main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [Event] Board Game Day! 12pm on March 24th at TK-2970 & Jada's place

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We're kicking off our first Board Game event of the year on Saturday, March 24th at 12 noon at TK-2970 and Jada's [that's me!] place. [Believe or not, with folks coming from past past Hickory we end up being a more central location. :eek:]

We'll do a potluck for munchies, etc. [If you ask nice and all TK-2970 will make a cheesecake ;)]

What we have planned is a timed Monopoly tournament. Depending on how many folks we have we've got 2 different Star Wars monopoly games and the new Monopoly Here and Now edition. The winners will have to have a showdown in a SW Trivia match [the person who gets the most questions correct wins]. And there will be a prize [face_hypnotized] [face_mischief] for the winner! Afterwards we can play other games, watch a DVD or two, hang out, have fun!

Again, our house is home to an indoor cat. Depending on the weather Dogme aka Iceobel will be outside.

We are aiming to have 4 board game events this year - 1 each quarter.

Questions? Ask!

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just want to remind folks that this is coming up!

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    we have our gaming weekend this weekend as well... our RPG night is on the 23rd. It will be a very "G" rated night I have a feeling 8-} .. I am kidsitting firstsonofsolo's two children while he and his wife have a date [face_love] night :) [face_idea] I'm thinking I should bring out the Karaoke machine and see what extra trouble I can get everyone into...O:)

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I SOOOOOoooooo want to see Tim singing Tom Jones or . . . Elvis [face_mischief] Pictures or video . .. something!

Hmmmm, I wonder if our friendly neighborhood Klingons do a traveling Karaoke gig? [face_devil]

5. andyf

andyf Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    It is possible. It is just a matter of when.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We did our Monopoly tourney so to speak. We had 3 adults and 3 kids and an equal number of guys and gals so the guys played the guys and the gals played the gals.

Believe it or not both TK-2970 and I choose to play the Emperor without the other realizing it. And we both lost miserably. [face_laugh]

The winners were my sithling and her friend a young human male padawan. They had to face off in a tormenting game called Jar Jar Binks 3-D Adventure Game. [face_devil] [face_mischief] And trust me, this game is really hard! :eek:

My sithling ended up winning but being a benevolent hostess I let each of the kids get a prize - a miniature SW Lego. :D

Right now TK-2970 and andyf are facing off in SW Trivia Pursuit.

7. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm glad you guys had fun. Wish I could've been there to share in the festivities. :)

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I let them know that you've challenged me to a game of Trivial Pursuit. ;)

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    This shall be fun!!! :) Hopefully, this new job will come through for me and I can make a drive out there during the summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.