main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I recently bought NieR: Automata to play after I've finished with Vanquish.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've been contemplating getting a 2B figure or statue to add to my collection.

The statue looks cool as it's fully poseable.
    [​IMG]

But the statue is nice in its own right.
    [​IMG]

Blackhole E Snoke and DANNASUK like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    In my NBA 2K14 timeline:

19/20 season review.

Pelicans are the dominate force. Have won the last three championships.

LeBron is as the Bobcats.
    KD has signed for Oklahoma.
    Kevin Love is at the Bucks.

Nets have replaced Knicks as the main franchise in New York.

Clippers and Lakers are in crisis mode.

As for me, surviving at Dallas Mavericks. My lotto pick in the draft got rookie of the year; Alan Pickham was my top 3 pick last year, traded him after a poor two first seasons. Opted for a trading strategy of signing old stars, on 1 year deals, to routinely make the playoffs. Sometimes trade big names, who are about to retire, for top 5 draft picks.

Owner has a love/hate relationship with me.

Oh, my old franchise is more or less dead. Destroyed the Timberwolves by trading away all the top talent.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I just played through most of episode one of The Walking Dead, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll finish that off and then start episode two tonight. There's never been a Telltale game that's let me down.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    @anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Mavericks have fired me. Had a really good off season, signed the #1 and #3 picks in the draft and nabbed LeBron. Owner fired me the day before the first game.

Knicks have hired me now.

It's June 2022.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So Odyssey has just unveiled something so god-awful I’m amazed it got signed off.

Naval Conquest battles.

Now this sounds simple enough, you have to sink four enemy ships. Except one of those ships will be an elite version against which your attacks do sweet **** all while it takes 50% of your ship’s health with a couple of attacks, even with it being four levels lower than your ship. Still, take out the smaller ones, first right? Did that. Went after the third before having to try that elite bastard ship, it says as I’m pursuing ‘you are leaving the combat’, er, yeah, pursuing the ship I’ve been told to go after. Take out the ship and … “You failed the quest due to leaving the combat area”. ****. Off.

Not only does it throw in an enemy you can’t really take out unless you’ve upgraded the ship - for which there is no warning or signposting of - but it fails you by going after the indicated ship, when the game itself has placed that ship outside of its own designated combat area. It’s utter *****. Conquest battles aren’t that great, but this is vile.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have no desire to do more naval battles anyway, so I wasn't planning on trying that.

However... the final episode of Fate of Atlantis, Judgement of Atlantis, comes out tomorrow OMG!!! While I'm in the game I'll probably also try some other people's creator mode stories that they've made. Alas, I can't make them myself on PS4, but I can play other people's that I've downloaded I believe. Soooo I'm looking forward to a week of AC. My last week of AC for like a year and a half *sniff*

I am sorta getting used to having no fast travel in Red Dead. It's still stupid that you can't fast travel to your camp and they should have changed this. But between stagecoaches, being able to fast travel FROM your camp, and the cinematic mode, I'm at least able to deal.

I still can't play the game for more than about an hour at a time, though, due to how annoyed I get with having to wait so long between missions.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Came up with a way to use them in my favour: Pick whoever I want to lose, fight for them, as soon the battle starts - leg it!

So you've gone through all the others? There's loads.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Of course I've gotten through all the others! They're my favorite big game series. I've played them each as they've come out ever since AC Brotherhood came out.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] Should have known better!

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I had a coworker friend who did that solely on the back of my saying I enjoyed the pirate ship stuff in Black Flag (still the only one I've played [face_dunno]). Then he wound up liking Black Flag the least, because irony I guess. Unfortunately he never got a console this generation because I'm interested in what he'd think of the post-Origins pivot.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Depends which bit of Black Flag, some of the bits of the campaign you have to go through to get the ship are awful.

Once you have it..... Game becomes far, far better!

solojones likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I never made it back to the ship in Black Flag. Game had way too much stuff to do in that city before getting you back on the water and I wanted to get to the pirating already (I was in it for the ships and the islands and only got to do that in the tutorial prelude, alas). I think I got as far as beating that one fortress mission you need to infiltrate from the water posts. Enough to start exposing the conspiracy super weapon story line (which had my attention and was the only thing I was really enjoying by that point).

