main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Only if you buy it at launch, with no discount.

But, wait 6-12 months and there's some pretty stunning depreciation on game costs.

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Agreed, GTAV and RDR2 held their prices for over 12months but in the main prices drop after around 6 months or so and sub AAA games within 3 or less.

There are few games I'd buy at launch on PS5 from what I see H2FW will be one but even Spider-man is likely to be pre-owned or after a few months. I didn't see anything on the initial offering that made me think thats a day one purchase (no Knack was unforgivable) but the AAA game will start hitting in the second year onwards, the first 12-24 months will cover PS4 planned games that have been boosted upwards, True PS5 games won't be until 24 months in minimum and the best of the best won't be till yr 4 onwards.

This is the way

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    C19 is what has changed my MO this time around.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Y'all be crazy. I am not playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 when a perfectly good PS5 version is right there.

But y'know, early adopters for liiiife :p

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's probably one of the aspects that hooks me this time - playing PS4 games but boosted on PS5.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I seriously grew up in a household with laser disc and super vhs, and surround sound built into our ceiling in 1995.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    HZD Update: The Sun Ring scene with Helis, the corrupted Behemoth and Sylens riding to the rescue was awesome.

Zero Dawn's reveal was really cool too. What a great last ditch plan. Looks like it worked for the most part, except for APOLLO. I'm curious as to why. HADES clearly has gone rogue, did APOLLO do so as well?

Also listening to the German hologram guy in charge of ELEUTHIA bringing up issues with cloning, it seems clear that Aloy is a clone of Dr. Sobeck. They lingered on cloning ethics too long, plus the fact that Aloy is a genetic match for Sobeck. The question is why? Did GAIA spit out a clone once it became clear HADES was rogue? Is all this involved with the Great Derangement? It's very fascinating to ponder. I feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

Anyway I just defeated the Eclipse invasion of the Embrace and decided to leave off as I entered All-Mother Mountain. Also anyone who spoils me will die :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Over 24 hours to download Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Started the download just before going to bed Wednesday, and it finished the download around 2am Friday.

Getting up this morning I decided to quickly load it up for the first time and make sure it had installed correctly and would actually run on my machine.

But no... Uplay tells me I need to download an update. How big? 30 gigs. How long? Game will be playable in a further 10 hours.

:mad::mad::mad:

9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

If it hadn't just come to light how systemically **** Ubisoft is as a company, I'd actually be excited about this.

soitscometothis likes this.
  10. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Yo. Ted Faro is a ****ing **** ****.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Nintendo giving Trails of Cold Steel III the heavy marketing push is trying to give me an aneurysm, I swear to god. Falcom y u do this?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Hey, the SEGA Genesis Mini is on sale at Amazon for $39.99. Growing up I was a Nintendo guy so I never got into SEGA as a kid. I don't know why, but I kind of want this system. For those SEGA fans out there, and non SEGA fans, do you think this console is worth a purchase?

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Reviews are generally pretty positive and from what I've seen in streams and such, the UI is slick.

Buuuuuut if you have another console, you may want to opt for whatever Genesis/Mega Drive classics collection is available on your system, as that's usually cheaper, especially during sales. In both cases you're doing pretty rudimentary emulation so it's not like one is "better" from a purist standpoint (No, better from a purist standpoint is either a Mister or a really, really beefy PC running something deep level. These will cost you hundreds of dollars in components and man hours! I do not recommend them as a sampler thing. :p).

The comparison of titles is... weird. The mini goes for breadth, and because it's proprietary has third party titles the collection doesn't have (e.g. Konami would rather you buy the Castlevania collection if you want to play Bloodlines on your Switch). But the mini lacks repeat entries of franchises which can hurt a lot in those cases where you would want them (e.g. Phantasy Star, Shining, Streets of Rage). Also the mini takes up an extra HDMI port.

My gut is to point you towards the Classics collection rather than the Mini, especially if you're interested in the Sega-specific back catalog. But in both cases some Sega fans might argue you're still not really getting the main selling point in the US and Europe: quality 2D sports games.

TiniTinyTony and solojones like this.
  14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I started Disco Elysium the other day and yo that game is my jam. It's already doing several things I've never seen before in games and I'm only like an hour in or so.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I was always a Genesis guy (because SEGA does what Nintendo don't!). I owned a few versions of the Game Boy; but that was the extent of the Nintendo consoles I had. Believe it or not, I still own a working Genesis console; along with quite a good amount of games for it.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I still have my Gensis AND my Nomad.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Finally finished and platinumed Horizon: Zero Dawn. Wonderful, beautiful, emotional game. Definitely going on my top 5 games of all time, a list which I have always put a lot of thought into.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I thought it was GotY in 2017. Better than BotW.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Better than BotW, sure, but GotY? Don't be silly: Puyo Puyo Tetris came out in 2017.

20. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [ANGRY HOLLOW KNIGHT NOISES]

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    *Stares in Nier: Automata*

Chewgumma likes this.
  22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I've been playing Tetris Effect in VR on my new Oculus Quest and that game is PHENOMENAL. I just want to keep playing even though I've been working a lot since getting it. Very frustrating.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah and in a year where Puyo Puyo Tetris, the objectively greatest game ever made in the entire universe, didn't come out, maybe those could have been Game of the Year. But it did. It really happened! Miraculous though it may seem, there really is a Puyo Puyo Tetris. What is mortal sin in the face of this revelation? Seht, ich lehre euch das Puyo Puyo Tetris: das ist dieser Blitz, das ist dieser Wahnsinn!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m about ten hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey and absolutely loving it!

I love the expanded ship warfare and all the other little things that have been added like nation conquering and mercenary status. It felt really rewarding bringing Megaris to its knees! :p

darthcaedus1138 and solojones like this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Glad you're enjoying it. Can't wait for Valhalla personally.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.