main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ezra

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Revanfan1, Feb 21, 2014.

1. OCD_Chad

OCD_Chad Jedi Knight

May 12, 2017

The problem is he has force feats that are so far better than anything Luke has done in canon material that I have seen. I haven't read any of the comics with him.

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Obi-Wan and Yoda could've easily trained Ezra. Yoda trained hundreds of Jedi back in his day. They can turn into Force ghosts now so the number of students they could conceivably train to take down the Empire is limitless.

But no. He's not a Skywalker, therefore not worth their attention.

"You're in the wrong place" really means, "in spite of your clearly demonstrated potential, you don't have the right parentage so we'll send you on your merry way so you can get killed off like the rest of the fledglings."

Darth Dnej likes this.
  3. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    No. Remember, Maul's reason for joining the Holocrons is to say "Screw destiny, screw fate, I will not disappear into oblivion!", because that's exactly what they do : they show people things that they should never have known about, and it messes their destinies and better paths. Ezra's goal is the fall of the Empire but he let his fear of the Sith change his priorities, shift them toward the destruction of the Sith, and the Holocrons gave him a hint of how to do that, which ultimately lead to a near-disaster when Ezra got Maul dangerously close to Obi-Wan and Luke.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Shroud of Darkness episode basically presented the present Jedi with a choose wisely scenerio out've Indiana Jones III. It was mainly Ezra's test that he fails like Luke's Cave of Evil test which he also failed.

Ezra: Yeah, but Master Yoda, how are we supposed to win if we don't fight back?

Yoda: Win? (CHUCKLES) Win, hmm.
    How Jedi choose to win, the question is.

Ezra: We already chose.
    We're going to fight.

Yoda: (SIGHS) Find Malachor.

Ezra: Malachor? Who's Malachor?

It was actually Maul planted the seeds in Ezra's mind since Malachor with all the "key to destroying the Sith" stuff:

Maul: And you want revenge.

Ezra: I want justice!

Maul: Yes, yes! And you shall have it, - for I have discovered the key.

Ezra: The key to what?

Maul: The key to destroying the Sith.

It was Ahsoka who suggested out've assumption it was "knowledge" in "Twilight of the Apprentice" opening for being sent to Malachor by Yoda as none of them knew why and the planet was forbidden to Jedi. Again if you go back to Ezra in "Shroud of Darkness" he wanted Yoda to tell him a way to him a way to destroy the Vader:

Ezra: Master Yoda, you're powerful.
    You must know a way to destroy Vader and his Inquisitors.

Yoda: (SIGHS) Padawan, thousands of Jedi once there were.
    Then came war.
    In our arrogance, join the conflict swiftly we did.
    Fear, anger, hate.
    Consumed by the dark side the Jedi were.

First it was the Sith holocron Maul lured Ezra in with and Ezra became obsessed with the "key" ever since. And only after Dathomir later on he believed the key to destroying the Sith was a Jedi master and general instead of the Sith Holocron. It was a lot of assumption on Ezra's part the entire time, as he's seeking some kinda weapon to use against them, a quick and easy fix to all these wrongs .

Ezra: You're the answer.
    The holocrons told me.
    They said you would be the one to help us destroy the Sith.

Kenobi: Hmm.
    It's the first I've heard of it.

Ezra: The Rebellion needs you.
    We need you to defeat the Empire.

Kenobi: What you need, you already have.

Ezra: But if I had what I needed, why would the holocrons send me to you?

Kenobi: They didn't.
    Maul did. Maul used your desire to do good to deceive you, and in doing so he has altered the course of many things.
    He knows your fears, your heart, and he manipulated the truth, which has led you here, where you should never have been.

Ezra: But the holocrons, they tell the truth.

Kenobi: Do they? The truth is often what we make of it.
    You heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.
    And now, the only one who has gained anything from all of this is...

Darth Maul: Me.

Ezra was/is naive and driven by a lust for revenge, or justice as he termed it to destroy the Empire and the Sith. Maul played upon it but he genuinely did aid him and instructed him. But I have to say, Ezra journing to seek Kenobi is not unlike Leia's going to go find in ANH as he's their last ditch chance and for a war effort . So its hard to see their rationale on the difference. Kenobi would've answered that call to action with or without Luke. If you read the Marvel comic you understand Kenobi's plight and frustration of his current situation , new daily life which also includes an annoyance and frustration of not training Luke cause of Owen . Ezra did not see anything about Maul or his plans or plans within plans. Maul in the toon seemed to have been searching simply for Obi Wan where one is left with the notion part of that key to destroying the Sith, meant that Maul knew Kenobi was key to destroying him where he just wanted to die at the hands of his equal, someone he respected and evidently liked since he put his hand on Kenobi's shoulder instead of biting his face or head butting him. There was no real hate present as the method acting show Maul put on was deception . Kenobi seemed confused himself.

