main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I will say this about Death stranding. It’s gotta be the game where I expected to least expected to see the most amount of bare ass. The amount of times I have seen Norman Reedus’s digital ass is enough for several lifetimes. Also despite it making sense in the end I found it comical when Del Toro’s character wore a full suit into the shower. What he’s not hot enough?

I do like the game’s story this is just me more making jokes than anything. I just didn’t expect so much ass.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sony has "officially" ended the PlayStation 4 lifecycle

Apparently a recent report showing that Sony will be making one million more PS4 units through the rest of the year and that will be the final batch. This is suggested because their latest earnings report did not include a section for the PS4. Sony went on to mention that they will be shipping more PS5 consoles this year than ever before (granted this year is already past the halfway point, but if that means that by the holiday season you might actually see boxes of the consoles at your local electronics store for the first time, that's certainly good news for consumers).

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Quote of the week.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

I really hope this means no more dual releases. Let PS5 games be PS5 games.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think that will only happen when, as I suggested in my post, you see retailers like Best Buy have weekly stock of the consoles (rather than the masses having to check online for which stores are scheduled to get a new shipment in). Right now, you cannot just walk into your neighbor electronics store and buy PS5 unless you know they got a recent shipment in and you get there early enough. You certainly can't buy the console as a standalone at places like Gamestop, where they still have you buy into a packaged bundle.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sony will definitely move on if they’re doing this, but the install base may still not be there yet for the big developers. The supply chain issues have ****ed up this cycle.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Ahsoka's Tano and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There's a really good Digital Foundry video from a few weeks back on the likelihood of PS5 Pro / XBX 2.

Their conclusions were interesting in that what was true for previous console generations is not proving to be so now. That suggests to me the PS5-XBX generation may be longer.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah they really have. PS5 has sold something like 20 million units but it could have been twice that. Very frustrating.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just can’t wait for them to finally abandon the PS4 . But I don’t think that’s gonna happen for like 3 years

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Has anyone tried the new Multiverses game yet? I don't know if it's an issue with Warner Bros, or just me, but it won't let me log into the game. I created a new WB games account, used the code, and got a weird error message each time I tried to get in. I sent an email to their customer service for help.

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I highly recommend Superluminal for anyone who loves mind-bending puzzle games. It takes a lot of inspiration from Portal, and forces you to approach each puzzle room with a new perspective every time. It takes a lot of getting used to, but once you get the hang of the object resizing mechanics, it gets really fun.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I've had it on my wishlist for a while now so it's firmly in the "I will get around to playing this one day" category.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So Death stranding is getting really good. I honestly have no clue what to expect next. Anyone could be the real villain. Besides the amount of ass you’ll see it’s a great game. I mean it’s even better if you want to see that sorta thing.

however the gameplay is boring. But the story is top notch.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    jfk vs the ass of norman reedus is my favorite plotline of 2022

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was playing it today in the family living room. As my TV needs a new plug. But luckily no ass. That would have been a weird family conversation.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Something I didn’t expect Power Washing Simulator to give me - motion sickness. Had to call it quits in the middle of the second level because of it. I’ve always been sensitive to it, spinning carnival rides, reading in the car, etc. But only one video game had ever made me queasy before (Rage), but I was able to rectify that one in the display settings. With PWS, I wasn’t having enough fun to bother. Maybe some folks find that kinda thing relaxing, but it was the complete opposite for me. If I’m gonna play one of these types of games, I’m definitely gonna go for the less infuriating Lawn Mowing Simulator. Because when I go over the grass, it’s actually cut, unlike PWS where you go over dirt and it’s just still there.

timmoishere likes this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    so it wasn't made clear, but at the end of the post-evo tekken 7 update announcement, all they showed was this shot of kazuya

[​IMG]

and harada was jumping around in the crowd at the mandalay bay without saying anything. the speculation is that it is either a tekken 1 remaster (no plz), or tekken 8 (YES PLZ).

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The Tekken games never caught on to me, and I like fighting games in general. The martial arts moves, while I know they're meant to be more realistic than other fighting games, kind of got old and somewhat frustrating at times.

20. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I’m not a fighting game connoisseur by any means, but Tekken is my favorite of those so I’m game for whatever they do. If it’s a remake of the first game, cool, I didn’t jump on until 3. But that would feel like an odd step backwards considering how 7 seems to have elevated that franchise into what’s probably the most respected mainstay in the genre at this point. Plus it had all the cutscenes from past games, which was great.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Final Fantasy XIII

Granted, it's over a decade since I last played this, but I really don't remember it being the total bastard that it currently is. It's also uneven in its bastardry, with it being entirely possible for your party to breeze through a boss fight then lose to a set of normal enemies.

How? Part of it is your skills are limited, you can't over-level. The other part is you don't choose your party members. At the start this is further compounded by role limitations. Being stuck with two Ravagers that can't stagger an enemy, when the combat system is built around staggering, is hugely frustrating.

Other stuff is reflective of JRPGs developing since 2009-10. Your party can ambush enemies but only by running up to them, there's no attack ability. The enemy sight cones are poorly indicated and the camera is often drunk in its movement.

The bosses can be particularly cheap, especially when combined with its leader-dies = party KO / instant loss mechanic. Two bosses so far pretty much had an attack that can wipe your party out if not fully healed before it hits.

So why persist with it? Because when it is on-form, and it is a pretty even split in the early game, it is very on-form. It is very satisfying switching between the attack paradigms, using timing to interrupt enemy attacks and seeing your party cut a swathe through their enemies.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    FF13 still my fav FF. 13-2 still goodish even if it negates 13’s ending. Haven’t been able to finish LR, even though I’ve tried like 6 times and love the character.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    LR was the last Final Fantasy game that I pre-ordered before VII-Remake was announced.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    One thing that is rather neat in playing FF13 on the XBX is it applies an auto HDR effect. The result is a good looking game looks better still.

And SE were the rulers of FMV sequences - there's a load of excellent and intricate ones in this.

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Account sharing is prohibited Mr. Toriyama.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    solojones and ZanderSolo like this.