main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Extra, Extra! The Truth and Rumors thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    The sporting world is always a whisper with possible trades, signings, and gossip...

Come here to discuss the rumors concerning your favorite team or sport!

One of the hot topics right now is Baseball's Hot Stove season...but don't limit discussion to this...come here to talk about it all!

What's happening in your favorite league?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Here's your first item: ESPNNews is reporting that the As are promoting Bob Green to manager.

3. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    The Cubs have signed Soriano.

This means that bidding for the other big names will probably go up a bit....

4. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    This just in!

The Giants are reportedly talking with the Sox about a trade for Manny Ramierez.

Who can they give the Red Sox that would make the trade worth while? Is this likely to happen?

5. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Wow, I'm surprised they'd consider dealing Manny. I know he's not the youngest guy in the world anymore but he's their best all around hitter and David Ortiz's power protection.

6. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Yea. I don't know who the Giants could deal away to get Manny, that would make it worth the Soxs' while...

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It appears they are going to sign JD Drew to replace his bat in the lineup, and his position on the DL. So, I guess with that knowledge, they can be looking for just pitching back.

8. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    They're also talking to Dave Roberts and Rich Aurillia. Though Roberts is fairly old and Aurillia hasn't put up good numbers this previous year. I'd really like to see Manny on the Giants, though they don't have anyone to trade for him, Schmidt and Bonds are free agents, and there's really no one else I can see worth trading besides Vizquel, though I'd like to see him stay with the Giants.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Cleveland Plain Dealer's Tony Grossi reporting that Romeo Crennell is likely to be fired after this season, and that the #1 choice to replace him is Jim Tressel. WTAM's Mike Trivisano is also reporting this.

I don't like that at all ... and I don't understand why Tressel would even consider leaving Ohio State. I seriously doubt he will, but it's at least something to chew on, and I'm sure it will be hyped up in the media as a "possible distraction" for the National title game.

10. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Some media outlets are reporting Michael Irvin has been fired by ESPN for the racist comments he made regarding Tony Romo

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I didn't hear about that. What did he say?

So the Broncos replaces Plummer with Cutler last week, as I'm sure everyone knows. Right move or no? Personally I think it's incredibly dangerous at this point in the season. Not necessarily for the sake of their season, which I'm convinced would never go past the first round of the playoffs anyway, but because rookies can get shaken and hurt, especially during crunch time.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Wow. I mean, sometimes instances of so called racism in broadcasting are clearly overblown and make me roll my eyes. But there's really nothing subtle about this one. Just the way he phrased everything, and just kept on going... yikes.

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Bonds to the Cards?

It doesn't surprise me that much that LaRussa would have interest, but it does surprise me that the Cards as an organization might.

15. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004

The obvious candidate is RJ, but I've never heard of "MediaTakeOut.com" in my life, so take that for what it's worth.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    According to ESPN News, a raid on a Florida pharmacy has linked several former MLB, NFL and even a former Mr. Olympia to a illegal perscription drug internet ring. One of those players is the disgraced Jason Grimsley, and a Steeler's physician.

Edit: More information on who might be implicated courtesy of Yahoo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.