main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I played Kena for about an hour and enjoyed it so far. Well, I say played, I played about fifteen minutes and spent forty five in photo mode.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Snapping The Rot, right?

Joystick Chevron likes this.
  3. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    When they keep yawning at me, how can I not? Also, honestly, I was trying to get the hang of the photo mode controls. Not used to having a dedicated shutter button, keep hitting it looking for something else.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Can't say I've ever played the Puzzle Bobble games (at least not more than once just to try it); but Bubble Bobble was one of only a handful of games that I played religiously at the local bowling alley growing up. If they released a full remake of that game it would be an instant buy for me; but only if it keeps the theme from the original.

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Sprout Captain

Utter Bastard

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    For reasons unbeknownst to God and Man I've re-installed Guild Wars 2. I've barely touched Path of Fire so I have all of that to go through, plus the Living World stuff. No idea what's going on. I feel like I need a refresher.

7. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    GW2 continues to be exceptional. I've already prepurchase "End of Dragons" for Feb next year.

I'm up to two legendaries and part way through 3 more

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I need to look up what that involves. My character is a bit squishy, despite being at level and equipped with exotic gear. I've not done any crafting though so I'm a bit buggered if I need to do that.

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    yeah, you need crafting for legendaries

you can get ascended in drops in fractals but they're rare.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I think I am done with Journey / Abzu style idiot indie games knock-offs.

Spirit of the North being responsible for the death blow.

Chapters 1-2? Really good, excellent visuals, soundtrack to match. Yeah, you think, this is going to be good.

Then you start Chapter 3 and it totally destroys itself. Bad platforming, worse signposting, goddamn awful water level puzzles - it quickly got to the point where my only option was to delete the game.

I couldn't tell what I had to do or why, what the systems were - I had this staff that was getting in the way too, as the same interact button was also pick up and drop, none of it made logical sense. It had become a total, opaque mess.

But this has happened on other indie games like Rine where being cryptic and confusing is seen as some sort of virtue. It's not.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So I finally started Halo 1 campaign. My brother's almost done with it, then we're gonna play the rest of the campaigns on co-op ideally before Infinite comes out in December. That's the plan.

darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Co-op was the first way I played Halo 20 years ago and it's still the best way.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I played Halo 3 co-op in college. It's the only one I've played before.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  15. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I haven’t really kept up with PlayStation Now, but Xbox’s Games with Gold have gone to absolute **** ever since the rise of Game Pass. Maybe Sony’s also shifting its focus. Makes sense.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sony doesn't really push PS Now but it's not actually bad.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Ah, too bad, I kinda wanted to play that one.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You might want to head over to the game beaten thread Rogue, as I went back to it, as I was on the right track after all. It was a very flawed, albeit beautiful in audiovisual terms, game for me.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    pga tour 2k21 is quite fun, can vouch. can download thousands of user-made courses.

ea's got the pga license going forward though, so it won't be a game supported for more than another year, i'd guess.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the last time I played golf in a video game was a few years ago in none other than GTA V since it was one of the "daily challenges" to earn money and XP.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    golf games are great to play with friends. easy to catch up and just talk about whatever when you don't have to constantly focus on what's happening in the game.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "Playing golf" in GTA V for me means running over people on the course with a golf cart.

FatBurt and blackmyron like this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    God of War won IGN's fan poll for greatest game of all time. It's certainly my favorite. I am happy.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm trying to play it now as one of the PS freebies but I just can't get into it.

Similar to GoW3, I struggled with that too. It looks great and all that but it's just not that interesting so far. I beat the "Stranger" the other night and have had no impetus to move on.

My new SSD for the PS5 is due today too

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know how you do that fight and aren't super interested in the story!