main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I kinda thought that might be the case. Not a bad call, since I do think the Pro will happen next year.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- I had been tempted to load up a new Switch as a gift for my sister and brother-in-law as a gift this holiday, but I'm probably going to wait and see what happens with the Pro and either go with that version for them (they actually have a 4K TV) or if I'm able to transfer all my data over, I may just repurpose my original Switch for their purposes after i get the Pro.

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've had a Switch for 2 years.

Zelda botw is not great. At least I didn't enjoy it.

Mario kart is great

In all honesty though I barely use it. It only ever really gets used on the very rare occasions (now) that i have to travel for work.

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah, I do wanna wait for the Pro but even then it's hard to justify the purchase for myself when I can only think of 3-5 games I would want to play. I would only be getting it to for Switch exclusive games.

Jedi Ben and Darth Guy like this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    See I play my Switch every day. Definitely was worth getting on launch day for me.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If I ever get a version of the Switch, my current hitlist is:
    • Octopath Traveler
    • Xenoblade Chronicles
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Astral Chain
    • Bayonetta 3 (if it ever comes out)
    • Metroid Prime 4 (see above condition)

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The associated rumors to the Switch Pro also involve Nintendo planning a beefed-up line-up for next year to pair with it. Most people seem to assume that Switch Pro will launch with BOTW2 and other "second round" of earlier Switch titles, as well as Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes 3, etc. Maybe a SMO follow-up (but I feel like they'll wait until 2022 for that so as to space it out from all the 35th anniversary Mario releases this year).

solojones likes this.
  8. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Significantly re-evaluating whether i want to get a PS5 or XSX with the new Switch Pro rumors.

I can play Gamepass stuff on the X1 and HZD2 ( the meme lives on) isn’t a launch title.

But there is basically something interesting coming out on switch every other month always.

Meh meh meh

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Do what I do and get a PS5, PC, and Switch, all of them :p Easy. Broke but easy!

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I haven't touched my Switch since April after I got bored of Animal Crossing. I really need to finish Breath of the Wild...

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    By sheer luck - and a good amount of stubborness and frustration - I managed to do that fecking awful helicopter section.

The next mission started off as fun with a bazooka, which was cool, then switched to a sniper rifle that wasn't. The trafficking mission was weird, the Genki stuff crappy.

Then it gave me a tank mission. Now these missions cannot go wrong and so it proved here. Finally, a good mission. After that it got better and I started to see the version of the game that is talked about, instead of the awful dross.

Started buying properties, did some clothes customising, but the biggest improvement? Switching off HDR - the game ain't designed for it. After that I could see enemies more easily. Was able to do sone gang operations. Unlocked Homie Delivery and finished Act 1 then did the intro to Act 2, which was an insane romp through a BDSM club no less.

So, yeah, it's gotten a whole lot better. Have experimented with some vehicles, including the Sad Panda and the Sexy Kitten - that thing can move.

Rogue1-and-a-half and blackmyron like this.
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    My favorite part of SR3 was that I found a character design guide, so I was running around as Robert Downey Jr. and beating people to death with giant dildos. This was one of the more true to life biographical sequences depicted in a video game.

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Once you up your skills to ridiculous levels, you become an unstoppable killing machine.

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Literally my circular relationship with the Switch ever since it was first announced and "the time" has never lasted longer than ten minutes.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Re: the Switch - I got it for Christmas 2019. Between then and now, I've played four games.
    • Luigi's Mansion 3: 25 hours or more
    • Super Mario Odyssey: 15 hours or more
    • Super Mario Maker 2: 10 hours or more
    • Starlink: Battle for Atlas: 1 hour or more
    I'll probably play Super Mario 3D All-Stars, but I'm not dying to. I only pre-ordered it so I have it when I do get in the mood to play and also it's short production span. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity looks fun, but those Dynasty Warrior type games lose their luster fast for me. I played the original HW on the Wii U and I don't recall putting in that many hours. I don't have it pre-ordered.

I'm definitely looking forward to BotW 2, but I wonder if Nintendo will run into the same thing again where they'll have it on the Switch and the Switch successor as I definitely played BotW on the Wii U because I wasn't buying a brand new system for just one game, especially when Nintendo is famously know for a small library (which is fine because I value quality over quantity).

I'm glad they're celebrating Mario's 35 years, but like I said above, I'm craving BotW...AND Metroid 4 assuming that's still in development.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    There are lots of indie games on Switch too! :p

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Trails of Cold Steel 1

Did the end of chapter field study. It's a surprisingly cynical and accurate game where the nature of empire is concerned. Local plots and corruption mixed with more shadowy figures still in the shadows.

The combat system remains a very smart evolution of turn-based structures. Adding space alongside time, but without going as intricate as CRPGs, is quite neat.

Chapter 2 opens with the addition of gender stereotypes out of nowhere. The boys get computer classes, the girls? Cooking. Yes, really. What makes it so out of place is the field study has Laura in your party, who is an absolute tank. So this, after that, is weird.

So some real clunkers alongside some very smart moves.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Changing tack, Destiny 2 is downloading just over 99GB of data, is this everything, including the expansions that have to be pay unlocked or are those separate?

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Pretty sure it's everything.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, suspected but needed to know as it's such a large file.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    THE KEY BOX ONE KEY

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah that's everything, and it will be getting smaller in November when they vault some of the content.

Apparently the Series S has less RAM than a One X...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Huh? Vault?

25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    When the next expansion comes out in November several of the planets (Mars, Io, Mercury and Titan) and their associated activites are being taken out of the game. It's to try and reduce the file size and make patching the game easier.