main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [EVENT] Charlotte area Clone Wars Theatrical Release, Fri 8/15

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    starwars.com has set the release date for The Clone Wars theatrical release -- Friday, August 15th.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008
    February 12, 2008

A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

click the above link for more

So, this is going to be a huge SW happening and we'll probably be teaming up with our costuming friends at the theater.

More information will follow on that but for now I'm doing the happy dance [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

*Locked by Request*

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, there are two things going on here . . . I think 8-}

1) We will go to the 8/15 midnight (or 12:01am) release as a group, no costume required.

2) The 501st and Rebel Legion have invited us to help wrangle (unless you have a costume approved by one of the groups). That will be on Saturday. We are hoping for AMC Concord Mills. Here is something I posted that I'm reposting here:

Our contact at the AMC Concord Mills is meeting with his manager Thursday. The situation is this:

AMC Promotions who work with Fathom Events (who basically own the lobbies in AMC now) has said no to us being there because they cannot sell us to make money for Fathom. (Apparently everything in the lobby can be sold . . . or something.)

However, AMC Marketing has said yes we can be there because it is good marketing for the theater.

Our contact will be speaking with the district manager who will hopefully say yes. [face_praying]

Our backup plan if AMC says no is to go to either Regal Park Place or see if the Grand Cinemas in Ardsley Town Centre will be having the Clone Wars.

I'll update this as I get information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.