main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Eurydice" (Luke, Mara) Updated 12 October, Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Lovely ending with all the different gatekeepers, each a perfect choice—Chewbacca stood out for me, too! No one, absolutely no one, could have been better suited than that "great companion" to be Han's gatekeeper. Indeed, I enjoyed Han in this chapter—his charming hardboiledness was a great addition and foil. Brava, ma'am. @};-

2. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    One of the most moving endings I've ever read to a fan fiction. Absolutely superb!

EG

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Now I'm all teary eyed. This was beautiful, lady. So gorgeous. I love how our heroes had the long, happy lives they deserved. I loved Mara telling Luke about Ben, sharing her last secret. And I adored the reunion in the netherworld, with Leia following just behind Luke. [face_love] But the best part was the ending, with the gatekeepers, and how they'd all be one in the Force together for all time. Love begets love. Perfect, perfect. [face_love] [face_love] ^:)^

AzureAngel2 and JadeLotus like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your story proves that death does not need to be the end. That love and friendship go on. And that beloved ones watch over you... sniff. @};-

JadeLotus likes this.
  5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    :D Thanks gal!

Thanks! :) I was thinking about who would be Han's gatekeeper, but then had to smack myself in the head - of course it would be Chewie!

Aw, thank you! :) I think it would take a while for them to accommodate each other, each being such private people.

Thanks! And yes, I will be working on Painted Veil soon, I promise ;)

Thank you! Originally the fic was going to end with Mara being saved, but I thought I needed to follow it through and give closure to them as well as the ghosties :p

Thank you for reading! :)

Thanks very much! :)

Thanks! :)

Thank you! Han is always a joy to include :D

Wow, thank you! [face_blush]

Thanks lady! [:D] They all deserved long and happy lives, and to be reunited with Anakin and Padme in the Force.

Well, I hope so :) Thanks for reading!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Perfect ending to a great story! :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Oh, oh my... *wipes eyes* That was... there are no words to describe just how beautiful this story is. I am awed and humbled by its loveliness. The ending really did make me cry, and I loved every bit of it. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    So once upon a time....I was sitting on the couch watching Top Gear with my husband (which is CLEARLY a show that inspires lots of deep emotions :rolleyes:) annndddd reading this story.....anndddd crying at your epilogue. Annnnndddd I made weird excuses to explain why I was tearing up at a porche or something. :p

No but seriously, that was incredible. Some part of me is sad thinking of them all "recycled" but I have faith that those souls would never come apart, somehow, and would always be together. Maybe Luke and Mara would be a moon and a planet, and Han and Leia and Chewie would be a nebula together...anyways. That was incredible. Like seriously, seriously amazing. I'm blown away. I could seriously quote so many moments in it, but I'd be here all day. As many have said before me, your choice of gatekeepers was beautiful. Chewie particularly. I'm a bit confused (I'll blame it on my blurry vision) but who did Luke's end up to be??

Thank you for such a beautiful story! You're so awesome ^:)^=D=[face_love][:D]

Hugs!
    [face_good_luck] Irish