main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I sincerely doubt it. It was a miracle that they made the jump from the PSP to PlayStation.

And I'd hold off on the purchase of the "Definitive Edition" until they say exactly what's being cut from the original. I'm betting that the soundtracks at the very least - which for me are the heart and soul of the game - are going to be gutted. I mean, they literally reached into people's copies of GTA IV and deleted music.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm definitely keen on putting this on my radar; at least after I've gotten a hold of a PS5.

Edit:

This dropped today as well:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Started playing Control; which I had picked up as a PS Plus freebie earlier this year. It's kind of a weird game; borrows a little from the Infamous series where you pick up and throw objects like some sort of mutant; and adds a supernatural element. You can tweak the settings with "cheats" like one-hit kills and invulnerability right from the start and all along the way. It suggests something about "rewards" as a warning when you decide to tweak. I wasn't going to do any tweaking until I got to the first boss battle, and it was ridiculously cheap. It's one thing if you're prepared with the best weapons and/or health against a boss, but if you got a crappy weapon and the boss flies around all over the place (not to mention you have other baddies shooting at you on the ground), it's nice to have an option to make things less frustrating. Once I got past the boss I turned off the tweaks and continued the story.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I never had to tweak the settings in Control. Once you get enough abilities (catching missiles and grenades, throwing enemies, zipping and flying around) the combat gets a lot easier.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

The Suicide Squad game looks awesome.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm curious how the gameplay works. Is it four-player co-op online? Single-player offline (where you choose one character and the other three are AI-controlled? If it's online maybe they'll have a preferred character queue sort of like Overwatch with it's role queue. Naturally I'd always choose Harley; but depending on her abilities and power I wonder if most people would want to play as her.

7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I found Control to be pretty difficult. If the game wasn’t so enthralling in its writing and atmosphere, I absolutely would’ve set it down and never come back. I quit a few times, only to be drawn back in because I really wanted to find out what happened next. If/When I play it again, I’ll probably utilize those accessibility tweaks. If that game had one flaw, it was poor difficulty balancing.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But the problem is that you don't have enough abilities before the first boss. It was just very cheap IMO.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think I died once or twice, but it's doable. Keep moving, try to stay out of its line of sight, and throw **** at it.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't have that patience. I tried a couple of times and just did the tweaking. I'm playing this game - that I only downloaded as a PS Plus freebie - for the story moreso than the actual gameplay. It's not worth getting frustrated over.

11. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Looks like the co creator of halo is building a new studio at EA.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Congratulations to him and his coworkers on their long and fruitful career of making approximately 1.5 games before being absorbed into other divisions with all redundant positions terminated without severance pay.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    If it weren't for blu rays I'm not even sure why I bothered getting a PS4 at this point. :p

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe because the PC versions of some of the PS4's hit games only come out about a year and a half after their PlayStation counterparts.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    BTW @Darth Guy drop what you're doing and play GOW on PC when it drops. It's my favorite game of all time. No pressure.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Crysis remaster is due out soon

Never played it but rumours are it's good.

Is it worth getting?

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'll wait out the inevitable PC port performance issues first. :p

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ok fair :p

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    AGC liked it. Might be one to wait for a price drop on.

FatBurt likes this.
  21. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Fine with me.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    $50 for a game that came out in 2018.

Unbelievable.

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The thing with PC games is there are a lot of sales with increasing discounts. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 20% off at launch.

24. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

I don't buy Wahlberg as Sully at all.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm scared to watch this.