main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ever heard of a planet Telor???

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by starlight_kenobi, Sep 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I was wondering if anyone had heard of a planet called Telor? I was going to use it as the name of the neighboring planet to Telos. Any thoughts?

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I think for that close a word for a neighboring world, you'd have to develop a linguistic reason. Telos B or something would make sense, but Telor would only make sense if there was a habit of changing a final letter for subsequent entries in a series.

But no, I've never heard of a world called Telor. :)

3. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Really, I kind of imagined it as the sister planet to Telos. In the JA books it's only referred to as "the neighboring planet", so I thought Telor might fit. The plants would be basically the same with Telos being more natural, and Telor being more industrial and mined. They would be inhabited by the same people (basically) as well. :) Plus, I'm not that good at inventing names. [face_blush]

4. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I've never heard of Telor.

let's see, there's Tatoo I and II, neighboring suns; Rhommamool and Osarian, neighboring planets; Dubrillion and Destrillion, "sister planets"... I don't think there's any protocol on how to name neighboring planets. soumetimes they sound the same, sometimes not. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.