main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [EVENT] Party On The Plaza July 7th in Concord

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Fri 7/7 Party On The Plaza (Concord, NC)

GYPSY HEART BAND - Enjoy this outdoor party sponsored by the Shops at Afton Village. Located on the square in front of the shops, the party will bring giveaways for the kids and special sales from the retail and restaurant shops. Show starts at 6:30 and goes to 9:30.

TK-2970 and I will be there. He is friends with the guitar player in this band. I've heard tracks that he has done and he is awesome.

Let us know if you are going to attend and if you need a ride or something.

2. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Let me check my schedule, and I'll get back with you.

3. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Just checked with the wife. We can do this.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just so everyone is clear, this is an outdoor event. And being new to the area I am going to say that I'll be bringing bug spray. The skeeters think I'm a buffet and I don't want West Nile. :p

I think TK-2970 and I will coordinate to wear our Imperial Domination shirts so that we are recognisable. I know we probably can't get there until 7:30pm because of his work schedule unless I go early with one of his friends which I might do.

Don't mind me, I'm thinking and typing at the same time.

5. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    I agree with wearing something to identify that we are Star Wars geeks. Now, just deciding on which shirt to wear. [face_thinking] Decisions, decisions ...

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Do you all have those Walmart Imperial Domination shirts? TK-2970 also has the brown Imperial Skull/Crossbones one.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/clothing%20and%20costumes/e7_1_b.jpg]

I've been playing around with something for making a Charlotte Fan Force shirt. But I'm not an artist by any means. :p ;)

7. starrenite

starrenite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Apparantly *from reading the topic under this one*, our stalker has returned. So more than likely he'll be attending this as well. -sigh-

I can definitely do it, though I can't stay out late because I have to get up for work at 5am the next morning. I'll wear a Star Wars shirt too.

"VADER WAS FRAMED"
    Or I could just go to Wal-Mart and get the same shirt as you guys. :)
    (TK- I have the stormtrooper crossbones jacket lol, remember it the night of the movie? I think I wore it.. but it was a year ago HAHA)

See you guys then!
    (James, wanna hitch a ride with me?)

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    While this is a public event and we cannot stop anyone from attending I can assure you if he makes one move he will be facing the security there and having us call the police. Most folks I know don't want to spend time in the Mecklenburg County Jail. ;)

Plus, TK-2970 will be there. Today a retired WWE Wrestler asked TK-2970 if he had ever gotten into the ring because he had the look and build to be a good wrestler. :D ;) [face_skull] Maybe I should start practicing my ringside persona?

9. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    I have both ... I also picked up (2) of the black t-shirts w/ Darth on them from Walmart a few months ago ... for $1 each. :)

I need to coordinate the family for this ... I need to see about getting us all the same t-shirt so you can recognize us.:D

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Man! I wish I could have gotten the Darth one. I need more SW t-shirts!!!! [face_laugh] Well, I need more t-shirts period. All of mine are getting old and that is what I live in.

11. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I should be back in town, so gas permitting (you know, incase say the prices don't raise 20 cents again..) I'll be there.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    d00d if you need a ride let me know. I'm more than happy to pick you up.

13. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    i'm going with him (or him with me), we haven't decided yet :p

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, good. And I might just have TK-2970 follow you home to make sure you all aren't followed by the undesirable.

TKBIG - I've left a message for the management at the Shops at Afton Village. Now, these events are every month on the first Friday so here is my thought -- we could help provide entertainment for the October event. I don't know if The Imperial Remnant has a Vader but I know that Vader is an amazing crowd pleaser [just goes to show that folks go for bad boys :p]

What do you think?

15. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    That sounds great, thank you <33

16. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Wait, I can't follow her home? :p

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    If you're driving her home then it would be kind of dangerous for you to also follow . . . unless you are going to have her drive your car and you'll put on some rollerblades and ride the bumper. :p ;)

18. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    [face_thinking] That would indeed be highly interesting

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Which is one of the reasons TK-2970 would have to follow you . . . in order to mount the camcorder on the dashboard and record it all for history! :p ;)

Ok, just an update . . . I have not heard back from the Management Company regarding costumed characters.

20. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Jada: Just keep me informed so that I will know if I need to bring them with me on Friday.

BTW - How close is this to Concord Mills? Can you provide me with some directions? Thank you!

21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Here are the directions and a small map

Afton Village is exit 52 and Concord Mills is exit 54. I think I can safely say they are relatively near each other but please remember I'm the n00b :p

I'm going to try calling the management company again but IMHO I think we should go out, have some fun and make some contacts for Halloween. :D ;)

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, the n00b [face_blush] made a mistake. We drove to Concord Mills and it is exit 49. I need to look this up again.

Darned n00b!

23. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Thanks Jada!

Okay, now, pray that everything goes well for me so that I can be there Friday. [face_praying]

24. ROYAL_RED

ROYAL_RED Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    Hey Jada!

This is TKBIG's wife reporting in. :D

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    As soon as I saw the name I knew who it was. :D [face_dancing]

TKBIG, if prayer is what it takes then prayer is what you'll get. [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.