main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Every Writer has Their Day... Tell us about yours!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Set in Stone

This one really is my pride and joy. I think it was the first truly angsty piece I wrote. I don't really remember what inspired it but I do remember vividly having the image of Vader 'correcting' the mistake of Padme's name on her memorial appearing my head. It was so strong I just had to do something with it. The flashback scene came along with it and I was able to work them together into the vignette that it became. In fact, I think the flashback came first. And also, there's just something about it I love. I think it's the way the whole thing came together and the emotions it conveys. I know I was a bit surprised by the reactions I got from the readers, but in a good way. It meant the piece really got to people which made me very happy.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I had to think about this. :p

If I had to pick one piece of which I was especially proud it would be Tatooine Messiah which is actually a crossover. It's not that I think it's spectacularly well written or anything, just that I know how much WORK has gone into each and every post. I've literally worn out a set of the original Dune books doing research for this story! I just ordered a new set because the story isn't done yet. :p I've read and reread the original series as well as the new ones written by Herbert's son and Kevin Anderson, not to mention some of the ancillary books. I've enjoyed writing it because I REALLY immerse myself in the Dune universe when I'm writing it, trying to get into the rhythm of it as I craft the story. And Gina did some amazing cover art for it as well. You can see that on the first page. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.