main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Played and enjoyed Pillars of Eternity but can't say even at the end I had really grasped the systems of it.

It has some really neat touches in it too. Like how I ended up executing a criminal and hung his corpse at the entrance to my fortress. The writing is excellent too.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I really liked how they took place in a colonial era setting and dealt with the the concepts of religion, colonialism, civil war, etc. It's not often seen in a dnd style game.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If I hadn't played PoE, I wouldn't have been as hooked for Avowed. The idea of rendering that world from isometric view to full 3D.... I'm up for that.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I'm.... cautiously optimistic. I like action RPGs but I'm definitely a CRPG kinda guy and I hope they keep the themes that made Pillars and Deadfire so good.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I hope so, it's Obsidian so probably a safe bet.

Outer Worlds was a good showcase for how they do full 3D. That had a character creator that I think had some depth for those who know what they're doing. Conversations were very well put together too. Combat was in there but probably the weakest aspect.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    @Ramza Have you heard about Dredge? Seems like it'd right up your alley.

Ramza and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It is done

[​IMG]

dp4m and blackmyron like this.
  8. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Been trying to find a good lore video for Diablo that isn't either 37583847 parts or “Diablo in 2 minutes,” but not having much luck. Anyone got any recommendations? Looking for lore background and D1 through Reaper of Souls summary.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't say I care about Redfall but this doesn't sound good:

Feels like execs demanding a fixed release date over developer objections.

It's also pretty stupid as either side of its 2 May release there is Star Wars: Jedi - Survivor and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, not the time to be slacking.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    60 fps should definitely be prioritized over resolution and lighting.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmn, so I just found out what "host only progression" means and this is in Redfall, a co-op FPS.

Is that a standard thing?

12. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    If you kill the cow king you won’t be able to get back into the secret cow level with that character.

Ramza likes this.
  13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Not so far as I'm aware.

I remember the original Guild Wars allowing you to share missions but you all benefitted from story progression in that case.

This feels a bit restrictive IMO and I see no benefit in doing coop if my story won't move forwards.

Coop later on maybe if I'm tracking back to help out but if that's not an option, then what's the point in playing it with no progression other than loot

Gone Mobile

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

This is absolutely ridiculous. What is Xbox's problem. Give me literally 1080 60fps over 4k 30. I think 30 is unnacceptable.

Darth Guy and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Some games can get away with it, but a FPS? No way. PS4 to PS5 Destiny 2 is night and day, the PS5 version is so damn snappy.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    A molasses simulator could get away with it. :p

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Destiny is how I realized this. Going back to PS4 occasionally is painful..but understandable because it's a PS4.

But any new game on current gen? Nah this is unacceptable.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    To me it's the biggest thing about the Switch that really shows its age. First-party titles dip to as low as the teens in FPS and I don't understand why people are fine with that. It should be noticeable to everyone and it affects the game play experience.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So for my escape room game, the developers put on "build a room" contests at times. This one was about making an artistic masterpiece since they released a Leonardo Davinci room. I couldn't come up with nothing so I just made a meme room lol.

But the lady who won, is the one you often hear in people's rooms for voice over work in their games. She almost didn't even submit her room, she wasn't confident yet she won. What's the grand prize? They're flying her out to France to see the Mona Lisa at the Lourve.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    solojones likes this.
  20. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I'm still one who says a stable framerate is more important that a high one. Sure, 60 makes things look super smooth, but after a while playing at one, it's not something that's noticeable. Meanwhile, if it's unstable, it ruins the experience. Look at Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3. Who the hell was in charge of optimising it, 'cus a kart racer that fluctuates so massively in framerate that even the basics of driving are affected isn't a fun one.

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I agree that highly variable framerates are also bad and it's usually a big indicator that the hardware is struggling. But 60 fps isn't that high. Even the most basic displays have a refresh rate of at least 60hz nowadays.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    60 should be the minimum. We know these consoles can do it for big games like Horizon Forbidden West or Destiny. Hell, Destiny has a 120fps 1080p pvp mode. And lots of games now do 1440p with a variable framerate up to like 80 (and if you have a TV with VRR these consoles support that function so it's all good)

RedFall really isn't hitting the very basics. It should be delayed. I was gonna play it and even though it's included with Gamepass I now won't until it's at 60

23. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Kill the Justice League delayed to Feb 2024.

Please add offline Solo mode.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You seem to have confused a post-1980s Suicide Squad project with something concerned with being fun rather than just making a bunch of money.

Yeah I said it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    Joystick Chevron and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Severely unlikely.