main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

European (especially your country's) bands you like

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Mara, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    *brings up her fiddle and start playing*

Or if you don't want to hear my splendid versions of walking tunes and polskas, here are some links to Swedish folk music:

First we have SWÃ…P
    Eventhough they are mixing with some Irish music here's a polska from my home region. Click here for video
    Another favourite from the same album is Lill-Mats or little Mats. I even like this one so much that I've made my own alternative lyrics to it. This one comes from my neighbouring region. The singer/female fiddler is from my home town.

And then since Enji mentioned the nyckelharpa, or key harp as it is in English, I bring you 100% key harp on this site there are several links where you can listen to mostly polskas but also some walzes and marches.

2. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I used the link and listened to Swap and they sound nice! I like how they bring the two styles of music together, Nordic folk fiddlers and traditional Celtic musicians. Combined they make great music! :)

3. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    As for Danish bands I love D-A-D and Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (though DML no longer exists, the music is great! Their best number being Silverflame...)

4. Gunnm_BeAngel

Gunnm_BeAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    From Italian scene I like Carmen Consoli, White skull, and Lacuna Coil.
    Coming from Europe i like Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Guano Apes, The Cranberries, Ska-P and a lot of english bands from the seventies! ;)

5. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Iron Maiden...hey- I was just listening to an Iron Maiden CD this morning while I was cleaning my house. Great music to get ya moving! :D

6. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    German: Die Ärzte!!
    They call themselfs the best band on earth... name is programm i'd say :p

The talk was about swedish bands: Do some of you know The Hives? It's not traditional Swedish music. NO way. But swedish and crazy, which is a dangerous mixture in my eyes :p

7. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Oh yes, I like The Hives. They're pretty good, I like their rather straight-forward rock. Don't have any records though, but my brother does and I "borrow" them sometimes... :)

Lady_Lucas, Iron Maiden is GREAT music to clean to... I often put on a Maiden record when I really need to get moving. How CAN you sit still to something like Aces high? ;)

8. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    From my country I like Dopller Efekt.But I especially like ONYX if anyone has heard of them.And The Wu-Tang Clan is great.

And I almost forgot Weird Al Yankovich.:):):):):)

9. sergiurusu

sergiurusu Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2001
    From Romania: Nightlosers - "The Groove Distillery" a wonderful combination of rock & roll, fusion, world and ethno music

http://storage.lastrada.ro/nl/html/#en

10. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    from roamania i would say stenfan banica jr. LOL well i don't understand the lyrics, but when I listen to the song veta it reminds me of the romania trip this summer. everytime we switched on the music channel on tv, this song was playing :)

11. ROGUESQUAD

ROGUESQUAD Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Stefan Banica Jr. ?
    Oh,no !

12. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Jaina, I'm glad that You haven't be to Poland when Ich Troje was on top ;)
    I'm glad, that Ich Troje no longer exist :D
    And as from the Polish music again I've heard an older Myslovitz album, it's very nice :D
    btw. Myslovitz are plaing Rock music, but not so hard
    And another Polish band: Grabaz i Strachy na Lachy
    they are playing punkrock and I like their music :)

13. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Stefan Banica: LOL I expected that kind of reaction :D but it reminds me of two great weeks in Romania, so... ;) (Also got a Phoenix album (Timisoara) if that is better with you. At least our romanian company suggested that Band ;) )

Polish music: unfortunately I missed out on buying a CD in Krakow in september. I usually buy a Harry Potter book and a CD as souvenir in each country. So you suggest that I buy those CD's next time I go to Poland?

14. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Well... it could be Myslovitz e.g 'Korova Milky Bar' album, It has also english version, so You can hear their music and understand what are they singing :)
    But also others bands I heard of and I like: 'Kazik', 'Kult', 'Grabaz i Strachy na Lachy'.

I'm trying to learn more about Polish Rock/Punkrock music. I know (and like) only 'Myslovitz', 'Kazik', 'Kult', and 'Grabaz i Starchy na Lachy'. It's all because of 'Ich Troje'. Even a Year ago, when I heard about Polish music I was telling: "no, thank you", because I've imaginate in the same moment 'Ich troje' and their redhaired vocalist...

15. ROGUESQUAD

ROGUESQUAD Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Pheonix...it's better...

16. mara_alexia

mara_alexia Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Stefan Banica Jr. is not THAT bad, he's some kind of local Elvis Presley...
    Well, thanks God nobody likes O-Zone from Romania around here! Well, my son likes it, but he's 3 years old, it's understandable. And I'm proud to announce that he likes Star Wars too (his mommy took care of that) so maybe there is some hope for him, after all...

17. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    o-zone. heh NEVER! LOL but they are from Moldova, aren't they?

18. mara_alexia

mara_alexia Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Yes, that's right, but we speak the same language, and Moldova was once part of Romania. So it's pretty much the same... Maybe the moldavians don't agree with that...

About the music I like... I don't listen too much music, but I love Stefan Hrusca, he's the best folk singer in Romania, and Timpuri Noi - unfortunately that band doesn't exist anymore. And of course, Phoenix, especially the old songs.

19. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah I know that Moldova used to belong to Romania until the russians took it. And I also know that there is an area (state?) in Romania that is still called Moldova. Been there. In Slanic (sp?) if I remember correctly. They got mineral springs there :)

20. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Heh, the same story as with the Grecee, and Macedonia :) There is a country called Macedonia, and a region in Grecee ;)
    I've read about it year ago at Grecee board :)

Jaina, have You been to Woodstock?

21. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    do I look that old? ;)

22. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm not taking about this original, but about this played every year in Poland :)
    For seweral yeears Woodstock taken place in Zary, but last year it was in Kostrzyn ;)

23. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    nope never been there. just been to Poland once. In September I went to Krakow. AWSOME city!

EDIT: Another band that rocks is Ska-P from Spain!

24. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I was near Krakow once, when I went to Zakopane :)
    For a year I'm studying in Wroclaw, it's also very nice city, but as for me, it is too big (now, I'm not sure how would it be be in the future ;) ).

25. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    the bus to Krakow stopped in Wroclaw. but it was in the middle of the night, so i didn't see anything of the city. but I trust your judgement ;) next places that I'll go to in Poland will be Poznan and Gdansk, I guess. Know people there.

haven't been to Zakopane, but the area must be beautiful, there! oh soon ski jumping season will start again!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.