Luke would've went his whole life without being trained if Rogue One never occurred. What did Maul know, and for how long. What was he up to on Malachor. The holocron merging, seemed he further apparently learned quite a bit and he was altering and changing things according to Kenobi . He asserted himself into the OT basically, and he brought Ezra along, almost like merging of two universes. What is Maul's ultimate goal. Could Maul be watching Luke and Leia, he knows of Luke and Leia feels the presence of Maul and sees his face on Naboo after ROTJ. Could Maul explain why Luke wears black in ROTJ, when Luke went back to Tatooine, did Maul somehow aid him in constructing his lightsaber and could not explain Luke's use of the Dark Side in the beginning of the movie. What influence could Maul of had. Maul believed Luke to be the key, not Ezra, Maul believed in the prophecy of the chosen one, and he wanted to see the end of the Sith.

Everything with Ezra is conflict. Yoda on one hand warns Kanan about his eventual fall in that dojo which did not make all that much sense and other he sends Ezra and the others to Maul. Yoda sent to Malachor because he wanted to fight.. he sent them to Maul who was sitting atop a weapon of mass destruction. Was Yoda communicating with Maul. What exactly was Yoda attempting to accomplish, none of that ever became apparent.

Force Ghosts seemed to ensure only that some spirit can guide and train someone beyond death but they cannot intervene so some kinda rules are in place and limitations, least for Jedi. So thats why a Force Ghost could not intervene to change a duel or fight someone. Some kinda divine deity must be judging things. Neither Luke nor Leia seemed priorities to be trained, each had a new life and each could be dangerous even for the future of the Jedi since they're Skywalkers. Yoda and Kenobi could've conceivably waited until long after they were dead to seek out a potential recruit. Yoda's speech on rebels was more passive verging on nonviolent resistance to Sith and the Empire, and much of Kenobi's dialogue in "Twin Suns" also compliments it until pushed by Maul deliberately into a fight and igniting anger and exposing Kenobi's false sense of illumination. A totally different viewpoint than the PT or some of the things of the OT, which seemed like mixed philosophies from both Kenobi and Yoda even. Yoda sending them to Maul in that case makes sense, since with Maul they could be trained to fight and destroy the Sith by a Sith, in a similar manner to Vos being sent to Ventress. Whether this is simply repetitive plots and storylines or just the nature of SW or likely both, thats how it is.

At this point will Ezra give up his pursuit for revenge/justice against the Empire/Sith out've fear or risk of losing his soul/mind, which basically also means giving up the ways of the Jedi or will he die or will he become Maul's apprentice, even posthumously since Maul already influenced him.

revan772 likes this.
  5. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Anybody thinking anything different about Ezra / BDT's character in TLJ lately? I saw a post on this site about some tweet. The obvious scar on Ezra is perhaps nothing more than a wrinkle on BDT - but it is vaguely visible. And scars definitely fade over the course of that many years -- so it doesn't have to be as obvious in TLJ.

It's not enough to convince me -- but I wouldn't mind it at all.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Pablo has already confirmed regarding Ezra and BDT:

[​IMG]

never let this gif die

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  7. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    [face_laugh]

General Jedi likes this.
  8. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Okay, Ezra is not Snoke, he's not BDT's DJ from TLJ, and he can't possibly be alive or "in the picture" come the time of ANH. I get that. My question, then, is: Why establish a character born on the same day as Luke/Leia (give or take), the same day as Vader's "rebirth", the same day as the establishment of the EMPIRE? Then go on to have that character be able to open both a Sith and a Jedi holocron? The story of the Rebels crew could have just as easily been told without Ezra having had either of those things attributed to his character. He could have just been some kid who was force sensitive, found by a surviving Padawan of Order 66, and trained to help the Rebellion while discovering himself. Filoni and Co. went out of their way to connect this kid to "Empire Day" and everything it symbolized. Then made him someone who was so unique with his force abilities as to be able to open both holocrons. I'm not beating this "He has to be involved in the ST trilogy!" drum necessarily, but if he doesn't hold some significance, somewhere going forward, I consider this to be a big waste of time, as well as a missed opportunity.

