main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah so if you want to play the old campaigns, you need to do it before the November release of Beyond Light.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Is it as much of a loss as it sounds?

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    If you're on a free-to-play account then yes, unless they make Forsaken free for all players. It's pretty much the entire current free-to-play experience aside from the five locations that aren't being vaulted (going up to seven, maybe eight, once Beyond Light launches), PvP and Gambit.

I've been playing since launch so there's not one thing I'll miss that's being removed apart from a couple of PvP maps and the two hidden time-limited missions.

solojones likes this.
  4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah if you've been playing it a long time it's not much loss, but if you are new and FTP, I suggest going through those old campaigns before November. Luckily that is very doable.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They want to make their own WiiU.

solojones and TiniTinyTony like this.
  6. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So I was pleased to see that stellaris Console Edition is getting a 3rd dlc pass. I honestly didn’t think they would support it as much as they have.

In other news since finishing assassins Creed Odyssey I’ve got an itch for the series again i’ve got an itch for the series again and have moved on to AC3 remastered, but I also booted up Unity for the first time since complaining it in the release window so many years ago. The thing is there’s no way to start a new game unless you delete your
    existing save game! I mean I know this was the dark days when Ubisoft didn’t give a dam but really?! It was 2014!

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    PS + cloud store for your old save?

solojones and PimpBacca like this.
  8. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Oh I wasn’t bothered about my old save, just miffed I couldn’t start a new game without leaving the game and deleting my old save. Plus I play on Xbox.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, it's limiting all right. Surprising too as I think earlier entries had 3 save slots.

PimpBacca likes this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So, Gamestop is offering a good amount of trade in money towards a PS5 or Series S/X if you trade in a console. $200 for a PS4 Pro or One X. But even $125 for a launch day PS4.

I was planning to keep my pro for upstairs, but damn I don't really have anything to do with my launch day PS4. That is tempting.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sony hasn't revealed the actual price of the PS5 yet, right? There's a few things I'd consider if I was definitely going to trade in my PS4 for the new console. First thing is price. Second thing is that there's a guarantee that ALL OF THE GAMES THAT I OWN FOR THE PS4 will play without a problem on the new system right out of the box; no vague wishy-washy suggestions that most but not all games will work right out of the gate. Not to mention I'm still trying to understand how the digital library of games will transfer to the new system.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well for me, I have two PS4s. So I don't need both :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    attn @Havac

15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I haven’t decided what to do yet! I’ll probably end up getting a 5.

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    For those of you who enjoy CRPGs like I do, this video is good

17. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Man, they really picked the worst possible time to announce that Harry Potter rpg.

FatBurt, Jedi Ben and blackmyron like this.
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It's fun watching the mental gymnastics of people trying to justify buying the game. Ubisoft has much worse and widespread problems, but most people seemed to have just ignored it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I mean, at the end of the day the only justification to buy a game is because "I want to play the game." Most people don't care about culture war issues.

Jedi Ben and CT-867-5309 like this.
  20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm talking about people who are making a show of caring. I know most people don't care that a billionaire author is pumping out anti-trans propaganda or that a massive game company fosters a toxic work environment that is extreme even compared to the industry standard.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Jedi Ben and Lord Vivec like this.
  21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I have no intention of getting it. I don't get Harry Potter Lego or any of that either.

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The trailer just screams microtransactions to me.

FatBurt likes this.
  23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    We'll see; my SO has expressed interest, but saying a video is coming out an indeterminate time next year is just shorthand for "We don't know when this is coming out".

Setting-based games are always hit-and-miss. Despite being a big Tolkien nerd, I've never played a single LOTR video game; and then, on the other hand, you have stuff like the Blade Runner adventure game and Alien Isolation.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That reminds me that I never gave Alien Isolation a fair chance. Is it good?

25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Much better than a media tie-in game deserves to be. Very much like being in a sequel to Alien. They made the game look like it was a movie made circa 1981. The storyline is tight and it gradually eases you into the game. I won't lie, it can be pretty intense - I know people that were like "Nope, nope". The game doesn't pause when you go to hack a door or something, and even the saves are done at specific save points that take a few seconds to save. Late in the game there was even a point that I almost felt like giving up, not because it was too hard, but because I sympathized with the character too much.
    Skip the DLCs, though - instead of cool story DLC add-ons, they are just basically a bunch of challenge maps.

Joystick Chevron likes this.