main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Even Jedi Cry. Drama AU Author note added 121411

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 21, 2009.

1. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    If you won't bump yourself, I will. This story will definitly attract readers. Maybe people are just busy right now. Don't get discouraged. We love you and don't want you to stop writing.....EVER.[face_love]

PS. Isn't it over due time for an update? [face_thinking]

2. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Well if you won't bump, I will.

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    What kind of writerly powers must you possess that you are causing me to hate my beloved Qui-Gon and kind of sort of really like Mace Windu? :eek: His compassion is a relief amid so much pain and darkness.

As always, your Obi-Wan is very selfless and, in this instance, heartbreaking. I fall in love with him all over again when I read your posts. [face_love]

I am so intensely curious about what is going to happen here, especially in regards to Qui-Gon. Can't wait for more. ;)

4. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    This is fantastic! Because it would foolishly waste space to do the opposite, I think I'll list what I don't like about this:

PM list, please? :)

5. Usuratonkachi

Usuratonkachi Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2007
    Aha! Very intersting outcome to the event on Naboo. If I were to guess, I think Obi-Wan's inability to connect to the Force is something similar to amnesia caused by a trauma? An act of self-protection?
    But I do admit that I prefer an Obi-Wan who appears strong and unaffected even though he is breaking inside, rather than an Obi-Wan who has someone he can reveal his weakness to...(that makes me sound very mean to our poor Jedi o_o ) But I love him here nonetheless. And, of course, as others have already said, Mace is great!

Looking forward to the next update!!

6. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Update please?

7. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    wow, interesting story. if you have a PM list may you add me to it?

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I need to apologize to everyone for my stressed out overreaction my last post and everyone's kind words in reply. I was thoroughly frustrated (:oops: )with some real life stuff and being buried on page 7 with only 3-4 responses in two weeks was the straw that broke my back.

My personal compaign for the day: Don?t be afraid to go past page 1 ? I ?back page dive? on a routine basis to find the overlooked gems - some wonderful stories get missed that deserve to be discovered

Arbed: Thanks for the kind words.

JediMasterAnne I appreciate your kind words, too.

Azuraskye: I have plenty more to post ? don?t worry.

Charie: Waves at you! Ah, I updated Truths of the Heart, posted If Wishes Were Obi's for a birthday present to Jedidas3, and have been struggling with my M*A*S*H quote story (not yet posted)..and I took a break from writing and started just reading for a change. It's good to do so once in a while.

LuvEwan: What kind of writerly powers must you possess that you are causing me to hate my beloved Qui-Gon and kind of sort of really like Mace Windu? His compassion is a relief amid so much pain and darkness. You should like this light chapter, then. This is good Qui and Obi. You might like The Dead and the Dying (really it's all humorous and light, in Before the Saga).

As always, your Obi-Wan is very selfless and, in this instance, heartbreaking. Hopefully not "too" selfless - I don't want him to come across as a saint or perfect. He's not. He's just a good man who tries really hard to be a selfless man.

TheMacUnleashed: You?re so sweet?PM it is.

Usuratonkachi: But I do admit that I prefer an Obi-Wan who appears strong and unaffected even though he is breaking inside, rather than an Obi-Wan who has someone he can reveal his weakness to...(that makes me sound very mean to our poor Jedi o_o ) Not to worry, we each have our own preferred ideals. I like to break Obi-Wan down so he can get h/c and I freely admit this story has a lot of "poor Obi" angst.

JediMasterAmanda: I?m happy to add you to the PM list.

In Before, I have a light-hearted Qui and Obi one-post.

Note: I really don't care if someone prefers to lurk - so lurkers, feel free to continue to lurk, but I appreciate hearing from you via post or PM once every 20 chapters or - it proves someone is readng.

Chapter 3. Before the Storm

?I guess it?s no rest for the wicked.? The dry comment as they exited the Council chamber brought a twitch of amusement to Qui-Gon?s lips.

?Wine, women, or song?? The master threw a sideways look at his padawan. ?Just what have you been up to while we?ve been separated??

?It?s in my mission reports, Master,? Obi-Wan replied serenely. As Qui-Gon cleared his throat, clearly deciding whether he wished to pursue this line of conversation, Obi-Wan chuckled. ?I have behaved quite properly as a Jedi should.?

?Of course you have.?

After a moment?s reflection, Obi-Wan added thoughtfully, ?However, once back at the Temple?.?

Qui-Gon?s eyes narrowed and his steps slowed as the words sunk in. Obi-Wan calmly swept past him, hands tucked in his robe sleeves, innocence radiating from him.

