main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends EXONERATED: The Jade-Terrik Adventures - 2011 Diary Challenge - Completed on December 16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 31, 2010.

1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Jade:

Oh Nanci, your Mara rocks to the Orion belt and back again at least 4 times!!!!!!!

Aww, yay. :D She is a bit of a BAMF, isn't she? :D

Hazel:

Thanks! These ladies sure know how to have fun. :)

kataja:

Oooh, I was going to bed but I had to read this first and might as well comment though it probably won't be that inspired (insanely tired) [/b]

Lol, aww, well I'm glad you were so encouraged to read! :)

Ooooh, she certainly has nerve! "wonders of blackmail!" *falls of chair again*

Hee, don't mess with Mara Jade!

Why do I have a feeling those luckwishes weren't that sincere...

Because they weren't. ;)

Aww, sweet Luke - of course he misses her!!! And of course she misses him!!!

Who wouldn't?!?

The sense of humor you display in this fic is past stellar!!!

Awww, thanks. :) I have to admit, it's pretty easy to write these girls having a good time. :)

Stylish.

Hee, I liked that part. :D

Wait, who's the one who's always lecturing about unecessary... oh - never mind!

It's payback time for Lukie!!!!! You know that he is just LOVING every moment of getting to lecture Mara about using the Force. :D

I have this feeling you relish writing every word in this - and rest assured I relish reading likewise!

This is quite fun. :D I love writing silly, humorous stories that have no purpose whatsoever. :) (Although eventually this story will have a point that fits into canon.)

Briannakin:

I agree with Mara... Sending Kyp and Ganner on a diplomatic mission IS the best way to start a war.

Isn't it?! Thanks for reading!

Lane:

--Ahhh, the wonders of blackmail, I thought as I popped the candy into my mouth, closing my eyes to settle in for sweet dreams of my husband. --

And just how should I interpret this, eh? :p

However you want to interpret it. :D

Pairing those two up EVER seems like a recipe for an intergalactic incident. Late news would be all over the story of two Jedi causing a bloody riot.

Wouldn't it?! Although Ganner did redeem himself in canon. Sniff. Poor Ganner. :(

--?Didn?t seem like it,? Mirax assured me. ?I think he just misses you,?--

Oh Luke, you lovesick puppy :p

Can you blame him? She is pretty sexy. :D

Uh oh, do I sense a bit of a conflict brewing? Given that this is M&M, highly likely.

M&M in trouble?! Perish the thought!

Oh lordy, I hope Mirax shoots first. Come on Mirax, TAKE HIM OUT.

Heh, I was inspired by that scene, of course. :D

I love Head Bitch In Charge Mirax so, so, SO much.

Yippee!!! She's fun. :D

And this, gentlemen, is why you don't tick off Mirax Terrik-Horn or Mara Jade Skywalker. Embarrassment will follow.

As Kyp and Ganner can attest to. :)

She so would have shot first, Mirax. Give her a chance next time!

Don't worry, there's still PLENTY of time for them to get into trouble. :)

Falcon:

Mara is not a woman to triffle with well neither are to be honest.

No, they definitely are not! Thanks for reading!

Luna:

I kind of like the horribly inept bounty hunter, and how easily he was taken down.

I haven't decided if he'll be showing up again. I think there might be a plotline here. We'll see. :)

Padme:

Thanks for reading!

Jaina:

I loved it, because you know Mara and Mirax never need any help.

Except for then they're locked in jail. ;) Thanks for reading! :D

JadedGirl:

I always wanted a Mara/Mirax hijinks fic!

Thanks! And me too! (Hence this fic! :D )

Seriously though, your dialogue is AWESOME. And it needs to be, if Mara and Mirax are your two main characters. Kudos!

Thank you! Writing Mara/Mirax banter is so fun. And of course, Luke and Corran couldn't resist rubbing it in their faces. :)

--My husband steps forward and smile

2. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    It's Saturday somewhere...right?

----------------

ENTRY 5

The next several weeks flew by uneventfully, and Mirax and I were more than grateful for the lack of blasters in our faces. Work occupied most of our time, but at least Luke and I managed to get into a regular comm call routine. Retrieving his messages after waking up became the highlight of my day.

(Yes, I actually just put that in writing. I blame it on hormones. I think it?s that time of the month. And don?t you ever tell Mirax.)

