main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Excalibur14's art MARCH ON TEMPLE 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Excalibur14, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Thanks for your comments Giolon!! I'm very happy you like my pieces. With the emperor, I had alot of trouble drawing him in the correct forced perspective of him being hoisted in the air and leaning back as well...but the concentration is on vader. Thanks again for comments!!!

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey there, Excalibur!

You have a nice collection of drawings here. I particularly like the "Sith Temptations", "Jedi Brothers" and the Boba Fett one. Nice job conveying all the nitty-gritty details and overall capturing the essence of the characters!

Your ROTJ WIP is also a very original idea. The return of the Jedi indeed. ;)

3. Excalibur14

Mar 2, 2006
    Thank you very much for your comments Han! I appreciate everything everyone has said so far. I'm glad you liked them! [face_blush]

Excalibur14

4. Excalibur14

Mar 2, 2006
  5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, Excalibur14, what a great update! I had to take my time and browse through all of them--beautiful work in all! I especially like Jango, Jean Gray and Legolas (who I would love to draw myself someday...)--Legolas in particular: the comment someone left in the DA account observed the flawless foreshortening of the extended bow-arm--I have to agree! It's gorgeous--that, and the detailing on the bow really make for a realistic rendering of the character. The Vader/Maul piece is a wonderful combination--I like the composition of it, with Maul's "challenge pose" superimposed over Vader's black armor. Very nice! Your lament for your Obi Wan vs. Anakin is rather lost on me--how did you "mess up" Obi Wan...? He looks pretty darned good to me! ;) I love that photo, too--it's a great shot of the former friends/turned enemies. And a great big "BRAVO!" for Frankenstein's monster!! What a wonderful drawing of Lugosi there! The stark shadows, the obviously pale skin--just awesome! Love that one! These are all wonderful!

FF

6. Excalibur14

Mar 2, 2006
    Thanks Falcon, I'm SO Happy you like them!, I was debating on whether to post old stuff like that. I appreciate every kind work and advice you have given Thanks again!

7. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Hey Excalibur, excellent work as usual. Very good work on the clones. As I said on DA those guys are so damn hard to draw, but you really made them great.

I had missed the Return of the Jedi-piece. It is really awesome! Especially Vader and how the lightning is going through him. =D= It will be really cool to see it finished.

8. Excalibur14

Mar 2, 2006
    Thanks alot! I really appreciate it..I know what you mean about the Clones, if you notice, the clones on the right were drawn first (all detailed and proportionate,) the ones on the left were drawn last so their helmets are wierd (I was starting to get lazy) lol..I appreciate your comments! Thanks again!

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice addition to the original Anakin sketch! I like how you combined the drawings together with the dark background. I think this may be the result of the scanner(or whatever you used to get the drawing into the computer), but the reflection of the graphite is a bit distracting, but that's all the criticsm I have. And plus, not really anything you can do about it.

Overall, very nice job! I really like it! :D

10. Excalibur14

Mar 2, 2006
    Thanks Han, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like it. Yeah the glare was from the scanner reflecting off of the ebony pencil I used for the night sky. I'm gonna try to rescan it tonight...maybe get a different result. I just went through my sketches, saw the anakin piece and started drawing in the clones behind him...Overall pretty happy with it.

Thanks again!

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    AAACK!! :eek:

How did I miss "March On The Temple?!" *rhetorical question*

The completed piece looks wonderful, Excalibur14! I thought the original drawing was great, but the troopers and b/g lend the heaviness and gravity to the scene that we saw in the movie...just excellent! And I commend you, undertaking all those troopers! I'd have gone batty trying to get them all "just right!" This finished version looks wonderful--bravo on going back to do this!

FF

12. Excalibur14

Mar 2, 2006
    Hey Falcon,

Once again, you shower me with your kindness. Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. It was fun to complete but after awhile i did'nt care what the troops looked like...as you can see by scanning the troops right to left....lol Thanks again!

13. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    I really like your "Jedi Brothers" piece. Especially the colored version where you perfectly nailed the lightsaber glow, outstanding the colored lights! It's also a very cool montage. Good work!

14. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Great piece! That was drawn while on a train? Very cool! I can't draw while in motion at all. I really like his face coming out of the hood, and the movement in his tunic. Nicely done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.