main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX EVENT: Medieval Times night of fun and friends

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    There exists in this modern world, a place where you can experience the adventure and romance of the Middle Ages. Legend has it that you can be transported back to a time where chivalry still reigns...

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament - a night of fun and friends. This is yet another joint venture between the Rebel Legion, 501st, and DFW Fanforce. All are welcome.

WHEN: April 26th - Saturday - 6:00pm show

WHERE: Medieval Times Castle is located on 2021 N. Stemmons Freeway Dallas, TX 75207 <map>
    Of Medieval Times' seven locations, the Dallas Castle is among the most picturesque, featuring a beautiful fish-filled moat beneath the drawbridge. It offers guests a superb view of all the action from each of its 998 permanent seats inside the Grand Ceremonial Arena.
    HOW: As mentioned before, we need ...
    - Minimum 15 people for a group discount
    - $43.08 per adult (includes tip, tax, special seating, announcement of our group, and simple drinks)
    - Total group payment must be made 3-4 days in advance

Money will be collected beginning at the April Sci-Fi Show (April 5th) until April 21 (Monday before the event). Or payment can be arranged to be sent to me (THX Jedi - Jeff - jeffh@dfwfanforce.net). Of course, regular tickets can always be purchased at the time of the show for those not sure of their plans. Any questions, please email, PM or contact me.

WHO:Anyone reading this: Rebel Legion, 501st, and DFW Fanforce. Or those who just consider themselves SW fans. :) All 3 groups will have members attending the April Sci-Fi Show. The current list of those attending ...

Me (THX Jedi)
    Mike
    Brian
    Brandon
    Traci
    Kristi
    Mika
    Abel +2 ?
    Mobius ?
    Chris ?
    HoboZuckuss ?
    Jaret
    Jango Bango +1
    Lance ?
    Cory +1 ?

Any additions or subtractions please inform. I'll be keeping this list updated.

Time for fun ... the old fashion way. :)

:cool:

2. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    BUMP!

Reminder: Pre-payment needs to be made to Jeff, Brian, or myself at the Con this weekend for this event. See above for details.

3. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Here is an updated list so far ...

Me (THX Jedi)
    Mike
    Brian
    Brandon
    Traci
    Kristi
    Mika +1
    Abel + Stephanie
    Mobius ?
    Chris Plotke
    HoboZuckuss ?
    Jaret
    Jango Bango +1
    Lance ?
    Cory Parker + Heather
    ---------------------
    This list is not updated with 501st members yet. Chris (StarGarrison CO) is getting me their list.

Please let me know if you want on / off this list. Those with a "?" next to their name, need to update their status with me. I need an accurate head count in order to make the reservation. Any questions, PM or email me. I am also taking Paypal for payments. Again, email or PM me for details.

4. Setine

Setine Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Jeff,
    Add a guest for me please. =) thanks!!
    kristi

5. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Was anyone aside from me interested in dressing up in medieval clothing for this event? Just wondering...

6. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I wasn't planning to. Remember your going to be eating with your hands and no silverware. If you think your 'dainty' enough, go for it.

7. Jango_Bango

Jango_Bango Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey Jeff, did you ever get the price for my 4 year old?

Let me know...I'm probobaly going to PAYPAL you since I am not going to make the
    Comicon.

Kev

8. HollywoodTX

HollywoodTX Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2002
    Hey can Kay and I go???????? If Kay is doign ok i know she would love that...Kristi call me with info! Also how much is it for a child? Ummmm one that does not eat?

sorry cant make it this weekend...Kay is not up to it. Miss you guys!!!
    Julie

9. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll find out child prices as soon as I can. They kept directing me toward a voicemail box every time I called them today.

10. Setine

Setine Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Julie!
    Hey great to see you! You coming up for a night at MedievalTimes? I will let you know the details this weekend. I have a few questions to ask you too. Don't worry about a place to stay, your normal room is waiting for you! ;)
    Would love to have you and Kay come up!

Kristi

11. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    AH *****!!

I found out at the job this last weekend, that I have another one, THAT weekend... So I wont be able to get out of a 2pm-1am gig, to make the show.

:((

Hope everyone else has fun tho.

:)

12. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    That reminds me of a song...

"Take this job and..."

Just offering moral support Jeret! ;)

13. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Thanks, but as a freelancer, I cant tell them that. Then I wont get more jobs or contacts from him later ;)

Oh well, hope ya'll have fun!

14. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Ok, our list is getting smaller now. I only have money from 3 people so far. The deadline is 4-21 (Monday). Just a reminder. We have to have at least 15 people or this wont happen so invite your friends.

I'm also taking Paypal to make it easier. My Paypal email is minion1414@earthlink.net Just send me a quick email when you use it to let me know.

15. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    I will pay via paypal Jeff. Do you have the child price ?[face_plain]

Let me know and I will forward mi dinero!

Kevito

16. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Jeff, I've invited my friends Brad and Karina, they are tentative and will discuss and get back to us with a decision :)

17. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Child (12 and under) prices are $31.17. This includes tax, tip, etc.

18. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Jeff, I got that taken care of! So do we have an updated count ?[face_plain]

Kev

19. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I got it. Thanks.

Here is the list of those who have paid ...

Jango Bango
    Mike
    Me (THX Jedi)
    HoboZuckuss
    Brian

Thats it. Come on people. :) Lets do this thing.

20. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Steph and I are still in, I just had to wait till closer to the event to pay. I get paid this Thursday, so I will be Paypaling you on Thursday or Friday.

21. KFalcon77

KFalcon77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Hey all, I'm gonna try and talk the misses into knocking off from work and going. If she doesn't I still may. I will have you paypal-ed by the weekend if its cool.
    Sounds fun!

22. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    O.K. The list of those who have paid is now over 13. I got your payment Abel. Yours too Lisa. Thanks. :)

Brandon? Traci? You guys going?

I'll be posting more details about when we'll meet before the show after I make the reservations on Monday.

23. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    What time will we be out of this thing? Like how long is a show? I finally landed a performing part with my Rocky cast(well, it was my first audition, just had to wait a while for the audition!) and I have to decide if I want to start performing this saturday or next. I dont want to try to perform this week if we are gonna get out of MT too late as I need at least an hour to do my makeup.

BTW, any of you guys wanna come out for my debut Texas performance? :D

24. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    i'd love to come out to your show... maybe we can even drag branson out too.... nevermind.

as for the length of the show, i can't imagine it going too late. remember that they do a few shows per night. and if we're going to the 6pm show, i'll bet it's out by 9pm or so.

25. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    I just went on the website and they have an 8:30 show after the 6pm one so we obviously have to be out by then! Prolly by 8pm.

Lemme confirm that I will be performing this Saturday and I'll let you all know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.