main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I just wonder how that's going to work? The way way past is during the time of the Engwithians, which was kinda arcane-punk tech.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Maybe they just roll with that aesthetic and we just saw like a bit of wilderness or something? The trailer shows so little I half-wonder if the concept art is done.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The "fake choices" thing has never bothered me particularly about Telltale games. Sometimes they're more obvious than other times, but I go into most games anticipating a mostly curated experience where they let me make some choices while I move through a mostly determined large arc. Often the choices are better than I expect on the whole and only rarely super-obvious in their fakeness.

solojones likes this.
  4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    "To Be Or Not To Be" had a better approach to fake choices - at one point in the game, if you're playing Ophelia you hear a knock at the door, and you are given a series of choices of "It's <blank> at the door". All the choices except one return with "YOU CAN'T JUST ALTER REALITY WITH YOUR MIND AND CHOOSE WHO IS BEHIND THE DOOR, OPHELIA" and, voila, all the choices lead to the same person at the door!

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I had a moment of mania yesterday, and when I became alert again I had an Xbox One and a copy of the Master Chief Collection in my hand. I plugged it in this morning and signed up to game pass for £1, and the game library is extremely impressive. Even for the full £10 a month.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah, Game Pass is great. I can’t even keep up with all the games they add, my Game Pass backlog alone is pretty substantial.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They made jokes about choices not being real in freaking Dragon Quest I, which I think is maybe the root of my... not frustration, exactly, but more just desperate desire for everyone to move on, because that shtick is crazy old. Yes, there was not a choice here. I can think of maybe a more efficient way to write that, perhaps by not involving a choice, I dunno, just spitballing.

Like I said, the detail work is great. The one example I’m thinking of just sticks out because it’s so obvious. There’s actually a very clever commentary they could have chosen to make by the fact that it didn’t matter beyond a superficial detail... but they drop the ball on making it, so it’s ultimately just a poorly handled moment. Of course, then the sequel plays a lot with the expectation for “strictly cosmetic” changes that they accidentally set up, so they wound up circling it back around with style.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I grabbed Outer Worlds and No Mans Sky on PC via Gamepass. Now all I need to do is find the time to play them.

Also, woohoo, Psychonauts 2 trailer. It's bonkers, as you'd expect.

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    So Epic Games has a sale on, I still have a £10-off voucher from them, and I have successfully upgraded my memory to 16 gigs in the last few days. So...

Guys, what are your thoughts on either Jedi: Fallen Order and/or Red Dead Redemption 2?

I've heard very mixed things about JFO. RDR2, on the other hand, is supposed to be great, but it is 150gb(!) large, meaning it would take me 3 ****ing days to download (maybe longer if I wanted to watch Netflix and had to pause), and would leave my hard drive with only 120gb free. And that's without considering the difficulty some people are having passing the captcha registration needed to log into the game site.

So, what do people here think of those games now that they've had time to play them for a while, and how replayable are they? Is one considerably better than the other? I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Origins, Odyssey, and Dark Souls III, and I'm enjoying them all (though DS3 is hard and I'm still stuck in the ****ing swamp level), with AC: Origins being my favourite game in years.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s tough. I love them both. RDR2 is in my top 5 favorite games of the past decade though so I’d probably choose it. But you really can’t go wrong with either.

soitscometothis likes this.
  11. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    JFO is good. RDR2 is better.

Both have flaws but after I'd finished JFO I sold it whereas I was playing RDR2 on friday

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Jedi Fallen Order would be the most boring repetitive SW game I’ve ever played. No idea what all the fuss was about. The worlds are empty, the combat is tedious, the levels are the same jump climb shimmy over and over again.

Maybe the 4th planet and beyond pick up, but I doubt I’ll ever find out.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It didn't completely **** the bed so it exceeded expectations as far as EA Star Wars games go.

Point Given , jp-30, FatBurt and 2 others like this.
  14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    RDR2 is sublime. But I loved JFO as well.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Once I get around to playing and finishing RDR1 on PC, I'll go ahead and get started on RDR2.

FatBurt likes this.
  16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Re: Red Dead Redemption One on PC, supposedly the game’s code is a jumbled mess that Rockstar just barely managed to get working in time for launch, and now they don’t want to put in the time and effort that a port would require.

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

No plans on playing any time soon then :p

blackmyron likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Started playing the Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn DLC last night. He certainly is an OP character; but I guess that's to be expected. I just want to get through the story. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours of gametime.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Having loved FFVII Remake, I am playing the original now on Switch. Wow it feels like I am blowing through so fast compared to the remake, haha.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the original fit the entire Midgar section into about the first few hours of the game. Obviously SE stretched out the content in the Remake to make it a standalone game.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh I know, it's just jarring. The fact that I am three hours in and just past the Behemoth in the sewers seems weird.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's just after the Honeybee Inn with Corneo, right?

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it's in the sewers right after. After that is where I stopped last night.

24. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Abzu.

Fun fight in FF7, not so much in FF7R

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Wait, Abzu wasn't a Behemoth.