?What? Obi-Wan, get back here like a good padawan ? even if you?ve been a bad padawan.? Qui-Gon caught up to his waiting padawan at the lift entrance that would carry them from the Council spire down to the Grand Promenade. ?Just how bad??

?Well?.? Obi-Wan looked around and leaned forward to whisper into Qui-Gon?s ear, ?I fathered six children in one twenty-four time cycle -.?

?Oh, Padawan, you didn?t.? Qui-Gon groaned. ?Wait a minute ? Obi-Wan!?

Despite the twinkle in his eyes, Obi-Wan continued solemnly on, ?And then I asked Master Yaddle to marry me. She accepted, though Master Billaba tried to win my heart away from her. The ceremony is, ah, tomorrow.?

Qui-Gon crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. ?And Master Yoda didn?t object??

?Not at all. Master Yoda sa

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ah! A little bit of back-story certainly shows why Obi-Wan is so devastated.:_|

They seemed to have quite the friendship going.
    Obi-Wan seemed relaxed around his Master.

excellent post =D= [:D] [face_love]

10. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    hmm, interesting chapter. I liked the laid backness of it. I'm curious to see where in the actual storyline the next chapter will be...

11. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Beautiful chapter, in which the universe is still right for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon:_| He really had a great relationship with Qui-Gon...and six kids:p

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    they were the best friends and that has me curious what will be next. Will they be together as friends again?[face_praying]

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Over time the two Jedi had crafted their master/padawan relationship into something unique and satisfying. Hierarchy of rank still existed, but genuine friendship flourished as well. It allowed them to weather the occasional disagreements and disgruntlements of close association. It mended the hurt of hastily spoken words.

It would keep them close after Obi-Wan?s knighting, forever linked by affection.
    :_| If only! :_|

It's sad to see them still so close, since we know what is soon going to happen. :( Qui-Gon doesn't deserve Obi-Wan! :mad:

I love this story, and I can't wait for more! :D [face_love] @};-

14. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Good job! I loved the break between the angst: While I've yet to determine whether or not you can overdose on Obi-angst, it was still nice to have a bit of a rest; kind of a 'calm before the storm'.

15. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    All I can say is...awwwww :) Nice work as usual.

16. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Is this the calm befor the storm? Showing how close they once were makes the falling out so much more tragic. I can't wait to see what happens.=D= More! Please! Love this!

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gkilkenny: Ah! A little bit of back-story certainly shows why Obi-Wan is so devastated That's the point - it was not always a contentious relationship in this AU.

JediMasterAmanda: hmm, interesting chapter. I liked the laid backness of it. Thank you, it was fun to write.

GeneralKenobi7: Beautiful chapter, in which the universe is still right for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon He really had a great relationship with Qui-Gon...and six kids Life is good. At this time.

Earlybird-Obi-Wan: they were the best friends and that has me curious what will be next. Will they be together as friends again?[face_thinking] Maybe. Maybe not.

Arbed: All I can say is...awwwww That'll work. :D

Charie: Is this the calm befor the storm? Showing how close they once were makes the falling out so much more tragic. I just can't fool you, can I? Exactly.

18. ferusolinjedi

ferusolinjedi Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2009
    [uh more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its been months!!!!

19. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    quite a wonderful missing TPM scene, if I don't say so myself.

He would enjoy introducing Obi-Wan to the pleasure of dealing with Neimoidians

This really made me snicker, along with some of the other back-and-forth jokes in the chapter (Obi-Wan's two sets of triplets, for example)

Good to see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at their best. It's really sad to think that this was the ambiance going on between them just before the whole misadventure on Naboo and the confrontation with Maul that ultimately split them apart. I can't help but wonder much of what they were thinking here went unsaid as Qui-Gon moved to abandon Obi-Wan for his new apprentice.

Very intriguing. I'm fishing for an update soon!

Add me to the list for this fic, btw.

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ferusolinjedi: Months?.you exaggerate wildly. :D

Vivid_scripts: It's really sad to think that this was the ambiance going on between them just before the whole misadventure on Naboo and the confrontation with Maul that ultimately split them apart. I can't help but wonder much of what they were thinking here went unsaid as Qui-Gon moved to abandon Obi-Wan for his new apprentice.

I think both pretty much knew how the other felt but when the Force spoke to Qui-Gon, he listened to it and not his heart (hence the tactlessness he displayed, in part) while Obi-Wan listened to his heart while struggling to understand the Force.

In some ways, Obi-Wan is responsible for Qui?s diving headfirst without hesitation in pursuit of the ?Will of the Force? ? after all, listening to it got him Obi as a padawan.

Obi is a little too human to be totally ?oh, whatever the Force says, I?m in? like a good little Jedi.

