main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate European ultranationalists!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Wocky, in the thread I started on this topic - unlike Vivec, I was sober when I started mine :p - this point was addressed ad nauseum. Immigration produces net benefits to the economy and society and carries the downside risk of backlash from the more reactionary segments of society. Obviously anything outside America warrants scant attention in America, but it's still baffling that UKIP - who have been on the march for more than decade - remain curious to you to the extent that when LAJ points out sentiment they're tapping in to, you ask for examples.

Nowhere in the world is the backlash against migration applying sensibility and restraint to its quixotic charge.

2. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I've done that from time to time. If I straight up and pull my shoulders back I get a wonderful sequence of pops which frees up tension all through the back. At the same time, sometimes it causes the sternum to pop too. This is particularly satisfying.

EDIT: Just did it then. The woman next to me flinched.

3. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    see that move targets the zone between the shoulder blades for me, but little else. god, i need to figure out the sternum asap.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you sit up straight when you're pulling shoulders back? That's what does it for me, that upwards stretching motion resulting in glorious gloriousness.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    bnp's more familiar to americans in general i think because they're more flamboyant

6. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    yes. no sternum action. maybe i should burn down a church and see if it works after that.

slightly_unhinged and Ender Sai like this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Ender Sai: Did it ever occur to you that I wasn't "asking for examples?" That perhaps I was aware of and using a rhetorical question to point out the unfairness in their having criticized all possible courses of action for an immigrant?

EDIT: I guess what I did was more of begging a rhetorical question than asking one outright.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    The "Volunteer work" comment should have given away that wocky was pointing out how ridiculous their position was and not asking a serious question that needed an answer.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

WE'RE TOTALLY NOT NAZIS THO

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Pfft, they're not even remotely Aryan.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My point from a few pages ago - I have no problem with Eastern Europeans coming to the UK to work. However, there are some that come here solely to sign up for benefits that they either can't get at home or are more generous than they can get at home. The government has taken steps to address this issue (like having a minimum residency time before getting benefits). The ones that come here just to get benefits without having contributed are the ones I have the issue with. If they work and then lose their job they should be entitled to Jobseekers payments just like anyone else here since by their work they have contributed to the system. However just coming here, signing on for benefits, and sending the money back to their home country for dependents that don't even live in the UK should not be allowed, in my book.

12. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    A friend of mine can also crack his sternum pretty much at will by extending his t-spine. It's starting to upset me that I can only get a pop from my shoulders.

13. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    look, don't get upset. you should be able to get your hand joints going and maybe your toes as well if you work on it. start there and get back to me on how things are going.

14. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I'll give it a go

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    What is wrong with you guys...that doesn't sound healthy at all.

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Yeah, seriously, bros, you're lining up for early arthritis. Take it easy on yourselves.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    They should get a room and crack each other's... y'know...

Plus, then the Euro-Nazis will come for them.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

There's been no evidence to suggest this is remotely true.

19. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    People like their own people more than they like immigrants. It's not that hard to understand.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It's astonishingly stupid though.

21. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    why is it stupid to love your own people?

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Wannabee, I assume you're trolling right, so I don't actually need to explain anything to you?

23. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    uh everybody sees that ender is dodging the question here, right?

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, we just know you're generally someone worth ignoring.

So, honestly, you cannot see how arbitary preferences based on borders whose relevance today is questionable at best is stupid?

Nothing makes a human more or less equal. So assuming people from country X are better than Country Y is something small minded imbeciles do.

In short, if you think people from your country are better than immigrants or others, you're an idiot.

25. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    we are not talking about who is "better". we are talking about who is preferable.

My point was that these ultra-nationalists prefer their own people to other peoples, not that they thought their people were objectively superior to other peoples.