Anyway, Mirax and I had traveled to Kuat for the latest Drive Yards Expo. I was more than excited, because I wanted to pick up a few upgrades for my new Jade Sabre, and Mirax asked for my input in some upgrades for the Skate, and who doesn?t love shopping with other people?s credits?

I was also looking forward to the event because Talon Karrde and Booster Terrik were going to be on-planet, and when those two get together, well, there?s always a chance of the universe imploding.

?Well, if it isn?t the galaxy?s latest dynamic duo!? Karrde exclaimed as we all met at the entrance to the Expo. I grinned and returned his hug, while Mirax greeted her father. ?Gotten into any more trouble lately?? he teased when he pulled away.

I rolled my eyes. The two of them had been merciless after they heard what happened on Coronet City. ?Actually, it?s been rather quiet. It?s kind of disconcerting.?

?Oh, well don?t worry about that, I?m sure you two will do your best to find some more trouble soon enough.?

?Very funny, Booster,? I shot back. ?Like you?re the epitome of good behavior.?

?Oh, I?m most certainly not, but at least I?m not pretending to be a good citizen.?

?Hey, I?m a Jedi Knight now!? I protested.

Booster grinned. ?Exactly.?

?Alright, alright, that?s enough of that,? Karrde said, cutting off my smart-mouth retort. ?Let?s go inside and see how we can make our ships that much more wonderful.?

?Sure thing, Dad,? I muttered as he led me inside the Expo.

Karrde grinned.

The Expo was fabulous. I purchased several upgrades for the Sabre (and made some contacts to purchase future upgrades that may or may not be legal in most civilized systems, but Luke doesn?t need to know about those). Mirax bought a new holocomm unit, which I pretended not to be ecstatic about; her old unit was starting to fail and Luke is just not as handsome when his face is full of static (but Mirax doesn?t need to know about that, now does she?). After the big event, Booster invited us to be his guests on the most obnoxious-looking ship in the galaxy, the Errant Venture. Mirax and I couldn?t say no, especially since Booster was about to host one of the most anticipated events of the year?his ultra-exclusive (and ultra-rowdy) Slingball Bowl party.

Oh, yes, to say I was excited was an understatement.

The ale was flowing and the food was plentiful. Smugglers and scoundrels of all species and homeworlds were present. Karrde and Booster spent the evening trying to out-drink each other. Surprisingly, neither of them ever seemed to get very intoxicated. I tried to figure out what they had up their sleeves to counteract the alcohol, but couldn?t see anything unusual?I guess that?s one of the reasons why they?re the best smugglers in the galaxy! (Don?t tell them I said that.)

And who else was present but my nerfherder of a brother-in-law, the illustrious Captain Han Solo (at least, that?s what he wants everyone to call him; yeah, right, like that?s ever going to happen).

?Hey, Sis!? he exclaimed, as he sat down at my table.

I shook my head; ever since Luke and I got married, Han refused to stop giving me a hard time. ?Hey Han,? I grinned. ?You?re looking slightly tipsy. How much have you had to drink tonight??

?Shh!? he hissed exaggeratedly, placing his finger over my lips. ?Don?t tell Leia!?

I glanced around the room. ?You do know that your wife isn?t here right now, don?t you??

Han?s eyes darted back and forth warily. ?It doesn?t mat

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh my... Force.

That was too funny.

I loved the Han/Mara being drunk. Oh what I would pay to see that...

But I loved how Han brought up Jaina being apprenticed to Mara, which is by far the best person to be Jaina's master.

Mirax is right... Jaina would be unstoppable. (Oh dear Chris Pine reference)*drool*

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] Oh dear. Mara and Han drunk together... wait until Luke and Leia find out.

And yeah, Luke will pester Mara until she takes Jaina on as her apprentice. It's one of the things he is good at - nagging :p .

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's Saturday somewhere...right?

It IS Saturday here. :D

Mara & Han being drunk together are so funny. [face_laugh]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool tie in to Jaina's apprenticing with Mara :cool: :D

Ah! Mara loves Luke's messages from home - melts!

It's not hormones -- it's Luke. :D ;)

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ?Welcome to the Skywalker family!?

?You could have warned me before the wedding.?

?Nah. Then I wouldn?t have anyone in the family to get fall-down-drunk with!?

