Part of that can be blamed on the participants involed rather than a cultural divide.

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Well put, Bardan.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *nods head in appreciation*

[​IMG]

10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    =D= Well said Sir!

11. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Well done, Tsunami1138. I enjoy reading the tasks that each individual does and yours was no exception. For your next task, I ask that you join one other fan club and report back here as to what it is about, what kinds of things are discussed, whether they have regulars mostly or random people coming in and out, ect. Anything you can think up. Please do not use a thread that is purely social.

Bardan that is an interesting insight into Mando culture. I'll have to think about it. I also found another way in which you are sneaky. But you'd have to pm me about that.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    The Mando can be eloquent when needed. :p

Also:

Listen to Addie...or at least you should have if I wasn't late :p

But the second one is *points to self* me.

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    After reading that speech, all my preconceived notions on mando/ jedi relationahips went up in FLAMES. Get it? ;)

14. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  15. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Yes Master.

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    o_O

What is it with you and flames, Chewie?

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Since Waves shared his answers to the front page I guess I could reveal mine. Yes I read you could write an essay and include pictures, but I'm pretty much short and to the point. I've also been sitting on this for a week, and I think it's interesting how different our answers are.

Share with us your knowledge of the Jedi Code by explaining what each sentence in the Code means
    There is no emotion, there is peace. Do not let your own personal grievances cloud your judgment. Do what you know is best for all.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Look inside yourself, the answer is there, you know what to do. Your feelings will guide you.
    There is no passion, there is serenity. As easy as it is to act on impulse, find your center first act when you know you are doing the right thing.
    There is no death, there is the Force. Although it may seem that an event or life has ended. It’s never truly taken from us, they live on in our memories forever.

tsunami1138 likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't know, but I like it! [face_devil]

[​IMG]

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Why am I surprise... oh wait no I'm not o_O

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    [face_laugh]

On a different note...I need to get Lenea to the hanger in Shadow War. But I can't yet. So up to the Mando's for now :p

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I just posted about 10 minutes ago. Why can't you get her to the hanger?

[​IMG]

23. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Waiting on Gotab. :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    ah. Just went back and looked. The way I read it, Ian would have no idea that Miria wants him to say behind while Lenea heads off to the hanger, so he is probably waiting for you to post and "give him" that information. Have you tried PMing him?

[​IMG]

25. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Nope. The way I looked at it though, Lenea hasn't (as of last post) gotten that information. The last thing that I had her do was ask about staying or not. I didn't want to add more onto that, until he had a chance to reply. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.