General Jedi likes this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Ezra is the 'spark' who ignited the chain of events leading to the war in which both factions collided against each other. That's enough significance to warrant placing his birth at such a symbolic point in the saga.
    The politicians and officers who would later lead the alliance didn't condone forming a united front against the Empire until after Ezra's S1 speech. His significance has grown significantly since the galaxy knows him as a jedi in S3 and S4, even if he's an apprentice.
    Ezra needs to do something vehemently disagreeable to the Alliance and disappear if he is to survive into the OT and beyond. Something needs to happen for the entire galaxy to forget him, because he would be a key player in the Alliance otherwise.

10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I'm pretty sure he's Maz Kanata.

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    This is Lor San Tekka = Kanan all over again. No BDT is a new character, just like Snoke is a new character. If there ever going to be mention of Rebels in the movies, it would be something small like they did in RO
    , I don't expect to see any major characters coming up on-screen.

DANNASUK likes this.
  12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I could see Ezra being advised to go into hiding if Kanan is killed. The Rebellion would want to keep him hidden and not pull out that card unless they absolutely needed to. With the discovery of Luke just a little bit after he went into hiding they wouldn't need to worry about it unless Luke was killed or fell to the darkside. I still think there is a good chance that the 'other' line in ESB is changed to imply Ezra. Yes Obi Wan said that it was Leia in Jedi but he may not have been fully aware of Yoda's plans. Plus Obi Wan might not of wanted to tell Luke about their hidden wildcard because Luke was at extreme risk of falling into the Emperors hands at that point.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The "other line" is Leia. That has been cleared up by Lucas. It was always referring to Luke's sister and no one else.

See the earlier pages in this thread. This was brought up *quite* a lot back in the day...

14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    And yes that was definitely true back then. However with Lucas no longer involved in Star Wars they could change the meaning (or at least give it a double meaning) as it wouldn't be that difficult to fit the Ezra storyline in there without having to change any dialogue.

15. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I think that only Lucas has the "I don't care" attitude necessary to modify/ignore his own work (and the EU) like that.

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

What already is treated as canon is not being changed. Pablo (or someone from the SG) has confirmed this. Again, this was brought up in the early days of this thread.

17. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I still struggle with why that matters?

When I discuss going to get a Big Mac at McDonalds -- I don't feel compelled to mention other items like Quarter Pounders or Chicken McNuggets... I definitely don't feel I need to mention Burger King -- and furthermore, no reason to mention Popeye's.

There is no reason to force the dialogue about every known Jedi into a 8 second scene in R1

On another note -- I am still not convinced BDT isn't Ezra. Unless they say "No" [and maybe I missed that?]

Otherwise... being "his own person" is so vague it almost begs the questions even more.

18. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

This is the interview that I think most people are basing their evidence off of that RJ said that Ezra and DJ were two separate characters. Go to the 5 minute 15 second mark where he talks about it. What is interesting is that there is a cut right at that same time that covers up part of their conversation about it.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  19. General Jedi

General Jedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 19, 2017
    I agree. He also found a Jedi temple and talked to Yoda by transferring through the force. Or whatever they call it. Having Ezra and Luke so close together and never meeting is a missed opportunity. If they don't, then it shows they're all on a different page. I hope they have a plan. It seems like they don't. Instead. They hate on us for trying to connect the different stories in the same Star Wars universe.

20. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    It was probably already noticed by most members, but in the season 4 premiere:

There was a line from Ezra that didn't let me go.

"Mandalorian? I don't want to be a Mandalorian."
    ---

Is it a possible hint about what could happen with Ezra at the end of the series?

21. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Ezrabine shippers gon have a field day with that.

22. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

It's hard to tell if the writers have any plans with Ezra and Sabine, but it does feel they're growing closer as time goes by.

23. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    If Kanan dies I could see Hera putting all her cards back to the Alliance. If that were the case her relationship with Ezra and Sabine could strain. If the question of helping Mandalore against the empire arises and the Alliance says no, I could see Sabine going back and Ezra siding with her.

JH24 likes this.
  24. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

Wow, that's a very good point. I never thought of that option. Ezra and Sabine have grown closer together, and I can see Ezra siding with Sabine as well. It would break up Phoenix squadron and the trailer did hint Ezra has to choose a path in the end.

I don't know why, but I like the idea of Ezra and Sabine leaving the rebellion to fight for Mandalore. It would mean they would still fight for what they believe in, but in a different way.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There was also that line with Sabine's father of him saying "I am with Sabine....Well Not with her....Were just friends" classic teenagers. You still definitely have a crush on Sabine, Ezra.