And at this point it would take so long to figure out the controls again that it would make a play session pretty daunting (I recall having trouble even figuring out the leap of faith after a pause of only a few weeks back when it came out).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's ok I have a billion games to play before the next AC comes out. I'm sure time will fly.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So.... HDR. That certainly gives a game an upgrade!

Our old TV was on the way out, screen flicker had grown from a small corner to near half the screen. It's had a lot of use. So, nabbed a bargain on Prime Day, a 43" Smart TV that is 4k and HDR. I was under the impression HDR was PS4 Pro only, to my surprise it wasn't, amply demonstrated by booting up Odyssey! ****ing hell it looked amazing.

The old TV? 1080p 32". Yeah, quite a shift!

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    One might almost call HDR a . . . game changer.

I'll see myself out.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thing is, it pretty much is!

Booted up Burnout Paradise Remastered and Wipeout Collection Omega this morning. Both really show off what they were going for with the remasters. Next, if I think my eyes are up to it, is Steep and then RedOut.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I love the HDR as much as I love the 4k, if not more. I do have a Pro so I can enjoy both. But HDR makes the bigger difference.

So I'm finally starting to get into Red Dead 2. Took getting to chapter 3 where my camp is closer to town. So if I'm out wandering I can more easily catch a stagecoach back to Rhodes and go from there. Hate that it's this way, but between that and just going into cinematic camera, I've gotten over the more boring aspects of travel in the game.

I'm enjoying being in the South. It adds a different spin on things than Blackwater. St. Denis, which is clearly New Orleans, is particularly awesome and beautiful.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Further HDR tales:

Had a look at Monster Hunter World with HDR turned on. Initially it seemed worse then I realised they were going for light and shadowing effects.

Steep: Looks quite, quite nice, quite stunning at times - brilliant with a custom soundtrack.

RedOut: Oh ye gods… At first it seemed far darker and more muted, then I started a race and saw what they were going for - again, far more realistic light / shadow effect, an emphasis on the neon tracks and indicators. In movement it looked stunning.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Huh, turns out Steep doesn't have HDR, nor does Burnout, WipeOut does but I suspect I'll have to switch it on.

So 3 of 12 HDR games tried, 9 to go.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    HDR really is amazing. So glad they fixed it for Red Dead before I started playing it. That was a debacle when it was messed up for months.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Looks awesome! They've nailed all the different powers and combat.

solojones likes this.
  25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I've been sinking a lot of time between Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Warframe lately.

DQB2 is great, it builds on the foundations of the first game in a lot of fun ways, like giving to a massive home island to build up as you see fit and adding farming mechanics. So not only is it a genuinely fun version of Minecraft, but it now sort of scratches my Stardew Valley itch too.

As for Warframe, that game is dangerous. Really dangerous. It eats up my time without me even knowing it. I've played it before, but it's never quite clicked for me in the way it has now. I'm not typically the type of gamer that gets into min/maxing my build. Quite the opposite, I'll just grab the biggest, dumbest DPS weapon I can find and wail away. But Warframe has a really deep levelling up system where you earn cards, known as mods, that you attach to your frame and your weapons to adjust their stats. Each of these cards can also be levelled up using in-game currency to give them more impact. There's an inherent hook in experimenting and tinkering with the system, especially when it can have an immediate impact on how you play. Just last night I completed a nightmare mission that gave me a rare mod that makes my rifle deal fire damage, while also increasing its clip size. Once applied with a cryo mod at the same time, my rifle developed a large magazine of explosive bullets, making it fantastic for using against swarm type enemies.

Then there's the new battle pass system that lets you earn higher-tier loot relatively easily, the open world maps that they've added, the wide array of customisation options (I've paid real money, not to support the devs, but because I physically needed the hot pink and purple shaders for my space ninja.), fishing mechanics, a clan system and, most importantly of all, dog petting.

Joke is, I've sunk all this time and effort into Warframe already, and I've still only scratched the surface of the content available. I'm still using my starter frame, and have only just set the foundry to work on the Frost set, which means that in a couple of days I unlock the ability to play the game using a completely different set of mechanics. It's freakin' nuts.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.