main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Event Ideas

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by legoman, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I have been playing with a few ideas for events, but I would really like to get some input from everyone else. Instead of trying to get people together for meetings, let's use this thread to brainstorm ideas for future events.

If anyone, even our friends from out-of-town, has any ideas for an event, specifically one we can use for fundraising for our two charities, throw it out there. I don't want to see us lose the momentum we have right now, so let's get some ideas flowing, and make ourselves a Force in the community again. So far, we have raised around $11,000 for Gillian's Place. How fast can we get to $20,000?

To start things off, I've thinking about doing something that involves a food/clothing/toy drive (this would be good for Gillian's Place or Help a Child Smile) as well as some sort of Halloween event.

2. yodascorch

yodascorch Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    One quick idea is even a fundraiser on a Sat using M&M meats...I see allot of organization use them to help raise money..

3. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I spent the better part of 6 hours at work today going through a lot of the old threads on FanForce. Aside from reliving a lot of good memories, and mouring the long-dead QooC thread, I found a lot of great ideas that were left untouched in years passed.

I'd like to try to re-visit some of these ideas, and come up with a few more. With a "second group" and second charity now, I'd like to see us do 2-4 charity/promotional events per year for each one.

Right now, YJN has Grape and Wine (Sept), and FUN has the annual event at Welland city hall (May), and the Help a Child Smile extravaganza (Sept). Chris, John, TJ and I were discussing a potential annual event for YJN, likely to be held in May as well (I'm going to leave out details for now until we get a few more things figured out, but picture Disney's Star Wars Weekends in Niagara Falls...).

I would really like some input from everyone else. Some of the ideas tossed around in the past were a car wash, or a movie marathon, where we would get pledges to watch, for example, all 6 Star Wars films in a row, in a public venue, ie. a mall. We could also hold another softball tournament, which went really well last time.

Aside from charity events, we could use a few more social events, both small and big. Next summer, perhaps, another visit to Darien Lake or Canada's Wonderland? Or camping? As well, we need to revive the YJN Christmas party, which was always a lot of fun.

So, throw out any ideas you may have by either posting here, or on Facebook. With any luck, we'll have some new members by the end of September, and we can get ourselves more active in the community again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.