Luke getting married is a gain for Han in a way. hehe

Oh, dear Mara. I hope you?ll forgive me copying this entry to my datapad. I just can?t resist the potential blackmail!

(And you really should take Jaina as an apprentice. With her mother?s attitude and your Jedi teaching, she?d be unstoppable! Citizens of the galaxy, cower in fear.)

- MTH

Mirax using this entry as blackmail. Can't wait for more :D

8. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Love it! Mara and Mirax was always going to be a kick-ass combination... I'm so glad you decided to let us in on it!

*Shame on you, profic, shame on you. You wasted a perfectly good plot line. Now you'll never get it back, cos this is *WAY* better than anything you could have come up with!* Ahem. Sorry, end rant.

9. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Work occupied most of our time, but at least Luke and I managed to get into a regular comm call routine. Retrieving his messages after waking up became the highlight of my day.

Mirax: Mara, are you still using the comm terminal?
    Mara: Yes, I'll just be five more minutes.
    Mirax: YOU'VE BEEN ON IT FOR THREE HOURS. What are you, some lovesick teenager!?

Yes, I actually just put that in writing. I blame it on hormones. I think it?s that time of the month. And don?t you ever tell Mirax

Gentlemen, take note of this stretch of time. I advise you all to avoid Mara Jade Skywalker at this point every month.

I was more than excited, because I wanted to pick up a few upgrades for my new Jade Sabre, and Mirax asked for my input in some upgrades for the Skate, and who doesn?t love shopping with other people?s credits?

Mara and Mirax so would go on a shopping spree for ship parts. While other girls are fawning over dresses and jewelry, M&M are gushing over hyperdrive motivators.

I was also looking forward to the event because Talon Karrde and Booster Terrik were going to be on-planet, and when those two get together, well, there?s always a chance of the universe imploding.

Too much awesome in one location. The mass of all of that win could cause a massive collapse and rip apart the thread of the very fabric of the universe.

?Very funny, Booster,? I shot back. ?Like you?re the epitome of good behavior.?

?Oh, I?m most certainly not, but at least I?m not pretending to be a good citizen.?

Booster. I want to have a drink with you sometime. Just because.

?Alright, alright, that?s enough of that,? Karrde said, cutting off my smart-mouth retort. ?Let?s go inside and see how we can make our ships that much more wonderful.?

?Sure thing, Dad,? I muttered as he led me inside the Expo.

I don't care what anyone else says, Karrde and Mara have a father/daughter relationship.

and made some contacts to purchase future upgrades that may or may not be legal in most civilized systems, but Luke doesn?t need to know about those

Of course, Han would LOVE to hear about these upgrades. :D

Mirax and I couldn?t say no, especially since Booster was about to host one of the most anticipated events of the year?his ultra-exclusive (and ultra-rowdy) Slingball Bowl party.

You know, if on Earth, I could totally see M&M sporting football or soccer jerseys, sitting at the bar of a sports tavern, and screaming at the television.

And who else was present but my nerfherder of a brother-in-law, the illustrious Captain Han Solo (at least, that?s what he wants everyone to call him; yeah, right, like that?s ever going to happen)

Hey now. He's backed off from asking you to address him as The Glorious and Roguishly Handsome Captain Han Solo.

?Shh!? he hissed exaggeratedly, placing his finger over my lips. ?Don?t tell Leia!?

I glanced around the room. ?You do know that your wife isn?t here right now, don?t you??

Han?s eyes darted back and forth warily. ?It doesn?t matter.? He leaned in, as if he were imparting one of the galaxy?s biggest secrets. ?She knows everything.?

If there's one woman in the galaxy that's impossible to keep a secret from, I suspect it would be Leia. I imagine Han never gets away with ANYTHING.

?No, you need more. I?m buying!?

Han Solo's words of wisdom for the day. Drink more.

And I was handling my liquor fine, thank you very much. I was just very loud.

But so was Han, so it was all good.

Drunk Mara must be absolutely hilarious... but as hilarious as drunk Mirax?

After a few seconds, he leaned over to stare at me. ?Hey, Sis.?

I love that Drunk!Han calls her "sis" :D

?I?ve actually, uh, got something serious to talk to you about.?

?Really? Right now? When I?m trying not to puke on your floor??

It's Han. Is there ever an appropriate time with him?

?Really? Who??

?Jaina.?

D'awwwww!

?You shouldn?t tell her about my drunken antics tonight, then.?

