main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    W00t! New Hyperspace Insider Supplement, by Abel Pena.

Don't have time to read the whole thing, but it looks to be full of enough Sith goodness to bring tears to Leto II's eyes.

EDIT: Scanned the doc, and this thing is better than the entire Insider 88. This should have replaced some of that other rubbish... [face_plain]

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Um...why does that link to the JCC? :confused:

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Whoops. :oops:

Corrected. Modly editing clipboard, and all that.

4. _ViE_AcheRoN_

_ViE_AcheRoN_ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2003
    What kind of info does it have, for us non HS-ers?

5. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I think there's actually more Sith info on the supplement than on the insider :D

6. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Curse you Hyperspace members!

(And you Powerpuff girls!)

7. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Wow. As a Sith fan, all I can say is, go Abel. That was excellent, and it makes the contents of Insider 88 look pitiful in comparison.

8. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    I just read it and :eek:. That has a lot of information in it about the early Sith (species) and their ruler and his holocron that every one wants. It has five paragraphs about the clensing of the nine houses and about Palpatine's Sith life. Also, the section on the Prophets of the Darkside was cool and mentions the GOTV a lot in it.(Triclops is said to be Palpatine's great personal failure) It seems Lumiya is hinted a mastermind behind many things including the death of Flint and Stih spirits returning. Great Abel! Also, the thing includes :
    A interview with Ray Park
    Wallpapers of the beatuiful covers
    The story and info about Lumyia from Galaxy Magizine #3
    A sample of the three books Palpatine wrote
    Another Short Story about a Jedi and Sith Spirits
    Overall... this supplement alone was worth Hyperspace.

9. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Wow, we learn quite a few things (I've only read some)

This is basically the new stuff (a lot, at least for me)

-KOrriban is again called homeworld of the sith

-The Sith Species "attitude" was a result of an early encounter with Anzati

-The Sith Species was Left Handed

-Sith Priests: Kissai Sith Warriors: Massassi

-Adas was 3000 yers before the Republic (27000bbyy). The "True Sith" are just the Sith before the Dark Jedi Came!

-King Adas had charcoal skin and unified KOrriban. He was "massive, regal and encased in majestic ebon warrior armor"

-Adas was 300 years old when he earned of the title "Sith'ari"

-Rakata attempted to conquer Adas and the Sith, taught him how to do holocrons.

-Sith Lost, Adas died. everything he knew passed down in his holocron (complete sith teachings)

-HOlocron passed to the king's "Shadow Hand"

-Sith relocated to Ziost, made it their capital, but became ununifified

-Exiled Jedi called Jen'jidai by the Sith people, had lightsabers.

-Shadow Hand helped the exiles kill the ruling Sith monarch.

-Sith people concluded the Exiles were more powerful than their "god" the "Sith'ari"

-They gave teh Exiles Adas' holocron, they learned everything.

-After this, the reign the first Jen'ari (Dark Lord) began

-Lord Garu was the last to have Adas' holocron. Died around the Great Hyperspace War. Freedon Nadd found teh holocron eventually.

-7000 bby a few of the recently exiled Sith returned to attempt conquest, lost, revealed that the Sith were out there.

-Republic purging of Sith was so thorough as to rival the Bothan ar'kai

-Darth Ruin was an Umbaran named "Phanius"

-Ruin learned from surviving Sith Clans. He was a Dark Lord amongst many Sith he recruited, they betrayed him and so began the war.

-Belia Darzu was a changeling and a creator of Monsters

-Kaan was a narcissist

-Darth Millennial had 3 eyes

-Another one of Palp's groups caled "The Emperor's Eyes"

-A "Dark Jedi" Conflict 150 years before Naboo.

-Darth Sidious "Thyrsian Sun Guards" (pre-Empire)

-We learn what Lumiya's been doing (Battle with FLint in Vjun, Jax, Korriban, Nyssa, ADas Holocron, etc...)

10. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    Hey folks!

Well, I can't express how happy I am that this piece has been published. Chilling in my hard drive for the last five years, it's nice to finally air it out.

Be back soon. Enjoy!

11. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    5 Years!? Must be hard for you to keep so much secret :D Great Info!

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That sounds *really* interesting.

It's a shame I used up my "two weeks free trial membership" three months ago... but... goddamit, there's always SOMETHING I want to read...

Edit: If it's as good as it sounds, I think Mr Pena has redeemed himself for the introduction of "Millenial" into the Darth lexicon*

Hmm... Darth Lexicon, there's a thought. o_O

* That said, "Lord Millenial" doesn't sound half too bad.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    So do these two mean that the Sith'ari is no longer just a reference to a Sith version of the Chosen One Prophecy?

14. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Sith'ari is a Sith title meaning "the Lord" or "overlord".

A new Darth: Darth Cognus, master of Darth Millennial.

