main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'll gladly take a remastered RDR please

solojones and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Is there any reporting from a more legitimate source?

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, but I did find this article which lists some... interesting issues with the alleged screenshot's veracity: https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-outlaws-collection-amazon-leak/

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, I didn't notice the price tag. That's an obvious tell.

Darth Chiznuk and Ramza like this.
  5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It is a very nice price.

6. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Good detective work. Although there has been rumours of a RDR1 remake/master for some time now.

7. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Damn. I got excited for a second there. :(

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Rule of thumb: only get excited when Gamespot runs it.

And even they get overly enthusiastic, right now one of their top items is based on the CEO of Sony Interactive saying "Maybe we have an announcement related to competing with MS Game Pass lined up, *wink*."

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought they already had a subscription service.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    In fact they pad out the article in question by noting that! However, PS Now is still kind of sloppy and esoteric, so I could see them attempting to roll out a streamlined service.

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have PS Now and it's better than you'd think. But I would like for it to be even better.

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Hey, great! RDR1 coming put for PC!

solojones likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So I have $25 to use in my PS account; thinking about a new game. Jedi: FO is on sale for $24 right now for the Black Friday deal. Spiderman: GOTY Edition is $19. Ni No Kuni II: Deluxe Edition is only $13 (I really enjoyed the original game).

I'm still in the middle of playing a rather long demo of the new Dragon's Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, so whatever solo-player game I get won't be played for awhile.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I vote either JFO or Spider-Man. The latter is better but the former is still very good and, you know, Star Wars if you like that.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    This was confusing the hell out of me until I remembered the Definitive Edition still hasn’t come out on PS4 yet. Jesus Christ did Sugiyama’s soundtrack piracy concerns **** that up but good.

Anyway the real answer is to buy the old version of DQXI with the farty synth soundtrack so that you can get the authentic fan experience of buying it twice.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Dove back in on Ghost of Tsushima today after playing the prologue and struggling to get into it.

I now know why, I did the prologue in two parts because I was busy and played it whilst tired, nothing went in and I just struggled with controls.

I've just cleared the dojo by the lake which you come across early on and I can see the potential in the game now. I'll get back to it tomorrow but note to self, don't try to play new games when tired or drunk (or both) its a bad combination

darthcaedus1138 and solojones like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I am leaning towards JFO. The only reason I'm interested in Spider-man is that it takes place in open-world NYC. And the sale price isn't much of a sale, considering the base game is already a "Greatest Hits" at $19.

Actually the DQXI game wasn't really on my buying radar. I only mentioned it because I'm playing the demo that was just released recently.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You've just done the worst part of the early game, it only gets better from there - far fewer forced stealth sequences, better combat - especially once you start unlocking the stances.

solojones likes this.
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Spider-Man does indeed have a great open world. But it's also just a damned good game. It presents my favorite Spider-Man story I have seen, better than any of the very good films.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    One tip for Spider-man is don't take the random fights as indicative of the main story difficulty. I often found the random fights harder.

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    If you're a bigger Star Wars fan than a Spider-Fan then go for JFO.

I'd say Spider-Man is the better game though there's more of a difficulty curve on JFO that makes it really satisfying to play and the story is just really well done.

Story of Spider-Man is also great but I think you might have to have a lot of fondness for the material it's nailing to get max enjoyment.

solojones likes this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Playing Spider-Man does at least let you finally solve the mystery of what happens to Dr. Otto Octavius, a character that initially debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #3 in which a lab accident with mechanical arms turned him into Dr. Octopus, but for whom character specific plot developments in the game are, of course, still under embargo.

No, I will never get over it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Star Citizen short:

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    After playing through almost three Uncharted games I just have to get this off my chest... Mark Wahlberg as Sully, really? There’s so many options out there and they went with Mark Wahlberg. I don’t have anything against him (I certainly enjoy him in other things) but I can’t really think of a worse choice for Sully. I really hope the casting for The Last of Us series is better. :p

Jedi Ben likes this.