main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm really hoping I'm just in a gaming funk and that I'll shake out of it soon

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It was a rare spike, after it there were a couple of bosses that I consider to be very crappy, but the majority I got on with far better.

Likely answer is: Too hacked off by the boss fight to give a damn about the story.

Problem is it is an early boss. So quite logical to conclude chances of getting further, with that being an early boss is low. Because later bosses will be harder, right?

Turns out not to be so.

I do recommend continuing with it, especially if playing on PS5.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

I didn't have much problem with that boss fight.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I get the intellectual concept of what they were going for, that you're supposed to struggle as Kratos but, even on Easy, it was a total bastard and unpleasant experience for me.

The levels after it I got on with far better, including battering the hell out of bosses.

5. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    The fight was easy enough, it was just boring.

Crash bang wallop, oh, he rehealed

Crash bang wallop, some exposition, Kratos gets pissed and now does more damage and he's rehealed

Crash bang wallop, climb a cliff and throw a mountainside on the dude.

Oh he escaped and....

when will this end?

Oh it's ended

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

That is... Definitely not how most people felt about that fight. Interesting.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I did not like how Control

just ended abruptly. Do the DLC wrap things up?

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah, I don’t know about the God of War thing. I saw that it won IGN’s (lol) poll for the greatest game ever made, and I was like “…yeah, okay, I can see it.” It’s a phenomenal video game. Sometimes you’re just not in the right headspace for something, and putting it down and coming back to it later on down the line might be the answer. Or you just don’t like it, that’s cool too. Don’t force yourself to try to like something if you’re not into it. But God of War is easily a top five title from last gen for me. No other game has even come close to making me leap from my couch and cheer the way that game did.

On a completely different note, I’m sad that I drank the Hot Wheels kool-aid. Not sure what game games media is playing, but it’s not the one I am. Dull, boring, and unimaginative arcade racer. Couldn’t even stick with it as a podcast game. Waste of $50. Oh well.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Kena

Had to drop down to Baby difficulty because I got to that ONE boss who was killing me with three hits.

First spirit cleared and ready to take on the next spirit.

This is a game I'm really enjoying, the music is good, even on baby difficulty I've finding a challenge at times, the game doesn't give everything on a plate either. I'm liking it and looking forwards to slowly progressing through to the end.

I really like the concept behind the game and whilst some elements are a little derivative, I'd be happy for Ember Labs to make a sequel and expand on Kena's story a little. There is mileage here if they put their mind to it and this is a world I would be open to see more of.

Joystick Chevron and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I should play some more Halo CE today. I think I'm halfway through the campaign.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Kena is going to be next once I've finished the Judgment replay, which is proving to be a very effective illustration of the invisible PS5 difference.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was playing AC Origins on my PS4, but I went back to ESO on my PC. I think I'm slowly but surely turning into a PC gamer. Going to buy the AC Ancient trilogy if/when it goes on sale again.

I'm still gunning for a PS5.

blackmyron likes this.
  13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Almost done with Origins - completed everything (except boring stuff like chariot races) in the base game, just finished the first DLC story & wrapping up, then on to the second.
    ESO is on my list of games to get back into, but my backlog is still immense.

solojones likes this.
  14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah, loving me some Kena. I'm currently watching Match of the day but thinking about the Spirit mail I've just delivered and the part of the village I'll clear next.

New SSD (Gammix Blade S70) running smoothly too, dead easy to fit and gives a speed of 6200 according the the PS5

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah see Destiny has a 6 month season and we're almost done with the story already. So I figure THEN I'll have time to catch up on ESO.

blackmyron likes this.
  16. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    The bosses gave me trouble on standard mode, but now trying it on Master to get the platinum - I want to tear my hair out. Fun though. :p

17. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Properly invested back into Guild Wars 2. Just finished up the Path of Fire campaign and also spent the last week or so getting 100% map completion. Now on to the Living World season four and the Icebrood Saga. Should be more than ready for End of Dragons in February. Hoping it's out early February so it doesn't conflict with Destiny 2: The Witch Queen though.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Twitch people, change your passwords.

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it's nice to learn that an overdose of irony can't literally kill me, I guess.

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Initial reviews of Metroid Dredd indicate it could be a worthwhile purchase.

Very tempted right now as I love Metroid and I need something to break my gaming funk.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  21. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Follow up

With Dredd due in a couple of days (I'm going to wait a week till payday before I get it). I thought I'd fire up the WII and play Metroid Prime again

I really need the updated version of Prime. The lack of strafe is really difficult to get back to grips with, the opening level is so much harder now with muscle memory now tying to push for a strafe and I want to manually aim whilst moving.

It's going to take some time to remember the "Old Ways"

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    *Dread

Dredd is the name of a comic book character. :p

23. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Bugger, I clearly read too much 2000 AD as a child

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Typos when spelling the name of a video game? That’s five years in the cubes, punk.

Jedi Ben and FatBurt like this.
  25. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Happy to say Alan Wake Remastered is still really good. It was one of my favorite games on the 360, and it’s retained most of what I loved about it. Campy, entertaining story, solidly creepy atmosphere, great soundtrack. Gameplay’s a little worse than I remember and the camera’s finicky (it constantly moves over Alan’s left shoulder, and I’m always having to click in the right stick to move it back), but overall it’s been a good time revisiting it. Great October game.