I don't know if this was already in a source, but there's a retcon for the Korriban/Ziost discrepancy as to what the homeworld of the Sith species is. They came from Korriban, but massive infighting forced them to relocate to Ziost long before the exiled Jedi came.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Even if it was intended to be, it never really worked as the "Sith version" of the Chosen One prophesy anyway. If anything, it more accurately describes what Darth Bane did to the order. Destroyed it as it had previously been, and in doing so made it stronger than ever.

Anakin never "led" the Sith after all - and he was far from a "perfect" realisation of the Sith ideal.

My gripes aside, it seems to me that the whole "Sith'Ari" thing as it's depicted in KotoR has turned out to be a result of the integration between the Sith and the exiled dark Jedi. It's quite likely that the "final product" that we saw in KotOR was an amalgamation of both the exiled Jedi's knowledge of the "Chosen One" prophesy (corrupted to suit their own ends) and Sith culture and history.

Basically:

The Historical Sith'Ari + Legends + Dark Jedi Spin = "The Prophesy of the Sith'ari"

16. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Looks interesting. Pity My budget doesn't include hyperspace.

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Details!

18. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Ok, let's see:

-After Vader's death, Flint went to Bast Castle

-Lumiya found him eventually, and they battled, um, "Flint's despair was no match for Lumiya's hatred" and so Lumiya became his master.

-Lumiya sent Flint to kill Luke while she prepared the Nagai

-Lumiya heard of Flint's "redemption" and vowed to deal with him eventually, she sought to take another apprentice.

-Lumiya made a deal with Ysanne Isard, and she transferred some Royal Guards to here, including Carnor Jax.

-Lumiya and Jax kill the Prophets.

-She gave him limited training, and told him she would need to "gather necessary elements to rebuild the Sith ORder"

-Empire and Republic thought Lumiya dead after Caprioril.

-Lumiya orders Jax to infiltrate high places in the empire and prepare for the "ultimate threat to the sith legacy"

-The Reborn Emperor Revealed himself (this is what Lumiya was talking about) and Jax became par of his group.

-Jax did the whole physician poisoning clones thing.

-Jax then tried to contact Lumiya to lure her into a trap, but Kanos killed him.

-Before Jax died, he told Lumiya about a "stranger" named Nom Anor who was "interested in a possible alliance with the Dark Lady".

-At some point after the Battle of Endor, Lumiya goes to Nyssa and retrieves King Adas' Holocron from the Mecrosa (who had had it for a very long time)

-On Korriban, with King Adas' holocron and "through an Ancient Sith Oracle" she "watched circumstances unfold with great satisfaction".

My Thoughts
    So basically I guess that next she learned everything Sith from the Uber-holocron of Adas, and with help of Nom Anor contacted the Vong and Vergere before the war. Vergere told her about Darth Vectivus and she spent the remaining time in his Lair, learning more and formulating her plan.

PS: There's no mention of Vongorella

19. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Ah! Adas retconned as an actual Sith Lord (ie, a Lord of the Red-skinned race) rather than a "Sith Lord" (ie, Dark Jedi Master ruling said race).

Nice work, Abel!

20. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Actually, Adas was a unique Sith, he was born with charcoal skin, which predisposed him to a ruling position in his future. He wore black armor. M

y guess is, his armor is the "Sith Armor" Sidious based Vader's on.

And knowing LFL, if they ever show Adas' original Armor, it will look something like what Vader's armor was going to be:

[image=http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Chateau/9532/rm/etc/vader.jpg]

Kind of like what we Saw in TESB Infinities. That looked cool, and it would make a kicking Adas :D

PS: I guess I should also mention, Vader's glove was retconned. It's not the actual glove that is indestructible, Vader took one of Kaans indestructible gauntlets and sort of put his glove over it or something like that...

21. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    If Lumiya did contact Nom Anor, I doubt he passed on info of her to the other Vong, because in Agents of Chaos I the Vong first learn of the Sith from Obroa-skai. Also, according to some RPG source, she fights against the Vong in the war.

Does it give any more information on the Sith's role in the Mandalorian Wars, or the New Sith Wars (besides the tidbits on Belia and Ruin)?

And so the pre-Dark Jedi Sith were definitely spaceworthy and had their own empire?

22. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003

Actually, Adas was a unique Sith, he was born with charcoal skin, which predisposed him to a ruling position in his future. He wore black armor.

Oh, yes, I know that. I only used "red-skinned" so people knew I was talking about the species, not the darkside Order, when I said "Sith".

23. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    And oh...."Emperor's Eye" Triclops?

Abel, you magnificant bastard! [face_mischief]

24. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Cognosco is latin for "to examine, inquire, learn". Maybe it has something to do with the whole "Sith gain knowledge through power" thing they've got.

25. arf_maul

arf_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    Man, Abel should be in charge of the Expanded Universe [:D]

My thoughts exactly [face_plain] If they're not going to have Abel in every issue, then they should at least bring back HoloNet News to improve the magazine's value. :)
    I thought "Millenial" sounded ok. It was "Darth Zannah" that had me scratching my head a little. Is there a story behind that?

And interesting to note that Darth Plagueis did not receive a mention at all... That's not a complaint, just an observation. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.