main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The Switch port is broken beyond belief and may not be finishable. Hard avoid.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Reynar_Tedros and solojones like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So 70 hours later and the stat percentage for Elder Scrolls Online says 18%! That is one big game!

For the most part, its general structure is pretty good - get quest, follow prompts, sometimes kill enemies then boss, done. Other times, however, the quest structure will be awful. Invisible timers, massive difficulty spikes, unfair mechanics - they are the exception and vast minority, but they certainly sour the game when they turn up. The best solution if you hit one of thesr? Abandon it and do something more fun.

That aside, the zone structure is effective, the stories are told well. True, if you boil it down to essentials, you get a handful of enemies - rogue, heavy, mage, archer plus boss variants. But it mixes it up enough too.

Playing it on PS5 where there are practically no loading screens, bar a second here or there, is a very smooth experience. Suggests Starfield could be a lot of fun on XBX later in the year.

It has quite a bit in common with the huge Assassin's Creed games of recent years. It's not taxing, it's not a Souls-like, it's very recreational and straight forward.

solojones and blackmyron like this.
  3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Confirmed: James Hong and Keith Richards to outlive Windows 8.

[​IMG]

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeesh. You'd think they'd at least provide a legacy access client to select titles and features instead of barring all access to your purchased library.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Microsoft has already stopped supporting those operating systems. Anyone who's still using 7 or 8.1 and connecting to the internet is taking a big risk, so it makes sense that Valve doesn't want anything to do with that. 7 is 14 years old. It's time for any stragglers to move on.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    solojones and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    At the risk of sounding flippant, if you wanted to be able to access your titles regardless of the relative deprecation status of your OS (and as Guy says, if you're too out of date and still online you're running a personal security risk), you should've bought on GOG. Steam has always carried the implicit assumption that you are sufficiently up-to-date to run, well, Steam. "But not everything is on GOG." Well as a GOG devotee, let me tell you: yep. That's the trade-off.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Huh, Live A Live is coming to PS5.

Cool.

8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Time to just permanently retire it, everyone can already see the writing on the wall.

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Now how am I going to see pre-rendered trailers, prototype hardware, and most importantly awkward developers and executives on stage?

Ramza and blackmyron like this.
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Meanwhile, Summer Games Fest announced today that they'll have the biggest edition ever this year.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    This is extra funny because they literally hired the PAX organizers to try and solve the E3 problem.

I shouldn’t feel so happy, I guess, but as I’ve been predicting this eventual development for a while, well…

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The hurricane formed from the butterfly wings of Nintendo's Digital Event flapping its wings a decade ago.

(obviously, other factors too)

I'll be sad to lose having everything concentrated in a 4-5 day period (especially with the Treehouse Live streams Nintendo used to do), but this was inevitable.

DarkRula and solojones like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm playing the Final Fantasy VII "remake" on PC. It's alright so far. I didn't know that young Charlie Sheen played a supporting character. My main gripe is that I wish it didn't have the meta crap.

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    @dp4m so I'm about 150 hours into my playthrough and in the middle of Act V. Remember when I said being evil was fun. Well no, I felt like absolute **** after ruining Arue and destroying Ember's hope.

I think i'm doing quite well gameplay wise though, a lot better than when I started :p

[​IMG]

I love Weird

[​IMG]

Also I may have massacred the Queen and her army

[​IMG]

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I haven't gotten far enough in my evil playthroughs to do those yet but I'm sure I will feel sufficiently bad.

If Mage, then you're already good with Weird but don't rule out Icy Prison, Mass with Ascendent Element (Frost).

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Man, Buoshock Infinite is really living up to its name.
    I wanna just mindlessly blast zombies for a bit, but I know I need to push through to the DLCs...

19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I have those, but my main specialty is Enchantment so hello Heightened Command Stop here we go. Also cause I'm a demon my bolstered Hellfire Ray is doing wonders. When you are in rage mode and you have both a quickening metamagic rod and the right mythic aspect, you can use a spell as a free action, a move action, and a normal action each turn. So in one turn I shoot out 3 separate instances of hellfire ray, 9 rays total bolstered. I one shot a demon lord.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Grandmaster's+Rod

21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It's good that I just went there a couple days ago then haha

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Me the past few posts

[​IMG]

Darth Guy, Ramza and tom like this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Pathfinder: WotR, man.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  24. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I pick that up when it was on sale a while back. It’s pretty overwhelming but I just made it out of the tutorial area I think. Looks like it’s going to be fun but I have no idea what I’m doing.

Course I’ve mostly been playing the new version of OOTP as the Twins manager and GM.

My starter got Aaron Judge ground out to first at Yankees Stadium once and the crowd immediately started booing him like crazy despite him batting like .400 on the season, so that’s an impressively accurate simulation imo.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    The Pathfinder games have been by far the most in depth pen-and-paper turned into CRPG games in recent times. It definitely is overwhelming when you look at all the stats and classes available to you and all the mechanics you need to learn.

Definitely suggest maybe doing Pillars of Eternity first to get your toes wet.

Ramza and Jedi Ben like this.