main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    DQ8 didn't get a remaster but it did get a pretty terrific 3DS port. And a very bad phone port.

Edit: And it's odd to think about (okay, terrifying) but DQ11 kind of has this feeling of being a last hurrah. It makes sense - I think the odds of the original trio making it to DQ12 at this point are getting a little low (although seeing as Koichi Sugiyama is powered by hate and fascist apologia alone perhaps he'll outlive us all despite being almost 90, given how these things work), so they pulled out a lot of stops and callbacks to previous entries. It gives it a specific strain of modern retro feel that very, very few games can pull off correctly.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Groovy.

The2ndQuest and Chewgumma like this.
  4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Doubly glad I reinstalled Doom 2016 now. Still haven't finished it. No idea why.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    CT-867-5309 and Chewgumma like this.
  6. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Doom Guy now has his own castle. In space. Called the Fortress of Doom.

I... I don't know what to do with myself until March. My life is so empty without the Fortress of Doom.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Please tell me the multiplayer mode is called Team Fortress of Doom.

Jedi Ben and Chewgumma like this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Is it weird that the thing about Doom Eternal I'm most excited about is the score?

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Not at all. That score for Doom 2016 was badass. I didn't even play the game, I just watched my brother play it one year over Christmas. But it was rockin.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Finished Luigi's Mansion 3 over the weekend. I put a total of 19+ hours into it. It was a lot of fun, but some parts started to feel a little repetitive. Graphically, it's beautiful and the storyline is pretty straight forward. I'm semi interested in going back and collecting some gems that I missed along the way but there's really no incentive to do so unless you want to unlock achievements. I know Nintendo games rarely drop in price, but if you could get this game for $40 or less instead of $60, then I would recommend doing so, especially if you loved the first two games in the series.

Jedi Ben and Chewgumma like this.
  11. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    You aren't playing Doom properly if you're landing the majority of your shots. Your aim should be completely erratic because you're headbanging to BFG Division.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I got it for Christmas and do plan to play is soonish as my nighttime handheld game. Probably after I finish Ocarina of Time. Which, sadly, I haven't had a chance to play any further yet since I got through the Forrest Temple... well, I did go back and collect some heart containers as Young Link. But yeah, I really need to head to the Fire Temple tonight.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I already got him to dance, yes! I just need to climb back up there as adult Link now and go get those fire bastards. I have three fairies and like eight hearts. It's time!

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Hi. My son showed me a game where people get chased around by a Jason style serial killer, and you can play either as the people being chased around or the serial killer. I tried to play but ended up spending all my time trying to repair lawnmowers or something like that. It was very odd, but I guess there's a Stranger Things version of the game, but even in that one you have to spend all your time repairing lawnmowers. I wish I could give you more detail but I'm not going back in to find out more.

solojones, Chewgumma and heels1785 like this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    dead by daylight? there's also a friday the 13th game where you can play as the actual jason or a camp counsellor trying to survive. it's pretty fun.

17. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    dead by daylight! That's the one. Also I don't think anyone's coming back from being impaled on a meathook. Stopping to repair lawnmowers while being chased by a killer is more realistic than escaping hanging from a meathook.

tom and Chewgumma like this.
  18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd have thought you'd be the one chasing the kids and hanging them from meathooks for touching your lawnmowers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    tom likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I oughta get this lawnmower repair simulator. I hope it's realistic.

tom, Rylo Ken and Chewgumma like this.
  20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't know about realism, but it does let you repair lawnmowers as Bruce Campbell.

[​IMG]

So long as you pony up for the DLC though, of course.

solojones likes this.
  21. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I haven't tried that but I'm also not going to.
    There's something called a "skill check," and if you fail the skill check, the lawnmower blows up in your face. It doesn't seem very realistic, but I've never actually repaired a lawnmower. Maybe it would blow up in my face. I know I'd fail a real-life lawnmower repair skill check.

tom likes this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Skill check is a reference to D&D, because the kids in Stranger Things like D&D. The nerds.

Now I'm off to play Zelda.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Been watching the new Doom Eternal vids that have hit the net. I can see why @Chewgumma was stunned into a coma earlier. In no particular order:
    • It has this objective on-screen at one point that is hilarious - "infiltrate the base" - Infiltrate? In this game? In this game infiltration is blasting the doors in with a bazooka, blasting a couple more rockets through the gap, yell "come get me, mother****ers" and off you go!
    • It seems the developers noticed the response to Wolfenstein Youngblood's fire system, where you had to have one type of fire for one enemy and another for a different type but telling which was which was difficult. There was talk that Doom Eternal was going to have a sort of 'fire weakness', but since it seemed to be universally loathed in that 2019 release, they look to have gone in a different direction.
    • Fortress of Doom = Cool
    • Is it a good one for me? Probably not at full price, but like that there's a training area. At a cheap price? Might work.
    • Watching the demos did emphasise that watching someone who really knows how to play this - and its predecessor - would be a form of video game artistry.

Chewgumma likes this.
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Those . . . those are generators.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Tonight I did the Fire Temple. Which means just three temples are left before I can face Ganondorf! Huzzah.