main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wouldn't be the reason to alter DA's combat in the way they're doing on the ME remaster.

2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I remember Bioware said they changed combat in DA2 to make it more exciting, but really it became very boring, imo. So I'd hope they wouldn't change Origins at all because it's excellent as is, but it's also very retro by modern standards, not many AAA games like that. The only other that used a similarly in-depth tactics system iirc was Final Fantasy 12.

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Reason for the ME change is to render it more consistent across the trilogy. But DA isn't a trilogy in that sense as you play a different lead character in each, so no need for consistency.

If anything the last few years have shown FF12 was ahead of the curve.

ZanderSolo likes this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    In fact what they really ought to do is remaster every Final Fantasy game using gambits. And also Gambits.

“Ah, Sephiroth, mon ami, this is like the bad fan fiction, ou non ?”

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Still waiting for that Gambit movie, huh?

6. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m pretty sure they are aware that Origins is perceived as the best so if a remaster where to happen is put money on them not touching it too much.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    No, my dear sweet Remy must remain on the page, because otherwise I have to listen to an actor attempt a Cajun accent.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    After I played FF12 I was like: if only I could put gambits on my pug's in world of warcraft

solojones and Ramza like this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    First time around on FF12 I never cracked the gambit system, as I'm not great on if/then logic. But on the remaster I've got on better, so starting to really appreciate.

'Course, I do need to get back to that game....

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Bad State of Play, but amazing FFVIIR update and new DLC.

Ahsoka's Tano and FatBurt like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, that's where that news came from. Time to boot up YouTube

solojones likes this.
  12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah like the look of FFVII and Keno but otherwise it was nothing special.

Returnal looks interesting but I don't think it's my type of game.

I would have liked a bit more Horizon as in anything at all, thats all I tuned in for.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh yeah I'm all for Kena. It's just that with only like one big announcement this should have been a blog post.

FatBurt likes this.
  14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So you’re saying “state of this State of Play”?

FatBurt likes this.
  15. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Did any of y'all post/lurk on the Bioware forums back in the day? Cuz if you think the JCF can get bad, well, they could get pretty intense too lol

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Like the looks of the FF7R upgrade and the Yuffie DLC, but the big surprise was the Kena trailer - some amazing visuals in that.

Returnal looks like it could be quite smart, but it'd do a The Last of Us and get in my head sway too much. The idea of a 3D roguelike arcade shooter is clever.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, scratch Outriders - it died at the start screen as Square Enix insist you must have an account with them and you have to go link that account to play the demo!

No.

Edit - looks like instead of boosting the game as it should have done, the demo is now going to do a lot of damage.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    These Bravely Default II reviews having to play coy about the story are killing me. Is there a time loop? IS THERE A TIME LOOP?! BLINK TWICE IN RAPID SUCCESSION IF THERE ISN’T A GODDAMN TIME LOOP!

I’m really interested, especially having just watched Clemps’ review of the first game and practically drooling over the gameplay breakdowns, but I cannot with that ****. Ever. It put me off BD1 completely.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The time loop in Bravely Default was the most horrendous late game design decision I have ever seen. Fantastic game up until that point, but I had to put it down. I don’t even have the appetite for a sequel.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I heard enough horror stories while waiting for a price drop that I ultimately never bought it, but even knowing it was an "extremely bad" bit of design didn't really drive it home with full intensity until I watched a story summary. The very idea that you're punished with a worse ending for figuring out the solution too early is beyond the pale for me, I don't even care if turning off random encounters makes it faster.

To say it's got me to the point of needing an explicit deconfirm for the new one is an understatement.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I am planning to play the demo this weekend.. it's a game I was looking forward to but we'll see. I have a SE account so that I don't mind.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Never actually finished BD1 either. I think I had managed to get through fighting the same bosses like the third or fourth time with no end in sight before just going screw this.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hope it goes well. I was really disappointed by them doing that. Had a look at one of the gameplay vids and am now thinking I've dodged a bullet on this one.

It all looks OK, but despite it being by the same developers, there isn't any of the exuberance that Bulletstorm had.

Still, only a couple of days until PS5 Yakuza 7 drops.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I will have to see how Outriders plays... I haven't watched any reviews yet, but I liked their videos about the game ahead of time. We'll see.

I am about two hours away from finishing AC Valhalla, so I should be able to do that today. Excited to see how that turns out. I have sunk 70 hours into the game, so it's mercifully not quite as long as AC Odyssey. Definitely excited for the DLC.

When I'm done with it, I plan to play a few shorter games before I dig into Immortals. For one I gotta finish Yakuza Kiwami 2, which I was playing before the PS5 came out and ruined everything :p Then I'm gonna finally play Arkham Origins through PS Now.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And then you feel the need to start on Yakuza 3.....

How did you find its massive plot bomb? For me it undermined my interest in continuing it once I'd done Bastard-Shire in the South West of the map.