main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't really envy the position mobile platforms are in with respect to surfacing applications so I think Apple Arcade makes sense from the perspective of offering a highly curated service as opposed to the comparatively more wild west of the greater app stores (Though it's the fault of mobile platforms for that being the situation in the first place). That said, I don't typically spend $5/month on apps so hard pass.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I literally sat up straight in my chair out of excitement at the phrase "Rayman has been reduced to the size of an ant!" I'm not happy about it, but it happened.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Haha. I mean it is a great idea. I love the Rayman games.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I like Kingdom Come: Deliverance - really - but the "Playing with the Devil" mission was the biggest piece of **** I've seen in a game since GTA IV's 'diamond quest'. You get railroaded, and then NPCs yell at you for being such a failure. WOP-R was right!

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've just borrowed Kingdom Come Deliverance from a mate from work and my first thought was it was a badly ported PS3 game and my god the voice acting is atrocious.

Really struggling with it.

6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    There's a lot of design flaws that wouldn't be out of place for a genre-forming game circa 1997 but is just baffling for a game made in 2018.
    I do like the "nasty, brutish and short" gameplay where the PC is a nobody out of his depth - when the game intends to be hard. Word of warning - It's buggy as hell.

7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    An open world game running on Cryengine 3 would make the PS3 combust.

You're not wrong about it being janky as hell though. Even without the frame rate constantly tanking, it's a game that was clearly intended more for the hardcore PC market (I think initially, when it was on kickstarter, it was only supposed to be on PC too), but either the game's investor or publisher wanted console ports.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    heels1785 likes this.
  8. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Still "janky as hell" on PC as well.

Chewgumma and heels1785 like this.
  9. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I wasn't implying the game is perfect on PC, just that it's clearly how it was meant to be played. The UI alone, with its tabs within tabs, screams "Made for PC players."

[​IMG]

blackmyron likes this.
  10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Four posts on and I just can't be arsed.

It's going back to my mate on Monday and starting Witcher 3 again

Jedi Ben and Chewgumma like this.
  11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I actually liked KC:D for a but but I started pmaging a couple of other games about a month ago and now I can't bring myself to jump back in.

12. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I recently paid off most of my TV that I ordered back in May. So what have I gone and impulse bought now? A PSVR set.

Yes, I know that somewhere in the world @solojones is cackling maniacally at how I've caved and am now looking into the fad. But, in my defence, I've been interested in trying out the VR modes on a few games I already own for the system, the set was on special offer and the box comes with six VR titles packaged in, including Doom. And anything that puts me directly in the boots of the Doomslayer is instantly worth a try.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    My PSVR's been collecting dust for two years, never set it up after getting it first myself for Christmas. Doom and Skyrim seem to have come down in price, and the Tetris game looks fun. Maybe this year. :p

Chewgumma likes this.
  14. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I also really want to play that game where you raise your own personal attack falcon from chick to merciless bird of prey. :p

I also just remembered there's an exclusive Psychonauts game on PSVR, which is an instant must-play.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yaaaay. Make sure you get Superhot VR. It'll make you feel like you're in the Matrix.

Since I'm finished with Three Houses now, I might play Astrobot this week.

Chewgumma and heels1785 like this.
  16. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm a wee bit addicted with Fire Emblem: Three Houses at the moment. Picked the Black Eagles because I'm shallow, thought Dorothea was banging and really like black and red. Now I'm up to Chapter 10 and I'm getting serious "Hans, are we the baddies?" vibes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Nothing in that series is ever going to be more "Are we the baddies?" then Fates: Conquest but BE are up there, yes. :p

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    My PSVR headset arrived this morning, and while other software installs I tested it out with the X-Wing VR mission.

I wasn't expecting the impact it had on me. Flying an X-Wing was the childhood dream, and being able to explore the lovingly rendered detail of all the switches and buttons, before leaping into frantic dogfights just... just... I can't even put the experience into words.

I'm not crying, the glare from the VR lenses just made my eyes water is all!

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, man. I'm hoping to pick up a PSVR by the end of the year.

solojones likes this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    alright, you've sold me. time to dust this thing off over the weekend.

there's also no man's sky vr for ps4, which is apparently being improved with regular updates. that looks fun, too.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Don't forget about No Man's Sky, guys! It's . . . still being improved. [face_plain]

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Doooo it! Everyone join my cult!

Chewgumma likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i hope they never stop! incredible what hello games has accomplished, and has been a rare recent change to the gaming landscape that's for the better. trash the 14-call-of-duty-games-a-year-with-3-months-of-support-until-the-new-one-comes-out model. kill that **** forever.

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno "Game people didn't like was marketed misleadingly by the overly optimistic lead of a small team" is pretty low on the industry sin totem pole anymore. Anyway be sure to check out NBA2K20 where you can pay $100 for some BS premium edition and then literally play the slots with real money to win a jersey or whatever. TakeTwo will post record profits and then fire everyone in the coding department to finance the CEO's new mega yacht.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Exactly. Hello Games and Sean Murray made some mistakes, to be sure. But they're dedicated developers who love their game and players, clearly.

Jedi Ben, Chewgumma and heels1785 like this.