?Don?t worry, I won?t be telling her a

10. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Oh man....this story kills me!!...LOLOL I seriously can't stop laughing. Awesome job, keep the hilarity coming!

MaraJ

11. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Saturday ? darn ? missed that! But my last week was so crazy I?ll excuse myself this time and just jump straight into the fun

Retrieving his messages after waking up became the highlight of my day.

(Yes, I actually just put that in writing. I blame it on hormones
    Heh heh. You call it hormones, Mara. We call it love. :p
    Hey! [face_batting] Could I borrow that misunderstanding?

Mirax and I had traveled to Kuat for the latest Drive Yards Expo
    [face_laugh] Yeah, of course they?d have an Expo. Brilliant place of action. Hey, can I borrow that too at some point? :D

and made some contacts to purchase future upgrades that may or may not be legal in most civilized systems, but Luke doesn?t need to know about those
    At least he won't know until he sees the please-don't-look-this-way-'cos-this-is-a-secret-I-try-to-keep-from-you-place in your mind next time you Force-meld.

?Hey Han,? I grinned. ?You?re looking slightly tipsy. How much have you had to drink tonight??

Han?s eyes darted back and forth warily. ?It doesn?t matter.? He leaned in, as if he were imparting one of the galaxy?s biggest secrets. ?She knows everything
    .?
    Always nice to see a man having a healthy respect for his wife [face_peace]

A few hours later, Han and I were pretty much piss drunk. Okay, we were very piss drunk. It was his fault! He kept feeding me drinks and after Han bet that I couldn?t handle my liquor, well, I couldn?t say no to a challenge! Plus my team lost the championship and I was just depressed after that. (I had bet against Karrde, which, in hindsight, was a really stupid thing to do.) And I was handling my liquor fine, thank you very much. I was just very loud.
    Good grief!:oops:

?I?ve actually, uh, got something serious to talk to you about.?

?Really? Right now? When I?m trying not to puke on your floor??

?Sure, why not??

I groaned and rolled over on my side. ?What is it, Solo??

Slowly, he leaned over so he could look at me. ?You ever thought about teaching Jedi??

?Maybe. Eventually. Why??

?Because I know someone who?d like to be your apprentice.?

?Really? Who??

?Jaina.
    ?
    Aww ? how sweet he is. And what a perfect moment to tell Mara. [:D] Well, from a screwed POV perfect, but anyway!:)

?Luke?s going to bother the hell out of me about this for the next several years, isn?t he??

Han grinned. ?Now you know why I wanted to warn you first, Sis.?

?Ugh,? I groaned. ?And I thought him pestering me about becoming a Jedi for ten years was bad enough
    .?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, dear Mara. I hope you?ll forgive me copying this entry to my datapad. I just can?t resist the potential blackmail!
    [face_laugh] [face_dancing] :cool:

Wonderful update - as always!!!

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Jaina:

I loved the Han/Mara being drunk. Oh what I would pay to see that
    I think we all would. [face_laugh]

But I loved how Han brought up Jaina being apprenticed to Mara, which is by far the best person to be Jaina's master.
    She really is! This idea will be woven throughout the story.

Mirax is right... Jaina would be unstoppable. (Oh dear Chris Pine reference)*drool*
    Ahhh, Chris Pine. [face_love]

Briannakin:

Oh dear. Mara and Han drunk together... wait until Luke and Leia find out.
    Who says they'll find out? [face_mischief]

And yeah, Luke will pester Mara until she takes Jaina on as her apprentice. It's one of the things he is good at - nagging
    Thankfully he's also very good at other things, so it all evens out. ;)

Hazel:

Mara & Han being drunk together are so funny.
    I'm glad you think so! I for one think that Han was very glad when Ms. Jade became a part of that crazy family. :)

Jade:

Cool tie in to Jaina's apprenticing with Mara
    Thanks! Along with being humorous, I wanted to show Mara's growth from newfound Jedi to willing Master.

Ah! Mara loves Luke's messages from home - melts!
    Shhh, don't tell anyone! ;)

Falcon:

Luke getting married is a gain for Han in a way. hehe
    Oh yes, I definitely agree. [face_mischief]

Mirax using this entry as blackmail. Can't wait for more
    Everyone gets blackmail in this fic. :D Thanks!

