main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Perma? wouldn't surprise me if it was considering his own ability to Brexit himself.

anyway....... Heat aside, I've got multiple fans on me and I've been bodding around with Death Stranding which is actually growing on me story wise but I'm not enjoying the fact that the game is prety much just fetch quests. It is pretty much the worst parts of an MMO built into a very pretty game.

I'm also reinstalling TOR. I have preferred status and I was in from day one but haven't played in about 5 years. I'm unlikely to re-subscribe but what have I missed, what can I do and as I'm going to reroll am I looking at an FFXIV level of slog before it comes good as Tython was annoying the first time round!

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Me: Okay, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition was great and all, but I've played through the trilogy twice these past few weeks and should probably move onto something else.

Other Adam: You should play it a third time.

[​IMG]

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    They never actually say. I thought last time was permanent. But maybe this will stick. Hopefully. We don't need toxic people who wish death on groups of people or make fun of autistic people for lols.

Anyway.... Steam tells me my Steam Deck will be available Dec 2021. My family has already indicated they're willing to go together to get it for me for Christmas. So I'm now highly anticipating all my Steam library games I'll be able to play (including Destiny when I'm on vacation!).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I like Ender when he pushes but not when he goes to far. Sometimes an "abrasive" person is good but when they go too far then it's toxic. If he's done as you say (which the ban supports) then its self inflicted and he should (after the last time) know much better by now.

Now, Steam Deck. This intrigues me, I like the concept (I have a Switch for travel gaming purposes) but feel that the current offerings on Switch are poor and having the ability to take my Steam library with me is appealing. The thing is I have a Microsoft Surface for that and whilst it's more expensive (I actually won it) I don't really see a 7" screen on a limited system (but with decent controls) being an improvement on a cheap 10" laptop.
    It feels gimmicky and I'll probably stick with the Switch and Surface for my travel needs

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Trails of Cold Steel III continues to be very good, save for a moment of utterly idiotic design.

It says you have to get the boss HP down to 70%. Ok, fine, it's a resist the inevitable style fight. Take off some HP, get wiped out by special move, story continues, right? No. Instead you get a full game over, with a Retry option, giving the impression that you have to win it completely! And this is optional, side activity too.

Noticed there was a Continue option, so clicked on that. After looking it up, tutns out there's 3AP to get - which I got, despite the stupid design and messaging.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Based on conventions regarding periods I’m assuming the title is Skateth.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    tom likes this.
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It is literally just a Switch made for PC gaming though. I fail to see that as a gimmick..I think it's a brilliant move. Because now I can have all four platforms for sub-$500 each

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Thats why it intrigues me

My £1000 surface does the same thing but with a better screen but no controls (I do conceded that graphics are better).

If you don't have the money to drop on a small laptop capable of gaming it makes total sense I suppose. I don't think it's aimed at me though. I like the idea and 10 years ago when I was travellingg a lot it would have been perfect but for me right now, not so much.

It looks to be ideal for those who want it though and you never know, if travel returns to normal next year, I may end up getting one as I doubt my Switch will cover the trips to Romania and Italy that are pending for me (unless Metroid Dredd is aces and Metroid remastered and 4 are out)

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    For me, I have a huge library of Steam Indie games I can play on it, so graphics aren't my main thing. Also you can plug it into the TV like a switch as well

11. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Came home to a bricked Series X. Anyone had to send one in for repair and know the turnaround time?

Literally gonna have the house to myself in 2 weeks for a few weeks and this.

Aaaahhhhhhh

Also only had dlc and ReaperIFF to end run left on Mass Effect 2. Hope saves were serverside.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Bricked? What happened?

If US XB MS is anything like UK PS Sony, the hard part will be getting them to accept that your system is really, really dead and has to be returned. Once you get there, it ought to be fairly quick.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh that really sucks. What happened? Did you get any kind of warning? Yikes.

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I really wish the gameplay in Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice was fun, because everything else about that game is incredible. Maybe it gets better (I’m still fairly early), I’d like to see this story through, but man that Valravn section was not fun.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007

Nothing, just was dead when i got home. Looked it up and i guess this happened a lot on launch after a couple hours or a few boot ups.

It happened on my X1 Day1 Ed kinect- literally just came home one day and it didn’t work, but it died about 2 weeks after the 1 yr warranty expired and they refused to fix it without paying, which was almost as much as buying a new one.

At least this one will get fixed for free.

solojones likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Rebel Galaxy

"What a piece of junk!".

Every idiot reviewer who sung its praises needs their head examining. Crap display, crap controls, rubbish 3D perspective, vile combat with a supposed "aiming" system that should have been damned to the deepest depths of hell, with a rawk soundtrack that wears out its welcome within minutes. Add in verbal announcements with no subs, controls and a display that actively sabotages the experience. Even for £4, the game is ****.

Thing is, the various gameplay videis do make this look fun. But those can't show how it plays - and how it plays is goddamn awful.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well Horizon Zero Dawn has been great. I was totally engrossed in the story and the world from the start and have enjoyed every minute. I can’t wait for Forbidden West.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Did you also do the Frozen Wilds?

FatBurt likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Not yet but I plan to before moving on to Mass Effect.

FatBurt likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's kind of weird in that you should definitely play it after the main campaign, but its story is still set before the final main campaign mission.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    It kind of is and isn't

You can start it once you get to level 30 if memory serves and in many respects it's worth bouncing to it then as the weapons you get are an update on what you currently have.

It is however harder than the actual main story end missions (Scorchers far worse than Deathbringers for example) and is therefore actually easier to play once you finish the main game and level up further.

But yeah, roll on Forbidden West

Darth Chiznuk and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Scorchers are evil bastards.

23. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Yep, I'm not even going to mention the follow up secret machine that he has to face later. I hate those too. I'd rather take on a Thunderjaw or Stormbird than any of the new Frozen Wild beasties.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I never did Frozen Wilds because by the time I got around to it I'd forgotten how to play the game and I sucked so badly I couldn't get through the beginning.

But I'm glad others are enjoying Zero Dawn overall!

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So far I’ve found the Deathbringers the hardest to deal with. I suck at aiming so having to shoot those small yellow reactors to get it down is a nightmare. :p

Jedi Ben likes this.