main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah Spiderman: Miles Morales is coming out a day before the November date, so now I have a month to play it

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 and dp4m like this.
  2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Good, i have so many gamepass/switch games to play and I’ll prob stop them cold when Cyberpunk comes out.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hopefully this means the PS5 patch is coming out at launch, because I don't want to play it until then anyway. So I wasn't playing Cyberpunk until later anyway.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Forcing people to work long hours like that, particularly for something as trivial as getting a video game out before Christmas, should be a crime.

Yes, I know it's often technically "voluntary."

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Game studios need to figure out a realistic development timeline from the beginning. And then multiply it by 1.5, and realize that that is actually the realistic timetable. Instead, every single time, they set a release date and then get surprised it’s unreasonable.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s because the people setting the time tables are often executives and finance types who don’t have a ****ing clue about anything besides some abstract idea that they need quadratic growth by Date X to better justify their absurd severance packages. If you grind a few hundred people into dust and they leave the industry without ever creating a long-term skilled workforce that can bring experience to bear on future projects? Well, that’s your successor’s problem.

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    This is basically what I did when I was an assistant director and had to set timetables. I would ask the DP how long it would take to set up a shot.

"30 minutes", they'd say confidently.

I would schedule no less than 45 minutes.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Well I literally just this minute finished uncharted 4 and I got to say what is stunning story but also brilliant looking game. I benefited from my oled but I think this game would still look solid in 1080p. Also really happy that it landed the ending unlike 3. Only lost legacy left to play now, I don’t have it but I look forward to it.

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i don't know if this qualifies as news, but a few streamers got early access to watch dogs: legion. ubi's single player microstransactions are back (don't know if they left), and the prices of items are exorbitant. the virtual currency prices also don't match any of the item prices, which is a scummy move that EA often uses, too.

11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Is it still "BLM and Antifa are the enemy"?

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, that was the Tom Clancy game, Watchdogs 3 is the #resist it’s-about-Brexit-but-apolitical-somehow game.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I will play Legion once it's on sale. The single player MTX are dumb, but mostly dumb is the notion that anyone would buy them... None of their games get better with the MTX

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, Watch Dogs tends to go more towards being superficially pro-Anonymous, although the first game really had **** all to do with 'fighting the system', just a one-man personal revenge crusade where he literally tells a hacker collective to **** off when they ask him to grant him access to EvilCo's computer systems that he managed to get.
    I was initially excited for Watch Dogs: Legion, but getting the AssCreed collection, along with the $100 cost for the game+DLCs, has lessened my interest. I'll probably wait to pick it up until well after Cyberpunk 2077... and probably VTM:Bloodlines 2.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    All the reviews I've seen - SkillUp, ACG, Downward Thrust - describe it as a pointless addition, but one that can be easily ignored and has near zero effect on gameplay. They're not fans of it but neither does it kill the game.

solojones likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Dirt Rally 2.0 demo

Well, this didn't last long. Does that make it a bad game? No, it's just not my style of game being far closer to sim than arcade racer. If you have the time and patience to persevere with it, there's probably a great racer here, but there is one other trial you have to overcome.

And that is your eternally yammering co-driver. Now I get it, it's a rally game, you have a navigator but at the start? When you're trying to work out an unforgiving game that really needed a tutorial mode? It is hugely irritating and it killed it. I could not put up with that yammering bastard, had to quit.

Now, if you can endure both factors, yeah, it'll probably live up to its reputation.

17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Watchdogs has never appealed to me. I managed a couple of hours of the first and in general loathed it.
    Don't like Asscreed either
    VTM has in the last 3 month been reinstalled on my PC and will be replayed prior to Bloodlines 2 after I complete my replay of Mass Effect 1-3 (Don't see the need for the remake as it's still stunning unless they sort the crappy driving missions in ME1)

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Watch Dogs 1 is not only a snore fest with a 'hero' I couldn't care less about, but is the most generic 'city' based on a real one (Chicago) I've ever experienced. Ironically, the DLC for it, you play an another character that would've probably been better as the protagonist.
    Watch Dogs 2 is in San Fransisco and actually decides to flesh out the area to feel like it too - plus, it has much more of a sense of humor, and you get to play 'hacktivists' like the first game implied you would but then didn't. It's pretty fun, TBH.
    Make sure you get the Unofficial Patch installed for VTM before you play it again - the most recent one came out earlier this year.

19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Already in place but it's a good reminder for those who don't already have it and decide to revisit

blackmyron likes this.
  20. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Here we go again:

[​IMG]

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Really glad I've not got into a COD since the first Modern Warfare...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That is insane. 250GB !?

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That's some bad coding.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    My first desktop computer in the 80s had 100 MEGABYTES of storage capacity. That's enough for maybe a few dozen small Excel documents these days (with no formulas).

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Like I said before, it's not the publisher's problem so they don't give a ****. Find your own drive space. Just as with every awful move someone in this industry makes from horse armor to in-game microtransactions to $70-base-games-with-microtransactions , others are going to be taking notes. "Oh, the new Call of Duty game sold very well even though it's bloated as ****? Guess we don't need to worry about that anymore. Add those 8K textures!"

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.