Katana:

ove it! Mara and Mirax was always going to be a kick-ass combination... I'm so glad you decided to let us in on it!
    Thanks! I love these two ladies and thought they deserved their own fic. :)

*Shame on you, profic, shame on you. You wasted a perfectly good plot line. Now you'll never get it back, cos this is *WAY* better than anything you could have come up with!* Ahem. Sorry, end rant.
    Ha, thanks! Although if Del Rey ever did decide to do a Mara/Mirax book, I'd be first in line and would gladly let it override anything in this fic. ;) (Especially if it was written by Zahn, Stackpole, or Allston! I'd even take Stover or Luceno! I can dream, right? [face_laugh] )

Lane (who wants to be the meat in an M&M sandwich):

Mirax: Mara, are you still using the comm terminal?
    Mara: Yes, I'll just be five more minutes.
    Mirax: YOU'VE BEEN ON IT FOR THREE HOURS. What are you, some lovesick teenager!?

Heee, this makes me giggle so much. :D

Gentlemen, take note of this stretch of time. I advise you all to avoid Mara Jade Skywalker at this point every month.

Definitely. I know how cranky I can get! I can only imagine Mara under the thrall of PMS hormones!

Too much awesome in one location. The mass of all of that win could cause a massive collapse and rip apart the thread of the very fabric of the universe.

Great Scott!

I don't care what anyone else says, Karrde and Mara have a father/daughter relationship.

He was father of the bride. :D

You know, if on Earth, I could totally see M&M sporting football or soccer jerseys, sitting at the bar of a sports tavern, and screaming at the television.

And getting into barfights. :D

If there's one woman in the galaxy that's impossible to keep a secret from, I suspect it would be Leia. I imagine Han never gets away with ANYTHING.

No, he definitely does not. :D

Drunk Mara must be absolutely hilarious... but as hilarious as drunk Mirax?

Perhaps we will be seeing drunk Mirax sometime in this fic. :D

It's Han. Is there ever an appropriate time with him?

No. :)

--?Ugh,? I groaned. ?And I thought him pestering me about becoming a Jedi for ten years was bad enough.?--

That's your own fault

Yup, she was avoiding the obvious, huh? :D

Ahahahahahaha! Blackmail in the hands of Mirax? You are in so much trouble now, Mara!

Yes, yes she is. :D

MJ1225:

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

kataja:

Saturday ? darn ? missed that! But my last week was so crazy I?ll excuse myself this ti

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    PLEASE BE PREPARED: THE FOLLOWING UPDATE CONTAINS EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF MUSH IN HONOR OF VALENTINE'S DAY.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. [face_love]

------------

ENTRY 6

Somehow I woke up the next morning safe and sound in the Skate, although with no recollection of how I got back there. Mirax informed me that Chewbacca had carried me to my bunk, which made me smile profusely.

We left Kuat and planet-hopped around the Core for a few weeks before finally heading towards Coruscant. I was ecstatic for several reasons: first, Karrde was giving me a two-week vacation; and second, Luke was going to be on planet the entire time.

Two weeks together after over two months apart.

Yeah, you could say I was pretty damn excited.

I think everyone in our immediate circle of friends realized this, too, because nobody bothered us for a good forty-eight hours after Luke met me on the landing platform. And if anyone had dared comm us during that time, I would have killed them.

Toe curling, remember?

Anyway, Luke finally had to leave our apartment to take care of some business at Jedi headquarters, and I decided to go with him, seeing as I was a Jedi now and all. I could tell that Luke was pleasantly surprised by my interest, but unbeknownst to him, I had actually been studying up on Jedi texts during my downtime on the Skate (and not just because it was a quick way to fall asleep!). As Luke drove us to headquarters, I imparted some of my newfound knowledge about the history of the Jedi Order, which made him almost swerve into the adjacent lane and crash our speeder.

(Sometimes, he really has so little faith in me!)

Later that night we made plans to meet with Leia and Han, Mirax and Corran, and Iella and Wedge for a couples? night on the town. It also just so happened to be Sweethearts? Day, one of my least favorite holidays in the galaxy, but for some reason one of the most popular ones on Coruscant. But apparently, one needn?t worry about making dinner or show reservations well in advance when your party consists of the former Chief of State, four New Republic war heroes, a former Intelligence officer, and two of the galaxy?s loveliest smugglers.

