main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EXPLOSIONS IN LONDON!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MANDALORIAN, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ben/Wonderpants - don't know his TFN name - is okay. Emailed me.

He will be walking home, so may not get to PC for a while.

I would like to thank IGN and TFN for coping and providing us in London with a way to check on others (albeit only fellow Forum members), when mobile phones have gone down as a precaution, and email appears to be slow.

2. Brynhilde

Brynhilde Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I'm fine, but counting my lucky stars. If a friend of mine hadn't decided to go to Spain this week, her, my twin sister, some friends and I would have all been in London today going to the theatre. Eep.

I hope everyone is okay, and that the totals of dead and injured don't rise any further. Thank goodness this has happened also after all the universities have broken up fo the summer, otherwise you'd have even more people in London.

3. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    What a load of.... Do me a favour, and stop with the inflammatory and offensive comments. If you know so much about peace and terrorism, why don't you stick to posting what needs to be posted in this thread instead of derailing it with extreme views about something you don't even understand?

For someone that can't even spell the name of a Prophet that's he's bashing, I hardly think we need to listen to your predictions on the future of humanity and it's realisation of Muslims and Terrorists being one and the same.

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    .....I agree with DI.

With everything going on, I didnt quite pick up the sarcasm intended in the 'religion of peace' statement.

I for one am always happy to 'learn' and share more knowledge here, aswell as 'laugh' and 'live together' under one 'roof'.

Hellova day for all. But can do without bigotry and racism here.

No tolerance for ignorance. :mad:

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    People need to come together at a time like this. Not argue. That can wait for another day. :)

6. mvwg3003

mvwg3003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Well said Jase and Darth_Imran. =D=

Oh Tony's on again.

7. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    It's scary. Only last week my dad was saying if anyone's going to strike they'd cause chaos in London while Blair's up at GlenEagles.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    :(

Tony looks so close to tears.....

9. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Personally, not only is this not good for the world, but it's extremely bad for our country. We've been out of the way for a while, and peace has been on our side. Everything in this country has been clam and relaxed, and this is the thing that's come along to upset it.

This seriously gets to me because life in the UK will never be quite the same ever again.

10. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Do we even know why yet? Is it something like G8 or just no singular reason?

Though I suppose we'll find that out when we find out who.

11. mvwg3003

Jan 10, 2005
    I think the attack was orchestrated precisely because everyone's attention was directed towards the G8 and the possible rioting and trouble there.

And I agree Darth_Imran, the comments of many I have read indicate that things will never be the same again. This will provide a reason for extreme groups to lead a hate war I fear.

12. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...and a reason why to oppose the bigotry and racism that thrive in this climate and stoke the fires of hatred during times like these.

Yes - the whole thing is obscene and my heart felt sympathies go to all - but the fight continues against intolerance and this we mustn't forget.

It has touched all of our lives at some point and lest we forget those that have fought in war and died already to create a better place to live.

No justice - no peace. [face_peace]

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We are wouded, but our resolve is not broken
    These terrorists will not run our lives

I praise the emergency services for how well they have dealt with the situation

We are lucky it was not much worse

14. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    So has everyone checked in now or do we still have some unaccounted for FFUKers?

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    One missing so far in the London forums - Malkie, but thats all.

16. mvwg3003

Jan 10, 2005
    I was wondering about Malkie. I don't know where he lives but he's a notable absentee.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sure hes fine

18. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Been following this all day at work.

Hope everyone is alright & got home ok.

19. mvwg3003

Jan 10, 2005
    More fatalities confirmed, including two from the bus blast.

20. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I hope all our tf.ners in London are ok. I am so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

~Jada @};-

21. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    The spirit of the London Police, emergency services and People really Shone throughout todays events. I am amased how well it was handled. horrible day after such a great one

22. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I would just like to add my sympathies to those that've lost loved ones and have relatives that are injured.

23. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I say too that our prayers are with all affected by this tragedy. It's a terrible day for our country, but, as has been said before, the way in which the emergency services and everyday Londoners reacted was magnificent and indeed heroic.

24. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I have noticed that Fizzbin has not checked in yet.

Come on, Phil. Chime in, buddy. Let us know you're alright.

25. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I got an old col m8 down there for uni, she could well have been on one of them trains thismornin but she was hung-over from last night. First time i've ever been thankfull of that [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.