main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Excalibur Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by DarthButt, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    [image=http://www.btmartin.com/images/excalibur01.jpg]

I loved this movie. A great depiction of the King Arthur story, and the mythology that goes a long with it. I've always been facinated with the story of King Arthur, and mainly it is because of this film. The acting is a bit stiff at times, but it seemed to date the era perfectly.

[image=http://www.btmartin.com/images/excalibur02.jpg]

It had the great sword Excalibur (obviously - it's the films title) in it. The Sword in the Stone, which no one would believe the unknown bastard son of King Uther, the swords original master, would be the only man able to draw the sword. Arthur grasps hold of the prophecy of the sword and becomes king, and creates the Knights of the Round table. It also told the story of Sir Lancelot, the greatest swordsman of all the knights, and his courtship of Gwenevere, King Arthur's wife.

It even stars Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson!

2. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I've seen a few posts about this movie; but I always post when I see one.

It's one of my favorites..it's in my top 10.

check out my signature

3. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Though I was skeptical at first (the actor playing Arthur looked wrong and Merlin looked a bit cheesy with the helmet), this movie won me over by the end. My favorite sequence in the film is the quest for the grail... Lots of great fantasy visuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.