(I would be among the latter part of that group?although I have found that announcing oneself as a Jedi Knight and wife of the Jedi Master does have its perks, although I would never actually admit that to Luke.)

We ate at one of Coruscant?s most exclusive Corellian restaurants (I sided with Leia about having Alderaanian food instead, but we were swiftly outnumbered by all the Corellians, and nobody even paid attention to Luke?s suggestion of Tatooine fare, which probably consists of dried dewback meat and a side dish made of sand). As Wedge poured out glasses of Whyren?s, I discretely elbowed Han, who was sitting to my right. He elbowed me back and Luke and Leia both gave us a look, which made Mirax snicker. Thankfully, she didn?t bust us and reveal our secret about having way too much to drink. (I?m beginning to think that Booster was right when he coined the phrase ?what happens on the Errant Venture, stays on the Errant Venture.?)

Dinner conversation quickly turned to the other couples? children, something I learned always happened even when the children were elsewhere?especially when the children were out of sight, actually. The other couples soon began trading tricks of the parenting trade, and even Luke was able to chime in, since he had a lot of experience watching his niece and nephews and was around a lot of children at the Academy. For once in my life, I kept quiet, listening with interest to the conversation but suddenly feeling very out of place.

My misgivings were soon eradicated as we left dinner and arrived at the opera house for a showing of the famous Mon Calamari ballet Squid Lake. All the men looked positively uncomfortable as they settled into our box seats, tugging mercilessly at their collars, and I could sense Luke?s dread about the upcoming show. But eve

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ?It?s not Sweethearts? Day anymore,? I pointed out, but still holding him close to me.

?It?s always Sweethearts? Day with you.?

Before I could get out a smart-mouth retort, he captured my lips again, and all my misgivings were promptly swept away.

very sweet Luke [face_love] always knows what to say and do [face_love]

I?m going to ignore all the disgusting romantic stuff because you guys are newlyweds and deserve it. But I do have to impart one important piece of information that is essential to getting through motherhood with your sanity intact:

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ALLOW WES JANSON TO BABYSIT YOUR CHILDREN. I don?t care how good Luke is in bed or how long it?s been since you two have had a night alone. DO NOT ALLOW IT.

Now if you?ll excuse me, I have to go fix the broken appliances in the kitchen.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Isn't that the truth

More soon

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_love]
    That was too cute - perfectly mushy.

[face_laugh]Mirax's comments are priceless

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    mega ginormous squggles and melt!

Luke is a total sweetie. He can say things like: It's always sweetheart's day with you and get away with it for two reasons: those blue eyes of his and he actually means it. :* :*

[face_dancing]

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ... and I made a mental note to tell Luke to never let Wes Janson anywhere near our future children

Suddenly, all those fanfics I've read portraying this exact situation flashed through my mind. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oooh, love romantic Luke SO MUCH! [face_love]:*

18. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

...And here I also decided that I liked Valentine's Day. :DI can read wonderful stories! [:D]

19. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I enjoyed the date night and how awful the boys thought Squid Lake was. The party on the Errant Venture was great fun as well with good blackmail possibilities. Sorry I missed an update during my move, but it was nice to get to read a 2 for 1!

20. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Oh, poor Mirax...although she honestly should have known what she was getting into...

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    It's time for more M&M hijinks!

Falcon:

very sweet Luke love always knows what to say and do

Yes...sigh. I love him so.

Isn't that the truth

Wes Janson - scariest babysitter ever!

Briannakin:

Mirax's comments are priceless

Thanks! I love trying to think of snarky things for her to say. :D It almost makes me wish I did the diary from her perspective!

Jade:

It's always sweetheart's day with you and get away with it for two reasons: those blue eyes of his and he actually means it.

I know right?! It's almost barf-inducing but he makes you just melt. Poor Mara! [face_laugh]

Hazel:

--... and I made a mental note to tell Luke to never let Wes Janson anywhere near our future children--

Suddenly, all those fanfics I've read portraying this exact situation flashed through my mind.

I've got two of them. :D

Piper:

Thanks! :D

Luna:

I enjoyed the date night and how awful the boys thought Squid Lake was.

I know, I just love that mental image. And as we know, Squid Lake is kind of incredibly boring. Also I liked the irony of Luke being forced to watch the ballet that his father was watching when was basically lured to the dark side. [face_laugh]

pinkpearl:

Oh, poor Mirax...although she honestly should have known what she was getting into...