Then, again, there might be other factors at work. Or maybe not.

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    PM's later...if you've read & posted by that time, I won't send one but you'll still be on the list.

Chapter 4. ~Naboo redux~

Naboo, again. Neither Jedi were enjoying this trip, for this time contrasted poorly with their first journey. Acrimony had reared its ugly head.

Obi-Wan had been quite unreasonable. Qui-Gon?s mouth tightened. Worse than unreasonable ? he had dared to question his master and to question the Force?s will. Neither was forgivable.

His treatment of Anakin Skywalker was abominable. The galaxy?s salvation, the Force?s own ?Chosen One? was a small nine-year-old boy torn from the only life he knew ? a terrible life, to be sure ? but the only one familiar to him. He should have been welcomed with open arms by the entire Order.

Instead he had been called dangerous by the Council ? and by Obi-Wan.

This boy blazed in the Force; a beacon amidst the parched landscape of Tatooine where they had been forced to land to secure repairs to their ship, damaged in the escape from Naboo.

A disgruntled padawan had remained behind on the ship, keeping an eye on and company with four young ladies, one of them supposedly the Queen, and several guardsmen. Disgruntled, because as a Jedi on a mission, he could not properly entertain himself with a young woman, had one been willing and of legal age?

Drat the boy and his jokes about triplets ? if there was one thing he was certain about, it was that Obi-Wan Kenobi was no womanizer ? and no true servant of the Force, as it had turned out.

Anakin Skywalker had burst like celebratory fireworks over the Jedi master?s senses at first meeting, nearly overwhelming him. Kind, compassionate, giving ? the Force could not have chosen a better one to be its emissary. Obi-Wan?s midi test on the boy?s blood served only to confirm what Qui-Gon already knew.

This boy would save them ? those now trapped on Tatooine, the Jedi Order, and the galaxy itself.

He had been half-drunk with eagerness to bring the boy before the Order. And enraged when he had.

?He shall not be trained.?

Mace?s words had fallen like acid rain.

?I shall take him as my padawan learner.?

Obi-Wan?s shock and anger had flashed through the Force like a lightning bolt.

?A padawan you have already, Qui-Gon.?

Yoda?s rebuttal had been a slap in the face.

Every cell in Qui-Gon?s body demanded the boy be trained. For all the Order?s prattle about sacrifice in the service of the Force, no one ? not the Council, not his padawan, not even his friends ? was willing to put into practice what they swore in principle. They would not sacrifice Obi-Wan Kenobi at the altar of the Force?s will.

Of course it was unfair to Obi-Wan that he was not ready for promotion but fairness mattered not at all.

Only Anakin did.

Even now, on the way to Naboo, the silence between the two Jedi was sharp and sullen.

Qui-Gon fumed, still, and Obi-Wan sulked like a petulant child. Only Anakin behaved as if nothing was wrong, throwing sideways looks at the padawan and adoring smiles at Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan was a thundercloud that sought to obscure the sun of those smiles with frowns of discontent. It rather surprised the Jedi master that the Queen and her handmaidens remained blissfully unaware, or too tactful, to inquire as to the sour mood that Obi-Wan trailed in his wake.

If bursts of girlish laughter were intermixed with a young man?s soft voice, out of sight, it was easy to dismiss such as any evidence that Obi-Wan was perfectly well behaved around others. Around Qui-Gon or Anakin he was not, for the pure civility he displayed towards Anakin surely only concealed contempt and dislike, ill-considered jealousy and spite ? behavior beneath a man and a Jedi both.

How could he once have so misjudged the young man as to think him a padawan without par, a thoughtful young man with a bright future? Qui-Gon was too disgusted to even feel sorrow ? for with his behavior, Obi-Wan was beneath contempt.

At least he had Anakin.

T

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Qui-Gon [face_shame_on_you] only thinking about the good that is in Anakin and only seeing the imperfections in Obi-Wan, your Padawan for so many years.

Great update with a 'bad' Qui-Gon=D==D=

23. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    You described Qui-Gon's thoughts perfectly.
    He has lost focus because of his perceived 'chosen one'

Qui-Gon is selfish and arrogant.:p
    He will be the downfall
    of the Jedi order.[face_shame_on_you] Qui-Gon.

A wonderful update. I love your writing.=D=

24. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I'm back and starting to catch my breath and you have yet another incredible story in the works. Just so you know, I'm not too happy with Qui-Gon at the moment. Okay, so maybe this is the story where Obi-Wan is comforted by jedidas3! Think about it, will you?[face_praying]

25. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Hmm. Interesting update. If only Qui-Gon would stop thinking about the boy and start thinking about Obi. [face_frustrated]