main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [Event] Sat, May 26th - Celebrating Star Wars 30th at Beatties Ford Library

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, I just want to get it out there that we are planning to do something on Friday, May 25th to celebrate the "birth" of Star Wars.

We aren't sure what. Perhaps a party and watching the original film [I have the DVD that was released last year].

If you have ideas let us know. Just save the date!

~Jada :)

EDIT: Changed title.

2. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    that sounds cool. How about a time of sharing our personal understandings of the Force and what it means to each of us. It is not fiction after all! LOL

Hey let's see if we can get a lightsaber shaped cake from Carvel! :D

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You Jersey folks and Carvel. OK, I'm sort of holding off on announcing something exciting until I get confirmation. So there is something mysterious for ya :p But it might not pan out. [face_worried]

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey.. we just got a Carvel right down the street from our house right here in Tucson.. pretty good ice cream :)

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've been working with the folks over at Beatties Ford Library and for the 30th "Birthday" of Star Wars they are going to show the original film [ep4 . . . although some call it A New Hope] ;)

When? Saturday, May 26th at 10:00 a.m.
    Where? Beatties Ford Library

We'll be there and Darth_Samuri is going to do a Jedi Academy demonstration.

More details to follow.

6. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Yeah and after that it would be nice to kick back a couple quarts of Romulan Ale (oops sorry wrong universe!). Ok maybe just hanging in downtown charlotte at the Breakfast Club nightclub would be good if anyone is into dancing and 80's nostalgia. (Do I have any takers? I can get a Sitter who lives in Charlotte). Come on! We can dance to The Imperial March theme LOL!

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    At 1pm in the afternoon? I don't think they're open :p ;)

But lunch afterward would be great!

8. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    He he! I was born on the same year as Star Wars. Thought my birthday is July 31st. [face_blush]

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, there is now a chance that this is going to begin at 11am instead of 10am. I need to confirm it with my library contact and then get in touch with Darth Samuri who is doing a Jedi Academy demonstration.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've confirmed with the library for 10am. I'm going to send Hama a PM with an article for fanforce.net main. [face_dancing]

11. Darth_Samurai

Darth_Samurai Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    I'll be there Saturday along with 2 students to put on a little demo. Can't wait. Will we be doing the demo indoors or outside? I'm thinking if there is enough room for us to do a demo inside, we can dim or cut off the lights and the lightsabers will look muuuuuch better. Either way though, we look forward to the event. See yall Saturday!!

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Most likely it will be indoors in the Foyer which is pretty bright. :(

I'm really excited too. The article is up on fanforce.net and I've sent out emails and myspace bulletins, etc. :D

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We met with the librarian yesterday. She will have a bunch of the Burger King toys to hand out to the kids. How awesome is that!

Hope some of you all can make it. Wear your SW shirts or a costume if you want. :D

If you have questions, PM me.

Also, this is really easy to get to.

Take I-85 to the Beatties Ford Road Exit [#37]. If you are taking I-85 N make a right at the end of the ramp. If you are taking I-85 S make a left at the end of the ramp. Go about 1/8 of a mile and make a left into the library. The meeting room will be immediately on the right. For those that have been to the book club we'll be in the right opposite it.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We had a great time today! Thanks to Darth_Samuri for bringing his padawans for the demonstration. :D And the library was thrilled to have us. We are planning to do an event with the Carolina Garrison sometime during the summer at the library. Just have to get dates set with Cher.

We had about 30 people there. The kids enjoyed it and we drew names out of a hat for 2 of the Burger King talking Darth Vader and a CFF shirt.

Here are some pictures:

Darth Vader with Charlotte, Queen of the City

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/30th%20Anniversary%20May%202007/0705260042.jpg]

Sign at the library [Opps! 30th Anniversary not 25th!]

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/30th%20Anniversary%20May%202007/0705260043.jpg]

David helping Jada with the drawing

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/30th%20Anniversary%20May%202007/0705260048.jpg]

Darth Samuri's padawans

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/30th%20Anniversary%20May%202007/0705260056.jpg]

Darth Samuri and Padawan

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/30th%20Anniversary%20May%202007/0705260055.jpg]

The Charlotte Fan Force with the Beatties Ford Staff

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/30th%20Anniversary%20May%202007/0705260057.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.