She should have known what she was getting into when she married Corran! :oops:

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    This entry is dedicated to Lane, and any other male brave enough to read this diary. :D

-----

ENTRY 7

After two glorious weeks, Luke and I reluctantly parted ways, him heading back to Yavin IV and Mirax and I heading off on a mission for Karrde. I wasn?t too upset about leaving, since I had plans to visit the Jedi Academy in a month, but Luke was not happy about my upcoming job.

?I don?t understand why you and Mirax have to be the ones to go on this mission,? he was saying.

?Luke, nothing is going to go wrong. We just have to go in, get a few pieces of information, and leave. Ghent will be with us.?

?No offense to Ghent, but that doesn?t make me feel any better.?

I shook my head. ?Don?t get all protective of me, Skywalker. You knew that nothing was going to change once we got married.?

?Yeah, but I didn?t realize that you?d be heading off into the heart of the Imperial Remnant on a dubious information-gathering mission.?

?Maybe you forgot, but we?re not at war anymore,? I said smugly.

Luke sighed. ?I still don?t like it.?

I gave him a kiss on the cheek. ?Don?t worry, Luke. Maybe some of them will remember me from my Emperor?s Hand days and want to assist me.?

?Not funny.?

?Bye, Luke.?

He kissed me back. ?Be careful, Mara.?

?Hey, it?s me!? I called back over my shoulder as I walked up the ramp.

?That?s it, no more hanging out with Han Solo, young lady!?

I didn?t admit it to Luke, but I was a bit nervous about our upcoming mission. Karrde wanted us to infiltrate Moff Delin?s estate and get some information about his various businesses. Somehow, Karrde must have heard about my history of breaking into the quarters of high-ranking Imperials.

What is it they say? The circle is now complete?

Anyway, we stopped off at the Wild Karrde to pick up Ghent, Karrde's long-suffering prodigy and current New Republic slicer (I didn't even bother to ask what favor Karrde was calling in to get Ghent to help out), who tiptoed and stammered his way around the Pulsar Skate during our trip to Remnant space. Once we got there, everything went smoothly. We managed to get invited to the Moff's estate for a large gala and sneak off to a deserted wing. Ghent went about his slicing duties while Mirax and I patrolled the corridor.

Everything was going way too smoothly.

?Freeze!?

Famous last words, eh?

I didn?t want to get into a fight?not yet, at least?so Mirax and I went along with the pushy stormtroopers who shoved us into an empty office. After a few minutes, Moff Delin entered the room, looking smug. I wanted to smack the smirk off his face, but I kept hearing Luke?s voice in my mind telling me to be calm and find my center. I didn?t know whether it was actually his voice or just a remnant of all my training with him, but either way, it was pretty damn annoying.

?So ladies,? Delin said as he settled in his chair, ?where is your slicer friend??

I spoke up quickly, wanting to take control of the conversation?and perhaps practice some of those Jedi mind tricks I?d heard so much about. ?What slicer friend??

?Don?t play coy with me. I know he?s snooping around my system right now.?

I stared at him as intently as possible, and moved my hand ever so slightly out of view. ?I?m sorry, but I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

?So you two are here entirely by yourselves??

?Yes,? I said firmly, reaching out with the Force with all of my being. The Moff stared blankly for a moment, then blinked rapidly, leaning back in his chair.

?Very well then,? he said. ?That?s too bad for you, though. Nobody will be here to rescue you.?

I shook my head. Don?t people know who I?m married to?! It?s like everyone has a death wish or something! ?Yeah, um, I doubt it,? I retorted.

?We?ll see,? Delin said ominously.

?Mara, watch out!? Mirax yelled. I jumped up and ignited my lightsaber in one short second, but then I fell on the floor, suddenly feeling very drowsy.

?Oh, kriff,? I mumbled.

I woke with a start in a dark room.

23. kesiera

kesiera Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2011
    ?This isn?t Inception, Mirax!? I snapped, mentioning a popular holothriller that we?d seen on Corellia.

Of course, Corran was a huge Inception fan. He secretly carried his own totem around for an entire week before Mirax caught him and told him how stupid it was.

Excellent work :)

24. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I like that it was Ghent that had to get them out of the situation, and the awkward moment afterward. Very funny.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Hilarious update!

Poor Ghent. I think I say that every time he comes up in a fic.